Photography for Modern & Timeless Bride

SF City, Carmel, Napa - Sonoma, Bay Area

Photography for Modern & Timeless Bride

Your story is unique as you, with special colors that make your relationship truly unique. I'd love to tell your story elegantly, beautifully, and timelessly, through photographs. I'm particularly drawn to beautiful light and use both the outdoors and indoors to find the best light that flatters my subjects. Natural light is my primary source of light, especially for outdoor nature weddings, but I equally like to include indoor lighting techniques. My style is a mixture of artistic directing, story telling, and capturing moments as they unfold.

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

Union Square, San Francisco, CA SF City, Carmel, Napa - Sonoma, Bay Area (925) 378-3995
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Trang N

We just had our destination wedding in the wine country and Yuliya was our wedding photographer. Now let me tell you a bit about Yuliya: Yuliya was simply WOW!!! From to moment we first contacted her to the moment we finally got to meet her, Yuliya was such a blessing to work... Read More with. She is full of energy, professionalism and FUN! Her photos of our special day are just perfect: The way she captured the raw emotional moments and the natural light with her artistic skills are incredible. Many of our friends and family are still in awe of our wedding pictures and constantly ask us to share more with them. Thank you Yuliya for helping us capturing every minute of our special day with such beauty and real talent. If you are in need of an amazing wedding photographer who knows how to collect moments and memories for you through the best artistic lenses, Yuliya is YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

2017-10-23T16:35:35 Response from the vendor

Trang, I'm so happy you loved the whole experience! Your destination wedding was flawless and having your husband sing to song while you walked down the aisle, will always be my favorite part!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Bart W

Yuliya is amazing!! Since the first time we met her in a café in San Francisco, speaking to her on the phone, engagement shoots, wedding photos, it has been non-stop joy to have her as our photographer. My wife does not like to have her photo taken and becomes nervous when a... Read More camera is pointed her way, yet with the direction and her bubbly personality, Yuliya made her feel at ease at all time. It was as if my wife really wanted to be in front of a camera, which is rare because she’s a selfie hater. Her directions were easy and she works well with each couple. We felt comfortable and the engagement photos turned out great! Our photos didn’t looked rehearsed, but very natural and in the moment. She captured real passionate moments at our second location on the cliffs. During the wedding, I didn’t even know she was there, which was great because during the day I felt like we could have easily gotten distracted by the little details. The fact that I was never distracted by her presence speaks well of her. It was like she was a ninja and I had to turn my head to see if she was even there. Yet when we saw the results/photos of the wedding, we were blown away at how well the photos turned out. They say that a photo is worth a thousand words, and with all our great photos, I’d be a multi-millionaire with words. Her customer service skills are excellent and beyond compare. We had a few suggestions on which type of photos we liked, and what we wanted and she accommodated our requests with such ease. If I had to rate her customer service skills, I’d say it was like the Ritz Carlton in Hawaii along the beach during a sunset with a glass of wine, salami, caviar, brie cheese w/ sourdough bread! Just perfect!

2017-07-17T12:55:08 Response from the vendor

Bart, you guys were amazing to work with! Thank you for your kind words and the Ritz Carlton analogy, now you make me want to go visit. Thank you again.

Hiring Yuliya was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding

Reviewed on 1/31/2015 Alison H

There are so many decisions you have to make when you are planning your wedding and it’s hard to know if you’re making the right ones. Hiring Yuliya to be my wedding photographer was one of the best decisions I made. Working with her was like working with a a friend I had known... Read More forever (even though we had just met!). Yuliya has this amazing spirit that makes you feel at ease and she is so talented that when you get your photos back you will find yourself saying, “I didn’t know I could look like that.” She understands love, lighting, photography and friendship. She also understands weddings. She will reach out to you before the wedding to make sure she understands what’s important to you - the little details about your handmade bridesmaids flowers or the fact that your Grandma is flying across the country and you want special shots with her. And then she will shoot your wedding and capture your special day like she has known you and your partner forever. Chances are, she will also send you a slideshow of your best shots while you’re on your honeymoon. I watched mine about 20 times in a row from our hotel room in Maui. If you’ve found “the one” and now you need “the photographer” look no further than Yuliya. Seriously. Stop reading this and contact her. ~Alison

