Patrick C. Haley Mansion

Joliet, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Exquisite Cuisine in a Historic Setting

Built in 1891, The Haley Mansion is available for special events. The conservatory and ballroom accommodates 360 for dinner. The outdoor ceremony site is complemented by arbor and pergola structures nestled among two ponds, massive pines trees, and thousands of beautiful flowers. Whatever the occasion, choose The Haley Mansion for a truly memorable event.

Ballroom, Castle, Historic Venue

17 South Center Street, Joliet, IL (815) 726-6800

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Sheila H

Unbelievable, Elegant, Outstanding are the first 3 words for Patrick C Haley, From the food, the staff, appetizers, mansion, grounds, seating, setup, thank u from the bottom of our hearts for making our daughters wedding the perfect ever!!! Way more than we expected and worth... Read More every cent, u people are amazing!! A day none of us and our guests will never forget April 21, 2017 God Bless!!!

2017-04-25T15:11:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you! You make what we do special!!

The most amazing venue.

Reviewed on 1/20/2014 Amanda Marie W

I truly don't even know where to begin. The Patrick C. Haley Mansion is the best place to have a wedding or any event for that matter. The grounds, mansion, and the ballroom are all stunning. When my fiancé and I first walked into the ballroom we could not stop smiling, it is... Read More breath taking. Our wedding took place on December 21, and so the mansion also had their Christmas decorations up which made it even prettier. Aside from the aesthetics of the mansion, the service we received the day of was something I never imagined. They were always by our sides checking in on us, and helping us with whatever we needed. They were equipped with ear pieces to communicate the starting of our ceremony and making sure the event ran smoothly. The staff was there waiting with a drink for my husband an I once our ceremony was over. The set up and take down was a dream! They took care of everything. When the food was being served, we felt like we were in the nicest restaurant downtown Chicago, but with the suburb prices. It was like an assembly line of plates coming out of the kitchen, so awesome! One of our guests' shoes broke, and the staff was right by her side hot glueing her shoe. If you choose this venue, you will have absolutely nothing to worry about on your special day. My husband and I felt so relaxed and able to actually enjoy our evening with no worries!! We have had countless guests come up to us afterwords and say that was the nicest wedding they had ever been do, but truly mean it!! And that the service was unreal. Do not hesitate to check out the Patrick Haley Mansion as your event venue!!!!

Absolutely wonderful experience

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Andrea R

Let me start off by saying, the staff took care of everything. The staff was easily accessible, and had answered all of my questions. They are very skilled, always happy to help, and patient with you. This experience was worth every penny. I would strongly recommend this... Read More location for anyone. The venue speaks for itself when you see it in person and your guests will understand this as well. This aspect helped me with saving costs for other decorations. We got so many compliments from our guest, who were also impressed with the taste of the food and quick response to drink requests. So very pleased!!! Definitely check them out.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Sara H

The Patrick C. Haley mansion is beautiful. The staff is very attentive to all your needs on your wedding day. The food was excellent. Highly recommended

2017-04-25T15:15:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you. The two of you and your families were such a pleasure to work with! You are such a sweet couple. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Taylor Y

perfect!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Erin M

We celebrated our wedding at the Patrick Haley Mansion this past fall. From the moment we first met the PHM team, we felt as though we were in the best hands around. We were continuously impressed by each member's friendliness, thoughtfulness, and professionalism. They walked us... Read More through the whole process of planning our reception, answered our questions honestly, and answered each email/ call promptly. In the days leading up to our wedding, they helped us put our final touches by being greatly helpful, patient, and accommodating. And, the night of our reception was absolutely perfect. The team members were fantastic, the food was outstanding, and the venue looked and felt magical. Our guests have also shared a great deal of positive feedback about the food, look, and staff of PHM. We were thrilled with our experience at PHM, and would recommend it without a doubt!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Helen S

The mansion was really great to work with and everyone was always very friendly and polite. We found it to be an amazing place that was great value for our money. The food was amazing and the staff was always helpful and polite. On the day of our coordinator (Patrick) was... Read More beyond helpful and accommodating. We had a family member who had some unexpected special needs and he did everything he could to make sure she still had a good time and was comfortable. I am so grateful to him for his help that day. I honestly cannot say enough to praise his service and professionalism. If they lose him as an employee then they will have lost one of their greatest assets. All the wait staff was extremely polite and helpful. We even had someone offer us some hors d'oeuvres while we were taking photos after the wedding. Plus they dealt with some food allergies (peanut and fish) really well allowing us to just enjoy the food and the day. The food came out warm and tasted amazing. We also had the sweets table which was a huge hit. Our guests absolutely loved it, plus everything tasted amazing. There were only a couple things I think they could improve on, first, that they keep a regular contact through email instead of someone different responding to every email, and second, that they don't allow tours right up until the bride is about to walk out. Other than those two things they were amazing to work with.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Melissa J

