Pearl Stable and Pearl Studio at the Historic Pearl

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Celebrate your special day in rustic elegance at the historic Pearl Brewery Stable or Studio at the Historic Pearl in the heart of San Antonio, Texas. Pearl Stable is a gorgeous converted elliptical stable building that previously housed the brewery's draft horses but has been reimagined as a flexible event venue with brick detail and exposed wooden beams. The nearby Pearl Studio is suited for smaller weddings and is decorated in modern-style, high-end decor for any wedding event.

Pearl Stable features a large, open ballroom area on its first floor with two grand staircases that lead to a charming loft over part of the room's perimeter. The ballroom can easily accommodate up to 350 guests and couples can add additional seating along the loft, if desired. Tables are arranged in rounds of 10 around the dance floor and the entire room is outfitted with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment for music and deejaying.

Pearl Studio is located in the brewery's old 'Full of Goods' warehouse and has been fully renovated to a modern meeting area, ideal for small weddings or pre-wedding celebrations. This building has the flair of an upscale lounge and can accommodate 140 guests indoors or up to 200 guests with the inclusion of the outdoor Breezeway. The Breezeway is an ideal place for hosting pre-event cocktails or an outdoor wedding ceremony.

Pearl Stable and Pearl Studio at the Historic Pearl is a modern environment that provides many of the amenities that brides and grooms require for hosting an enjoyable wedding event. With space for ceremonies and receptions and many wedding services available onsite, Pearl Stable and Pearl Studio at the Historic Pearl is an exceptional location for an inclusive event.

Pearl Stable and Pearl Studio at the Historic Pearl partners with local San Antonio caterers who are committed to culinary excellence and quality customer service. Couples must choose from the list of approved caterers for their event at a Pearl venue. Additionally, caterers provide alcohol for each event in accordance with Texas-specific qualifications for serving alcohol at large events and couples may not provide their own for any event at Pearl.

Whether couples are looking for a black-tie affair, attended serving stations or a casual taco bar, they are sure to find an approved caterer to meet their needs. At Pearl Stable, there is a fully functional kitchen ready for use by caterers and plenty of room for food station setup in the renovated horse stalls along the outer part of the ballroom floor.

The flexible nature of both the Pearl Stable and Pearl Studio at the Historic Pearl allows couples to choose how to they wish to customize the layout for their big day. Whether for a ceremony and reception or a reception alone, there are multiple room configurations from which they can choose, including setup for a stage, dance floor, dining tables and dinner buffet. The venue can also be decorated to any wedding theme to make the entire event come together beautifully.

Event coordinators with Pearl Stable and Pearl Studio at the Historic Pearl are committed to making any event memorable for the couples that they serve. Couples work closely with their coordinators to arrange reservations, decorations and catering and can consult for recommendations on local vendors to provide other services, such as floral arrangements and photography.

Audiovisual services are provided through AV Technical Support, the exclusive vendor for events at Pearl Stable and Pearl Studio at the Historic Pearl. All audiovisual requests must be handled by professionals at this company for an additional fee.

Couples are allowed to access the venue for four hours before the event beginning to work on setup and preparations for the bridal party, if hosting the ceremony on the premises. Because of the historic nature of the site, tape, glue and other methods of affixing banners and decorations to the walls of the building are strictly forbidden. Signs and special equipment requests must be submitted in writing and approved minimally two weeks before the event.

Candles are allowed indoors for decorating purposes; however, other fire hazards, including smoking and sparklers are forbidden.

Voucher parking is available on the Pearl Stable and Pearl Studio at the Historic Pearl property for guests attending a wedding at either of the venues.

To celebrate Pearl's 10 year anniversary in 2016, there are two promotional offers running for couples who book during the 2016 event season:

• 10 percent discount on evening events at Pearl Stable
  • 2015 pricing for Saturday weddings

Both of these discounts are subject to date availability and couples must reference this deal from the Pearl website in order to receive the special pricing.

Pearl: Local Flavor Since 1883

Pearl is a community gathering place where you can plan any event in an elegant historic Stable or the modern industrial Studio complete with the iconic Brewhouse in the background. Pearl Stable: The Knot 2009 and 2011 Best Of Weddings winner!

