Amazing Experiences and Exceptional Entertainment

Your wedding day is the most important event in your life! Your priority is to create an elegant, fun and romantic celebration leaving your guests with memories for a lifetime! Your party's success rides on fun your guests share both on and off the dance floor. It's simple: Here's where you start. Hire the Experience, not the DJ.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Caribbean, Latin

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment

Charleston MyrtleBeach & All SC (843) 902-7285

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Tiffany W

Amazing! ❤ Music was very important to us, and the perfect wedding soundtrack was a must. Paul did an amazing job and had a huge selection of songs. So many people complimented the music and how well it fit our wedding and my husband and I as a couple. Thank you! See ya in 10... Read More years when we renew our vows 😊

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ben P

Tall Paul is amazing, fun, Professional and took the stress off our day. Out of all the entertainers we interviewed, he was detailed, got us exactly what we wanted, his on-line form was the ultimate planning tool. Thank you Tall Paul and Lisa for an evening that the word... Read More PERFECT is not enough.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Rhiannon C

Thank you Paul for being apart of our special day! When your in the wedding biz also, you get to know alot of DJ's. I met Paul a year ago at an event, and his personality stood out to me. I was very excited to chose him for our special day. Paul is GREAT at what he does! He... Read More officiated our wedding too, he was professional, yet fun and light hearted. He made us feel relaxed. It was great to have a 2-in-1 vendor to provide both services. He kept the party going all night, having interaction with the guests and he even have fun games, such as the "Newly Wed" game and the Longevity dance! He played the songs we wanted, and had a wide variety of music to suit our needs. We are truly thankful for the opportunity to work with him. Paul and his wife Lisa (who helps with sound) are both so warm, down to earth, and welcoming, they felt like family! His services were everything we wanted and more for our special day. I highly recommend Paul Matthews Entertainment!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Melissa O

We had a blast! We asked if Paul could do a Princess Bride reference during the ceremony, and he memorized and acted out the whole "mawidge" scene from the movie. I was crying-laughing! Paul played our goofy song requests, hosted a great Newly Wed Game and made everyone laugh. I... Read More would 100% recommend Paul Matthews Entertainment and would hire them again. :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Breonna E

Paul Mathews entertainment did an amazing job on our special day. The ceremony music and reception music was great. We really loved the newlywed game. It was an awesome ice-breaker. Definitely will recommend.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Kaylan K

I would highly recommend Paul Matthews for DJ services in the Myrtle Beach area. There were a lot of moving parts to my beach wedding and last minute decisions about ceremony and where the dance floor would be set up and Paul adjusted seamlessly. He really made our wedding a... Read More party and followed exactly the plan we had for our big day.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

I would highly recommend Paul and Lisa Matthews as your DJ. They were super awesome to work with and very accommodating! Any questions or changes we wanted they were able to work with us. Paul was also our officiant that married us, which worked out great!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016

Wow! Both Paul and his wife Lisa did a fabulous job. Paul served as the officiant and DJ for our daughter's wedding. He did a fantastic job of accommodating our wishes and adding in a good Christian base to the ceremony. The reception was probably the best I have ever... Read More attended. Paul added a lot of fun activities throughout that kept the guests entertained and moving. The extra touches of of the Newlywed game and the story of the origin of the weeding cake were two of several fun things he added. The generation dance also added to this very memorable day as we celebrated marriage across the generations. Lisa, Paul's wife, was our "Day Of" Planner, plus she ran the photo booth. Not only did Lisa go above and beyond in the months prior to the wedding day helping us plan this destination wedding, she was also indispensable the day of the wedding. Having Lisa there, allowed me, the mother of the bride, to be with my daughter the entire day. Not only did Paul and Lisa do a phenomenal job, but they made this special day truly a day to remember. Their rates were very reasonable, and they were worth every penny we paid them. We felt very blessed to have made their acquaintance. If we ever host some event in South Carolina again, we for sure would seek them out.!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Chrissy V

Paul was not only our Dj for the reception, but also held our ceremony as well. I'm from out of town and from the moment I got into contact with Paul I knew I was in good hands. He truly is everything you want in a Dj and more. My husband and I didn't only get an awesome... Read More ceremony, and reception out of Dj tall Paul we also gained a friend! Can't say enough good things about him, from his warm welcoming personality, to his beautiful ceremony he held for us which was carried over to his awesome choice of music played throughout the night at our reception!! everything went so smoothly and was truly a wonderful night! Also his son Justin played the steel drums for us at our ceremony on the beach! What a incredible talent he has! Everything was perfection on my wedding day and a huge part of that was thanks to this awesome family!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016

