Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Wedding

Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

Think outside the Bach’s, Philadelphia, PA (215) 600-3555

Philadelphia String quartet

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

The String Quartet played at my daughter's wedding at the Philadelphia Horticultural Center. They played classical strings for the ceremony and electric for the cocktail hour. They made the event very special. They played beautifully and we received numerous compliments. I... Read More definitely would have them play at any future event I may hold. They were phenomenal.

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

PSQ was amazing to work with from the moment I booked them to when they finished their last song. They were able to provide exactly what my husband and I were looking for. We wanted our wedding to be the standard wedding...but with some flare. We had them play their acoustic... Read More instruments for our ceremony for that "serious" aspect of the day, but we selected songs that were more pop and it was absolutely perfect. Magu and I were even able to sync when he would switch the quartet to a more upbeat version of "Marry You" as I walked down the aisle. PSQ also played for our cocktail hour with their electric instruments and were absolutely fantastic. They played the perfect selection of songs and at the right volume. They weren't overbearing where they stole the show, but they weren't so quiet that you didn't know that they were there - it was balanced in every way. They are all musicians who absolutely love what they do and it shows in any of their performances. The only downside that I have is I don't have another event where I would need them to play!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Love the Philly Strings. So professional, talented, and amazing to watch. Worth every penny, your guests will RAVE!

Fantastic Music

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

The Philadelphia String Quartet was the perfect choice for our wedding. They went above and beyond to give us the intimate classic feeling we desired for our wedding day. We had a rainy day and a late start but none seemed to notice as they were mesmerized by the lovely music!... Read More Thanks PSQ! I would highly recommend the PSQ to anyone desiring beautiful classic music their special day.

Great Music

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

The Philadelphia String Quartet are talented, professional and always enthusiastic about their performance. The have a versatile repertoire and are easy to work with.

Philadelphia String Quartet

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Always on time (early = on time), always professional, always engaging, and always a pleasure to work with! Truly talented and interactive performers who light up on stage.

wouldn't have been the same without them

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We had the string quartet play at our ceremony & cocktail hour. Instead of playing standard classical, we had them play 80's alternative & modern rock, which really set a fantastic tone for our day. The Cure never sounded so classy! We requested to walk down the aisle to... Read More "Only You" by Yaz & they specially arranged the music for us since it wasn't in their repetoire. we worked with Monique & she was a charm to work with & even more beautiful in person!! i can't say enough great things about the quartet. they will always be a great memory from the best day of my life. thanks monique & crew!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Katie P

Adds a personal, classic touch to your wedding!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

The PSQ was one element of the wedding I was most looking forward to and they absolutely delivered - and more! They never missed a beat and things were seamless when the wedding started a little late due the parent limo going to the wrong church! The music was beautiful and... Read More one of the most complimented aspects of the wedding by guests! I was over the moon to have them play at my wedding - what a unique group and their range is excellent. We incorporated modern and traditional music and it flowed beautifully and made things really fun. Their rendition of Vida la Vida by Coldplay as our exit song is something I'll never forget. It was so cheery and upbeat and I think it really surprised guests to have such a well versed group playing at a wedding. I cannot recommend the PSQ enough. They were an absolute highlight of the ceremony and overall wedding. I wish I could have been a guest and listened to them play the whole time. Do yourself a favor and hire them - you will not regret it!

Great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Brittany J

I am an event planner and I work with PSQ on a regular basis. They are so talented and professional. You will not be disappointed, I highly recommend hiring them for your next event!

Really made the ceremony and cocktail special!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jessica P

We used the quartet for the ceremony and cocktail hour. We got so many compliments about how great they were. We used the electrical instruments for the cocktail hour which was super fun. I would highly recommend the PSQ for anyone looking for that special touch for their... Read More wedding.

Musicians

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Michelle O

Philadelphia String Quartet played at our wedding on September 25, 2015. They were absolutely amazing. Our guests are still raving about their array of music that they played. Words such as 'breathtaking, romantic, classic, memorable and special" were all the buzz at our... Read More wedding to describe PSQ. It was an absolute pleasure from the very start to have worked with Laci and Mugu. They created a playlist that told a story of our love together. It was personalized just for us. I only wish that we could experience our wedding day all over again. Every bit of it, including PSQ, was truly magical!!!

Just what we wanted!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

The sounds of the Philadelphia Quartet made everyone in church relax and smile. They added a special dimension to our wedding that many have not seen before and made people ask who they were and where did they come from. Many commented on the beauty of the strings and peace it... Read More brought them. We debated on having them at our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made. Our Wedding Mass was perfect and can't thank Magu Radu and the Philadelphia Quartet enough for a job well done. We highly recommend them to all.

Wedding Music

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I turn to Mugurel/PSQ since our meeting (about 8 years ago) whenever in need of strings for all weddings and other special occasions at our church, Christ Our Light, Cherry Hill. His responses are always prompt, and all members of the group(s) are excellent musicians and... Read More wonderful people. It is a pleasure and an honor to work with the PSQ.

PSQ Second to None

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

My name is Tim Lieb from Ambiance Disc Jockey Entertainment, Inc. Having run a successful dj company for almost thirty years, I have had the opportunity to work with several string ensembles. Mugu, from PSQ reached out to me several years ago to collaborate my services with his... Read More at weddings, on occasion. From the first time that I worked with PSQ, I knew that they were truly something special. Their talent level is beyond compare and live performance is both entertaining and engaging. The electric portion of their performance immediately blew me away. Adding PSQ to your entertainment package, whether it be for ceremony only, or the inclusive ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner will set your affair apart from any other that you have experienced. Call them today! You will thank yourself.

