Pianist For Parties - Sharon Planer

Twin Cities, Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Cloud, & Cental MN

Passionate to create a beautiful musical setting!

Sharon has the 'KEYS' to make your event sparkle with music! Pianist Sharon Planer loves to design her music to capture the theme and mood of your event. No piano? No problem! Contact Sharon and you will experience why she was voted BEST CEREMONY MUSIC the past two years by Readers of Minnesota BRIDE Magazine!

Instruments

Harp, Keyboard, Piano, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Folk, Jazz, Pop, Celtic, Latin

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

2828 University Ave SE, #150, Minneapolis, MN Twin Cities, Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Cloud, & Cental MN (612) 845-1970
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Anne N

Sharon was wonderful to work with! We had a small wedding at Como and her lovely piano music added so much to our day. We had the opportunity to meet with her beforehand to pick out music and hear some selections, and she had wonderful ideas for which pieces would work well... Read More together. She was easy to be in contact with before the wedding to double check on the selected pieces and where and when she should set up and play. I would highly recommend Sharon's piano playing at any event!

2017-05-10T18:59:54 Response from the vendor

Your intimate wedding in the North Garden was magical! Your request to have me play 'The Swan' as you gracefully made your way through the tropical garden to the front seemed to be in harmony with sacred and lush setting of garden. May your love... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kimberly G

We can't recommend Sharon highly enough! We planned our wedding on relatively short notice and were so lucky that she was available. Not only was it a great experience to work with Sharon on the front end, but her performance at our wedding was amazing. We wanted a vocalist and... Read More she suggested her colleague Mary Pat Nydahl, she was a perfect choice! And just a note to all prospective brides and grooms, while Sharon and Mary Pat were definitely the consummate professionals, we also have to say, they were just a pleasure to work with because your wedding really is supposed to be special and fun and they definitely fit the bill!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Christina B

It was an absolute honor and privilege to work with Sharon—she's simply the best! Sharon is incredibly kind, thoughtful, detail-oriented, organized, and amazingly talented. From our first contact right up to our wedding day, Sharon was so easy to work with. She's so thoughtful... Read More and detailed that she will think of things that you as the bride didn't even think of :) I was nervous about a few of my other vendors following through, but I never once worried about Sharon. As if all this isn't enough, Sharon even learned new music for our ceremony. Thank you, Sharon, for making our ceremony amazing! It meant so much to hear these special songs played on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Jennifer T

Words cannot express how amazing Sharon and Serena were at our wedding hosted at Nicollet Island Pavilion, 3-12-16. Sharon was extremely helpful in our selection of music, making sure we had the right songs for our wedding. She was easy to work with and very accommodating.... Read More With three singers coming from different locations, she was able to meet with them to go over their different songs. Overall, it was a great experience and we were happy they played on our special day. We would recommend Sharon and Serena a thousand times to anyone needing a musician.

2016-12-12T14:02:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. Your wedding was stunningly beautiful! Serena and I were delighted to provide harp and piano music for your wedding ceremony and cocktail time. Your musically talented friends certainly helped to make your wedding special. We felt honored to accompany... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Caitlin G

Sharon played our wedding ceremony and cocktail music on 10/8/2016. She is so kind and pleasant to work with. She offered suggestions during our initial meetings but ultimately deferred to what we wanted for our special day. She is timely, professional, courteous - the list goes... Read More on and on. If you are looking for beautiful music and reliability for your special occasion, look no further than Sharon!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Ashley S

Sharon Planer Pianist It was a pleasure to work with Sharon. We booked her play our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding at Semple Mansion. We had a good idea of the music we wanted and she was very willing to work off our requested list. She also got new sheet music... Read More to learn a song she previously did not know. I felt her prices were fair, her communication was prompt, and her service was highly professional. After showing initial interest, she was very helpful and sent us some of her music to listen to and suggestions for popular music during our event. We also met with her in person to plan out the song selections and we got to hear her play the songs, which was an added bonus. The piano music was beautiful and I would recommend Sharon for anyone looking to add a pianist to their special event!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Andrea P