I can not be happier with my wedding at the Haley Mansion on June 17th 2016. The mansion staff was very organized from start to finish and always replied quickly to any questions I had through email. Kari and Sydney were two all stars that day making sure everything was perfect... Read More and I was happy! My guests raved how great the cocktails, dinner and late night snacks were. The mansion looked amazing that day and in pictures. The ballroom, grounds, and mansion staff looked wonderful and I would choose PHM again and agian.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Denise D

This place is absolutely GORGEOUS inside & out. It’s a hidden gem in Joliet. I would have never found it if I didn’t search The Knot and then click on it because it said Mansion. There is so much to say about this place. The food is amazing; every single bite of food there is... Read More great. The venue is big and beautiful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Kari was our go to person and she made everything run so smoothly the day of and leading up to the big day, she answered every e-mail I sent in a timely fashion. This place is very expensive though! But, if you want to have the most magical night of your life, great picture opportunities, & if you want your guests ranting and raving about your wedding reception days after…you must have your event at The Patrick Haley Mansion!

Dream Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Jessica R

The Patrick C. Haley Mansion was our second and final stop when looking for a wedding venue. We were so afraid we were not going to find that perfect venue that had everything we wanted for our wedding. When we walked into the mansion, we knew it was the perfect place for our... Read More big day. From the staff, to the decor to the grounds of the mansion, this place is amazing! Jan was incredibly helpful and made wedding planning EASY! The mansion paid attention to all the details we wanted for the day of and surpassed our expectations. We are still getting compliments on our reception from food to the service to the venue. All around A+++ for a wedding venue! We cannot wait to visit the mansion for our one year anniversary... its become such a special place to us :)

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Jessie W

This is one of the most stunning wedding venues I’ve ever seen. Having been there about 10 times now, I’m still in awe every time I’m there. The grounds are just immaculate – so lush and made a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony and pictures. The vintage details inside made for... Read More such a romantic atmosphere. And the staff is incredible – we worked closest with Jan and Stephanie and they were always so welcoming, patient, and accommodating to us during the entire process. Emails were responded to within 24 hours and all information was told to us upfront. They literally take care of everything - set up, packing up, etc. They had special servers for the bridal party and someone was always there if we needed anything. The food is delicious and the portions are huge. They have a large variety of hor d’oeuvres as well. They put so much detail into everything – white glove butlers, edible orchids to adorn salads, beautiful water dispensers for outdoor ceremonies, ivory damask embossed table linens, gold plated dishes, etc. The night of the wedding, the Best Man worked with the bar staff and they went and found 100 small beer tasting glasses and poured Blue Moon beer so everyone could go on the front lawn and do a toast to the blue moon that night! They made our day so incredibly special for us. This place is expensive, but we thought it was worth every dollar we spent there. My only negative was that they have a 250 ADULT guest minimum for Saturday nights in the summer. We had to have our wedding on a Friday because we only invited 210 guests, including children, (which I think is a large wedding) and didn’t want to pay for an extra 40+ plates. I thought 250 was a high threshold, but no one seemed to have trouble getting down to Joliet for a Friday night wedding so it was fine for us. I wwould have preferred a Saturday though. All in all, the Patrick Haley Mansion hosted a dream wedding for us and we’re being showered with compliments on the venue and food. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Brianna L

AMAZING!!! We had such an awesome experience at the Haley Mansion. The staff was beyond accommodating with everything. We worked directly with Tracy for all of the planning and she was fantastic. She was patient and answered all of my questions. The mansion looked beautiful on... Read More the day of the wedding. We couldn't be happier with our choice!

