All upstate New York & New England

My wonderful staff and I photograph weddings throughout upstate New York and New England and would love the opportunity to work for you. Along with smashing packages, we have brilliant 6-hour coverage starting at $1,650 where couples receive all their edited pictures on a flash drive to print and share with no restrictions. Plus, online viewing is always available. We're flexible and VERY easy to work with AND we love creative ideas couples share with us. Along with all the must-get formal shots, we document your wedding with lots of natural, real-looking, elegant candids that capture the fun and excitement of your day. And, with all formal pictures, we keep things moving so everyone gets to relax and enjoy your reception. We work for you and don't want you to miss your wedding party.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

Albany & Syracuse , NY All upstate New York & New England (518) 642-2020

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Amanda C

Paul was nothing but absolutely brilliant on our wedding day! He is polite, detail oriented, tons of fun, unbelievably hardworking, & captured every second of our day! He even held his camera in one hand while fixing my gigantic gown with the other!!! What more could a lady ask... Read More for? He captured our moments as they happened & more. He even specifically captured the details of our wedding venue decor, the dress, our bridesmaids & groomsmen getting ready, wedding day gifts, our invitations, wedding bands, family heir looms, flowers, every combination of bridal party & family photographs imaginable, along with SO much more. He also generously captured additional meaningful moments to us at the end of our evening. We will cherish Paul's work for a lifetime. He did not miss a single beat. If you'd like someone to put you at ease, have great fun & capture every moment, Paul is by far THE BEST. The compliments we received from our guests about him after our wedding were uncountable. Also, his packages are unbeatable! The amount of professionalism & detail that was dedicated to our day was priceless. He went above & beyond every expectation we could have ever imagined. In addition, he ensured that every detail was perfect for our day (with us, our venue, our florist & even our entertainment) prior to the wedding. To our surprise, he even sent us the most beautiful teaser photos the day after without asking. We can't put into words how incredibly thankful & lucky we were to have found him. Paul Saunders Photography is the BEST.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017

Paul was our photographer, and he was absolutely amazing! Since we lived about 2 hours away from the venue, we were not able to meet in person before the wedding, which made me nervous- at first! Paul was amazing at responding to my emails and called me to discuss the wedding... Read More details. As soon as I spoke to him, I was put at ease. He knew exactly what we wanted, and was extremely flexible with us. Paul was always prompt and professional, and every single one of my guests raved about him. He was funny and kept the photos flowing smoothly, one after another. We even had time to sneak away to the bridal suite to enjoy a little bit of quiet during our cocktail hour! Paul is extremely efficient and organized. He knows what he is doing, that is for sure! He is great with direction and keeping the bridal party's attention, which is great for groups that tend to wander! He gives amazing direction as to how to move for the photos that he is taking, and doesn't make taking photos feel like a chore. He has won numerous awards, and we can see why! Paul is absolutely amazing at what he does, and a pleasure to work with. You would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not consider booking him for your event. Hands down the BEST. I am so glad we did not end up with someone else. Thank you Paul!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Courtney C

Paul is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. From the second he stepped foot on our wedding ground we could feel his excitement and drive to capture every special moment. My husband honestly would have preferred no photographer at all but ended up saying he... Read More was the best decision we made! Paul always kept in mind my requests as a bride but was quick to come up with other ideas and see them through. Paul has a unique way of being an incredible leader, getting people where they needed to be with a sense of humor that kept things light but at the same time was able to get a ton of photos. He was a delight to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an outstanding photographer.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Kimberly G

We really enjoyed working with Paul and Jim at Paul Saunders Photography and would highly recommend them both! When we met with Paul to discuss our wedding and our needs, Paul answered all of our questions very well and helped us come up with many ideas that we used for our... Read More wedding! The photography options and contract were very straightforward and clear. We decided to go with Paul Saunders Photography during this meeting. Paul was very quick at responding to emails anytime we had questions. Later when we spoke with Jim about our day of plan he also gave us many good ideas that we used on our big day. Jim was very easy to work with and made us both very relaxed during our wedding. We both are very happy that we found this company to work with!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Jaclyn A

Paul is awesome! He made our wedding so special. He was great to work with in the planning process and he did an amazing job at the wedding. My husband and I are so happy that we were able to have Paul as our photographer.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Carla H

Paul did our engagement pictures recently and I was absolutely pleased with his services and quality of work. He is always quick to respond and is very helpful with explaining everything. I am in love with how the photos turned out. He has such a creative eye and knows how to... Read More make each and every picture special. He is very professional and fun to work with. I cannot wait for him to shoot for our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Joe C