Sharon is a very talented and thoughtful pianist who was wonderful to work with from start to finish! I especially appreciated all of her prompt and detailed email communications. During our planning session several months before our vow renewal she played many songs for us to... Read More listen to which was very helpful in making our final song selections for the ceremony and cocktail hour. She took the time to listen to our ideas and provided musical expertise and guidance which was very helpful. On the day of our celebration she arrived at the venue well in advance to setup her pianos and worked seamlessly with our officiant and other vendors. We even received a lovely card in the mail from her after our ceremony! We were thrilled that she was a part of our celebration and would highly recommend Sharon without hesitation to play for your wedding or special event!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Philip R

Sharon did a fantastic job playing our wedding! She met with us a couple times before our wedding and made her schedule work with whatever was best for us as we were obviously busy planning the rest of our wedding. She listened to the general ideas/theme and music selections... Read More we wanted played during our wedding and was able to make additional recommendations and provide some ideas to make it all work. We had a few unique songs that we wanted played and Sharon went above and beyond by purchasing the sheet music for these songs and learning them before out wedding day! She met with us again to play all the music to make sure it was what we envisioned. I can honestly say that Sharon exceeded what we were hoping for and we received numerous compliments from our guests. I could not recommend Sharon more! She was so kind and willing to do whatever it took make out wedding vision a reality! -PR

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Lauren S

Sharon played for my wedding in February of 2016. She was so easy to work with! We met at my venue to go through songs, and she made some really nice suggestions, which was great, because I wasn't really sure what I wanted! She and the Violinist played beautifully at our... Read More wedding and the post-ceremony cocktail hour. I would HIGHLY recommend her! Thanks again Sharon for making our day so special :)

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Maria E

Sharon was very organized and professional from the very beginning. We greatly appreciated how she conducted her business. Upon meeting her, we knew she was perfect for our ceremony musician choice. She seemed to understand our vision perfectly and played beautiful selections... Read More for us. She learned a beautiful version of the song I wanted to walk down the aisle to. We received many good words about her playing for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Sharon was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Juliana S

Sharon did such a great job! She was so detailed and precise from booking to the end of our big day. She made everything flow so well and made my life WAY easier on our wedding day. We would recommend her again and again!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Jennifer C

Sharon did an excellent job as a pianist for our wedding. She was very talented and willing to accomodate with our song requests. She helped us plan our ceremony and was very experienced as a pianist for weddings! Her organization and thoughtfulness made our ceremony planning... Read More stress-free. We would definitely recommend Sharon.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Meg W

Sharon was simply wonderful at our wedding ceremony! We had a few ideas for our music but needed help filling in some of the blanks and Sharon was perfect at guiding us through our choices. She knew the right questions to ask to steer us in the right direction without taking... Read More over or making it feel like our opinions were getting lost. She plays beautifully, everything from classical to contemporary, and even learned a new song that was special to us for the processional. She worked with our wedding planner and officiant to get all the timing down, she handled all the arrangements herself so we didn't have to worry about a thing on the big day - a complete professional from beginning to end! Thank you, Sharon for helping to make our wedding day so beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Molly P

Sharon was wonderful! She was great to work with through the whole process and she was always very responsive. She played very beautiful music and it made our day very special!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Carissa M

Sharon is such a warm, sweet, talented woman! Sharon was my pianist for my outdoor wedding. When I started wedding plans, I was out of the country so Sharon and I had kept in touch through email, which wasn't a problem. It turned out she had visited the same country I now live... Read More in, so she sent pictures of when she was there. I thought that was very cool. Sharon will go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. The day of our first meeting, she went over to my wedding venue and took pictures of where her piano would go. Her piano playing is so beautiful I was holding back tears during the meeting. She learned a new piece of music for my bridal march which was also very impressive. She gave all of her music information to our officiant so that was very helpful when we wrapped up things with him. I am so happy we worked with her, she was so helpful and nice. We will miss her!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Alexis T

