Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Food + Catering

7201 West 91 Street, Overland Park, KS (913) 383-8800

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Erin H

Plaza Catering catered my daughter's wedding at the Madrid theatre. They did an excellent job. Jennifer worked with us and did a great job communicating throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding we had the Italian feast. We chose the Chicken Spiedini, penne pasta,... Read More meatballs etc.and passed appetizers during the flip. The food was delicious and we had many compliments. One man said it was the best buffet he had ever had at a wedding. The servers were very nice and seemed to convey that they enjoyed their job. I recommend Plaza Catering for weddings since they do such a good job

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Rachael Z

Plaza Catering was great! The wide selection of menus allowed us to build the menu we wanted, and it was great they let us do so many tastings so we could get exactly what we wanted. Jenn and Rolfe are both amazing to work with and help make sure you have everything you need for... Read More your big day!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Debbie E

I was not expecting to like Plaza Catering, but I had had another caterer back out on me so I gave them a shot. I was expecting to go to the tasting and just be able to cross them off of the list and move on to other potential caterers. But we walked in and Jennifer blew us... Read More away! We were so impressed with the food and service that we booked them that night. We also came back to book our rehearsal dinner with them as well. They delivered exactly as we expected and made sure that we had our to go meal as well as giving us all of the leftovers even when we were not expecting them. their servers were great - helped bride and groom through the line so that we wouldn't get food on my dress and did a great job with cutting and serving the cake.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Anna S

Finding a Caterer on my budget was a huge challenge. I figured I would have to go with a "cheap" option like HyVee or another grocery store. I'm SOOOO glad I found Plaza Catering! Not only did they completely work with my modest budget, but they beyond exceeded expectations! I... Read More came to our tasting very cautious and left beyond thrilled! Chef Rolfe was incredible!!! He did a tasting not only for me and my mom but also for my whole family (both sets of parents + plus bride and groom). He also let me change up the menu options and made me a dish to try out on the spot! His enthusiasm was infectious and he made the whole process incredibly fun. The pricing was phenomenal and even included a couple of appetizers. There was also no unexpected fees (unlike some horror stories I'd heard). They also took care of the cake and cutting. They also have a great reputation as Caterers and our venue was thrilled to work with them. And the staff the day of the wedding were a total delight! We felt like a King and Queen and our guests loved the food! Especially the chicken spiedini. We'd loved eating the left overs on our honeymoon! I can't say enough good things about Plaza Catering.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Megan H

We cannot say enough good things about Plaza Catering. Jenn is hands down one of the best in Kansas City. We had not a worry in the world about the food. Many of our guests said the food was phenomenal. We would highly recommend Jenn and Plaza Catering.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Hollie L

So perfect! We eat at the sit down restaurant for special occasions. We are familiar with the menu. My husband was in charge of picking a caterer for our wedding reception. He was kind of slacking so I called the restaurant and they connected me with Jenn. Jenn was great at... Read More putting together a custom Italian feast for 95 adults and 25 kids. Every part of our menu was delicious. One of my sisters ate the kids' Macaroni and Cheese, she said it was the best she'd ever had. Our attendant made my plate and brought it to my table. He was the sweetest! Plaza Catering will forever be my first choice. Our families enjoyed the food and we got many compliments and questions on who catered. Thank you everyone at Plaza Catering for making our first meal as husband and wife incredible.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Kady P

Plaza Catering catered our wedding reception and the food was amazing! Jenn and Rolfe took great care of us during the whole process and even let us come in twice to taste the food, just to make sure! We got to bring friends with us both times to taste and it was free! Everyone... Read More said how much they liked the food and appreciated the different flavors that just BBQ! I would highly recommend Plaza Catering for any wedding rehearsal dinner or reception!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Lizzie K

