Peter Gubernat Photographer + Storyteller

Engagement

Online Proofing

605 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL (630) 442-2205

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Courtnie S

Talented, easy-going personality, relaxed, compassionate, and extremely professional, I absolutely loved working with Peter Gubernat Photography! To this day our family members cannot stop talking about how personable and talented he is. His assistants were absolutely amazing... Read More too on our wedding day! We used Peter for both our engagement photos and wedding ceremony and reception. I came upon Peter Gubernat Photography through a friend’s facebook post of their wedding photos. I was absolutely amazed on how stunning and professional they were. I spotted his talent immediately from those photos and without hesitation reached out to Peter right away. After my first meeting with Peter and being introduced to even more of his work I knew right away that he was the best. His work and personality are incredible. Peter’s personality makes it extremely easy to work with him. Our wedding photos are absolutely spectacular. We didn’t have a videographer and Peter was able to capture every single moment of our special day from the moment of time with the bridesmaids and groomsmen to the wedding ceremony and reception. We could not be happier about our experience with Peter and Peter Gubernat Photography!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Kelly T

If The Knot allowed us to add extra credit stars, Peter would totally receive all of them from us! My now husband stumbled across Peter's work on Instagram as we were looking at some photos of our venue and when he showed them to me I immediately told him that we needed to meet... Read More him. We set up a meeting one evening at a nearby Starbucks and boy the rest is just history! He is SO comfortable to be around even from day 1... which I found to be a huge plus when you're hiring someone to capture one of the most important days of your lives -- I mean seriously, who wants to feel awkward in front of a photographer and risk having cheesey photos to look at forever?! He asked questions and got to know us in our first meeting as you would a friend, not just a client-vendor relationship. We had a little engagement session with him downtown about a month prior to our big day so we could feel more comfortable not only with his direction but also for being in front of the camera (so helpful for this sometimes awkwardly photographed gal!!). We had all those pictures in a couple weeks and all our wedding photos in a month. My husband and I are planning on cracking open a bottle of wine and going through all the pictures tonight but from what we've seen so far, I simply couldn't hold back my review any longer! Peter has a talent that we have never seen before and we're so grateful to have all these amazing photographs capturing our love story -- he has really given us the greatest gift. We can't wait to see what the future holds for Peter and I'm sure you will share in our high regard for him should you decide to cross paths and have him capture your story. Thank you again Peter!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Rachel Y

Peter Gubernat was recommended by a friend who had epic engagement photos. Peter's website is very well done with lots of examples of his work and helpful tips for first timers on a photo shoot. After asking a few questions, we booked a sunrise session. Throughout the process,... Read More Peter was always very responsive, friendly and enthusiastic. The day of, my fiance and I were quickly put at ease through Peter's relaxed approach. He does an excellent job at providing direction for posing but also letting you be you. We became fast friends with Peter after just a few hours of chatting, strolling, and oh yea, taking pictures. Plus, he has your online photo gallery completed in a week! We cannot say enough good things about Peter and his amazing photos!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Megan S

My fiancee and I asked Peter to do our engagement shots and absolutely loved everything about the experience. My initial interactions with him to share our vision for the locations, the lead-up to the shoot, and the actual shoot itself were amazing. We had such a fun morning!... Read More We ended up having a little extra time after we wrapped at the two locations we selected, so Peter and my fiancee and I just went for a walk around the area. Some of the BEST shots were from this little walk. Peter is an artist, a professional and a ton of fun. Book him immediately for engagement and wedding! We're absolutely in love with all of our photos.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Natalie K

My fiancé coordinated with Peter to have our proposal captured (to my surprise!). We worked with Peter's team, Jeremiah and Vic, and they were incredible -- very easy to work with and committed to getting great shots!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kelly B

Peter is awesome! He is very easy to get along with and makes an effort to get to know each one of the couples he works with. During our engagement photo session he made it fun and easy. We love how the photos turned out and cannot wait for him to shoot our wedding next year!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Bekah C

5 reviews 5.0 star rating 11/7/2016 My fiance and I selected Peter to take our engagement photos in downtown Chicago in August 2016. This was our first time having pictures taken professionally, so we were not sure what to expect. Needless to say, our pictures came out SO... Read More amazing!! Peter delivered so many great shots that captured us and our favorite city. I would highly recommend a sunrise shoot because the lighting was simply amazing! Peter was also very easy to work with and always responded very quickly. He was very accommodating when the weather did not cooperate for the day we initially picked. We got our photos back around a week after our session which was great, too. I would highly recommend Peter for your engagement photos!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Laura L

