South Florida's Largest and Friendliest Shop

We carry a full range of wedding attire by many different designers and manufacturers. We try to distinguish ourselves through our service and our concern for our customers, our love for the business and our desire to create a beautiful memory of each wedding.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion

4066 W Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL (954) 791-6007

Patricia's South

Reviewed on 5/10/2013 Kimberly S

I came here to try on bridal gowns for the first time. Laura (who sadly does not work there anymore... however she did call me to say that she was leaving and to wish me good luck!) helped us and she was AMAZING. She really listened to what I wanted and didn't pick out... Read More anything ugly! :) The first dress I tried on was the winner! I did try on four other beautiful dresses, but Laura clearly picked the best one which was the first one. The price was not outrageous at all and we did get a discount for buying the sample dress. Laura also picked out a veil that matched beautifully with my dress. Patricia's South has BEAUTIFUL dresses. Everything is really classy and not cheap looking like other famous bridal stores. On the day of the wedding, everyone kept telling me how my dress was totally different from other dresses and looked so elegant. I want to wear my dress every day! Since I had a great experience with Laura and my dress, I used Patricia's to find my bridesmaids dresses! They were so helpful since a lot of my girls didn't live in town. Again, the first dress that Laura picked out was the winner! All of the dresses there are really fun and pretty. Overall, DEFINITELY use Patricia's if you are shopping for your dress, bridesmaids dress, or even prom dress! I have had several other friends who have bought their wedding dress here and they were all satisfied. The women who did alterations were SO sweet and very helpful. I live in Orlando and they were able to help me out with no problem. Oh and one annoying thing... one of the front desk people was a little snooty. If she just lost the attitude I would have liked her too, but not enough to give it less than 5 stars! :) I love this place!!

Great service!

Reviewed on 8/17/2013 Kelly S

Awesome selections to choose from and very friendly staff!

Patricia South's

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Stephanie S

Patricia South's is the one stop shop for everything bridal! I got my all my bridesmaids dresses, the flower girls, the groom, groomsmen, the parents, and ring bearers tuxes from here! They are professional, personable, helpful. They worked with all types of budgets, allowed me... Read More to pick the perfect dress, styles, and colors, and kept me up to date with everything. Loved how everything turned out so perfectly!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Sarah B

I have to say that I LOVE MY WEDDING DRESS! However, I wish I could say the same about the customer service at Patricia South. They have great wedding dress selections and the store itself is timeless and quaint. Once they received my payment for my dress ($2,600) the customer... Read More service went downhill. They NEVER called me to tell me my dress was in from the maker. They NEVER called me to schedule a fitting. They NEVER called after my fitting to say my dress was ready for pickup. For my 2 dress fitting appointments I had to ask for a translator because my alteration lady did not speak English very well to answer any of my questions. What really upset me the most was that I called (because no one called me) and I had to find out if my dress was ready for final pick up. I asked if they could provide a box to travel with in since my wedding is a destination wedding. They said "sure no problem at all." I went to pick up my dress today and it's in a regular garment bag. So, I said, I called last week about a box and was told you could provide one. So they take my dress, mind you a $2,600 dress, and put it in an old, used, regular cardboard box that they had laying around. The box would have completely squash my dress if closed up. They made no sort of accommodation and basically said they don't normally have boxes and that was the best they could find. I do not feel that my experience was special and I feel my entire experience there was an after thought for them. I went there on a high recommendation, sadly, I will not recommend.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Noam M

Super disappointed in the customer service. I wish I would have listened to these reviews. Everything felt rushed, and impersonal. I had to basically demand to see more than the 5 dresses that were picked out for me by a stranger (2 I didn't even like at all) the last dress... Read More turned out to be the one! Unfortunately a bit out of my budget. As I approached Patricia regarding possible deals such as paying cash or anything to keep it within budget, I was met with an arrogant and dismissive response of "that's not how we conduct business here" that's not the type of attitude I'd expect from a store that helps brides find their dream dress. Baffled, I asked for the style name for the dress that I fell in love with, Patricia refused to give me the name! As in, buy it here or not at all! I am disgusted. Seriously don't waste your time. This is supposed to be a joyous and pleasant affair and there are plenty of other stores around that will provide a far, far better experience. I'm glad I at least managed discover the real face of this establishment before I got involved with them any further.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Caitlyn L

