Photography for Modern & Timeless Bride

SF City, Carmel, Napa - Sonoma, Bay Area

Photography for Modern & Timeless Bride

Your story is unique as you, with special colors that make your relationship truly unique. I'd love to tell your story elegantly, beautifully, and timelessly, through photographs. I'm particularly drawn to beautiful light and use both the outdoors and indoors to find the best light that flatters my subjects. Natural light is my primary source of light, especially for outdoor nature weddings, but I equally like to include indoor lighting techniques. My style is a mixture of artistic directing, story telling, and capturing moments as they unfold.

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Union Square, San Francisco, CA SF City, Carmel, Napa - Sonoma, Bay Area (925) 378-3995
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Julie P

What can I say about Yuliya than she was the perfect photographer for us to capture our special day in last April in Rutherford. Wedding planning is stressful and Yuliya always knew just when to check in with a sweet note to calm my nerves. I can say that working with Yuliya... Read More really was more personal and truly felt like working with a great friend. From the very moment of meeting her my husband and I knew that there was just something so calming about her. Honestly, Yuliya had her work cut out for her. For one, I am not the most comfortable in front of the camera. But despite that, she was able to catch the sweet honest moments between my husband and that was really special and turned out so well. We were blown away with the photos she was able to capture both for our engagement shoot and our wedding. Another challenge during our wedding was weather. They say that rain is good luck, right? We didn't need luck because Yuliya was able to work around any situation and photos turned out just beautifully. I definitely recommend Yuliya not only because she is professional, easy to communicate with, able to interpret your vision, and work that is beautiful, but because she is someone you will want to capture to most special moments in your life.

2017-07-17T12:54:06 Response from the vendor

Julie, it was such an honor to be a part of your hollywood wedding! You guys looked amazing and made me feel like part of the family. I loved roaming the streets of San Francisco with you for your engagement photos and then exploring the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Bart W

Yuliya is amazing!! Since the first time we met her in a café in San Francisco, speaking to her on the phone, engagement shoots, wedding photos, it has been non-stop joy to have her as our photographer. My wife does not like to have her photo taken and becomes nervous when a... Read More camera is pointed her way, yet with the direction and her bubbly personality, Yuliya made her feel at ease at all time. It was as if my wife really wanted to be in front of a camera, which is rare because she’s a selfie hater. Her directions were easy and she works well with each couple. We felt comfortable and the engagement photos turned out great! Our photos didn’t looked rehearsed, but very natural and in the moment. She captured real passionate moments at our second location on the cliffs. During the wedding, I didn’t even know she was there, which was great because during the day I felt like we could have easily gotten distracted by the little details. The fact that I was never distracted by her presence speaks well of her. It was like she was a ninja and I had to turn my head to see if she was even there. Yet when we saw the results/photos of the wedding, we were blown away at how well the photos turned out. They say that a photo is worth a thousand words, and with all our great photos, I’d be a multi-millionaire with words. Her customer service skills are excellent and beyond compare. We had a few suggestions on which type of photos we liked, and what we wanted and she accommodated our requests with such ease. If I had to rate her customer service skills, I’d say it was like the Ritz Carlton in Hawaii along the beach during a sunset with a glass of wine, salami, caviar, brie cheese w/ sourdough bread! Just perfect!

2017-07-17T12:55:08 Response from the vendor

Bart, you guys were amazing to work with! Thank you for your kind words and the Ritz Carlton analogy, now you make me want to go visit. Thank you again.

Hiring Yuliya was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding

Reviewed on 1/31/2015 Alison H

There are so many decisions you have to make when you are planning your wedding and it’s hard to know if you’re making the right ones. Hiring Yuliya to be my wedding photographer was one of the best decisions I made. Working with her was like working with a a friend I had known... Read More forever (even though we had just met!). Yuliya has this amazing spirit that makes you feel at ease and she is so talented that when you get your photos back you will find yourself saying, “I didn’t know I could look like that.” She understands love, lighting, photography and friendship. She also understands weddings. She will reach out to you before the wedding to make sure she understands what’s important to you - the little details about your handmade bridesmaids flowers or the fact that your Grandma is flying across the country and you want special shots with her. And then she will shoot your wedding and capture your special day like she has known you and your partner forever. Chances are, she will also send you a slideshow of your best shots while you’re on your honeymoon. I watched mine about 20 times in a row from our hotel room in Maui. If you’ve found “the one” and now you need “the photographer” look no further than Yuliya. Seriously. Stop reading this and contact her. ~Alison

2017-07-17T12:55:42 Response from the vendor

Ally, I'll treasure your wedding day for always. Thank you for having me come out to Tahoe for your intimate day.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alexey D