Working with Peter was wonderful and our pictures came out amazing. My fiancé and I hired Peter to take some engagement photos for us. The session was extremely laid back, and we loved chatting with him along the way. There was also a pretty quick turnaround time on getting them... Read More back, which we really appreciated as we were anxious to see how they came out. And they came out amazing! We will treasure them always.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alicia W

Peter was a pleasure to work with! His turn around time was quick and his photos were awesome!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Laurel K

We hired Peter Gubernat as our wedding photographer for our wedding in June 2016. How do I even begin to sing his praises. From the beginning I ( the bride) felt immediately comfortable with Peter and knew based on his work and speaking with him that he would be our wedding... Read More photographer. I was living out of state and at every moment he could we would check in to see how I was doing with planning a wedding out of state and if there was anything, not just photography related that he could help me with. We scheduled our engagement photos on short notice bc my husband and I were going to be in town, and Peter was totally accommodating to our schedule. He helped us choose great locations and the photos turned out great! After this session both my husband and I were even more excited to have him shoot the wedding. On our actually wedding day Peter was incredibly professional. He and his second shooter were on time, battled the rough heat and humidity that day kept us smiling and enjoying our photos. His photos speak for themselves, some of the shots he captured are very unique and timeless. I can not recommend Peter enough, on a scale of 1-10, he is a 15! We love you Peter and your team, thank you for making our day so special, and capturing every moment we experienced and witness and those precious moments that we were not aware of until we got our photos back!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Brooke D

Peter was amazing to work with and made the entire day completely stress free! I wanted a tricky cab shot downtown and he made sure it happened! We lucked out with perfect weather, and the engagement pictures turned out way better than I could have ever imagined!! Definitely... Read More worth it!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Angie C

I believe that one of the most important parts of wedding planning is choosing a great photographer. After all, you’ll have your wedding photos to look back on for the rest of your life. I happened to stumble upon Peter on Facebook, and I was really intrigued by his storytelling... Read More approach. I decided to contact him, and he responded right away and we set up a Skype date. After talking to him on Skype, I was hooked! We didn’t even talk to any other photographers. Peter is a great guy, and he really cares about not only getting everything that you want out of your wedding photography, but also about you as a person. Peter was interested in our love story and our lives, which made working with him that much better. It was like working with one of your good friends. Peter first did our engagement photos. He was great with suggesting places to go and what to wear. He made us feel comfortable, to the point that we didn’t even feel like we were getting our picture taken. Our engagement photos came out amazing! We had so many compliments on them, and people asked (and hoped) if he was also shooting our wedding. So we had a great preview of his work before the big day. He kept in touch regularly before the wedding day. He helped to create a wedding day timeline. We had another Skype date to talk everything out before the wedding. He was very knowledgeable and helpful, and really was a big help to creating a flow on the wedding day. We had some weather issues on the wedding day, but Peter made it all work. His other shooters and assistants were also amazing! Peter also did our wedding video! It was really awesome to have photo and video all in one. I think it made everything easier and ran so much smoother. Our wedding photos turned out amazing! Better than I could have ever imagined! Peter gave us a little sneak peek on the wedding night, and I couldn’t wait to see all of the others. They were so great. I love, love, love the storytelling aspect. When I looked at the pictures, I felt like I was right back at the wedding. I could relive it, picture by picture, from getting ready all the way down to the last dance at the reception. Even looking at other peoples’ wedding photos that Peter has shot, you feel like you were at their wedding and could see the emotions throughout their day. I would highly recommend Peter as your wedding photographer. He is super easy to work with and very professional. He even connected with our guests at the wedding, and they had nothing but great things to say about him and his crew. You will come away with memories, new friendships, and the highest quality photos.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016

I look at the photos Peter and Jeremiah took of our wedding every single day. I'm not kidding. I can't believe how two people were able to capture every single moment of our wedding - but they did! Peter and Jeremiah gave us the story of our wedding. That is priceless. I... Read More now have a backstage/full-access pass to that entire day! I love it!! Peter was extremely prepared for our day. Almost immediately he earned my trust and confidence that we didn't have to worry at all about our pictures. I didn't stress about the photos that entire day. I was just excited that they were there and in control. We had already discussed all the photos that were "a must" for my husband and me. He met every expectation there. They also knew the ideal locations on the property for our couple photos. It was so effortless and fun as they directed us for these photos. The photos they took were beyond our expectations and just stunning. Peter and Jeremiah were so efficient and professional. Peter Gubernat far exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend his services. You will not be disappointed! Peter will always have a job from us - anniversaries, senior pictures, family photos............

