Piazza on the Green

Mckinney, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Ceremony and Reception Venue

The Piazza boasts an exquisite chapel, two unique ballrooms and spacious Bride and Groom's suites. Live web broadcasting of your ceremony is perfect for your out of town family. Remember to visit our second location, Piazza In the Village in Colleyville, TX

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100

6200 TPC Dr., Mckinney, TX (214) 383-2500
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/21/2016 Shequitta K

I have so much to say about this place but will keep it brief. Overall it was the best decision I made regarding my wedding (outside of my groom...lol) Appearance: This place is amazing. I toured both locations and this review is for both. From the crystal chandeliers hanging... Read More from the ceiling in both the chapel and the ballrooms to the amazing lighting bouncing off each wall in the entire building. Its like a fairy tale setting for your dream wedding. The bridal suite and grooms suite aren't lacking either...they even have a sports package and gaming system for the guys. There is absolutely NOT ONE BAD thing I can say about the appearance and character of this venue. Its simply breathtaking. Bang for your buck?: Absolutely. I am always trying to cut cost. I made all of the invitations, decorations/favors that I could make for my wedding. So when it came to the venue I looked for the best deal. Hands down the Piazza is the best deal. It includes so much that other venues don't like table linens (cutely folded napkins) up lighting, your initial shining on the wall, chavari chairs, centerpieces, 2 uniformed officers and A PLANNER. That is a big plus. Most planners are there to simply make sure you don't ruin their venue but not at the Piazza. This is the real deal planner. She did anything I asked and I met with her as much as I did my hired planner. Honestly, you don't need to hire a day planner if you book with the Piazza Food: Amazaballs! So food and budget were my two main concerns. I tasted the food at both locations and fell in love. I am a very picky eater so I knew that if I liked it the guest would. I was a little nervous that it may come out cold or even taste different at the wedding but I was wrong. Our guest were raving about the food and how it was hot when it came out. I didn't even have to ask them...they were coming up to me during the reception saying "this food is gooood!" lol. As of today I have 13 text messages on my phone discussing the food. I wonder if they remember anything else. lol Staff: Ok so what sealed the deal for me was the staff. Heather ( the owner) took her time to explain the cost and work numbers to fit our budget. She was overly concerned about making our day as perfect as possible. I later met her brother who is also the owner and he treated us as if we'd know each other for years. Every time I called with a question (I had a lot of) or to make a payment I was pleasantly greeted. No one was ever rude or in a rush to get me off the phone. I had one request which they had never done...I wanted my entrance to include fog. They made it happened-thanks to Craig and Tamara. Both spent countless hours making sure my entrance was perfect and it was! Tamara was the planner assigned to my wedding. She was so amazing that I now wanna call her my best friend. LOL. Seriously, her personality was phenomenal. I felt so at ease with her around that I asked that she stay in the back with me before my entrance and requested everyone else to leave. She made my day amazing. The Piazza is a much better place because of Tamara. She truly enjoys her job and goes above and beyond to make your day exactly what you imagine it to be. She was accessible at all times (at night, in the morning, on her days offs...AT ALL TIMES) and gave me her cell number to make sure I could call her whenever I needed her. She's patient, kind and full of love, Exactly what GOD requires of all of us. Thank you Tamara. I'll miss you.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Jenny L

BEYOND AMAZING!!!! I just had my wedding at the Piazza on the Green in October 2016. It was more incredible than I ever imagined!!! They fulfilled every one of my heart's desires and beyond!!!!! It was the BEST AND MOST BREATHTAKING WEDDING!!! I highly recommend the Piazza on... Read More the Green!!! Everything on our day was seriously incredible!!!! They are so organized, plan for every single thing, and execute it all beautifully, professionally, and smoothly. All of our guests and family are still taking about our wedding and the amazing food. They thought about every little detail and made it excellent. They do not just plan your wedding, but they get to know you and what you want, and they do everything they can to make it so special. Needless to say the venue is breathtakingly gorgeous - candlelight, chandleiers, the decor, linens, the amazing chapel, etc. It was such a joyous time and they made it even better!!! They are the best!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tori R

Piazza on the Green was an amazing choice for our wedding venue. We originally chose it primarily for it's convenient location, but were won over by their great service. They went out of their way to make our wedding exactly what we wanted, even when I changed my mind about... Read More certain details very close to the wedding date. The food was very good as well. The number one reason you should book this venue is their coordinators. I had not heard of any other venue that offers a wedding coordinator in the package (you get multiple meetings, it's not just day of!) Ours, Shannon, was excellent. She knew exactly what she was doing and every detail in our timeline and decoration plan went off perfectly, and I had zero stress on the wedding day. Overall a great choice for your wedding!