Paul was super helpful from the beginning meeting us one evening to show us his work and discuss our ideas for our big day. He made suggestions and helped us through the initial process. He matched our budget perfectly and was exceptional with his communication and commitments.... Read More At the wedding everyone loved him, he had used our venue before so knew where he wanted to take us and which shots to capture. I would reccomend Paul to anyone looking for an upbeat, easy to work with photographer.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Stacey W

Paul did our engagement photos for us and did an amazing job. For two people who don't like their pictures taken, Paul made it very easy and fun. He let us be ourselves and let us do what we wanted. He was also all over the place to get the perfect shot. We can't wait to see... Read More what pictures he will get when it comes to out actual wedding.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Rachel G

We called on Paul Saunders for our wedding on Nov. 3rd, and worked with Michele. She was right on time, and incredibly professional to work with. I would recommend them to anyone who asks!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Laura S

Paul was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was extremely responsive to e-mails (I'm not sure when he sleeps!) We met with him in person a few months before our wedding. He told us he was booked on our wedding day, but his assistant, Sandra was available. When we met with... Read More Paul, he brought along a photo album of her work. We knew she would do a fantastic job capturing our day! Over the next few months, I was trying to figure out which package we should go with. Paul heard what we wanted and instead of trying to over-sell us, he suggested we take his cheapest package (it definitely covers everything we were looking for and more!) A few days before the wedding, Sandra reached out to me via phone. She had a good idea of what our wedding was going to look like and we were excited to be working with her. The day of the wedding Sandra was SO professional! If it wasn't for the camera she was using, she would have blended into our guests wonderfully! After the wedding, my mother kept saying how 'unobtrusive Sandra was!', and she is so right! Sandra let us enjoy our day but when she saw a great photo opportunity (like some great night pictures) she pulled us aside to capture them. In writing this review we have received our teaser photos. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, is blown away at how beautiful and unique they are! If you are in the market for a photographer, you will not be disappointed with Paul Saunders and his crew, trust me! While the day only lasted a few hours, the pictures will last a lifetime and we couldn't be happier with our choice of photographer to capture those special moments. Thank you Paul and Sandra!!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Jayme C

Paul is absolutely amazing! He’s was so easy and so much fun to work with. He’s extremely creative when it comes to backdrops and can make any scene work. We booked him for our wedding in October and we can’t wait to work with him again! We would recommend him to any of our... Read More friends/family in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Becky M

We used Paul for our engagement photos and our wedding photos. It was pretty windy the day we took our engagement photos, and my hair didn't come out the way I wanted it to, but Paul reassured us that we'd get great photos. And we did! We filled a whole photo album of just... Read More engagement photos. During the process, Paul was very helpful and detailed in his emails. I don't think he sleeps. I believe he has some of the best pricing in the area and he is super flexible with the photo packages. On our wedding day, Paul came and went right to work. He made sure we had our wedding party and our parents together immediately after the ceremony for pictures, and we even got to enjoy part of the cocktail hour. I know he took a TON of pictures. And our teasers look great! Can't wait to see the rest! Thanks, Paul!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Savannah Y

I am beyond happy with my choice of wedding photographers! Heather and Paul are a great team and produce amazing results. From the beginning, Paul always kept us very well informed. He sends detailed messages that explain everything very well, and he always responds quickly with... Read More a very positive and friendly attitude. It was so easy to talk to Paul, and also fun! Heather took the pictures at the wedding, and she was great. She was friendly, flexible, creative, funny, and professional. She made posing for pictures fun, and you can see the joy in everyone's faces. The photos turned out to be beautiful, and Paul's editing makes them perfect! I really could not be happier!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Marissa B

Paul Saunders has exceeded our expectations. He went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was captured. He made taking pictures in the cold weather more enjoyable by using humor to ease our stress! My husband was appreciative that he helped the groomsmen get their... Read More boutonnieres on; he also made sure my dress looked its best in pictures. I cannot wait to see how our pictures turned out! Definitely book Paul Saunders in you are having your wedding in the Upstate New York/ New England area.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Brittanie H

Paul made our special day so much fun! He made us enjoy having the camera around us. I cannot wait to see the pictures! I definitely recommend him.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Lori C

