Cakes that Taste as Good as they Look

Pastry Shells is a specialty bakery with beautiful and delicious decorated sugar cookies and stunning and yummy wedding cakes. I want to make sure your big day is as perfect as you can imagine and I'll help you create your dream cake and make sure it tastes good too! Check out the website for a full list of publications and to see even more creations!

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Natalie H

Shelly created such a beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding! She was extremely professional and prepared, and made the entire process -from the initial tasting to the wedding day setup- so easy! Our cake looked exactly like I hoped it would, and all of our guests... Read More complimented us on how yummy it was. Even though the wedding is over, I follow her Instagram (@pastryshells) just to look at pretty cookies and cakes every day. I definitely recommend Pastry Shells for any special occasion.

2017-05-31T07:03:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a blast to be a part of your fun and beautiful wedding! All your little details were such a perfect match for the cake!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Patricia K

Shelly was a dream to work with. I gave Shelly descriptions on what I wanted and she was so creative giving options on designs for both my wedding cake and grooms cake. The cakes were not only beautiful and perfect but absolutely delicious. My husband and I can't wait for our... Read More one year anniversary to have more cake! I continuously refer Pastry Shells for weddings, birthdays and other events.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Lauren M

Pastry Shells was an absolute dream to work with! Not only are all her cakes AMAZING, they are incredibly beautiful as well. Shelly created the cake of my dreams, taking my inspiration pictures and ideas and creating a cake even better than I could have imagined. I would highly... Read More recommend Pastry Shells and will be using her for any cakes I need in the future!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 E C

Shelly did an AMAZING job on my wedding cake! She works with you and she did exactly what I wanted just by a couple of pictures and ideas I told her. Not only did it look amazing, it was the best cake I have ever had! I had strawberry flavor cake and the chocolate cake with... Read More butter cream frosting. Her prices are reasonable as well! Definitely would reccomend!!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Anh N

We have been so happy with Shelly and so glad that Pastry Shells was able to make our wedding cake! Shelly was very helpful in choosing cake flavor combinations, suggesting flowers, and designing the cake. She has so many cake flavors available and is really open to any other... Read More suggestions that you may have. We eventually chose a 3-tier cake, with the top and bottom tier having spice cake, dark chocolate ganache, and cream cheese, and the middle tier having red velvet cake, real strawberries, and cream cheese. I believe the spice cake is her grandmother's recipe and it is extremely delicious! I've had many wedding guests tell me how delicious the cake was, especially one guest whose favorite hobby is baking! The cake also looked stunning, and Shelly is very talented in cake flower arrangement as well. I highly recommend Pastry Shells for all your wedding confection needs!

2017-09-18T18:46:45 Response from the vendor

What sweet words! Thank you so much! I'm so happy you loved the flavors and the flower arrangement! I loved your cake so much and I'm so happy I was part of you day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Emily G

I have always used Pastry Shells for all cake events but my favorite was our wedding cake. Shelly made my dream cake a reality and it was gorgeous. Our cake had a quilted pattern with candied pearls at each corner. My husband and I were so impressed with the detail and quality.... Read More It was flawless and tasted delicious! I love how she takes the time to get all the details perfect. I highly recommend Pastry Shells because she is dedicated, easy to work with, flexible and caring.

2017-09-17T14:07:32 Response from the vendor

I loved your cake! The blue ribbon around the bottom of each tier really made the quilting pattern POP! Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Megan D

I highly recommended Pastry Shells!! Shelly did an amazing job on our wedding cake! From the cake tasting to the delivery, everything was so organized! Shelly goes above and beyond to make her brides happy. The details I asked her to do on my cake turned out perfect, and it... Read More tasted even better!! Her caramel filling is my favorite! Thank you for helping make my wedding day perfect and stressless with a fabulous wedding cake!!

2017-09-16T11:12:24 Response from the vendor

The caramel filling is one of my favorites too! Your waterfall red flowers were just unbelievable! Loved being a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Lanta C

Pastry Shells was wonderful to work with! Her work is both delicious (try the strawberry cake with cream cheese icing--yum!) and high quality in design. I absolutely LOVED our wedding cake!!! I already knew the cake would be delicious and beautiful, but seeing the cake in person... Read More on our wedding day proved that Shelly went above and beyond our expectations! She is prompt and personable, and listens carefully to your vision along the way. You will not be disappointed if you pick Pastry Shells!

2017-09-16T11:10:57 Response from the vendor

I loved making your cake! The tiers were all so unique and different and the POP of green was just so stunning with the flowers! Thank you so much for choosing Pastry Shells!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Kellie G

We used Pastry Shells for our wedding cake, and could not have been more happy with her services!! She is quick to respond, and extremely flexible to work with. Her baking skills are out of this world :) she met us for a private tasting prior to our wedding, and it was honestly... Read More hard choosing a flavor. They were all so good! Not only did the cake taste good, but it was beautiful as well. I highly recommend Pastry Shells for any special occasion!

2017-09-16T11:10:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for a wonderful review! I loved being a part of your wedding and I'm so happy you loved your cake!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Libby L

Shelly was incredible! I waited until very late to decide on a cake, but she was fast, responsive, flexible, and creative with the design. The cake was beautiful but more importantly, delicious! I would highly recommend her!

2017-09-16T11:09:15 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy I was available to be a part of your special day! Plus, your design was so unique and fun! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Lauren D

I LOVE SHELLY! From day 1 she was so incredibly easy and friendly to work with. I knew I wanted to work with her even before I tasted her delicious cakes! During and after the wedding we received so many compliments about how amazing the cakes were. They were very moist and... Read More perfect amount of sweetness! We couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you Shelly for being a part of my special day!

2017-05-03T09:49:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet review! It was such an honor to be a part of your beautiful day! Thank you!

Shelly Nunnally

Hey! I'm Shelly, owner and creator of Pastry Shells! I absolutely love everything about weddings and found my calling for cakes back in 2010. I'm an Atlanta native (born and raised inside the perimeter) and am obsessed with anything pink! I used to be a full time engineer and quick my day job to become a full time baker... rest assured your cake will be structurally sound :) Pastry Shells would love to be part of your big and special day. I will work with you every step of the way to help you get a cake of your dreams within most budgets (and I also make sweet sugar cookies too)!