Our wedding food was EXACTLY what we wanted! We met with Rolfe and Jenn at Plaza Catering to do a tasting with my fiance and his parents and let me tell you, they will wine and dine you!! They were very accommodating and was able to make any request happen. I asked if it would... Read More be possible to do another tasting with my parents, since they live out of town, and they said to come back as many times as we need to to make sure it is exactly what we wanted. The chicken spiedini was so flavorful and tender and the pasta dishes were to die for. Since our reception was going to be later (7:30pm) we asked if we could change the appetizer option a "late night" food option. They said it would be no problem and they could make whatever we wanted happen. We ended up doing pizzas with different toppings and I had a special request for a gallon of ranch (for a ranch fountain!!) and they were able to provide that. They were very friendly, responded in a timely manner and I would recommend them to ANYONE needing a caterer for a wedding or any event. They are just great people in general!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Caitlyn S

Amazing food! Amazing chef & staff!! All my guest love the food and raved about the service. Easy to get a hold of and helped lessen any worry I had about the food for my wedding!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Katy A

We were given a list of available caters for our wedding from our wedding venue. We met with 2 of the 5. Jen from plaza was the second person that we met with and we were immediately sold! She was so wonderful to work with. We had a special request for a fall themed dinner and... Read More she created a special dinner for us and even drove to get us the cider that we requested! We could not have been more impressed with her professionalism, creativity and service, not to mention the food was wonderful!!! Excellent service, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Jennie B

We worked with the Kansas City branch of the business. And working with Jenn was a dream. She took the time at our tasting to learn about what we were thinking and to provide suggestions on menu options. We had selected a variety of options to try at the tasting beforehand,... Read More and everything at the tasting was so delicious, it was difficult to decide on our final options! It was an easy decision to book Jenn, though. Her prices were reasonable and we received high quality, delicious choices. During the planning period, she was very responsive and flexible with the small changes we requested. She provided us with ideas for how to set up our buffet because she was familiar with our venue and had seen it done a few ways. The cocktail hour and dinner service went very smoothly and we received several compliments on the food. Jenn's team did a wonderful job setting up our tables and making sure everyone had what they needed. The few servers I had the chance to speak with were very kind and happy, each working with a smile on their faces. We owe a huge thanks to Jenn and her Team for the role they played in our event, and strongly recommend them for yours!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 April R

Our venue gave us slim pickings for catering vendors. but honestly I think that we still ended up with a grway company usung Plaza! Jen was amazing to work with, found a way to say yes , flexible and affordable.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jen G

Our food was absolutely perfect. Everyone kept commenting on how good the food was and how there was always enough! We went with the Italian Menu through Cinzetti's, and Rolfe was beyond awesome. Affordable, accommodating and so easy to work with! The food was one of the high... Read More lights of the wedding for sure!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Ethan L

I had them cater through Hillcrest country club and this place is amazing. I absolutely love Plaza Catering!!! The minute we met Jenn (who coordinated everything food for us) we fell in love with her! She sat us down for a tasting, and offered so many extras. The food was great,... Read More every one of my guests complimented the dinner we had at our wedding. The other plaza catering employees made sure people's water never ran low, and were prompt about cleaning up and breaking down things. Their house salad is to die for. Thank you plaza catering for helping my wedding go so great!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Gina B

Plaza Catering (Rolfe especially) was without a doubt the best vendor we worked with for our wedding. From start to finish it was nothing but fantastic. We had several tastings for food and drink, and each was fantastic as Rolfe worked with our preferences. We got so many... Read More compliments about our food at the wedding, and we have to agree - it was great! Brides, this is the company to go with, for sure.