Sharon did an amazing job at our ceremony! The music was perfect for our venue space! And she met with us before the wedding and went over all her music which helped us a ton when selecting songs! She did a great job!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Megan G

Sharon was completely professional and played beautifully! She had a huge selection of music to play on our special day and was very helpful in helping us decide. She also sent a sample CD when I first contacted her and already had most of my music selected. She was so... Read More professional and very organized. She had all the details typed up and emailed to me to help me plan how the day would be. She also was in contact with my officiant and they worked out all the details amongst themselves. She was always early to ever appointment and always prepared. We were so lucky to have Sharon!! She took all the stress away for the day. So many guests commented on how beautifully she played both during the ceremony and during the cocktail reception. I cannot say enough good things about Sharon!!!

Rascal87

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Samantha C

Sharon is awesome! She plays the piano beautiful. She is awesome to work with and had no problem implimenting my requests. She worked with my sister who sang for our wedding and even came early to practice with her before the wedding. She's awesome!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 1/14/2014 Mary B

Sharon played beautifuly. The music was wonderful. She let us pick out the songs we wanted and gave us options of songs to fill up the time. She was great. Very nice woman. Would highly recomend her to anyone!!

Very professional and a top-notch pianist

Reviewed on 7/04/2013 Caroline T

Sharon was my first choice as the pianist to play during our ceremony. She did a wonderful job; she even learned some Italian pieces to play, since we were were doing a cross-cultural Italo-American wedding ceremony. The guests were very impressed with the music Sharon played.... Read More She did a very good job at working with the other musicians who collaborated with her. In all, I would highly recommend Sharon for wedding ceremony or reception music. Very friendly and easy to work with.

Wonderful Wedding Day

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 erika w

Thank you Sharon for being reasonably priced and organized in planning and playing music on our wedding day. The music was beautiful and we appreciated your reliability. We met once early in the summer to talk through the ceremony and you were there on a cool fall day to perform... Read More without any concerns. We had a wonderful wedding day and would recommend your services to anyone!

GigMasters Verified Review - Minneapolis, MN

Reviewed on 6/13/2012

Sharon was a gem for us! She was so helpful, so easy to talk with, so easy to plan with, so much fun to work with. She did all the things she said she would do for our daughter's wedding reception. And she smiled and appeared to have the time of her life while doing it at the... Read More reception! What great luck on our part to find her. If we ever do something like this again, she will be called first! Actually, we may have her come and play some tunes for us in our own home, just to hear her 'tickle the ivories'! What a delight Sharon was, and is.

A great Pianist

Reviewed on 3/08/2012 Kaitlin G

Sharon Planer, from Pianist for Parties, was an excellent! She provided beautiful music to our ceremony and cocktail hour. We came to know Sharon through our venue, The Minneapolis Golf Club. She was recommended to us and I am so happy we decided to go with Sharon! If you want... Read More insure beautiful piano music for your wedding/event, don't hesitate. Call Sharon Planer!

Sharon was GREAT!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2010 Jessica D

We found Sharon online through "Gigmasters" website and her personal site. We contacted her 3 weeks before the wedding and she was available and affordable. She gave us a complimentary consultation and played some music for us and sent us her demo CD for free. She was very... Read More accommodating at the ceremony and was all about making it the best day possible for the wedding couple. I would highly recommend her for any ceremony if you want a pianist for your wedding!

Sharon Planer

Winner of Best Ceremony Music at MN Bride Magazine 2015 & 2016 ! Planning your Twin Cities wedding and event music couldn't be easier! Sharon has the 'KEYS' to make your event sparkle with live music! Choose from a full repertoire of piano music for your wedding ceremony or reception in the Twin Cities, Minneapolis, St. Paul, or beyond! Add musical flair to your Groom's Dinner or Rehearsal Dinner with the musical artistry of Sharon Planer.