Platinum Party Events DJ & Photobooth, Inc

Highland, NY

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

31 Penny Lane, Highland, NY (845) 345-4235

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Ruba B

Everyone had an amazing time at our wedding and a lot of it had to do with Laurie and Thomas at Platinum Party Events. The ceremony music was perfectly timed and our guests enjoyed the pre-ceremony music while they were finding their seats. The transition from ceremony to... Read More cocktail hour was seamless and we really appreciated the professionalism that they exhibited in making sure everything was in place. We had a relatively short reception that was behind schedule due to our ceremony running late and despite that, Laurie was able to make up the time and did not make the day feel rushed. We had our first dance "on the clouds" which was a great way to add something "extra-special" to our special day, Everyone got up and danced and generally had an awesome time, especially when an unexpected guest arrived...the dark lord of the Sith himself...Darth Vader! It really was a wonderful surprise and a memorable addition to the wedding that Platinum Party Events organized. We can't say enough good things about Platinum Party Events but we would like to take the time to say "Thanks! And May the Force be with you always..."

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Melissa C

Laurie and Tom of Platinum Party Events are amazing! We could not have asked for two nicer people to work with! Laurie was so helpful and she made everything so special for us! Laurie was also our officiant and I can definitely say there is no one better! We are s appreciative... Read More of everything you guys did for us on our day :-)

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Joanne A

Laurie and Tom are simply the BEST! My Husband and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ, offiant, or photo booth. From day one Laurie went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and everything was how we wanted. The website they offer was such an awesome tool to have... Read More because we were able to add or change songs and request different songs throughout the reception. At one point during reception I went up to Laurie and told her I forgot my garter and couldn't find it anywhere. She told me, no worries, and pulled out a bucket full of items that a bride/groom may forget on their wedding day. I was so impressed and happy that she saved my garter toss!! I could go on and on about how satisfied we are and will definitely use them in the future if I'm looking for these services again!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Ken L

Laurie is amazing. High energy and very personable. She rocked my barn wedding and got my guests on their feet and having a blast. She went over the top with some surprises that I will not spoil in a review. We could not have asked for a better DJ!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Rachel M

I loved Laurie! She was so helpful and very professional. She had wonderful ideas on different options for my big day. She was very accommodating in making sure that if she didn't have A song I needed, she would do her best to get it. Was never needed however since her music... Read More selection was plentiful! A pleasant bonus was the fact that everytime we chatted, it was like talking with an old friend! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect DJ!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Donna B

We hired Platinum Party events as our DJ & also rented the Photo Booth. Laurie was so helpful pre-wedding with answering all of our questions and even sending me some readings when i told her we were still working on picking out only a few weeks before the wedding. During the... Read More wedding she kept the energy up and had so many guests on our dance floor for the whole night. The Photo Booth was also a HUGE hit and the best part is you get an album of ALL the photo booth photos, which is great to look at after the wedding! Thank you so much DJ Platinum Party Events for making our wedding a memorable one!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Rebecca S

Where to even begin?? My husband and I could not feel more grateful to have had Laurie and Platinum Party Events by our side to have helped us celebrate our special day. From the first day of meeting Laurie at a bridal show, to our big day... she was there every step of the way.... Read More The moment we knew we had to go with Platinum Party Events, was when we attended a second bridal show, and Laurie remembered us, we knew we could count on her. Throughout our entire planning process she was there with tips, help and most of all friendship to help us celebrate such a special time in our life. As the big day approached, and we had already made our song choices, we needed to reach out to Laurie to add in a few more songs and without hesitation she agreed to them and welcomed them, which made us feel all the more welcomed to enjoy our wedding. Most of all, Laurie helped our event to turn out even more incredibly beautiful than we had imagined, because she kept all of our loved ones surrounding us on the dance floor all night long, because of the atmosphere she maintained for us. When we look back on our special day, it will not necessarily be about what colors we used or what food was eaten... but who was there to celebrate with us, and we will remember them dancing the night away with us. Even weeks later, my guests still rave about one thing... our DJ!! And that is because Laurie took the time to get to know us, to think of us and to celebrate us, and for that we are so thankful we chose Platinum Party Events. Laurie, we cannot thank you enough for making our special day so very beautiful!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Bonnie G

