Cakes that Taste as Good as they Look

Pastry Shells is a specialty bakery with beautiful and delicious decorated sugar cookies and stunning and yummy wedding cakes. I want to make sure your big day is as perfect as you can imagine and I'll help you create your dream cake and make sure it tastes good too! Check out the website for a full list of publications and to see even more creations!

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Ashley J

Shelly was the BEST!!! I had tried so many cakes before finding her, and thought I would never find the perfect cake. I was looking for moist, flavorful cake with not too sweet icing while still being gorgeous. Surprisingly that is very hard to find! I was feeling like I'd never... Read More find anyone when my mom and I visited Shelly, and we were so happy at our tasting we booked her right there! We came to her home, which is SO cute, she made 3 mini cakes of the flavors we wanted to try, so it would mimic the actual wedding cake. It was set up perfectly, organized, and we felt comfortable with her. She was so sweet! She understood what we wanted the cakes (wedding & groom) to look like, helped me understand the tiers and sizes we would need, and went out of her way to communicate with me about finding the perfect cake stand. It was an easy, great experience working with her. She is also very affordable. She wants you to have the cake of your dreams, for a price in your budget, super easy to communicate with, and just the nicest person ever. She knew what the cake meant to me (a lot because I used to bake too) and she made the cakes of our dreams! We had SO many compliments! People said they don't like wedding cake but loved ours! Her cakes are AMAZING. For the grooms cake, it was chocolate, oh my gosh..... moist, chocolaty, with the best dark chocolate flavor. For our 3 tier wedding cake we had triple lemon and almond cake with raspberry filling (vanilla buttercream on outside for both). Top layer was lemon cake with raspberry, and I cannot wait to eat it next year! The icing is perfect, not too sweet, with the creamiest delicious flavor and the cakes are moist, soft, perfect crumb, and have a wonderful, bright flavor. The icing was done in a simple, romantic way. She did a beautiful job and the flowers were placed beautifully. It was PERFECT. I can't thank her enough for giving us the cake of my dreams!!! I can't wait to order another cake from her!

2017-10-31T17:18:22 Response from the vendor

Ashley, I'm so happy I was able to help make your wedding dreams come true! It truly means so much to me to hear all these kind words! Thank you so much for trusting Pastry Shells with your wedding cake!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Natalie H

Shelly created such a beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding! She was extremely professional and prepared, and made the entire process -from the initial tasting to the wedding day setup- so easy! Our cake looked exactly like I hoped it would, and all of our guests... Read More complimented us on how yummy it was. Even though the wedding is over, I follow her Instagram (@pastryshells) just to look at pretty cookies and cakes every day. I definitely recommend Pastry Shells for any special occasion.

2017-05-31T07:03:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a blast to be a part of your fun and beautiful wedding! All your little details were such a perfect match for the cake!

Reviewed on 2/27/2018 Emily H

We were ready to commit to another baker before we met Shelly -- thank goodness! She didn't let us over buy on the number of guests our cake needed to serve, and she helped us save a ton of money in comparison to the other vendor. To top it off, the cake was beyond beautiful and... Read More tasted amazing -- our guests were raving about it! Our only regret is that we didn't order more cake so our guests could come back for seconds and try both of the flavors we went with. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/19/2018 Abby B

Shelly was so wonderful to work with! Not only did she make the decision making process so EASY she made two really beautiful cakes that tasted as amazing as they looked!! We were so pleased with our choice to use Pastry Shells - it was hands down one of the easiest choices we... Read More made for the wedding. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Lauren L

Shelly was great to work with. She was helpful and patient with answering all of my questions. She was easy to get a hold of and was great at communicating with me and executing exactly what I wanted for my wedding cake. When we came for our tasting, Shelly presented her... Read More tasty samples artfully and it was just the foreshadow for the actual day of the wedding. Her cakes are delicious with a homemade taste so you know it wasn’t from a mass producing bakery. Pasty Shells is definitely a great cake to present for your wedding!

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Wilson E

Shelly made a beautiful cake for us (architectural, stacked rectangles). It was amazing. Looked perfect and tasted great. I only heard positive reviews from our guests. Everyone loved it! Thanks Shelly!