Paul and Lisa completely exceeded our expectations for our wedding day. We chose a package that included officiant, photobooth, and DJ. Choosing them was one is the BEST decisions we made for our big day. Paul had EVERYONES attention during our ceremony, and continued keeping... Read More everyone's attention the entire night. I've have never seen so many people on the dance floor for almost the whole duration of the reception! All of our guests LOVED Paul's style. His wife was by the photobooth the entire night helping all of our guests, and even made us a big scrapbook from all of our guests! Overall Paul Matthews Entertainment deserves way more than a 5 star rating. They helped make our wedding day exactly how we pictured it.... PERFECT!

Great party! Thank you Paul!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015

Definitely recommend Paul Matthews Entertainment! Paul was our DJ and he was great! Everybody had a great time at the wedding.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Stephanie G

Took care of everything so I would not worry. Provided music for ceremony and reception. Also provided a photo booth that was a huge hit with the wedding guest.

Paul and Lisa are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Cari C

Paul and Lisa are AMAZING! From reaching out multiple times prior to my wedding date just to see if I needed anything (advice on other vendors, recommendations/suggestions, etc) to getting the shyest of my family members on the dance floor and every little detail in between!... Read More Loved working with both Paul and Lisa!!

Our Wedding September 2015

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Alyssa S

We used Paul as our officiant AND our DJ and he did a fantastic job! It is SO convenient to have one person do both jobs! He has a website where you can pick your own music for the reception which is nice. They (he and his wife Lisa) were punctual, friendly and dependable!... Read More Everyone had a great time dancing the night away. Two thumbs up! Thanks Paul & Lisa!

Great Officiant / Good DJ

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

We hired Pual Matthews Entertainment as our officiant and our DJ. He was an outstanding Officiant for us! He was a very good DJ for us too! I would recommend him to anyone. His music was very good. Everyone enjoyed his music and as an Officiant he was excellent; as a DJ we... Read More expected a little more personality throughout and there were a couple of things missed or forgotten. He still did a good job but for the money paid, we expected an excellent DJ.

2015-10-07T06:36:35 Response from the vendor

Thank You for your feedback. Your comments help us to focus on areas that may need attention. And I acknowledge that we may not have met your expectations. If we might, I'd invite you to contact me through email, so I can better understand what... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Regina v

Paul came in to our lives after I started getting super overwhelmed with the wedding planning process. I decided to start delegating, and put my now husband in charge of finding our DJ. Paul and Lisa were a blessing, and not even in disguise. Not only were their prices very... Read More reasonable, but Paul is also an officiant making your life so much easier. They are a dynamic duo, and we are so happy they were a part of our wedding. Paul was so happy to meet with us, and answered our emails promptly as well. And believe me we emailed A LOT... But on to the wedding! He was fabulous during our ceremony, and the reception! We had a big ole list of music we wanted, and he was happy to look it over and use what worked. Paul paid attention to the crowd and played music that kept them on the floor the entire night. (The bourbon helped too!) Believe me, you will NEVER regret hiring these two.

Not Impressed!

Reviewed on 7/11/2015 Kaitlyn O

I was really disappointed in the Paul Matthews Entertainment for my DJ services. It was a great value, and when speaking with them over the phone they seemed much better than any of the others I spoke with! I used their online music service to make a playlist and got only 2 of... Read More the many songs I requested MUST be played!! They messed up our first dance which really upset both my husband and I. We had everything planned to the T for how our dance was supposed to go and they didn't listen to my directions. I was also informed after the wedding day that they tried to get more money from my coordinator, saying we didn't fully pay...luckily we had receipts that showed we paid it all! It was just very disappointing after reading good reviews and them even being recommended!

2015-07-16T12:56:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your time in writing your review. We use all reviews to better and improve ourselves. And I acknowledge that your expectations on the day weren't met. I'd like to invite you to continue this conversation offline, and search for a satisfactory resolution.

Paul Matthews Entertainment

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Marissa G

Paul and his wife Lisa were both amazing to work with and really took the time to get to know my husband and I personally. They were very accommodating to all of our requests and were so easy to work with. They honestly were the biggest part of our day and we also used them as... Read More our officiant. They made our wedding perfect and we highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/13/2015

All I can say is that I was very lucky to find Paul and Lisa. They were amazing in every aspect. I contacted them in our early planning from a listing I received from our venue. Lisa could not have been more warm, friendly and caring. We were having a Destination wedding and... Read More this is always hard not knowing anyone but the many calls back and forth from Paul and Lisa eased my mind. For my wedding I was flying my brother in from Oregon to be our officiant. 2 nights before the wedding his airline cancelled their flights for both days and he called to tell me he wouldn't be there in time. I called Paul in a panic knowing he had a license to perform the ceremony and he was so understanding and would be more than happy to do it for us. He kinda joked with me causing my tear to become a smile. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception could not have been any better. We have been told from our friends and family that this was the wedding of the year. Thanks to Paul and Lisa they pulled everything together for us. I love these two and highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed.