2017-07-17T12:55:42 Response from the vendor

Ally, I'll treasure your wedding day for always. Thank you for having me come out to Tahoe for your intimate day.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Nessa Z

Yulya is a great photographer, and as everyone mentioned really sweet. She was very helpful on my wedding day, attentive to me as the bride, and directed the guests well to get all the shots of the family we asked of her. She was also very organized and easy to book, pay, plan... Read More with etc. her business is a well oiled machine! She got the photos back to us in a timely matter as promised. Only draw back could be the price, she runs on a higher end depending on where you're located, but if that's not a deterrence for you and you like her style of photography, then don't hesitate to book her, everything else runs smoothly! Thanks Yulya!

2017-11-20T14:19:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Inessa so much for having me capture your French country style wedding of 30+ people! Your wedding colors will always be one of my favorites. Thank you for connecting with me on my visits to Italy, I'll always think of you when I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Bernadine L

I love Yuliya so much!! She was sooo flexible with all of our planning and was always so easy to get a hold of despite not living in the same city as us. Her portfolio was amazing and we couldn't wait to get to work with her. We knew immediately that we wanted her as our... Read More photographer from the first day we spoke with her; she was incredibly sweet, professional and was just as enthusiastic about our wedding as we were. When my husband and I wanted to do a little excursion for our engagement photos, Yuliya was totally up for the challenge! We went on this crazy hike to a beach, took us almost 3 hours total, and Yuliya never complained. Our engagement photos and wedding day photos were exactly what we were looking for and were ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! You will honestly not regret choosing her as your wedding photographer. She makes taking photos so much fun!

2017-11-02T13:02:10 Response from the vendor

Bernadine!!!! Thank you for your kind words. I had so much fun with you and your girls friends (gorgeous bridesmaids) on your wedding. And of course, the hike will always be my favorite engagement shoot experience, especially hiking back under the starlit sky, ROMANTIC ;)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kamilla N

Yuliya is so kind and extremely friendly which made working with her a breeze. Her eye for photography is unbeatable, she captured exquisite photos for our engagement and wedding day photos. I couldn't be happier with her services and how our photos turned out.

2017-11-02T13:03:01 Response from the vendor

Your fun and lively Jewish wedding will always be fresh in my memory! Thank you thank you for such a fabulous day and coming out from Texas for your wedding here in California Redwoods! Lots of love!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Margaret M

Yuliya was amazing!!!! She made us feel very comfortable and made us laugh a lot. She also went above and beyond her duties to make sure our day was as seamless as possible. I would give her 10 stars if I could. Thank you Yuliya! Margaret and Todd

2017-11-02T13:04:07 Response from the vendor

Margie! You guys are the sweetest. Thank you so much for the fun shoot in Napa valley and of course for being willing to play with your gorgeous Hayley Page gown in the olive orchards! Auberge du Soleil hasn't seen a more beautiful wedding, I'm... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Dorina D

Yuliya has by far surpassed my expectations for our wedding photos. She did exceptionally well with capturing moments that I was not able to be at and see. Her classic and exquisite style is everyone's dream for their special day. Her calm and sweet way of posing you was a huge... Read More blessing as other things brought enough stress. She is my top recommended photographer and I would choose her all over again if I had to. In all honesty, she's a 10/10 !