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Kristina T

To say that our experience with Peter as our wedding photographer was amazing, is truly an understatement. Peter is phenomenal in all aspects of his work. Right from the start, he made my then fiancé & I feel extremely comfortable and relaxed when taking our engagement photos as... Read More we walked around Chicago during sunset. I had looked at Peter's blog on his website, so I knew he was very talented, but our photos turned out even better than I thought they would be, so I knew we were in good hands for the wedding. And Peter did not disappoint. He captured our wedding so well & really did tell the story of the entire day from getting ready in the morning to the last dance at the end of the night. I feel like I can really re-live the full wedding day through his fabulous pictures. Peter is such a pleasure to work with and makes taking pictures really fun! He captured so many special moments that I am so grateful to have. Peter is an extremely skilled photographer being able to capture artistic, candid & posed photos beautifully. I recommend Peter to anyone who wants to have the best photography experience and have amazing photos to enjoy forever. Peter is epic as your photos will be as well :)

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Rachael M

Peter was great to work with for our engagement photos. He was down to earth and professional. He made us feel so comfortable. I loved his style of photography. He was timely with the finished photos to share with friends and family!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Sofia U

Peter did our engagement photos for us and if we were getting married in Chicago I would 100% book him for our wedding! When hiring photographers, my wedding planner told me "the most important thing is that you like this person, because they're going to be with you more than... Read More anyone else." Peter was so easy to work with and be around - friendly, professional, artistic, understanding, fun, funny, and a really cool guy. We never felt awkward or judged and he kept us moving and laughing in the very,very,very cold and windy Chicago morning. Plus, his photos are outstanding, they are really art and we are happy to use them for our save the dates and wedding website! He took what we wanted into account, and also worked some of his own magic into our shoot.

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Tom P

I recently got engaged this fall and immediately started the tormenting process of finding and reserving the "Musts"-the church, the reception, and of course, the photographer. I previewed so many photographers sites-I lost track of how many I looked at. I felt this huge burden... Read More that I must preview EVERY site prior to making a decision because it truly is a once in a lifetime event. I found Peter's site early and it stayed in the "yes" column and remained the only absolute yes the entire process. So actually, after doing my due diligence, if I had just trusted my gut from the beginning, it would not have been such a tough process. But, if you are like me-you will still likely have to preview many sites prior to making such a big decision, but please note, Peter Gubernat is SO TALENTED all of your friends and family will gush over your photos-not only because of the pure love captured, but because of the photo quality that is far superior to any other engagement photos they have ever seen! It is by far the best decision in my wedding planning I have made. My photos are insane! Far beyond what I ever imagined! Peter made our process extremely easy with no gimmicks-he's the real deal and the best out there to work with!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Pamela W

We've been in your position before. All of us have. Pouring over reviews, looking at galleries online, researching vendors from previous weddings you've been to or perhaps stood up in. Maybe you even went to a bridal expo? Or an anti-bridal expo where you've been made to feel... Read More you must be different or your wedding won't be special. Well, your wedding will be special because it's your wedding day. You may or may not want vintage furniture, vinyl records during cocktail hour or calligraphy on your invitations. You may be lusting after something you saw on Pinterest that may ultimately be unattainable because of the price tag. But, you do need photography to capture your event. They say a picture is worth 1,000 words, however when comparing so many photographers it can be easy to get lost in the pictures. And so, I humbly give you words of why you need to go with Peter Gubernat. Peter is a consummate professional. He is as creative and fun as he is detailed and passionate. Peter will make sure that he understands what your “must-have” and “would like” photos consist of. Of course you will probably want the family formals with grandma and your aunt Betty that you talk to once a year, but Peter will also surprise you with intimate moments that help paint the full, beautiful picture (pun not intended) that is your wedding day. I would be remiss not to mention price. You can shop around and find photographers that charge less, of course. You can also order a cheeseburger at Wendy’s: you will end up with a square patty that satiates you temporarily, but is neither memorable nor special in the least. I work with numbers for a living. Trust me. Dollar for dollar Peter is the.best.value.you.will.find.in.Chicago. The print release that comes with each package allows you to not only respect his craft, but also provides you flexibility after your wedding. Peter calls himself a storyteller. On our wedding day he was much more. He was a calming presence, a reassuring voice, an extended family wrangler, and at times, a magician. Do yourself a favor, and at the very least send Peter an email, thoroughly check out his work, and set up a Skype interview or phone call. If it's not a good fit after that, well, best of luck to you. P.S. If you don’t already have room in your budget for an engagement session, make room. We almost did not, and we would have sorely regretted it. Our engagement session allowed us to get to know Peter better, appreciate his style, communicate our insecurities and helped us to relax on our wedding day, knowing we were in the lens of Peter Gubernat.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Leah N