Laurie was great right from the beginning - extremely nice and very friendly - really seems to have a passion for her profession. We liked the website and the ability to put songs we wanted up, choose any special dances or events we wanted, or even songs we didn't want to... Read More hear. She contacts you regularly to see if there is anything you need leading up to the wedding day. The booth looked great and we received great feedback from our guests on the music. The timing on the music for the ceremony was as if we had practiced together. Would definitely recommend Platinum to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Robyn M

From the first day we met Laurie, there was no doubt she has a passion for what she does. The enthusiasm and excitement she expressed to even be a part of our wedding was impressive. My husband and I had a 1920's themed wedding and Laurie and Thomas both participated in dressing... Read More up with us! They went above and beyond for us and the best part was they kept the dance floor full all night! We're so happy we chose to work with Platinum Party!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Laura M

We are so glad we booked Platinum Party Events!! From the very beginning they made our experience great! Laurie is such an awesome person, and right from the very beginning we KNEW we made the right choice in booking her!! Laurie was so helpful throughout the entire planning... Read More process, and she really made us feel at ease. Our wedding day was amazing, and Laurie really knew how to get the party going! She really knows her stuff, and her music selections were on point! She always checked in with us up until our big day, and she really made our day extra special! We HIGHLY recommend Platinum Party Events if you are looking for a great time! Laurie goes above and beyond and you will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jennifer B

This DJ is the best around. We had almost booked another DJ when I met Laurie at a bridal show and knew that we wanted them to be our DJ for the wedding. They were amazing to say the least. Every month sometimes two times a month they checked in just to see how things were going... Read More and if they could help with anything. The day of the site visit was great! Laurie came out and looked at the property and helped my now husband and I visualize where things would be set up and took us step by step through the day. We were the first couple to use their new mirror photo booth and let me tell you it was a hit among our guests. My husband and I have been married for over a month now and people are still raving about the music and the photo booth and about all the fun that they had! During the wedding (since our venue was our house) we had a minor power glitch during our first song. I cannot tell you enough how much it meant to us that Laurie and her husband did everything to make light of the situation until the power was back on.They were amazing! The power came back on in a few minutes and we got to start our first song all over again which, come on, how many times do you get to dance with your husband to your song 😉 The props that were used during the reception right down to the very end of the night was just great! I loved seeing everyone on the dance floor. They even made my father-in-law very happy with a special song he wanted played 🙂 Overall I cannot thank them enough for everything that they have done for my husband and I. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to get married or even through a party here and there. They are such a wonderful couple and very professional and I can honestly say that our reception would not have been what it was without them. I really hate to think about how the reception could have turned out if I had never gone to that bridal show and met Laurie and we had the other DJ at our wedding! My Husband and I thank you for making our wedding day so special! From the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Danielle S

My fiance and I were referred to the company by friends and to say we loved them is an understatement. From the beginning they were helpful and wanted to make sure that our day was exactly how we wanted it. We live in the city, but the wedding was upstate. We were able to do... Read More everything by conference call and website. It was so helpful. Laurie reached out multiple times to make sure we were on track. The day of, they were more than accommodating & the day went flawlessly; mostly because of their organization and attentiveness to us! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jaime B

My husband and I got married at the Chateau in Kingston, NY on 9/24/16. It was a beautiful day with lots of love and delicious food to eat. All night long and the days after our wedding guests would compliment the beautiful ceremony, the awesomen music, and fun photobooth.... Read More Laurie and Tom at PPE provided all three as Laurie was our officiant and DJ and Tom ran the photo booth. From the first phone convo to the last moments of our reception Laurie and Tom were a sense of comfort. They went above and beyond to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. They felt like old friends from the get go and we couldn't be happier with the services they provided. Laurie made our ceremony so beautiful and special and was genuinely happy for us. The music had everyone dancing and the photobooth was such a fun addition. And to top it of their prices are very reasonable. We can't thank them enough for making our day so special and fun. We highly recommend them for any party needs!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Carolyn M