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Annabel L

This review is long overdue... Mainly because I never know where to begin when trying to describe Yuliya and her gorgeous photos! I could tell after our first phone call that she would just "get" us and our aesthetic. We were both looking for more of a documentary style... Read More photographer, and since my husband and I come from different cultural backgrounds, we immediately connected with Yuliya's European influence and vision. From our fabulous engagement shoot here in SF where she froze to death trying to capture the perfect shot (which she of course nailed), to our wedding chaos and fun in Sonoma, Yuliya was right there helping me and giving me bridal tips every step of the way. Whether it was for makeup (thank you Christina Choi!), dress, hair, veil or.... she was always 2 steps ahead of it all, advising and adjusting. I also love that my family and friends keep asking whenever coming across pictures : "wait where was she when these photos were taken I never even noticed her" ha! She was just so quick, discrete and moved around guests with such grace the entire day and evening. Yuliya's energy level is uncanny! As a true professional, Yuliya always replied to all of my questions and emails promptly. What else can I say? Merci infiniment Yuliya, bisous.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Marina W

Yuliya did an absolutely amazing job photographing our wedding! She was so fun and easy to get along with, and she made us feel comfortable being in front of the camera. The photos she took are stunning and every moment of the day was captured beautifully. We highly recommend... Read More her - you will love every photo!

2017-10-23T16:33:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Marina! Your day was a wine country wedding dream. Cannot wait to visit you two in Seattle!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alexey D

Yuliya is amazing. Working with her was the most laid back part of the whole wedding. She is very sweet and very gentle in her workflow. Being guided and directed by her was very easy and at no time seemed forced or unnatural because she knew how to get the best out of us. She... Read More was very diligent being on time and even knowing the details of the exact weather changes of each hour of the day. The before and post wedding process is smooth with her as she made herself available to answer any of our questions and handled all of our odd requests in a very timely matter.

2017-10-23T16:37:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you guys for your sweet review! It means the world to be entrusted with your wedding photos!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Nadine M

I'm not one to write reviews. But Yuliya is someone worth raving about. Initially I chose Yuliya to be my wedding photographer because when I interviewed her, she had a positive attitude, willing to work within my budget, and respected the wedding timeline. She is very... Read More professional and organized which made me feel very comfortable in choosing her. More importantly her portfolio isn't like anything i have seen. She creates amazing artistic work that makes everyone in the picture look amazing. She captures the elegance and life of the wedding without making the pictures appear cheesy. The day of the wedding she was organized and on time. She was so professional with me and my family. She goes with the flow and is so happy. What I love about her is that she goes above and beyond a photographer. (i.e. she helped button the many buttons on back of my dress, she was a great ear when I needed to vent a little lol). Lastly, she captured AMAZING photographs of the wedding. My guests keep saying that my photographs look like they come out of a magazine. Yulyia is one of the BEST hires for my wedding. Hands down. (PS: she also came with an assistant, Amy - who is seriously the best as well.) Yulyia is 10 stars to me

2017-10-23T16:34:38 Response from the vendor

Nadine! Thank you for your sweet words. You New York style city wedding was perfection! Thank you for entrusting me and my team to make your day even more special!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Grace W

Not only is Yuliya a true professional, she is also the sweetest and kindest photographer out there! She took time to get to know us and was so easy to work with on the day of the wedding. Yuliya seamlessly took photos all throughout the day and is so mindful of the details so... Read More you don't have to worry. Yuliya is gifted and has an eye for capturing the most beautiful moments.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Orchid P

Everyone told me that your photographer is the best investment you can make when it comes to your wedding – they are so right! After the whirlwind has passed, all you have to look forward to to re-live that special day you worked so hard to create for you and your spouse are... Read More your photos and video. I’m so glad I chose Yuliya to be our photographer. Her photos look like they’re straight out of a bridal magazine or blog. I had a certain vision of how my photos would turn out, and that vision became reality! I LOVE our photos and could not be happier with them! My husband and I are not naturals when it comes to taking photos – we needed guidance, and Yuliya does a great job directing you, but not in an overbearing way. She also photographed our engagement session, which helped us figure out what angles we liked and didn’t like. We provided the feedback to Yuliya (which she will encourage you to do b/c she wants you to love your photos), and she really took the time to listen, understand what we wanted, and made the appropriate modifications for the Big Day. She is super sweet and her assistants are just as nice and helpful. We’ve gotten so many compliments on the photos, and we will treasure them for years to come. Thank you, Yuliya!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Hayley H