Reviewed on 4/07/2018 Haleh P

We cannot say enough great things about the Piazza!! We initially went for our tour it was breathtakingly beautiful, and when we compared costs it came right on par with other venues we had toured in the area. An additional perk was location. The piazza is between several... Read More Mckinney, Allen, and Frisco hotels giving guests several options to stay. We wanted to try to save on decorations with our wedding and with the piazza we felt we were able to do so because the venue was already so amazingly beautiful and detailed!! We were able to have a good idea of food options from attending a few open houses, and we heard from several of our guests that they loved our food choices. They even made sure our bridal party was able to enjoy appetizers in between taking photos. Finally, Jami our day of coordinator was absolutely amazing!! Starting 90 days out she reached out to us mand literally answered hundreds of questions I had!! She was patient, thoughtful, and such a pleasure to work with. On the day of the wedding she took care of everything. From the minute we got to the venue to the minute we left we didn't have a single concern and everything flowed seamlessly . One final tidbit that I thought I wouldn't even care about was the cameras the Piazza has set up in the chapel. I was able to watch all the bridal party walk down the aisle from my suite which was so wonderful! After all the planning it was great to see it all take place prior to my own entrance.

Reviewed on 3/20/2018 Kellie N

I only have great things to say about this venue. My husband and I had visited many venues all around the DFW area but when we toured Piazza on the Green, we knew this was the place for us. From the beginning, the Sales Director, Robin Steyn was super helpful. She was very... Read More patient and quick at responding to emails. The ceremony area was absolutely beautiful with the huge chandeliers. It was so pretty on its own that I didn’t even need my florist to do anything. We pretty much left it as is except added the LED candles down the aisle. They also have cameras around for live streaming for guests that can’t make it to the wedding. The reception grand ballroom was BEAUTIFUL and spacious. It also had the huge chandeliers. We had 200 guests, a band with a stage, a huge kings table that sat 23 people and we still had so much room. The package included all the different lighting options so we didn’t have to hire another vendor for it. The great thing about the package we selected was it came with a wedding coordinator 90 days before the wedding. Nicole Garcia was ours and boy was she spectacular! We met 90 days prior and walked through beginning to end of how rehearsal day and our wedding day would go. We appreciate how detailed she was and she asked tons of questions that I didn’t even think of. She took charge the day of rehearsal and the wedding day and really allowed me to enjoy everything that was happening around me. I did not have to worry about a thing. Nicole and my captain Kelly made sure I was enjoying my day and not stressing. To this day, I still believe everything went smoothly. After the ceremony, we had to hurry up and take pictures with family and our party. They came in with a few staff members with the appetizers and drinks to make sure we ate and drank. After every picture, Kelly would come up to use and had us drink water. It really is just the small things that made this team so great. My husband and I really felt as though they genuinely cared about us. Food was a big deal for us. The great thing about Piazza is that they have many different open houses so we were able to try different appetizers and entrees before we even scheduled our tasting. They were also very accommodating to our requests. The chef was also very nice and was willing to make different things that were not on the menu. After the wedding, a few things our guests said they love. How beautiful the venue was, how the food tasted, and yummy the sangria and Champaign fruit punch was. They even mentioned how good the appetizers were and raved about the mini grilled cheese and tomato soup. The salmon and steak dishes were cooked to perfection! My family mentioned how not only the quality was great, but the quantity as well. They were shocked how big the plates were in compared to other weddings they’ve been too. Overall, this was the best decision we made. We would choose Piazza over and over again.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Amy B

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL VENUE! Our wedding day was perfect and we owe many thanks to the coordinators at the Piazza. The coordinator we worked with came down with the flu the week of our wedding, and Lauren stepped in flawlessly. Everyone was so nice from the time we toured the... Read More venue until after our wedding. We got the video of our ceremony two days after and I was so excited to watch it again (and again!).