I had a wonderful experience. Sherly was excellent, I tried on a total of 6 dresses, all of which were my style and I liked each and every one of them, the last dress I tried on was the winner! I bought a Maggie Sottero dress which was well within my budget. The place itself is... Read More very cute and comfy. I recommend checking it out!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jacqueline S

I truly don't have words for how amazing my appointment was. From the moment I walked in I was treated like a princess. I brought my mom, my aunt, my sister, and my niece. Lisa, made us coffee and chatted with us about my ideas! She was so enthusiastic and excited. I loved her... Read More positive vibe. She let me try on tons of dresses until I found the dress that filled my eyes with tears and gave everyone goosebumps! Their selection is enormous. Lisa is the most patient and wonderful consultant and we truly had so much fun! Look no more I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Nicole D

First visit to PS: I made appointments at a few places about 2 weeks in advance. Got to Patricia South and they said my name wasn't in their appointment schedule for the day. Once I showed them my email confirmation, they apologized and told me that they would figure out a way... Read More for me to be seen. They sat my mother and I in a back room, with no lights on (there were windows but it was rainy and dark out so it was pretty creepy) filled with old gowns. Another group was sat there after us and they were offered tea, water, etc. and seen within 10 minutes. We were not even looked at for over 45 minutes so we got up and left. I understand that sometimes appointments get lost; however, this visit was ridiculously unprofessional and a huge disappointment. Second visit: I know, why would I go back? Well, my mom had gotten her wedding dress there so it was really special/important for us to try to find a dress for me there. We decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and that my first visit was just a fluke. I would only have rated them 1 star had we not gone back. While I ultimately did not get a dress from PS, the woman that I met with was extremely helpful and kind. We went into a room upstairs and she was in and out with all different kinds of dresses based on what I told her I wanted. She was patient and nice and improved my opinion of PS greatly.

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Stephanie V

I initially wrote a fabulous review on yelp. That was until I went back for my fittings and dress pick up. The salon is beautiful from the outside and offers amazing gowns but that is all!!!! Once you receive your dress, you are taken upstairs to the sizing rooms, I was so... Read More disappointed. These rooms are so bad you cant take photos of yourself in there because it looks like a run down abandoned grandmothers quarter. The rooms have cracked and dirty mirrors, the wall paper is coming off the walls, the base boards and floors are extremely dirty and the floor boards creak so loudly,you'd question the structural integrity of the building. My fittings were disasters, My seamstress would pin my dress in the most awkward locations, not conducive with where the alterations would had to have been made and I was constantly being stabbed by inappropriately placed needles. I almost got blood on my dress several times. I received my dress 2 sizes too big and the seamstress charged me the cost of the dress in alterations because she could not figure out how to make my dress fit properly. The seamstress was the sweetest woman ever but not very savvy with simple alterations or obstacles most seamstress's are supposed to be familiar with. If it wasnt for my independent research on how to alter my dress, it would have been a complete disaster. Everyone in the store is rude and April who is no longer there was the only good thing about this place, aside from the gowns. My advice would be to by your gown here and have it altered elsewhere!!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Julie D

This place is amazing it is like the Disney World of Brides just about anything for my wedding . My Bridal Stylest was Debra gave me exactly what I wanted ! Yes , said Yes To the Dress !!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Christina F

Absolutely wonderful experience. Lisa was a very helpful consultant. She was quick and efficient. I said yes to my dress after trying on 5 dresses. She listened to what I wanted and found the perfect one for me. I highly recommend it!!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Kristin U

