Phillips Banquets & Meetings

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort, Restaurant

780 Morrissey Blvd, Boston, MA

perfect day

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 RHODSHON P

the phillips house met my needs. the only issues was they said i would have a room captain who will organize the reception, but he the person did not do a great job. wish i would had hired a seperate person to work with captain it had got a little unorganized.

So close to perfect

Reviewed on 8/26/2011 Adriana R

I had my wedding in the Somerset Room, a gorgeous intimate setting. I give it a 4 because once I had an initial meeting, no one called me for another 5 months. The prices were extremely reasonable and they even allowed my florist to add some of her personal touches. My guests all loved the food, we served chicken piccata and sliced sirloin. They allowed us to use our own florist and bakery but also had many others to recommend. This is a very friendly, very Bostonian place, which is what I loved about the Phillips. My wedding was elegant and in a gorgeous setting.

Good reheasal dinner option

Reviewed on 10/30/2010 Erin P

We had a good rehearsal dinner at Phillips Boston. Our buffet was a turkey dinner and roast beef, clam chowder, mashed potatoes, green beans, etc. The buffet food was quite good. We had apple crisp for dinner and that was mediocre (not really a crisp). They also misplaced our floral centerpieces that had been delivered earlier in the afternoon, although they said that they would make restitution for doing so.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Rosemarie C

the lighting was perfect!!;DONT GO HERE!!!! They're very unorganized!! When my wedding party got to the venue...there was no wedding coordinator to greet us; myself (the bride) and the groom had to go look for them!! The tables were all mixed up; my father and my family were not even next to me!! The majority of the tables didn't have champagne for the toast! Larry Whitkin the function coordinator is very unorganized and very lazy!! When we would make appointments to meet with him; he always would forget and make us wait!!! He said and I quote 'This isn't the Ritz Carlton' after I had complained that he didn't put my place cards on the place card holders! Not really a hard task to do!! I think they have no time management what so ever and because of that the preparation of my reception suffered from it!! They may have everything included and the website and venue may look all nice but its sooo deceiving!!! The service is horrendous!! You'll be sorry if you do!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2008 Kimkya T

I loved how we decorated the room. I loved how my guests seemed comfortable and intimate and not suashed together. The food was ok too. Not great though.;The manager likes to seem as though he knows what's going on when he really has too much going on. When I returned from my honeymoon and returned to a horrid message from him as to whiich I couldn't believe as there must have been some miscommunication. So I call him and he states he left a second message apologiving. Regardless of the apology i thought it was very disrectful and tasteless to write such a letter to recent bride and customer. Also when we paid our balance in full at the last minute he changed the price of the room significantly and claimed he 'never told us the other rate.' As I said the mananger of functions is very unprofessional and would never recommend this venue to anyone because of his poor customer skills and service.

Reviewed on 9/08/2007 Lornece H

The picture taking view outside with all the flowers in the background.

TO Phillips Banquets & Meetings