Yuliya is amazing. Working with her was the most laid back part of the whole wedding. She is very sweet and very gentle in her workflow. Being guided and directed by her was very easy and at no time seemed forced or unnatural because she knew how to get the best out of us. She... Read More was very diligent being on time and even knowing the details of the exact weather changes of each hour of the day. The before and post wedding process is smooth with her as she made herself available to answer any of our questions and handled all of our odd requests in a very timely matter.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Nadine M

I'm not one to write reviews. But Yuliya is someone worth raving about. Initially I chose Yuliya to be my wedding photographer because when I interviewed her, she had a positive attitude, willing to work within my budget, and respected the wedding timeline. She is very... Read More professional and organized which made me feel very comfortable in choosing her. More importantly her portfolio isn't like anything i have seen. She creates amazing artistic work that makes everyone in the picture look amazing. She captures the elegance and life of the wedding without making the pictures appear cheesy. The day of the wedding she was organized and on time. She was so professional with me and my family. She goes with the flow and is so happy. What I love about her is that she goes above and beyond a photographer. (i.e. she helped button the many buttons on back of my dress, she was a great ear when I needed to vent a little lol). Lastly, she captured AMAZING photographs of the wedding. My guests keep saying that my photographs look like they come out of a magazine. Yulyia is one of the BEST hires for my wedding. Hands down. (PS: she also came with an assistant, Amy - who is seriously the best as well.) Yulyia is 10 stars to me

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Trang N

We just had our destination wedding in the wine country and Yuliya was our wedding photographer. Now let me tell you a bit about Yuliya: Yuliya was simply WOW!!! From to moment we first contacted her to the moment we finally got to meet her, Yuliya was such a blessing to work... Read More with. She is full of energy, professionalism and FUN! Her photos of our special day are just perfect: The way she captured the raw emotional moments and the natural light with her artistic skills are incredible. Many of our friends and family are still in awe of our wedding pictures and constantly ask us to share more with them. Thank you Yuliya for helping us capturing every minute of our special day with such beauty and real talent. If you are in need of an amazing wedding photographer who knows how to collect moments and memories for you through the best artistic lenses, Yuliya is YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Grace W

Not only is Yuliya a true professional, she is also the sweetest and kindest photographer out there! She took time to get to know us and was so easy to work with on the day of the wedding. Yuliya seamlessly took photos all throughout the day and is so mindful of the details so... Read More you don't have to worry. Yuliya is gifted and has an eye for capturing the most beautiful moments.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Orchid P

Everyone told me that your photographer is the best investment you can make when it comes to your wedding – they are so right! After the whirlwind has passed, all you have to look forward to to re-live that special day you worked so hard to create for you and your spouse are... Read More your photos and video. I’m so glad I chose Yuliya to be our photographer. Her photos look like they’re straight out of a bridal magazine or blog. I had a certain vision of how my photos would turn out, and that vision became reality! I LOVE our photos and could not be happier with them! My husband and I are not naturals when it comes to taking photos – we needed guidance, and Yuliya does a great job directing you, but not in an overbearing way. She also photographed our engagement session, which helped us figure out what angles we liked and didn’t like. We provided the feedback to Yuliya (which she will encourage you to do b/c she wants you to love your photos), and she really took the time to listen, understand what we wanted, and made the appropriate modifications for the Big Day. She is super sweet and her assistants are just as nice and helpful. We’ve gotten so many compliments on the photos, and we will treasure them for years to come. Thank you, Yuliya!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Hayley H

Yuliya is absolutely amazing!! Firstly, she is so sweet and makes you feel extremely comfortable while she takes pictures. Secondly, she is so talented and her pictures are incredible! We did an engagement type session before our wedding in downtown SF on some busy streets and... Read More the pictures turned out beautiful almost like we were the only people around! When I booked her for our wedding she stayed in contact with us throughout the process and answered any questions I had. When it came to our wedding, she was both professional and personable with our families and bridal party and was able to improvise when the weather conditions weren't quite up to par for capturing the background I wanted. Also when we got so caught up and sometimes overwhelmed in the wedding the day of, she was like our saving grace to remind us when a good time for certain pictures would be such as sunset pictures. I will definitely be using Yuliya for future shoots!

2017-07-27T11:35:35 Response from the vendor

Your review made my day! You and Steven were so fun to work with. I loved exploring downtown SF with you and especially the romantic sunset on your wedding day . . . full of lovely details and gorgeous backdrops. Thank you my movie stars... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Jack Y

Yuliya was great. We loved her engagement pictures so much that we decided to have them play on a slideshow during our reception. The wedding pictures were great, as expected. My wife was very particular when choosing our photographer, but Yuliya certainly did not disappoint.... Read More Choosing Yuliya was definitely one of the best decisions of wedding planning.