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Justine O

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for my beautiful wedding on 4/17/15! Your staff is incredibly friendly, attentive and PROFESSIONAL! I have never had such an wonderful experience .. From the first day I met Tracy she was organized and knowledgeable about everything wedding. Her... Read More coordinating skills are impeccable. I never felt stressed, unprepared or worried. She did such an amazing job helping me create the wedding of my dreams. Her suggestions were always welcome and her advice was always sound. The mansion..incredible! All my guests drove over an hour for my wedding and I was told over and over the location was well worth the trip. Our coordinator for the day was so sweet and she kept my nerves at bay. We were provided our own server for the night.. that was a cherry on the cake. I was asked quite a few times how I found such an incredible venue.... The food was HOT and tasted just like it did the day we chose it! So many compliments on the food! People loved the mobility of the venue and the freedom to enjoy it as they pleased. I went with the sweet table...man o man I never saw deserts go so FAST! My guests also loved the late night snack.. official white castle! Thank you so much ladies for making my dreams come true and giving my guests a night they wont forget. KUDOS to an honest venue that isnt out to get your last dime and genuinely care about their customers :)

Simply BEAUTIFUL

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Karina

WOW, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, EXQUISITE! These are the words that describe the Patrick Haley Mansion. I fell in love with the venue the minute I walked in. The staff is friendly, the venue is just breathtaking, and the food is great! Everything about the venue is perfect!!! If I... Read More could have every party here I so would! Thanks to all the staff for making my wedding day that much more special.

2015 management is all about $$$$

Reviewed on 1/09/2015 Mary A

If I could turn back time...I would have read the current reviews of this venue and NOT Booked this location. Now that I am about to walk away and go to another venue because of another late night, with limited sleep because there management has again disappointed me - enough... Read More already. The resent customer comments and the professional rating guide for this venue from mid 2014 to current are exactly what I am experiancing, nothing favorable and a huge amount of anger! There manager even commented to me about "people (couples) are backing out of their event" and I can see why. This will probably be my experiance too! I have a meeting to try and resolve my concerns but honestly I do not see anything worth my time and additional money. All I have encountered is a group of individuals that want your (in this case my) money. I am getting nothing for my multiple deposits - except a "date" with a team that is all about themselves. I am trying to find the good but even my friends and family say, "It sounds like a rip off!".... I thought this was a beautiful place but there are MANY OTHERS to choose from that probably will treat you better! Yuck

Unfriendly and unwilling to work with you

Reviewed on 1/07/2015

I tried to set up an appointment to see the venue. The pictures all looked beautiful online and the reviews were wonderful. I spoke to one of their staff over the phone and she was very rude to me from the very beginning of the conversation. I told her what date I wanted and she... Read More immediately said it wasn't available without even checking her calendar. She then stated that it was available when I actually had her look up the date. She then proceed to tell me I wasn't allowed to bring anything into the venue. When I asked her to clarify what she meant she stated that they did not allow things to be brought into their venue like a decorated area for the bride and groom to sit such a small stage or riser. I also told her I was Muslim and that I did have some cultural and religious requirement for our reception. Mainly that we could only have females entering the ballroom area when the event was occurring. I have spoken to several other vendors and banquet halls and none of them seemed to find this a problem. Some stated we would have to pay extra which I understand but they were willing to work with us on this point. She later called me back and stated that they are unable to accommodate this request so I cancelled my appointment. All in all I found the management unwilling to compromise and overall rude and unfriendly. I don't know if some racism was going on as I did state that I was Muslim however even before I told them that the staff member I spoke to did not seem very willing to help. Overall I do not recommend trying this site if you have specific cultural or religious requirements or if you are very picky and want things a very certain way. The staff are unwilling to work with you and quick to say no before even seeing if something is or is not possible. This is such a shame as the event space looks so beautiful.

Beautiful mansion, but...

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Rhiannon S

Quite overpriced. The food was just okay. Even after paying thousands of dollars, it sometimes felt like everything was about their bottom line. While I appreciate their willingness to be flexible, the customer service prior to the wedding could have been more professional. Our... Read More tasting was rushed due to inexperienced servers, leaving us feeling nervous about how the wedding would go. Despite the bumpy road before our wedding day was gorgeous and everything went as planned.

So Happy we picked this Venue!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Nicole m

We had a wedding planner help with our search and are very happy that we found this gem! My husband and I love the history of the venue and it is absolutely gorgeous in there. The process at the mansion in preparing for your day is smooth. The staff is very organized all the way... Read More until your wedding day helping with details and such. They also have a planner there during the wedding helping with organizing. The food at the mansion was wonderful! That was something we felt was very important in our initial choice of the mansion. All of our guests were happy with the food and we received many compliments. We had one minor issue, the staff was missing two chairs at the head table and it was not noticed until we went to sit down after introductions. My MOH took care of it without me noticing but it was upsetting because we had a meeting previously with a chart of how many people where going to be at our head table so it was an avoidable mistake. Other than that the girls are wonderful and I would highly recommend this venue!!!