Yuliya is absolutely amazing!! Firstly, she is so sweet and makes you feel extremely comfortable while she takes pictures. Secondly, she is so talented and her pictures are incredible! We did an engagement type session before our wedding in downtown SF on some busy streets and... Read More the pictures turned out beautiful almost like we were the only people around! When I booked her for our wedding she stayed in contact with us throughout the process and answered any questions I had. When it came to our wedding, she was both professional and personable with our families and bridal party and was able to improvise when the weather conditions weren't quite up to par for capturing the background I wanted. Also when we got so caught up and sometimes overwhelmed in the wedding the day of, she was like our saving grace to remind us when a good time for certain pictures would be such as sunset pictures. I will definitely be using Yuliya for future shoots!

2017-07-27T11:35:35 Response from the vendor

Your review made my day! You and Steven were so fun to work with. I loved exploring downtown SF with you and especially the romantic sunset on your wedding day . . . full of lovely details and gorgeous backdrops. Thank you my movie stars... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Jack Y

Yuliya was great. We loved her engagement pictures so much that we decided to have them play on a slideshow during our reception. The wedding pictures were great, as expected. My wife was very particular when choosing our photographer, but Yuliya certainly did not disappoint.... Read More Choosing Yuliya was definitely one of the best decisions of wedding planning.

2017-07-27T11:31:14 Response from the vendor

Jack! It was such a pleasure working with you guys. Will never forget the tea ceremony and our golf cart rides around the property.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Gloria L

Yuliya was amazing! She was the best photographer we could have asked for, hands down. Not only did she put us both at ease, but group shots were super smooth and efficient. We even got all the guys to smile! ;P Of course, all the pictures were amazing, but I might have to say... Read More that the sunset pictures that we snuck out to take were just breath taking. Through out the course of day Yuliya just continued to bring so much enthusiasm to capture our wedding. We can't thank her enough!

2017-07-27T11:31:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you lovely for the sweet review. Next time you decide to go to Paris, please take me with you for your anniversary shoot ;) Stay fabulous.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Veronica G

Yuliya did a fantastic job with our engagement shoot! The photos turned out better than we could have ever imagined. I was particularly impressed with Yuliya's willingness to go above and beyond to get the perfect shot. We walked through all types of terrain -- sand, rocks,... Read More hills, tall grass, waves -- and Yuliya was cheerful the whole time. The end result was incredible. Our photos are epic, dreamy, and timeless. Thank you Yuliya for far exceeding our expectations!

2017-07-27T11:33:05 Response from the vendor

You guys were a gem to work with and your red dress will be one of my favorites, it flowed perfectly amidst the California sunset. Epic shoots like yours are my favorite!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Chelsea S

Wow. I cannot say enough great things about Yuliya. She did an incredible job photographing our wedding. She was extremely on top of making sure we got all of the pictures we wanted and truly followed through. Above all, she made us feel so comfortable, making our pictures very... Read More natural and absolutely flawless. I would recommend her to anyone and truly feel grateful to have had her be apart of our special day!

2017-07-17T12:52:19 Response from the vendor

Chelsea, it was such an honor to serve you and your husband on your wedding day! Thank you for including me in your special day.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Vivian C