2017-07-27T11:31:14 Response from the vendor

Jack! It was such a pleasure working with you guys. Will never forget the tea ceremony and our golf cart rides around the property.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Gloria L

Yuliya was amazing! She was the best photographer we could have asked for, hands down. Not only did she put us both at ease, but group shots were super smooth and efficient. We even got all the guys to smile! ;P Of course, all the pictures were amazing, but I might have to say... Read More that the sunset pictures that we snuck out to take were just breath taking. Through out the course of day Yuliya just continued to bring so much enthusiasm to capture our wedding. We can't thank her enough!

2017-07-27T11:31:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you lovely for the sweet review. Next time you decide to go to Paris, please take me with you for your anniversary shoot ;) Stay fabulous.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Veronica G

Yuliya did a fantastic job with our engagement shoot! The photos turned out better than we could have ever imagined. I was particularly impressed with Yuliya's willingness to go above and beyond to get the perfect shot. We walked through all types of terrain -- sand, rocks,... Read More hills, tall grass, waves -- and Yuliya was cheerful the whole time. The end result was incredible. Our photos are epic, dreamy, and timeless. Thank you Yuliya for far exceeding our expectations!

2017-07-27T11:33:05 Response from the vendor

You guys were a gem to work with and your red dress will be one of my favorites, it flowed perfectly amidst the California sunset. Epic shoots like yours are my favorite!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Chelsea S

Wow. I cannot say enough great things about Yuliya. She did an incredible job photographing our wedding. She was extremely on top of making sure we got all of the pictures we wanted and truly followed through. Above all, she made us feel so comfortable, making our pictures very... Read More natural and absolutely flawless. I would recommend her to anyone and truly feel grateful to have had her be apart of our special day!

2017-07-17T12:52:19 Response from the vendor

Chelsea, it was such an honor to serve you and your husband on your wedding day! Thank you for including me in your special day.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Vivian C

Yuliya is an absolutely wonderful sweetheart! We are so blessed and thankful to have her to be our wedding photographer. During our initial meeting at a coffee shop, she was very warm, calm and welcoming and made us feel so comfortable. Her energy and cheerful spirit was perfect... Read More for a rush and stressed couple, who were having a wedding in less than a month! She is very organized, professional and nice to chat with. She took time to get to know us and learn what was important to us. Then we went through the timeline together, and when she knew that I was still looking for a makeup artist, she immediately found me one from her team! She also brought with her sister, Dina - an amazing calligrapher, whose work I admire greatly - I wish I knew her earlier so I would have asked her to help with our wedding programs! We both think that Yuliya was just what we needed and had made things so much easier! On the day of the wedding, Yuliya arrived early at our hotel and even had checked out our wedding venue prior to look for a potential spot for our bridal party shoot. The majority of our bridal party, my husband and I were never professionally photographed before, so we were not good at posing, but Yuliya made us laughed in minutes and brought us a joyous and comfortable experience. Not only my husband and I, but our bridal party and our guests loved her! When we received the pictures, we were absolutely blown away by the quality. She took the best candid shots, which we are very much in love. She has a great eye for lighting and picked the right angles that captures the people and surroundings perfectly. Thank you again Yuliya for all your hard work and for capturing the magic moments in our lives! We must say that the photo shoot has been the most memorable moment we had in our wedding!! We look forward to working with you again in the future!!!

2017-07-17T12:56:29 Response from the vendor

Vivian, thank you thank you for your kind words! You made my job so enjoyable and your entire bridal party was so fun to work with.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Caroline P

Yuliya is the absolute best!! Not only are her pictures incredible, but she is such a nice and easy person to work with. I really enjoyed having her as my photographer on my wedding day. She took all the necessary photos and then stepped back took amazing candid photos during... Read More the ceremony and reception. On top of that, she got all my photos back to me so quickly! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

2017-07-17T12:57:25 Response from the vendor

Caroline, thank you for having me at your gorgeous Chalkhill estate wedding! Many blessings to you guys on your marriage.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Ana R

Very professional, sweet person, and talented. You won't regret working with Yuliya, she's a gem. She captured our engagement pictures and wedding pictures beautifully.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Dina S

Yuliya is simply amazing!!! We had the most amazing experience with her on our engagement photo shoot! She is so easy to work with, she made it so comfortable and fun and at the end we were amazed at the photos we got!!! They were breathtaking and she captured every moment so... Read More beautifully! She was able to capture the sweetest moments that we will always treasure! We loved having Yuliya as our photographer and would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Shae R

We recently moved to California and wanted our engagement session to also show our family and friends where we live. When my fiance and I saw Yuli's work, we both fell in love with the quality of her photos. She exceeded our expectations - our pictures turned out... Read More phenomenal. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Willie W

Yuliya is an excellent photographer and I'd definitely recommend her. Both Yuliya and Vitaliy (her second shooter) had a great sense of humor and made everyone feel at ease. Our photos were filled with laughter and great candid shots. She gave good direction on posing and also... Read More requested shot list to make sure to capture all the photos we wanted. She helped guide our wedding day and made sure we stayed on schedule for events as well (which was not her job, but she definitely helped us along!).