2015-06-13T22:58:42 Response from the vendor

We really do love what we do! It results in great family celebrations. And it results in great reviews like this! Thank you for the opportunity to party with your family!

Fan-freakin-tastic!!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2015

Campbell was our DJ, provided by Paul and Lisa Matthews, and he was fabulous!!! The whole experience with Paul and Lisa was fabulous! Lisa contacted me RIGHT after I filled out the "Contact Us" selection online. She insisted on talking to me directly on the phone instead of... Read More email because she wanted to get a feel for what my husband and I wanted on the BIG DAY! She was right. Talking to her, rather than email, was the way to go. She and Paul were so helpful during the entire planning process. The online tools that were provided were sensational and so helpful! The online tools gave us a guideline and we could use them for planning on our own time. Everything about the company was unbelievable! Campbell (our assigned DJ) showed up a day before to go through the flow of the event. I can't thank him enough for how awesome he was! I highly recommend Paul Matthews Entertainment for whatever you need them for! They are terrifiic!

Officiant/DJ: One word SPECTACULAR!!!!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015

When my now husband and I sat down with Paul for the first time we expected it to be a short meeting discussing price and then we would make our decision. We showed up at the local Starbucks and two hours later we had covered ALL the basics with him to make sure we were a good... Read More match. Paul emphasizes picking a DJ that is a good match for you as a couple and that just made us love him more. We hired him as our officiant and dj which worked perfectly because he was able to run the schedule so smoothly. They have an online portal that you can put all your information into so they can get an idea of what you would like. About a week before the wedding, when I was in total panic mode, I had a phone conversation with Paul about all my wants and needs for the ceremony and reception. We went through the script and music and he was so accommodating. He will do the ceremony any way you like and he makes you feel so comfortable. The day of the wedding came and he was perfectly on time and even let my cousin do a run through of the song she would be singing. The ceremony was fun and he had no problem laughing along with us. The reception was a party! He got everyone going with the music and kept all the activities moving smoothly. We did a garter activity that he suggested as well as the newlywed game with Ken and Barbie dolls. I could not have asked for a more perfect day and I would have never chosen anyone else to be with us through it. I have absolutely no complaints about this DJ/Officiant.

Perfect DJ and Officient

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Rachel D

Paul and his wife Lisa are an amazing duo. Planning an out of state wedding, I only communicated with them via phone and email, and met them in person the day before the wedding! Paul helped us create a beautiful wedding ceremony, provided the perfect mix of music and... Read More kept the night on schedule. He provides several options for dances and games to get everyone out on the floor. I can't say enough positive things about Paul and Lisa. They were great, and I would hire them again for another event, or recommend them to anyone!

Addy and Nick 28th Feb

Reviewed on 4/08/2015

Paul and Lisa are the tops. From the first phone call I knew there goal was to make this wedding our dream. Could not have dreamed of a more perfect day. Thank-you, the family is still talking about how great everything turned out. Paul does it all officiating then DJ how... Read More awesome!! Highly Recommend.

Paul Matthews Review

Reviewed on 4/08/2015

Paul and Lisa were very professional and easy to work with. They provide me with plenty of planning tools which made the whole process seamless. I could not have asked for a better DJ

Paul Matthews Entertainment

Reviewed on 3/01/2015 Rachael F

Paul was the perfect DJ for my wedding. I don't have what you would call an "average" taste in music, and he understood exactly what I needed for my reception. The music we chose was very open; our only criteria was if it came out after 1995 we didn't want it played. Paul's... Read More choices for us were perfect. The dance floor was never empty and everyone had a blast, from my 18 year old cousin to my grandparents!

Paul Matthews "DJ TallPaul"

Producing great parties is something I really enjoy. Honestly, I'm beyond the point that my ego is even in play. For the Bride and Groom, we treat you like RockStars at your own party. Your selections for music, your desires for entertainment, your wishes for the look of YOUR party--ALL are woven skillfully by the MC, and every guest leaves feeling they want more!, and they'll all feel they were a part a GREAT celebration!

Start a Conversation!