Amazing selection, talented seamstresses, and a staff that goes above and beyond. I found my dream dress, shoes, accessories, and custom veil all at Patricia South. I took everything home after the very talented seamstress Maria fitted me for my final fitting. On the day of my... Read More wedding, my zipper broke. Patricia South came to the rescue. They drove up to Boca Raton to sew me in so I could walk down the aisle, then after the wedding they replaced my zipper. They went above and beyond to fix something that was a dress manufacturer malfunction. They saved my dream dress and fixed what could have been a nightmare into an amazing demonstration of going above and beyond for their brides!!! I am forever grateful for their kindness, outstanding customer service, and overall concern to make my dream dress a reality!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Emerly G

I came here to try on some dresses I saw on the Particia South's website. I had a list of dresses I wanted to try on. I knew they were within my price range because I researched the price beforehand. However, the sales consultant failed to show me the dresses I wanted to try on... Read More because she said they were out of my price range. Instead, she brought me some dress SHE thought I will like. I got my dress from another bridal salon.

Great

Reviewed on 1/26/2015

Kate, thank you for all of your help in selecting my perfect dress. I appreciate the patience, I know I'm not easy. You did a great job . I will recommend your shop to all of my friends. Once again, thanks H

Love this shop!

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 Anthony M

I fell in love with this store when I was 17 shopping for a prom dress, so of course I went back to by my wedding dress there. Anik was the one who helped me find the dress. It was the 3rd or 4th dress I tried on. The alterations went well, too. I will probably use them for... Read More dress preservation as well.

Loved my dress, but not great service

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Rebecca B

I would like to start by saying that I absolutely loved my dress made by Patricia South herself. The design was beautiful, and she was amazing when she jumped into the process a few days before my wedding. Unfortunately, other than that the service was not great to say the... Read More least. Debbie is very helpful and positive about the dresses she puts on your body, but once the decision was made things started to go downhill. I would suggest not using a check here, they are likely to forget to cash it. After that happened the service got even worse. We were blamed for the mistake made by them, and the rude comments to my mom and sister started. The list goes on with things that didn't go right after I purchased my dress with them. I was told there was no veil there for $200 and that my best option was to get it online. When it got lost in the mail, I had to go to a different store a few days before the wedding to get one. This is when Patricia stepped in and she was a sweet as could be thankfully. Even the alterations didn't go very smooth. The dress was slightly too long and had to be held up while I walked, and the neckline popped out instead of sitting flat. I only mentioned this because it did end up affecting my photos. Overall, as much as I loved my dress, it a was a very stressful experience and didn't really need to be.

Nice dresses. Okay Service.

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Jessica C

I searched numerous places for my bridal gown and bridesmaids dresses. When I came across Patricia south, they carried the exact bridesmaids dresses I had envisioned. I didn't even have my girls try on the dresses before hand. I also came across my bridal gown there, which... Read More needed some improvements to make it my own but I probably would have had to do that anywhere. I got all of my fittings done right there and the alterations came out very nicely. The alterations were costly! They were almost equivalent to the price of my gown itself! The lady who did my alterations was very nice, the rest of the staff didn’t seem very enthused and were very forgetful/clueless. They were more accommodating before I bought the dress then after I had paid.. sounds typical. During one fitting I was charged the wrong amount for my alterations and then was called saying I actually owe double the cost I had already paid. I sent my husband and his groomsmen there for their tux rentals. We were supposed to receive a discount that I wanted to use on my alterations but it was not accepted. At this point we were so busy with wedding planning I didn't feel like arguing. Someone told me something, and someone else told my husband another thing.... I guess before asking their boss? I'm not sure, but there was some miss communication happening. Our best man was measured when he was in town a few months before the wedding. We picked up his tux for him and brought it to the venue. He ended up having to drive an hour from our wedding venue to patricia south the day of the wedding because his pants were the wrong size. Once he got a new pair of pants and came back to the hotel he realized they forgot to put his vest in the bag and had to make another hour long trip back to patricia south. I guess some things are bound to go wrong when dealing with a full bridal party.