Yuliya is an absolutely wonderful sweetheart! We are so blessed and thankful to have her to be our wedding photographer. During our initial meeting at a coffee shop, she was very warm, calm and welcoming and made us feel so comfortable. Her energy and cheerful spirit was perfect... Read More for a rush and stressed couple, who were having a wedding in less than a month! She is very organized, professional and nice to chat with. She took time to get to know us and learn what was important to us. Then we went through the timeline together, and when she knew that I was still looking for a makeup artist, she immediately found me one from her team! She also brought with her sister, Dina - an amazing calligrapher, whose work I admire greatly - I wish I knew her earlier so I would have asked her to help with our wedding programs! We both think that Yuliya was just what we needed and had made things so much easier! On the day of the wedding, Yuliya arrived early at our hotel and even had checked out our wedding venue prior to look for a potential spot for our bridal party shoot. The majority of our bridal party, my husband and I were never professionally photographed before, so we were not good at posing, but Yuliya made us laughed in minutes and brought us a joyous and comfortable experience. Not only my husband and I, but our bridal party and our guests loved her! When we received the pictures, we were absolutely blown away by the quality. She took the best candid shots, which we are very much in love. She has a great eye for lighting and picked the right angles that captures the people and surroundings perfectly. Thank you again Yuliya for all your hard work and for capturing the magic moments in our lives! We must say that the photo shoot has been the most memorable moment we had in our wedding!! We look forward to working with you again in the future!!!

2017-07-17T12:56:29 Response from the vendor

Vivian, thank you thank you for your kind words! You made my job so enjoyable and your entire bridal party was so fun to work with.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Caroline P

Yuliya is the absolute best!! Not only are her pictures incredible, but she is such a nice and easy person to work with. I really enjoyed having her as my photographer on my wedding day. She took all the necessary photos and then stepped back took amazing candid photos during... Read More the ceremony and reception. On top of that, she got all my photos back to me so quickly! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

2017-07-17T12:57:25 Response from the vendor

Caroline, thank you for having me at your gorgeous Chalkhill estate wedding! Many blessings to you guys on your marriage.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Ana R

Very professional, sweet person, and talented. You won't regret working with Yuliya, she's a gem. She captured our engagement pictures and wedding pictures beautifully.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Dina S

Yuliya is simply amazing!!! We had the most amazing experience with her on our engagement photo shoot! She is so easy to work with, she made it so comfortable and fun and at the end we were amazed at the photos we got!!! They were breathtaking and she captured every moment so... Read More beautifully! She was able to capture the sweetest moments that we will always treasure! We loved having Yuliya as our photographer and would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Shae R

We recently moved to California and wanted our engagement session to also show our family and friends where we live. When my fiance and I saw Yuli's work, we both fell in love with the quality of her photos. She exceeded our expectations - our pictures turned out... Read More phenomenal. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Julie P

What can I say about Yuliya than she was the perfect photographer for us to capture our special day in last April in Rutherford. Wedding planning is stressful and Yuliya always knew just when to check in with a sweet note to calm my nerves. I can say that working with Yuliya... Read More really was more personal and truly felt like working with a great friend. From the very moment of meeting her my husband and I knew that there was just something so calming about her. Honestly, Yuliya had her work cut out for her. For one, I am not the most comfortable in front of the camera. But despite that, she was able to catch the sweet honest moments between my husband and that was really special and turned out so well. We were blown away with the photos she was able to capture both for our engagement shoot and our wedding. Another challenge during our wedding was weather. They say that rain is good luck, right? We didn't need luck because Yuliya was able to work around any situation and photos turned out just beautifully. I definitely recommend Yuliya not only because she is professional, easy to communicate with, able to interpret your vision, and work that is beautiful, but because she is someone you will want to capture to most special moments in your life.

2017-07-17T12:54:06 Response from the vendor

Julie, it was such an honor to be a part of your hollywood wedding! You guys looked amazing and made me feel like part of the family. I loved roaming the streets of San Francisco with you for your engagement photos and then exploring the... Read Less Read More

Yuliya M.

My name is Yuliya, of European descent and with my heart left in San Francisco. Besides being a wedding photographer, I'm a musician, an avid coffee shop goer and a lover of big cities. "Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life..." is a quote by Mark Twain displayed on my desk. I love early mornings, wardrobe styling, beautiful light and the busy street corners of New York. Contact me today to capture your day in style! I split my time between city weddings and wine country weddings in the Bay Area, Napa-Sonoma, Monterey-Big Sur, and Italy-France, abroad.