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Courtney H

Thank you thank you thank you to Piazza on the Green for helping make my sister's wedding an absolute joy! This was the easiest bridesmaid's gig I have ever had, thanks to the help of the superstar Sheri and the other staff. Everyone went above and beyond to cater to our needs... Read More from start to finish. Well done!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Taylor S

Where do I begin? There could not have been a better place to start the rest of our lives together! We chose the Piazza for several reasons. It accommodated all our needs. The staff went above and beyond. The aesthetic is very elegant. It offers as much or as little as you want.... Read More The food was delicious. I could go on and on. Whenever we get invited to weddings here, we literally count down the days until we get to go back to the place we shared our first kiss as husband and wife! This venue is a dream and we are so, so happy with our decision!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Heather P

We chose the Piazza on the Green as our wedding venue for many many many reasons. It was a very intimate ceremony but we were also able to have an awesome fun reception as well. All employees at the Piazza was amazing. We had Debbie as our wedding coordinator who was phenomenal... Read More and I highly recommend her to any one. This place allowed me to have no stress what so ever while planning our wedding and I would chose/recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Talecia W

Recently had my wedding there on November 11th 2017 and it was the wedding of my dreams great Venue is amazing has a lot of perks. Jamie my wedding coordinator was very helpful making sure that everything I asked of for my special day was available for me. I would recommend the... Read More piazza to anyone you will not be disappointed if you decide to have your wedding there

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 amy H

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. My daughter got married here a few weeks ago and I will say it far exceeded my imagination. I had so many comments from my guests about the professional staff, the amazing food and the exquisite beauty of the venue. Above... Read More

all else I was absolutely impressed with how amazing Barbara ( the wedding coordinator/planner ) was. She was so helpful in every possible way from day 1 all the way until the end of the evening. She not only helped plan it all out with us, she offered ideas, suggestions etc without being even slightly pushy. She was respectful of our budget and the multiple opinions of our family involved in the planning. She kept us updated on every detail land reminded us along the way. When the weekend came she was amazing! She singlehandedly took charge ( without overstepping at all) and allowed me as well as my daughter and her husband to enjoy the evening we took so much tie to plan. Every move along exactly as she had said it would. There were no mistakes, no delays and every single person had an amazing time. I had guests call me after the wedding expressing how beautiful the venue was and how great of a time they had. Barbara is amazing at her job and truly will allow you to enjoy your time and visit with your guests without having to worry about how things are moving along. I have three more children to marry off and I have no doubt we will be there again in the future. Even my brother who is about to get engaged was so impressed I have a feeling he will have his there as well. Again I can't say enough about Barbara and about Piazza. The venue, the food and the staff are simply amazing! Thank you for such a memorable and wonderful wedding day !!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Victoria W

We had a fabulous experience at Piazza on The Green! The chapel is beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff were awesome! The wedding was perfect in every way.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Samantha G

My wedding was absoultly stunning The staff is AMAZING NICOLE my on site coordinate made my wedding the best day of my life and took care of all the minor details so I could enjoy my time. My guess had a blast and the food is awesome

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Tristen B

Piazza on the Green was an awesome place to hold pur wedding. We chose the smaller ballroom because the bigger one wad already taken. I had some concerns about all of my guests being able to fit and dance on the dance floor, but everything was perfect. The day of coordinator,... Read More Abbey, was nothing short of amazing. She met all of our expectations and then some! GIVE HER A RAISE!! The food is fantastic! Everyone was asking for seconds and if they could cater for other events! Choose piazza for your venue!! You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 brooke m

We had the pleasure of working with Sheri... She was so sweet and helpful. I highly recommend this venue. Everything was beautiful & the staff was prompt.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Danielle G

The Piazza has wedding planning down to a science! From the sales process to planning of every last detail for our big day, everything was extremely organized and enjoyable. Sheri was my on-site coordinator and I personally recommend her to anyone considering this lovely venue... Read More for their special day. She was very patient with us and even made my fiance (now husband) feel at ease through it all... which is hard to do. :) The chef and serving staff were also very attentive and made the experience even better. This place is top notch! Thank you Piazza on the Green for memories of a lifetime.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Jasmine H

Absolutely loved my entire experience with Piazza on the Green! Barbara toured us and she was so welcoming! This place was a little above our budget, but Barbara spoke with the owner and they were able to get us right where we wanted to be! She was so helpful and really made us... Read More feel appreciated. They also offer an on-site coordinator! We were blessed with Nicole! She was AMAZING! My day was perfect and it was because Nicole had everything in order and was so calm! My family spoke so highly of her, as she took the initiative to know and address each of them by name! And on top of the obvious, how beautiful the place is, the food was outstanding! Our guests are still raving about it ! The serving staff and the chef were all so very nice, as well! Great experience and I would recommend it to anyone !