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

The Philadelphia String Quartet is an excellent choice for your musical needs. Their music was outstanding and their selections were varied enough for both young and old to enjoy. It was a pleasure doing business with them. They are very professional and easy to work with.

Avalon Yacht Club Event

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

What a wonderful and inspiring performance!! Bravo. All of our members can not stop talking about this outstanding performance.

Amazing! Beautiful! Unique! Love, love, love!

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Tina Marie D

Adding the Philadelphia String Quartet to our wedding ceremony was one of the best last-minute decisions we could have made for our wedding! The fact they were playing the ceremony was actually a surprise to all of our guests and most of our wedding party as well! We came up... Read More with a playlist for them for the entire ceremony, from the guests being seated to the processional, to the recessional -- all the songs we chose were more modern songs which PSQ does such a great job translating into strings. This is the one thing that makes me regret not having a videographer!! I would have loved seeing them play as guests arrived, and seeing the processional with the strings playing. While I was waiting to walk in with my dad, I could hear them playing each different song for my mom and then my bridal party, and finally, the song they began to play for me and my dad to walk in ("a thousand years") and it all sounded beautiful! I was tearing up before I took my first step down the aisle! Our contact, Miha, had a Skype session with us prior to the wedding to hash out the details of all the songs that would be played, the number in the bridal party, etc. and they executed everything perfectly! Would hire them again for sure! Guests loved the surprise -- including my mom! :) Not the cheapest for one hour of playing ($300/player, per hour) but they were worth every penny!

Beautiful Music

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Megan K

I had a beautiful ceremony and it is all because of the Philadelphia String Quartet. I had some many of my guests approach me saying that my ceremony was the most beautiful they had ever seen - I know that the music played by the Quartet made it a top-notch wedding!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2013 Katie A

We used PSQ for our cocktail hour, and it was well worth it! They are amazing, true professionals, and our guests are STILL talking about how beaufitul their music was!

Amazing Musicians!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Megan O

I used PSQ for my wedding this past May; they were everything I dreamed for my wedding music. We hired them to do our ceremony along with electric strings during our cocktail hour and 1st hour of dinner. All of our guests were raving about how awesome the electric strings were,... Read More it was a total hit! I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Unforgettable!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 rose c

The PSQ did everything we asked of them... and more... we had a most unusual wedding and reception and they responded in aces... i can not say enough about the enthusiasm of the PSQ... and i can not be more pleased... we were looking for a unique experience and we got just... Read More that... Mugu and his quartet were awesome... DJ Mitch had the place rocking during the final 90 minutes... and Katie Nanni's dance group from NYC turned heads during each of their three numbers... well done PSQ... i will never be able to forget May 11, 2013... thank you for that!!!

Breathtaking!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Ang R

I found the Philadelphia String Quartet after seeing “the Van” with Its logo painted brightly and classically all over it. I looked up their website, listened to a sample of their music and was hooked..I immediately called, Mugu answered, I told him this crazy story about My... Read More Surprise Dream Wedding I was thinking of having. He actually took notes and had Mary – Manager/Event Specialist call me back. I had absolutely no idea how to pull this Wedding Dream Surprise off, especially with less than 2 months’ notice. Mary became my Event coordinator/Wedding Planner/Cake Brooch finder, etc, etc , My Rock!! You name it, Mary has a creative idea for it. She actually listens to you. She hears your wants and needs and the best thing about Mary is the fact that she gives Wonderful Feedback! She truly cares about each and every single event as if it were her own. I had no idea what type of music to have them play for my ceremony, with Me being Italian and my husband Jewish. I gave them creative freedom over the music choices. They had me walk out to them playing Andrea Bocelli..A Moment I will never forget..This is not just a business for Mary, Mugu and the string quartet musicians, this is a way of life. You feel it when they look at you with happy tears in their eyes when you walk down the aisle or in my case outside on the deck of my home on a Freezing cold December morning. The String quartet will Never cause you any anxiety, they are flexible, professional and reliable.. I hired them to play outside in my back yard for my private wedding ceremony and then play later that same evening at My Surprise Christmas party/Wedding. I need a new word for accommodating when speaking about PSQ..They are truly a fantastic company to work with…Can you say, “STRESS FREE”!! I gave their Christmas CD out as a Wedding Favor to all of my guests so they can enjoy them at home. You see, once you hear them, you can’t get enough of them.. PSQ will be the best money spent, I suggest you make them a top priority..You won’t be sorry.

Worth Every Penny!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 jill V

I love instrumental music and wanted a violinist at my wedding. I hired a violinist for the wedding and then the violinist went to the reception along with another person who played the cello. I will say I could not have had a beautiful wedding without this company. The... Read More musicians were so personable , friendly, and the list goes on. At the reception, everyone could not stop tapping their feet while the Violinist played moves like jagger on the electric violin. I could have listened to him all day long. If music is extremely important to you , I would not recommend anyone else! They are worth every penny!!

Set the mood

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Marisa V

Although I didn't get to enjoy them like my guests, everyone said they were amazing and set the tone for the wedding. We had an outdoor reception so it was important for everyone to be happy!