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Kurt B

Loved our food as did our guests! Mac and cheese was the best! Rolfe was easy to work with and very accommodating! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Brittney K

Plaza Catering was wonderful! We worked with Rolfe leading up to our wedding. He was flexible, reliable, and always extremely friendly. Rolfe was extremely helpful. He made the experience fun and easy. The food was fabulous. Our guests raved about the chicken spiedini.... Read More Everything was really good and there was a ton of food. Rolfe made our dinner perfect. He also provided all the linens. They set up all the linens and took them off at the end of the night. Everything looked great. I would highly recommend Plaza Catering. We have absolutely nothing but good things to say about Rolfe and Plaza Catering.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Jen V

We worked with Jenn at Plaza Catering for the buffet at our wedding reception and everything went great! The food was so tasty and the service was very good. She even let us do a kids buffet which was a hit with all the kiddos we had at our wedding! Jenn is a kind person,... Read More makes great food and is awesome to work with in planning a great event for your weddings guests!

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Jessica G

Our wedding day was fantastic! Everything went so smoothly. Jenn at Plaza was so great to work with all the way through. She was very responsive, listened to our thoughts and made great suggestions. Day of the food was A-mazing and we received so many compliments on it.... Read More Totally recommend!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Tamika B

07/25/2015...I must say that I was rather impressed with the selection and the pricing of the menu that Plaza Catering provided. Jenn was professional during consultations and was very flexible with us. My only dissatisfaction came from the food itself. The oeuvres were great,... Read More however the meal itself left much to be desired. We (the bride and groom) were serviced first. Our food was cold, our mashed potatoes were runny, and the beef was EXTREMELY tough. Since our food was served first and it was cold, it was hard to imagine what was given to the guests. Many of my guests also shared stories about the staff literally pouring mashed potatoes out of a pitcher and they asked what it was because they thought it was gravy. I feel bad even having to type that out as the service was great as I had high hopes however, I was deeply dissatisfied by the food.

Wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Jacqueline M

Jenn from Plaza Catering was absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding. We did our first tasting with Plaza Catering and tried some appetizers as well as many different entrees. I had my heart set on a butternut squash and bacon pasta dish with a browned butter sage... Read More sauce. I asked her if it was possible for them to make something not on their menu, and 10 minutes later she came back to our table and said there was butternut squash roasting in the oven and the pasta would be out in another 10-15 minutes. The week of the wedding she was so helpful. She contacted our venue to make sure they could bring the rental items (chairs and linens) the day before, and she even packed up leftovers for us after the wedding. She also made suggestions for the timeline of the wedding. This was all super helpful because we did not have a wedding planner. Everyone raved over the food, especially the pasta! I originally was worried about prices from them because their catering is connected with Cinzetti's in Overland Park, KS. Surprisingly, it was about the same as everyone else I had looked into, but the food was so much more amazing. What's nice about their pricing is it is all Inclusive, there aren't any added fees or anything. I would highly recommend them

Yummy!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Kassandra K

So happy we got to work with Rolfe for our wedding! He made it so easy and simple to work with. Lots of options and affordable. Would love to do business with him again for our next event!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Linda S

We got many compliments from our guests on how good the food tasted from Plaza Catering. We worked with Jenn on all the details of the food for our day. She was extremely patient with us and even let us come back for a second full tasting when we didn’t like the original sauce... Read More put on the steaks. The tastings were very generous and fun without any pressure at all to book. Jenn also checked with a local vendor to supply treats for a special surprise for our guests that we requested. She completely took care of this for us and worked with our reception venue to keep it a surprise. They also had one of the most affordable prices we could find and with great tasting, fresh food. They were recommended by our venue and definitely came through.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Jenna H

Jenn Wilson is wonderful to work with! We searched for a long time trying to find the best catering; Plaza Catering was it! The food was amazing! Plaza Catering also provided our desserts for us since we did a dessert bar instead of a cake. I was pleased with everything Jenn and... Read More her staff did for us. Everything was set up and ready for us when we arrived. They cleaned up quickly without even being noticed. Several guests commented on how delicious our food was and I agree 100%. Thank you so much for being a part of our special day!

Great service all around

Reviewed on 8/02/2014 Crissy M

Everyone raved about the food for weeks. Rolfe was such a pleasure to work with. I am gluten free and Plaza Catering was extremely accomodating to our needs.