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Victoria C

After many hours and days of searching for the perfect photographer, we found Yuliya. Immediately after our first conversation, I knew I wanted to book her. She was easy to talk to, genuinely kind and extremely responsive. Yuliya was very flexible during our engagement... Read More session. We went to four different sites and changed multiple times. We both felt completely comfortable and had a great time. Yuliya gave many helpful tips and we met up with her for coffee beforehand. Everyone at our wedding complimented how great and professional our photographers were. Her second shooter was her friend Vitaliy. We loved working with both of them and our photos came out amazing. I love her attention to detail and quality of her photos. I'd highly recommend her without any reservations.

2017-07-17T12:58:26 Response from the vendor

Victoria, you guys were so awesome to work with. Thank you for having me part of your beautiful wedding in Morgan Hill.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Michelle G

Working with Yuliya was amazing. She captured both my engagement and wedding photos more beautifully then I could ever imagine (and I have high expectations!). My grandmother who was wedding photographer for 20+ years was blown away by Yuliya's skills at getting the shot without... Read More disrupting the moment, and coaxing people in a fun way to enjoy portraits. Yuliya is a pleasure to work with, and I couldn't think of anyone better to trust your special day with! Love her! I am left with memories that have been so beautifully capture it is above and beyond and of the wedding blogs I had been stalking before hand.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

We had a mixed race indian wedding. The photos came out amazing. We were super thrilled. The color shots popped and the black and white images were processed with bright whits and deep blacks.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Ty-lin G

Yuliya was a blessing. She knew exactly what to do and how to make our once in a lifetime day one we would never ever forget. She not only became our photographer but our friend in the process. Her beautiful sweet smile and kind words just makes you light up when shes capturing... Read More such beautiful moments in your life. Her work is perfect and so precise. She takes the time to make photos you'll never forget. She made our elopement so special and our photos have been the talk of the town thanks to her amazing gift as a photographer. I was so lucky to have found her and she was the only and first photographer I contacted in California. Man did we get lucky, we hit the jackpot with Yuliya. If you're looking for the best photographer in California or even anywhere in the world Yuliya is the greatest.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Grace N

We had Yuliya visit us in Switzerland and take photos of us in our hometown Basel. This was our second shoot with Yuliya (the first one was in SoCal) and we loved every moment of it! Yuliya helped us pick out our outfits for the shoot, directed us into most flattering poses... Read More and just made it a really fun experience for us. Our photos from both shoots that Yuliya did for turned out amazing! She definitely knows how to capture the perfect shot, and on top of that, she's extremely kind and positive, and she'll make you feel like a superstar!

2016-05-19T19:42:15 Response from the vendor

It was so wonderful to do a shoot for you guys in Europe! Thank you so much for hosting me, I will be frequenting your part of the world from now on. ;)

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Jeannine T

From the first time I spoke with Yuliya, she was amazing! She is such a thoughtful, caring, kind and beautiful person inside and out that I felt like I had hired one of my friends I had known for years to photograph our wedding. Her calm yet take charge demeanor helped to make... Read More the timing of our day flow perfectly while we felt happy and relaxed. Her personality was not all that impressed...when we received our pictures just a short time after the wedding we were blown away! I have received so many compliments on our pictures! We could not be happier to have Yuliya be part of such a special day for us and help to capture every moment of it perfectly.

2016-04-14T18:23:47 Response from the vendor

Your wedding was so sweet, personal, and intimate, I couldn't have spent that perfect summer day with any other couple! Can't wait to celebrate many more sweet occasions in your lives together with you.

Yuliya M.

My name is Yuliya, of European descent and with my heart left in San Francisco. Besides being a wedding photographer, I'm a musician, an avid coffee shop goer and a lover of big cities. "Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life..." is a quote by Mark Twain displayed on my desk. I love early mornings, wardrobe styling, beautiful light and the busy street corners of New York. Contact me today to capture your day in style! I split my time between city weddings and wine country weddings in the Bay Area, Napa-Sonoma, Monterey-Big Sur, and Italy-France, abroad.