The photographs that we received from our engagement shoot with Peter Gubernat were EPIC! You definitely will not be disappointed. He is very flexible in scheduling and very easy and fun to work with. The session was very relaxed and easy, and the pictures we got back... Read More perfectly reflected our relationship. I highly recommend using Peter Gubernat Photography for your engagement sessions and wedding. He will capture every awesome detail of your relationship together. Great customer service, such generosity, great guy to work with! You would be making a mistake not to use him for your special day!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Peter did us solid. He was super collaborative and helpful in capturing the moment for me as I proposed to my girlfriend, followed by a couple of hours of photography in the city. He's very friendly and knows how to keep the mood light and jovial, getting people comfortable in... Read More having their photos taken. The photos came out fantastic and my fiancé and I both love them. If you're looking to lock in a photographer, you can't go wrong with Peter!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

My fiancé is scheduled to run the Chicago marathon, so we decided to have our engagement photos taken at the beautiful windy city. 1 out of 7 photographers, we chose Peter Gubernat. Right choice! He is very professional. It was so easy to correspond with him and scheduling the... Read More session was a breeze. Photos are absolutely brilliant! Thank you Peter Gubernat! Great pleasure working with you

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Hilary R

Words cannot express how in love we are with our engagement photos!!! Peter is a breeze to work with, he's extremely personable and made us feel so at ease in front of the camera. He has an amazing artistic eye which translates into timelessly beautiful, one of a kind photos!!... Read More If you're looking for a talented, unique engagement/wedding photographer, you've found him!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 callie b

We hired Peter Gubernat to take our wedding photos and engagement photos. I have nothing but positive things to say about Peter and his team. Peter's brother-in-law, Michael, was our main photographer. Peter did all of the editing himself. Not only are we beyond pleased with the... Read More pictures that we received, the customer service, flexibility, and generosity by both Peter and Michael were unbelievable. Before I give you our story, feel free to look at some of the highlight pictures from our wedding on Peter's blog at: http://petergubernat.com/2015/weddings/jay-callie-downtown-chicago-wedding-at-the-thompson/ This past summer, we scheduled our engagement shots. Of course, it was pouring rain and cold when we first scheduled. Michael was flexible in moving our date. On our rescheduled rain date, it was also pouring and cold. We, along with Michael, decided to give it a whirl anyways. Michael was amazing. We were miserably cold and uncomfortable, but Michael was smiling, happy, and enthusiastic the ENTIRE time. He made it as pleasant as it could be. A week went by and we were contacted by both Peter and Michael. They said that the pictures turned out well, but definitely could be better thanks to the weather. They offered to do a second shot with us in a few weeks, for free. During the second set of engagement shots, not only was the weather 100x better, but both Michael and Peter came out for our sunrise session. The four of us had an absolute blast and we had much better pictures than the first time. This was when we knew we picked the right company, and we haven't even gotten to the wedding yet! This past Labor Day weekend was our wedding day. Michael and Vic got to the hotel and immediately started working. They were punctual, kept to a timeline, and were extremely professional. They kept everyone in a great mood and really captured the feel of the day. I don't know how they did it, but they did. The shots of the bridal parties getting ready, the first look, out around Chicago before the ceremony, formal portraits, to the reception, was everything we wanted. They even made sure to get shots of the majority of our guests. Since we've gotten the wedding photos, we've looked at them so many times and often take 2 hours to sit and just relive our perfect day. We really couldn't be happier with Peter and his team. We ENTHUSIASTICALLY AND WHOLEHEARTEDLY RECOMMEND Peter Gubernat Photography. Stop searching for your wedding photographer now, and call Peter ASAP!

WORTH EVERY PENNY

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Stephanie K

Peter is an incredible photographer. We could not be happier with our engagement photos and what we've seen of our wedding photos. He put everyone at ease the day of and is undeniably talented. Choosing him as our photographer was the best choice I could have made.

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Heather B

We had our engagement photographs taken in August, and we were so happy with how they turned out! We are getting married on the West Coast, but wanted our engagement shoot done in Chicago (where we met). Peter was so flexible with us when it came to the locations we wanted (like... Read More the law school where we met), even though he had never been to some of those spots before. He immediately made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and some of my favorite photos are the spur-of-the-moment shots between the posed photos when we didn't even know he was taking pictures. If you are looking for a photographer who will capture real moments instead of more traditional poses, Peter is fantastic!