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Helen H

Our wedding planner recommended Shelly to us and the whole wedding cake experience ended up being one of our favorites. We started off by picking 3 different combinations of cakes for our private tasting. We went with the strategy of picking what we thought might be unique... Read More combinations with the idea that if those were good then the standard flavors would be good. We ended up loving everything we had at the tasting and decided to go with the fun flavors that we had randomly put together rather than the more traditional vanilla! The cakes were all super moist and fresh tasting - night and day from some of the dry wedding cakes I've had at weddings. It definitely exceeded our expectations. We got a 5 layer cake with 2 different flavors but the option for more flavors was available to us. One was chocolate cake with caramel cream filling, the other was spice cake with lime cream filling - both with vanilla buttercream frosting since we wanted a white cake. The spice cake was such an incredible cake combination. We got compliments on the spice cake at the wedding and from coworkers at work after we brought leftovers in. We went to Shelly with a pretty specific idea of what we wanted our cake to look like which was kind of an abstract/architectural looking cake. We were a little nervous because it was something we hadn't seen before in person and that Shelly hadn't done before. The finished product was insane!! It ended up being one of the most talked about things at our wedding and is one of the things I look back most fondly upon when I'm going through pictures of the wedding day. Shelly ended up being the perfect person for our unique request because she's a civil engineer. We could not have been happier with how it turned out!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Logan W

Shelly is awesome!!! Our wedding planner recommended her to us so we scheduled a tasting and new automatically we wanted to go with her!! She did our wedding cake and grooms cake and they were both gorgeous and so yummy!! All of our guests complimented on how amazing both cakes... Read More were!! And she is super sweet and willing to work with you (I changed the flavor and look of the cake like a month before and she was totally cool about it and accommodating)! Definitely go with Shelly, you won't regret it!!!

2017-12-20T06:59:02 Response from the vendor

Logan, your wedding was so beautiful and I'm so happy I was able to be a part of it! Thank you so much for choosing Pastry Shells!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Mary Elizabeth D

Shelley is so sweet, organized, professional, and talented. From the second we first met her we were sold! Our cakes (wedding and grooms) were stunning, special, and above all delicious! We can’t thank Shelley enough for her help to make our wedding everything we’ve ever... Read More dreamed.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Margaret R

Pastry Shells did my cake, groom's cake, cupcakes and cookie favors! The personalized favors designed to look like my dog and cat were SUCH a hit. Shelly was great and professional. Everything was delicious. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kimberly S

Shelly created our wedding cake and a surprise Grooms cake for our wedding day! Both looked and tasted SPECTACULAR and we couldn't have loved them more! Shelly was great to work with and our final cakes looked so much like our inspiration photos. I couldn't have asked for a... Read More better cake!

2017-10-23T15:19:29 Response from the vendor

I loved making your beautiful cake with the marble effect and the fun Cubs Groom's cake! I'm so happy I was able to make your cake dreams come true!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Brea R

Couldn't be happier with how our wedding cakes turned out! Shelly is amazing. Very professional, and very caring - which is so comforting when you are trusting someone with a key component of such a special day! We would not have gone with any other baker. Shelly is the BEST!... Read More Would hire her again in a heartbeat!

2017-09-26T16:36:43 Response from the vendor

It was such a joy to be a part of your wedding! I loved working with you every step! Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Patricia K

Shelly was a dream to work with. I gave Shelly descriptions on what I wanted and she was so creative giving options on designs for both my wedding cake and grooms cake. The cakes were not only beautiful and perfect but absolutely delicious. My husband and I can't wait for our... Read More one year anniversary to have more cake! I continuously refer Pastry Shells for weddings, birthdays and other events.

2017-09-26T16:40:30 Response from the vendor

I loved making your Groom's cake! Your wedding cake was even more fun! Thank you so much for choosing Pastry Shells and referring me!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Lauren M

Pastry Shells was an absolute dream to work with! Not only are all her cakes AMAZING, they are incredibly beautiful as well. Shelly created the cake of my dreams, taking my inspiration pictures and ideas and creating a cake even better than I could have imagined. I would highly... Read More recommend Pastry Shells and will be using her for any cakes I need in the future!

2017-09-26T16:45:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for such a great review! Your wedding was fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 E C

Shelly did an AMAZING job on my wedding cake! She works with you and she did exactly what I wanted just by a couple of pictures and ideas I told her. Not only did it look amazing, it was the best cake I have ever had! I had strawberry flavor cake and the chocolate cake with... Read More butter cream frosting. Her prices are reasonable as well! Definitely would reccomend!!!!