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Rachel H

Beautiful venue and love how they handle everything! They have the schedule and everything down to a tee. Would like to get into the venue sooner, I didn't feel like I had a lot of time to get ready and use the suites.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Ronnie D

I got married here on 7/7/17 and I just love this venue. My wedding coordinator, Kim, was so helpful with the timing and planning of the whole night and she was such a pleasure to work with. This venue is pricey, but it is so beautiful and the food is so good. I like that you... Read More receive a copy of the live video feed of the ceremony. What sold me was the large dressing room (even though we only got an hour and a half time, so we got dressed at a nearby hotel) and the chapel and reception grand ballroom. I would recommend this venue to everyone.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Maria B

I was invited at the Piazza on the Green open house on 08/13/2017. The Chapel and the Venue was totally awesome, the food was so delicious and the staff was so nice and very helpful. I highly recommend this place for any special occasions.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Faith B

I cannot say enough about this place! From sales to the coordinator, the food, and anything else you can think of. We chose to do our rehearsal in the small ballroom, which turned out wonderful and made that part of the planning extremely easy. They have the whole wedding... Read More process down. I'm super laid back and just let our venue coordinators take over and she did amazing. All of my vendors had worked with the PG before which made my process even more simple! I highly recommend PG!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Emily Helvey

Very beautiful. The price you pay is mainly for the space, not the quantity of time you get to spend there. You are unable to adjust your timing of your event because they schedule events very close together. Not enough time for pictures before the ceremony. Felt very... Read More rushed, even though we did get in a little earlier than our scheduled time. Very hard to make it more personal for your "Big Day”. They like it to be very uniformed. We had a plated dinner. Food was excellent, but it took to long between the salad being served and the dinner to be served. Would have preferred a Buffet dinner. Would have had more time to visit with guest while one side of room is being severed, you visit with the other side and vise versa.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Lidia D

Piazza was amazing. The staff were so professional and helpful. It was a gorgeous venue and so beautiful. Highly recommend to anyone

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Georgina N

We jusr had our wedding two days ago. The venue was great as well as the food. Abbey mcconal was our coordinator and she was God sent. Abbey went above and beyond our expectation, her communication was excellent and she paid attention to detail. She really made our day special... Read More and was so patient and understanding with us especially as we were in the planning stages. Our regret tho was that we were not able to take as many pictures as we would have liked to at the chapel as unfortunately our officiator took longer in his sermon and we has to exit the chapel to allow for the venue to clean up and prepare for another wedding .overall though its a great place to have ur wedding.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Nicole E

Yes, a beautiful venue! Can't deny that ours looked like a fairytale wedding. Robin on the sales team was helpful, sweet, and had a great memory of everything we discussed. Food was delicious. There is a food and beverage minimum to meet, but with the prices, that won't be too... Read More difficult. Unfortunately, we were EXTREMELY disappointed with other staff. Tamara, our day of coordinator, made us feel uneasy from the start. From our first meeting, she seemed scatterbrained and insensitive (trying to reassure us that she does this all the time made us feel like our day was less important). She did not recognize us only a week after our 3 hour meeting. She forgot our names several times, misspelled them on documents, and confused family members (even though they were written on a cheat sheet in her hand!) during the rehearsal lineup. The day of the wedding, she didn't obtain a special bottle of scotch for the groom's suite even though she promised to do so, forgot to drop the projection screens during the ceremony, and exercised poor stress management (she was more stressed and frantic than the groom and me combined - at least try to pretend to be calm in front of us). We were told ahead of time that we were in charge of decor set up. Before the ceremony, several of our family members went to set up the reception decorations - and not once but twice did Tamara tell them that her and her team would take care of the set up. An hour later, aka 30 minutes before the beginning of the ceremony, NOTHING had been set up!! Family had to frantically scrambled to set up before the ceremony. We would highly recommend the Piazza to other couples with the exception of Tamara. If you decide to go with this lovely venue, demand a different coordinator.