Patricia's Princess

Reviewed on 8/25/2014

After four previous appointments with other reputable Bridal Stores and having tried on over 30+ dresses, I finally went to Patricia South's and found my perfect dress. I travelled all the way from Trinidad to Florida to find my perfect wedding dress. Deborah from Patricia... Read More South's found the perfect dress for me.. a beautiful Casablanca. Deborah took into account everything I wanted, she treated me like a princess and ensured that all my alterations were completed on time as I only had one week to find my dress. Patricia herself even met with me. The quality of dresses is exceptional and the service is excellent. The store itself is like a fancy tea party that will make any girl feel like royalty. The dresses are all unique and even their "ugliest" dress would have been a "wow" dress at any other bridal store. The dresses are affordable and there is no pressure from any of the staff to purchase a dress. I totally recommend Patricia South's.

Beautiful Dress Selections!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Anessa G

I absolutely loved my dress from Patricia South Bridal! They had the biggest collection of Maggie Sottero gowns that I had seen anywhere and it was exactly the style I was looking for. Deborah was a great consultant and Janet did great alterations in a very timely manner. My... Read More only complaint was that I wish I would have hemmed my dress a little bit shorter. I was stepping in it a lot throughout the night, but Janet recommended a great idea for my bustle which turned out beautiful!

Store Policy: $25 to TRY ON Bridesmaid Dress

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Erica F

I will start by saying I never write reviews, but I had to tell others about Patricia's "store policy" that you are required to pay $25 to TRY ON a bridesmaids dress. That's right, $25 to try it on. Not a deposit to order the dress, or even a fee to be measured for a bridesmaids... Read More dress. Not only is this policy absolutely absurd, but the salesperson failed to mention this to my Maid of Honor when she called prior to driving to the store. And to make matters even worse, my Maid of Honor was also told to "hurry and get here in an hour" in order to try the dress on, but made no mention of the fee until she was in the store with a bridesmaids dress in hand. For a store that advertises as the "Friendliest Shop," they need to seriously reassess that description...

Awesome dress, not so awesome service

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Michelle F

My fist appointment was fantastic. Kate did a great job helping me to find my dress. However, on my second appointment, I felt very rushed and did not receive the same treatment as before. After I paid for my dress, customer service and client satisfaction declined.

The dress was gorgeous!

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Hannah W

First of all, do not try to go here without an appointment! I stumbled upon this place after going to may other places and being disappointed. I did not have an appointment, and they were not very accommodating. It was no problem, as I made an appointment for the following... Read More weekend. All of the bridal shops I had gone to before Patricia's South were disappointing. I didn't find one dress that I was happy with. Upon my arrival at Patricia's South, I was sat down in their tea room and consulted as to what I was looking for. I thought it was a very nice touch, as the other places I had been to just asked me briefly when I arrived. The consultant had 5 dresses picked out for me immediately after the consultation, all of which I LOVED! I ended up picking the first one I saw, and never looked back. I couldn't believe what a large selection they had! My dress was ordered and delivered from Spain within 3 months of ordering. I went in for my first fitting 3 months prior to the wedding, and the dress fit almost perfectly without any alterations at all. I went in for a second fitting one month before my wedding and it needed some changes due to weight loss. Thereafter, my fittings were worrisome because I had some "back fat" hanging out of my strapless dress. I am not a big girl, so this was devastating to see. I voices my concerns to the seamstress who promised me she would have it fixed and ready by the wedding date. She decided to move the back down slightly, and it fit perfectly! I was so worried for nothing. Thank goodness I went to a professional bridal shop who kept me on track with all of my fittings. I would highly recommend Patricia's South.

love my dress

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Lys-Berly E

My experience at Patricia South was ok. The most important thing is that I found "The dress" there. The employees were nice enough and helpful.

A Mixed Bag

Reviewed on 2/01/2014 Leah M

Lisette was amazing, and did an amazing job of helping me find the dress. Once we went in for alterations, however, there were many mistakes made, and I was not pleased with the service I received. That said, the final product turned out beautifully, I just would have preferred... Read More not to deal with the aggravation.

wedding dress

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Suzanne H

I was very happy with the service that I received from Patricia South's. My bridal assistant was very nice and patient!!! My seamstress did a wonderful job with my dress.