Piazza Events - Two Locations: Mckinney & Colleyville

Colleyville, TX

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

If you want a wedding celebration that takes elegance to unbelievably breathtaking heights, then The Piazza could very well be the locale of your dreams. This award-winning venue actually has two locations: The Piazza in the Village and The Piazza on the Green. Located in Colleyville and McKinney, Texas, both settings emphasize intricate beauty and spectacular backdrops.

Wedding photos look amazing, thanks to high ceilings, premier construction and numerous locales. Capture the bride's exquisite beauty among Mediterranean-style columns or use the open-air courtyard for romantic and humorous photographs. Each location offers a magnificent chapel for wedding ceremonies, two ballrooms for unforgettable receptions and outdoor spaces for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

The chapel. This space seats 275 guests in traditional pews made of solid ebony oak. It's hard to describe the overwhelming grace and style of this space without seeing it in person, but the more than 200,000 glass crystals that make up the space's immense chandeliers and light fixtures should give you an idea. Add to that vaulted ceilings, vintage columns and cracked-glass windows and it isn't hard to imagine why newlyweds rave about this place.

Rows of candles light the way to the altar, creating a regal ambiance. Church bells ring to commemorate the joyful occasion and balconies provide a place for the married couple to wave to friends and family and pose for unforgettable photos.

The grand ballroom. This area is the larger of the two ballrooms and has space for 275 seated guests for the wedding reception. This room is a ballroom in every sense of the word, with exquisite beauty and a touch of mystique. A large wood dance floor completes it perfectly. Professional lighting brings the entire space to life in the color of your choice. Curved crystal chandeliers adorn the ceiling throughout, while monogrammed letters float across the walls. Large circular tables accommodate about 10 guests per table, allowing for animated conversation throughout the evening.

The Village Ballroom. This space has a distinctive ambiance that takes the traditional flair of the ceremony and mixes it with a chic vibe that lets both newlyweds and guests start to relax and get ready for a night of dancing and entertainment. Cascading chandeliers and soft draping delight the senses and the dance floor gives everyone a place to get their groove on in style. This space can hold up to 150 guests for a seated reception and for added comfort, a separate bridal suite lets the bride touch up makeup or change into a stunning evening dress. There is even a lounge where guests can sink down into a soft leather couch to rest their tired feet. Professional lighting personalizes this room as well.

The courtyard. The courtyard is a pleasant open-air space at The Piazza in the Village, reminiscent of an actual Italian village. Beautiful architecture, soft lighting and a classic fountain create a soothing atmosphere ideal for conversation and playfulness. Outdoor photos also shine in this space.

The outdoor areas. These spaces at The Piazza on the Green offer the couple a verdant landscape for photographs and peaceful strolls. They also make an excellent backdrop for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Lush trees and views of the golf course and the sunset are a bonus to any wedding celebration.

The Piazza's locations are beyond exquisite. The goal of the staff is to make everything happen exactly how you expect. Their service extends beyond just providing you with a venue, as they also help with the planning. The Piazza handles reception catering and create custom menus, depending on your personal tastes. Food allergies and similar dietary restrictions are no problem.

Outside catering is permitted. To coordinate your decorations, floral arrangements, DJ services and live entertainment, it's important to speak with the events coordinator for a list of do's and don'ts, as well as unique recommendations.

The Piazza offers the bride and groom a ton of technological amenities, both in the chapel itself and in the ballrooms.

• Three live cameras capture the ceremony
  • Two large screens in the chapel for guests
  • Live streaming across Internet
  • Digital black baby grand piano in chapel
  • Large screens in ballrooms
  • Disco ball

Ceremony and Reception Venue

The Piazza boasts two exquisite wedding venues, Piazza in the Village, Colleyville TX and Piazza on the Green, Mckinney, TX. Each location has a beautiful chapel, two unique ballrooms and spacious Bride and Groom's suites. Live web broadcasting of your ceremony is perfect for your out of town family. Book your tour today! Piazza on the Green, 214.383.2500. 6200 TPC Drive, Mckinney, TX or Piazza in the Village, 817.520.0026 77 PIazza Lane, Colleyville, TX, See featured Venues for more details.

Ballroom

Food + Catering, Planning

77 Piazza Lane, Colleyville, TX (817) 520-0026

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Bindu J

We had our wedding here on 9/9/2016 and it was wonderful! From the day I went and visited the venue it was a very easy process. My coordinator Debbie was the best! She was so nice and patient with me and helped me every step of the way. I never had to wait for a reply on an... Read More email or a phone call. All of my guests have complimented everything from the gorgeous venue, the lighting, and especially the food. I have a couple of people that want to host their weddings there now! I could go on and on about how wonderful and seamless the evening was. I would recommend this venue to anybody who wants a stress free wedding done with elegant and class.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Damien D

We visited many venues (standalones, large hotels, church and etc.) and we always came back to the same 2 Piazza venues (McKinney & Colleyville) because we never experienced the same level of attentiveness, professionalism and guidance elsewhere! Plus, the amenities are amazing... Read More and they really thought of every small detail for the wedding. The flow of the whole wedding from start to finish would be flawless with everything, every activity in the same area. We showed our parents pictures we took of the places, and they all loved how elegant and refined Piazza in the Village and Piazza on the Green both are. The pricing is also so reasonable because of the all-inclusive nature of the venue. It would normally take my fiance a long time to calculate and decide on a big purchase, but he was sold the first day! We ended up choosing to go with the McKinney location (Piazza on the Green), and Robin has been the most supportive, responsive, kind, professional and collaborative since the start. We feel so lucky to find Robin and Piazza on the Green! We would recommend her and the Piazza enthusiastically and wholeheartedly to anyone who are looking for a venue that has a chapel and 2 ball rooms to choose from. We just locked in our date, any we look forward to working with the company for the next many months!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Kristie D

We had our wedding at the Colleyville location on 7/24/2016, and we were very pleased. We worked with Lorna in our initial tour and signing of the contract, and she was absolutely wonderful and made everything as easy as she could and was very flexible in getting our rehearsal... Read More scheduled. Terrie, our wedding coordinator, was absolutely AMAZING and made sure that my husband and I were well taken care of. It is a beautiful venue in all areas and your guests will think you spent a lot more than you really did because they have thought of every little detail you can imagine. They are flexible with the menus and will work with you on special meals when there is a need. The only reason I did not give them 5 stars is because our wedding was delayed 20 minutes due to a staffing mess up, which definitely added some stress, but they did what they could to make up for it. You will not be disappointed if you chose this venue.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Jenise M

We had our wedding at Piazza in the Village on July 3, 2016. The chapel and ballroom is stunning, the owner was very helpful in helping us to select our beverage option, and the chef did a fantastic job in customizing our menu. We received so many compliments on the food and... Read More everyone was asking us who was the chef! The video we received from Piazza of the ceremony was of high quality! Our bridal captain was also very sweet and helpful! My husband and I are very happy that we chose the Piazza. I was able to live out my fairytale wedding!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Madeline D

Piazza in the village is a beautiful venue! I love how they make everything so easy. After we signed the contracts I wanted to change something's around and Lorna was so sweet about everything. I highly recommend this venue if you want a stress-free wedding!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Bianca J

The Piazza in the Village was beyond amazing. Our wedding coordinator, Mckenzie, was extrnemely detailed and helped us with every situation that arose. Our wedding day was seamless and breathtaking. The venue was affordable and the food was delicious. We tried something... Read More different and had a morning wedding with Brunch and Mimosas. I could not have asked for a better wedding and venue. Thank you Piazza!!!