Ballroom, Barn, Historic Venue

307 Pearl Parkway, San Antonio, TX (210) 212-7260

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Olga C

Our wedding day was incredible! I loved The Stables and having my family and friends expierence The Pearl made it even more fabulous. On February 20, 2016, we were married, it was an Unforgettable evening and the venue was the best part! I felt like a true queen every moment... Read More of our night. The Stable organized and made my wedding day stress free. From the organized list of vendors, to Nanette's special touches to help me coordinate, they all made it easy to create my day the way I dreamed of. I recommend this venue to any newly engaged couples, your guest will be talking about it for years.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Katherine T

We had the wedding of our dreams on Saturday, July 9th. The venue is classic and beautiful. Kelly was the most helpful, anything we asked, she provided an answer right away. This venue is expensive and they provide certain vendors you must use, but we were satisfied with all... Read More (you get what you pay for). If you want elegance and high quality in San Antonio, book at the Pearl Stable. Tip: be prepared to go to meetings with the ideas and everything you want. The more specific you are with the detail, the smoother the event will go.

LOVED the Stable!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Tanya J

The Pearl Stable exceeded my expectations for my wedding. The staff was very helpful and extremely inviting. The price is completely worth it and provided security. Everyone we worked with was professional, but made us feel like family. I absolutely LOVED the Stable!!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Ashley M

There is no arguing that the Pearl is a beautiful venue. It was the perfect venue for my wedding. However, there were several headaches that happened during the planning phase that make me hesitant to recommend them to other people. First, my contact seemed a bit flaky. She... Read More couldn't remember if I had made final payments or if I had the correct insurance policy. which isn't a big deal but they are planners for a living. However the worst part is the lighting company they force you to work with. AVTS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. Yes, it was very expensive. Oh and they did't even do their job correctly. I paid for a gobo and I approved the proof...yet it was incorrect on my wedding day. They put the WRONG WEDDING DATE and didn't realize it until my wedding planner pointed it out. In order to fix it, they promised a refund; however, we are still waiting on that to come through. Also, the employees are rude when you call in and try and make a payment or ask questions. Every time I called, it seemed like I was bothering them. It is unfortunate that their horrible reputation rubs off on the Pearl. The Pearl should really consider dropping them as their only lighting rep. So if you are considering the Pearl, know that your event will be beautiful....but also know that it wont be an easy process. If you are going to have your event there, make sure you have a wedding planner who can deal with rude and flaky vendors.

2017-05-19T14:46:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. It was brought to our attention of what happened with the gobo and the lack of attention to detail. This is completely unacceptable and we are addressing this with AVTS. It is my understanding that they will be refunding you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Julia V

Thank you to the pearl staff for making our day memorable and for working to meet our every need. The attention we received from Ninette was exceptional. The venue is beautiful and would suggest it to anyone looking for a beautiful, intimate, and elegante venue.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Linda G

Our wedding was September 10, 2016. We knew this was our venue as soon we walked through those doors. Leading up to our wedding Kelly was so helpful in getting everything lined up before our big day. She worked well with my wedding planner. The staff at the stable was... Read More incredible! We had more guest show up than expected the team was so amazing and found accommodations for everyone to sit. It's a beautiful and historic venue. It's also a great location. My husband and I couldn't be more please to have chosen the Pearl for our wedding day.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Elizabeth M

For starters The Stable is beautiful! My Husband and I got married on November 19, 2016. The best day of my life! Everyone had so much fun I received so many great compliments about the venue and how the location was perfect! One of many things I loved was that we did not have... Read More to spend loads of money on decor because the place itself is just so elegant! The parking was great, lots of space by the way, they even have about 5 slots right behind the stable that solely the wedding party can use. The restrooms were always clean, the people working that evening were very professional. There's just so many great perks. You truly have to schedule a tour just to see it for yourself, I promise you won't regret it! Lastly, a special Thank You to our Event Lead, Ninette Ramirez Moyer! Ninette was very sweet and so helpful, I received lots of great tips from her. Anytime I had a question she answered promptly. Ninette really worked with my schedule to get our walkthroughs done. Such a great person! Overall, The Stable and the people are amazing! I had zero issues and I would definitely recommend choosing The Stable for your next event!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Mathew R