Paul Saunders associate Veronica was truly amazing to work with. She was very attentive, she was very professional, connected on a personal level, she made the pictures feel and look natural without seeming to posed. She used the natural lighting of the setting sun to create... Read More very artistic imagery. She even went above and beyond to lace my dress. We look forward to using her again when we start a family in the near future. Thank you so much Paul Saunders & Veronica!!! Lori & Andrew Cooper

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Andrea R

Brilliant. Professional. Affordable. These were three of the top things that we were looking for in a photographer and Paul and Michelle hit all three. Before the wedding Paul was always prompt and professional with answering all of our questions and never made us feel like we... Read More were bothering him. The prices were clearly laid out in advance so there were no surprises or hidden fees before the wedding that we needed to worry about. The day of Michelle was on time, courteous, and talented! The poses and framing for the pictures were perfect. She got all of the shots that we requested and then some! She was courteous to all of our guests and we received so many compliments on her professionalism after the wedding. We really could go on about how amazing they were but I think their pictures and many other 5 Star reviews should speak for themselves. Choose Paul Saunders Photography for your special day and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Michael D

Paul is excellent! If you hire him you not have a worry in the world on your wedding day. He knows exactly how to handle your wedding day photos. Great guy too.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Julie P

We had a wedding on 10/13/2017 and had an absolutely amazing time! Prior to the wedding all of our questions were answered and in a timely manner. I would highly recommend working with Paul Saunders Photography!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jon S

We recently booked Paul Saunders Photography for engagement photos and our wedding next year. Paul connected us with Janisel who was very easy to work with and flexible setting the date and time. She was able to capture the perfect moment in each shot. We had a great time during... Read More the shoot and the photos that Paul worked on came out great. They were both quick to respond to our emails and we are looking forward to working with them for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Jennifer R

When we initially met with Paul, we were very impressed by his professionalism and the attention to details we hadn’t even thought of! We were a little worried that Paul wasn’t available for our wedding date as he had another event to attend, but he reassured us that he trusted... Read More Michelle to be there on our wedding day. He even provided us with samples of Michelle’s work, and we are so glad we decided to book. Michelle was professional, thorough, and EXTREMELY patient during all of the craziness. She was extremely attentive to our needs, even when things didn’t go as planned. The communication from beginning to end was perfect, and we have absolutely nothing negative to say about Paul Sanders and his team. Michelle, is extremely talented and we can’t wait to see our pictures! Highly recommend a hundred times over! Thank you so much Paul and Michelle for reassuring us that we made the right choice.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kate S

We recently had our engagement photo session with Paul and we were very happy with the pictures! We received so many great photos and Paul was great to work with. From the first phone call we knew we wanted Paul as our photographer. He is very friendly, enthusiastic, and... Read More professional. He always sends out thorough emails in a timely manner. We are so excited for Paul to do our wedding as well! I would highly recommend him as a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Secil K

Paul was easy and professional to deal with via email. Heather was outstanding during our wedding day. She was professional, fun, and did exactly what we wanted. We definitely recommend her for an easy experience.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Amy M

Paul Saunders Photography has been amazing. From the beginning he was so responsive and truly excited for our event. He met with us and went over every detail of our wedding. His associate Veronica did our pictures on wedding day and she was fantastic. It was a super busy (and... Read More very cold) day and she did a great job of making sure all the important things were covered and that she was getting pictures of everything going on despite the wedding madness around her. Picture we're done as quickly as possible to make sure we had time to enjoy our day and they look absolutely stunning!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Julie K

What a pleasure it was to work with both Paul and Sandra from Paul Saunders Photography! Paul has exceptional communication skills as he responds almost immediately to any and all questions via phone or email. You are definitely in great hands when you hire him! While Paul... Read More was scheduled to shoot another wedding for our day, Sandra, shot our wedding and she was EXCEPTIONAL! What a delight! Working alongside Sandra felt like working with an old friend as she immediately makes you feel relaxed and comfortable in your own skin. Both Paul and Sandra made our wedding day an absolute pleasure. They were hands down one of our favorite vendors! Highly recommend!

Paul Saunders

Brilliant quality. Exceptional service. Outstanding value. I will NEVER pester you with phone calls unless requested. Plus, you will ALWAYS get a very prompt email reply to any inquiry/question(s) without fail. Originally from England with an Australian twist, I absolutely love what I do. Along with my amazing team, we’ve had the pleasure of working for hundreds of couples throughout upstate New York, Vermont and Massachusetts. Our goal is to delight every couple from start to finish. Please feel welcome to reach out as we would love the opportunity to work for you.