2017-09-26T16:45:32 Response from the vendor

Strawberry cake is my fav! I'm so glad you loved it like I do! Thanks so much for choosing Pastry Shells!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Anh N

We have been so happy with Shelly and so glad that Pastry Shells was able to make our wedding cake! Shelly was very helpful in choosing cake flavor combinations, suggesting flowers, and designing the cake. She has so many cake flavors available and is really open to any other... Read More suggestions that you may have. We eventually chose a 3-tier cake, with the top and bottom tier having spice cake, dark chocolate ganache, and cream cheese, and the middle tier having red velvet cake, real strawberries, and cream cheese. I believe the spice cake is her grandmother's recipe and it is extremely delicious! I've had many wedding guests tell me how delicious the cake was, especially one guest whose favorite hobby is baking! The cake also looked stunning, and Shelly is very talented in cake flower arrangement as well. I highly recommend Pastry Shells for all your wedding confection needs!

2017-09-18T18:46:45 Response from the vendor

What sweet words! Thank you so much! I'm so happy you loved the flavors and the flower arrangement! I loved your cake so much and I'm so happy I was part of you day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Emily G

I have always used Pastry Shells for all cake events but my favorite was our wedding cake. Shelly made my dream cake a reality and it was gorgeous. Our cake had a quilted pattern with candied pearls at each corner. My husband and I were so impressed with the detail and quality.... Read More It was flawless and tasted delicious! I love how she takes the time to get all the details perfect. I highly recommend Pastry Shells because she is dedicated, easy to work with, flexible and caring.

2017-09-17T14:07:32 Response from the vendor

I loved your cake! The blue ribbon around the bottom of each tier really made the quilting pattern POP! Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Megan D

I highly recommended Pastry Shells!! Shelly did an amazing job on our wedding cake! From the cake tasting to the delivery, everything was so organized! Shelly goes above and beyond to make her brides happy. The details I asked her to do on my cake turned out perfect, and it... Read More tasted even better!! Her caramel filling is my favorite! Thank you for helping make my wedding day perfect and stressless with a fabulous wedding cake!!

2017-09-16T11:12:24 Response from the vendor

The caramel filling is one of my favorites too! Your waterfall red flowers were just unbelievable! Loved being a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Lanta C

Pastry Shells was wonderful to work with! Her work is both delicious (try the strawberry cake with cream cheese icing--yum!) and high quality in design. I absolutely LOVED our wedding cake!!! I already knew the cake would be delicious and beautiful, but seeing the cake in person... Read More on our wedding day proved that Shelly went above and beyond our expectations! She is prompt and personable, and listens carefully to your vision along the way. You will not be disappointed if you pick Pastry Shells!

2017-09-16T11:10:57 Response from the vendor

I loved making your cake! The tiers were all so unique and different and the POP of green was just so stunning with the flowers! Thank you so much for choosing Pastry Shells!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Kellie G

We used Pastry Shells for our wedding cake, and could not have been more happy with her services!! She is quick to respond, and extremely flexible to work with. Her baking skills are out of this world :) she met us for a private tasting prior to our wedding, and it was honestly... Read More hard choosing a flavor. They were all so good! Not only did the cake taste good, but it was beautiful as well. I highly recommend Pastry Shells for any special occasion!

2017-09-16T11:10:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for a wonderful review! I loved being a part of your wedding and I'm so happy you loved your cake!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Libby L

Shelly was incredible! I waited until very late to decide on a cake, but she was fast, responsive, flexible, and creative with the design. The cake was beautiful but more importantly, delicious! I would highly recommend her!

2017-09-16T11:09:15 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy I was available to be a part of your special day! Plus, your design was so unique and fun! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Lauren D

I LOVE SHELLY! From day 1 she was so incredibly easy and friendly to work with. I knew I wanted to work with her even before I tasted her delicious cakes! During and after the wedding we received so many compliments about how amazing the cakes were. They were very moist and... Read More perfect amount of sweetness! We couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you Shelly for being a part of my special day!

2017-05-03T09:49:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet review! It was such an honor to be a part of your beautiful day! Thank you!

Shelly Nunnally

Hey! I’m Shelly, an Atlantian (born and raised inside the perimeter), hot chocolate drinker, animal lover, obsessed with all things pink, oh, also I’m an engineer. I graduated from college with an engineering degree, however, I felt as if something was missing… my true passion has always been for baking, so I started Pastry Shells! Baking was always a part of my life growing up baking pies with my Dad and helping bake biscuits with my Mom, and it brought me so much joy! It was a simple choice to take something I loved and turn it into a business. I spent seven years baking wedding cakes a