Had our wedding there on the 19th of November and it was amazing!! Everybody there were so helpful, definitely the best in San Antonio!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Frankie G

Words truly do not describe how amazing the staff and venue are at The Stable. From the day we signed our contract, to the day we said "I Do" was absolutely amazing. Our day was perfect thanks to the staff at the stable and the venue more than exceeded our expectations. We will... Read More forever be greatful.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Cesar R

We had our ceremony & reception at the Pearl Studio and it was perfect!The Studio itself was beautiful so we ended up not having to spend anything extra on lighting/decor inside. The breezeway was perfect as well and all we needed was some draping & twinkle lights to make the... Read More place look magical. I highly recommend getting the breezeway in addition to the studio, it provided ample room for our guests to mingle, take photobooth pics, and cool off after dancing. We worked with Ninette and she was great, very responsive and accomodating to our requests. Highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Megan S

We got married at the Pearl Studio on November 20 of this year, and everything was perfect! We had our ceremony in the breezeway and the reception in the studio. It was so great having indoor/outdoor options (especially since the weather was perfect). Ninette and her team were... Read More incredible - super flexible and easy to work with, and helped make my unusual floor plan layout work. So thankful to have such a perfect venue!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Efrem M

We had our wedding reception at The Studio on April 2, 2016! There are no words to tell you how happy we were with the entire process and especially the day of. The staff was very helpful and always available when we had questions. Their preferred vendors were all great to... Read More work with and it made the vendor selection process very easy. If and when we plan a party, The Pearl will be first place we will look for a venue.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Victoria E

The pearl stable is a beautiful venue don't get me wrong but the staff is very strict on vendors !!! They only want you to go through a list of preferred vendors which means they also get a cut from contracted vendors on list . If you want anything hung or special lighting be... Read More prepared to go through their AV vendor who charges an arm and a leg !!!! My lighting cost more then anything else in my whole wedding!!! I felt as if I was being picked on because I voiced my concerns about AV company .

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Erin M

My husband and I had our wedding at the Pearl this on October 3rd, 2015! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend with all of our friends and family. The Stable was gorgeous and hardly needed any decorations. I'm so grateful we didn't pay for the additional lighting as... Read More it wasn't necessary at all as our florist put candles in tall vases all around and it looked amazing.

Stunning Venue

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Jamie K

My husband and I got married at the Pearl Stable on May 1st. Our guest list was a wide variety of family and friends from Texas, across the country and over seas, and everyone absolutely loved the look and feel of The Pearl Stable. The venue itself is stunning and the staff is... Read More wonderful. A special thank you to Kelly, who always responded to emails and phone calls promptly and made me feel at ease throughout the planning process. We would definitely recommend the Stable for any event!

April Wedding at Pearl Stables

Reviewed on 4/14/2015

I had my wedding reception at Pearl Stables early in April. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The old brick style of the building, the dark wood accents, and the rustic lighting provided a great backdrop for my wedding. This venue requires little spiffing up to make it a... Read More venue of anyone's dreams. From the moment you walk in you can imagine having your party there. I love the Pearl Stables because of this. Most venues look sterile and like conference rooms, but Pearl Stables is beautiful from all aspects - everything from when you walk up to the building from the outside, to walking in the entry, to dancing in their amazing hall. If I had it to do again, I would not change a thing about my wedding.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/02/2015 Susan B

My husband and I planned our wedding from another city. When we went to look at venues, pearl was the second one we looked at. Immediately we knew it was perfect for us. Ninette was so thoughtful and helpful in assisting us as we were from out of town. She made us feel... Read More comfortable and wasn't pushy like the other places. She answered all of our questions sincerely. The venue is beautiful!

Beautiful, historic gem

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Leana D

We chose this venue for our reception because it could accommodate our large guest list, and also because our grandparents and great-uncles had worked at the brewery. The venue did not disappoint. We loved having the cocktail hour in the rotunda with mariachis, and the ample... Read More space that the ballroom provided for dinner and dancing. Kelly Moody was extremely helpful and friendly and we can say the same for all of the staff. We couldn't have had a more perfect San Antonio wedding venue. It's expensive, but worth it.