Laurie was our officiant for the big day and from the minute we first got on the phone, I knew she was going to be perfect. She is warm, thoughtful, and an absolute delight. She really took the time to get to know my husband and me and really understood our ideas. She was... Read More also incredibly helpful! She would check in throughout the entire process and even offered help in finding other vendors. Through her, we found our florist and videographer who were both outstanding. By the end of the process, Laurie felt more like a friend than someone we hired so we invited her as a guest to the reception. One of the best decisions we made!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Laurie and Tom were simply amazing at making our wedding the best day ever! Thank you both so much for all you did for us; have made life-long friends :) :)

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Sara G

Laurie and Tom were AWESOME! We are extremely greatful for their talent and professionalism on our big day. the dance floor was hopping and everyone in attendance had a great time. We will recommend them to anyone looking for a rocking good time with the best people you could... Read More work with. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts! Love you guys! Sara and Matt Szymanski

Reviewed on 6/06/2016

Laurie and Thomas were wonderful!! They were so helpful from the beginning and made our day great. Their experience and enthusiasm showed how much they cared about our wedding experience. The dance floor was packed from start to finish. Our guests loved the music and they helped... Read More our wedding be the best wedding most have ever attended. We highly recommend them for any event! Thank you Platinum Party Events for a once in a lifetime wedding!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Darlene S

Laurie was amazing for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. She made the whole experience easy and put my husband and I at ease that she was on top of everything. The online portal was a great way to get some songs we wanted played. We wanted a mix of music so this... Read More was a perfect way for Laurie to understand our vision. We loved our photo montage and everything about our night.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Laurie was perfect! We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. She was super responsive, super professional. She truly made our night exactly what we wanted. My wife want to trim our first dance song a little bit two days before our wedding, although it's close to... Read More the wedding and they had another two wedding event ahead of us. Laurie and Thomas still squeezed their time to help us to trim the song,also since most of our friends and family member came from china, Laurie spent a lot of times to learn how to pronounce their Chinese name correctly and she did a really good job! I would highly recommend Laurie and Platinum Party Events to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Absolutely amazing service! From start to finish they made us feel like their only clients. Helpful picking songs and suggesting where to fade things out. Even were able to help with aa last minute emergency that arose. Absolute delights to work with, would absolutely recommend

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Common G

Laurie was a total delight! She was so helpful in prompting us to pick out our special songs (first dance, pie cutting music, recessional/processional, anniversary dance - there were more than we realized!) and gave very thoughtful feedback as we tried to make those decisions.... Read More She was definitely able to comment on "what people usually do" (re: when such and such happens, who accompanies who) but also always emphasized that it was totally up to us, and we could do whatever we wanted! The wedding itself went beautifully. We felt like we were in good hands all night - Laurie's introductions were lovely and seamless, which let us just revel in the happy moments rather than worry about the order of events. It was the best day of our lives, and we were very happy that we hired Platinum Party Events to be an important part of it.

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Lindsey B

Everything went smoothly and Laurie was quick to step in and help guest with some of the line dance songs! I was really worried about no one dancing at my wedding and it wasn't an issue at all. Overall a great experience!!!

Hudson Valley DJ

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Tia G

Laurie of Platinum Party Events was the perfect DJ for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The online portal made planning the event very simple. We sent Laurie the types of songs & genres that we liked for each part of the wedding and she did the perfect job... Read More blending in the right songs. Our guests had an absolute blast and it made us so happy to see everyone out on the dance floor all night. Laurie's husband also took photos and videos throughout the next, which was a nice added perk! We would recommend Platinum Party Events to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

This was the best night of our lives!! Platinum Party Events was phenomenal - before, during, and after the wedding!! They had everything under control and were extremely professional! They did everything that we wanted and then some! I have never been more pleased!! Thank you... Read More guys for creating a magical evening that we will remember forever!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Amanda E

PPE was absolutely amazing. My husband & I were so happy with their overall service; we could not have found a better DJ for our wedding. One of our favorite parts about booking through PPE was their online account set-up. On our RSVP return card we left a song request line... Read More and we were able to post requested songs, not only by us but what our guests wanted to hear, and the dance floor was never empty!!!! I would highly recommend PPE.