Our Venue

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Chrissy E

This is one of the most unique and beautiful places I have ever seen. Not only is the scenery stunning, but the service is as equally great! We worked with so many great people at the mansion. They listened to everything this demanding bride wanted. We could have not been... Read More happier! Our guests not only raved about the places but the food was fantastic too! Everything was served hot, and it did not taste like the typical banquet food. We also had our ceremony outside and it was so beautiful. The staff really tried their hardest, especially when my husband and my grandparents were 45 minutes late due to our shuttle service, they kept me calmed and cool until the ceremony. I highly recommend this venue to anyone! They really work with you and they do not disappoint!!!

Incredible Venue

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Jessica S

I've lost count on the number of compliments we received on this venue. The service is excellent, along with the food. Jan was such a pleasure to work with and very flexible with our needs. It's expensive, but if you have the money this is the place to spend it at!

Pricey, but worth it!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Alli K

Absolutely perfect wedding! I could not have asked for better quality of a venue, service, professionalism and competence on my wedding day. It was everything I had been envisioning. The only problems we ran into was that, during the planning process, there were multiple staff... Read More personnel handling our account so it would get complicated. Also, the gratuity gets taxed which we felt was fairly absurd and did not figure in when doing the wedding budget. We also did not like the minimum that was placed for summer Saturday evening weddings, nor the fact that you can only have one dinner item unless you wanted to pay a lot more for a second entree. However, the actual wedding day was flawless. We had a lot of small details that could have been overlooked, but they did a marvelous job of knowing all of them. All of my guests said that this was the prettiest wedding they have ever attended. I felt like it was heavenly and Patrick C. Haley made the whole day priceless and worry free. I would not even suggest needing a wedding planner. They will coordinate everything for you. Every venue in Chicagoland is expensive, so I would say that this is the best value considering everything. We looked at nearly 15 venues. Excellent job!

Must Pick Venue

Reviewed on 4/01/2013 Sarah B

This mansion was just gorgeous. All our guests couldn't get over how cool the place was. The staff was also beyond amazing and went out of their way to make sure we were happy.

Wonderful with a few complaints

Reviewed on 12/29/2012 Valerie M

My husband and I had our reception of about 200 people at the mansion, and an amazing number of people have told us that we had the most beautiful and well-organized wedding that they have ever been to, so due praise goes to the Haley Mansion. You truly cannot beat the Haley... Read More Mansion for a stunning venue. However, my husband and I had some serious qualms about communications with the mansion staff. For example, items that we had discussed with their staff seemed to change at later dates. As one example, we were not told that we needed a certain number of guests during the peak wedding season, so we had to change the date of our wedding to a non-peak season day after we had already set a tentative wedding date based on the information the mansion gave us. In general, little details seemed to be difficult to obtain from the mansion. The mansion's policy on handling wedding contracts is that they do not assign one person to coordinate the day. This means that when you communicate a question or issue to the mansion it can easily fall through the cracks because there is not one specific person responsible for answering your questions. All little issues aside during the planning process of our wedding, the Haley Mansion truly provided wonderful service throughout our entire wedding day and we would choose the venue again if we had to everything over again.

THE place to have any event

Reviewed on 12/20/2012 Rachel O

In looking for a wedding reception venue, we wanted something beyond the normal "Four Walls." Our search led us to the Haley Mansion, and needless to say, we searched no futher. Let's begin with their gorgeous setting that sprawls 3 floors. (4 if you ask some, as the... Read More ballroom is kinda its own floor!) Next, add-in their mouth-watering food choices and full bar that allows for nearly any combination you desire. As if more was needed, let's top this off with the BEST service around. (Seriously, we aren't joking. As we are a pretty critical people and take perfection seriously, we were anticipating being let-down. We weren't. No even for a minute.) The Haley Mansion staff went above-and-beyond to make us (Bride & Groom) happy, the bridal party happy, the parents happy, and even extended that to all of our guests. I have ever heard so many people say, this is where I want my wedding to be. In a word: Perfection.

Words Can't Describe

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Audrey R

I am usuanlly not a person at a loss for words, my experience with Patrick Haley has rendered me speechless. From start to finish the Mansion staff was outstanding, welcoming, helpful and on top of everything. I would recommend the Mansion to ANYONE. My Husband and I can not... Read More even keep up with all the calls, texts, emails, etc about how amazing our event was from start to finish. Jan, Sherita, Katie (our server) made this day the most amazing day of my life. I wanted to cry when I walked out of the mansion the last time because I would miss them! Very accomodating, very helpful. 100 million stars for the Patrick Haley Mansion and their staff!! Can I have a job??? :)