Lovely venue!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Grace V

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Pearl Stable last week and absolutely loved it! The staff was quick to respond to emails/calls and full of great ideas. All of our guests commented on what a unique and historic venue we chose. We highly recommend the Pearl!

Gorgeous Venue!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Maritza V

I was so happy that we decided to celebrate our wedding at the Pearl! I really wanted a vintage elegance theme for our celebration, and we found that at the historic Pearl. All of the staff were extremely helpful, professional, and attentive throughout the entire process. As an... Read More out of town bride, I loved that the Pearl staff were always quick to respond to questions via email and phone, reviewed all of the final details with me thoroughly, and even the day of venue staff went above and beyond on our wedding from start to finish. It was great to have a venue with such history and beauty to celebrate a wedding in San Antonio! Thank you!

Beautiful historic venue!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Minh N

I just had my wedding at the Pearl and received so many compliments on our choice of venue! When we first reached out to the Pearl, there were no openings for more than a year out so we looked into and toured other venues. However, we couldn't stop comparing each one to the... Read More Pearl and we made the decision to take a longer engagement so that we could have our dream wedding at the Pearl! My person of contact was initially James, who left the Pearl, and I began working with Mesha. Mesha is fantastic! She's organized, accommodating, friendly, and timely. The venue itself is spacious. We had plenty of space for our 150 guests. You must use a caterer from their approved list - we went with Heavenly Gourmet, which did a great job at a great price. All alcohol must go through the caterer as well. You must use their privately contracted AV company for any special lighting or slideshows, etc. I personally didn't require those services so I can't comment on the company; I used battery LED candles to light my tables and some string/icicle lights on other tables for emphasis. I was able to obtain and use a GOBO through my DJ. My day- of on-site coordinator was Sharyl and she was a blessing! She worked with my coordinators to make everything prefect and you can tell she loves her job. I'm so happy we were able to have our wedding at this historic site. We look forward to bringing our children by some day to show them where we were married!

Pearl Stable Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 4/07/2014 Alyssa K

We had our wedding reception at the Pearl Brewery in March of 2014. Overall, we loved the venue and the location. The stable is a beautiful historical room where every detail has some type of historic meaning. It kept our guests intrigued as they took in the beauty of the... Read More facility, especially for out of state guests. The Pearl has a lot of very strict rules that you must follow which can be annoying. But with some out of the box thinking you can really make it your own. It is a bit cumbersome to have to get all of your printed materials approved by them but they turned around approval within hours in some cases. The staff we worked with was great until the day of the event. A new lady stepped in to help and she tried to make up new rules and change things on us. We argued with her enough to finally get what had been agreed to in the pre-planning meetings. You must use the vendors that are on their approved list, but we found most of them are very good. We went with Page Barteau for the carter and they were great. They only have one AV vendor and they are incredibly expensive for simple things. Our DJ package came with up-lighting but the AV vendor has sole rights so we didn’t get to have up-lighting because they wanted $800 for a couple lights.

Such an AMAZING venue

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Sarah M

I recently got married and had my reception at the Pearl Stables. I did not even look at other venues, it was perfect. The architecture and inside of the stable is beyond beautiful so we didn't feel the need to decorate that much. We kept the natural lighting, which paired... Read More wonderfully with the navy and gold theme of the wedding and the glittery candlelight on the tables. We worked with James Pope, who was incredibly accommodating, helpful and fun. It can be expensive since you must chose from their caterers and extra fees go to them. Also, while this didn't apply too much to us, you can't put anything on the walls. I don't think you need to but it does limit decorating. I would absolutely recommend doing any event at the Pearl. It was everything we wanted and more!

Beautiful but Expensive

Reviewed on 9/12/2013

The Pearl Stable was absolutely my dream venue for my wedding reception. I love the history and the location of the building. Be prepared to pay extra for everything- lighting, caterer fee, access to video, etc.

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Shelby S

Pearl Stable was the perfect venue for our wedding. Our wedding was an out of town wedding for nearly all of our guests and it was such a fun place for everyone to see! The history behind Pearl is why we picked it and the staff was amazing! James was our point of contact with... Read More Pearl and he was there every step of the way to answer questions, help out in any way, and offer suggestions! Our guests still RAVE about it's beauty, ambiance and character.