Pleasantdale Chateau

West Orange, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Unforgettable Moments Await in a Storybook Setting

Once through the ivy-covered gatehouse, you are immersed in 40 acres of formal gardens, walking bridges, ponds and meadows. From the Grand Ballroom to the many historic rooms, the exquisite interiors of this historic estate evoke a timeless sophistication that cannot be reproduced elsewhere.

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Garden, Castle, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010

757 Eagle Rock Ave, West Orange, NJ (973) 731-5600

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Michelle A

I was fortunate to get married at this exquisite and unique wedding venue just 2 weeks ago. As soon as I went in to see the space, I knew a wedding here would be a fairytale (and be mind blowing to our guests too!). We were so blown away, we decided to do an ALL weekend... Read More wedding event here-rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception and a brunch on Sunday. From Friday-Sunday we were treated like royalty by their staff. Both sets of our parents, my husband, and I all had our own assistant given by the location-I have never seen this type of treatment at a wedding venue, let alone any venue for that matter. The execution of the event was FLAWLESS. The attention to detail was above and beyond, and they even surprised us to make things more special, which we didn't think was possible. Every staff member was out to please us and the delivery was EXCEPTIONAL, more than we could have dreamed of-not ONE mistake, nothing missed, and a staff that were willing to go over the top to have the weekend turn out absolutely PERFECT! We got our fairytale after all. Given it was a weekend FULL of activity and events, we couldn't believe how magical they made this for us and how they didn't miss a thing! We have been receiving phone calls and texts about "the wedding of the year" and how incredible they thought everything went. They too commented on the overall excellence of the staff, service and how Pleasantdale didn't miss a beat! For people to tell us that, we knew this place was one in a million, maybe even one in a billion! The only thing negative is that the weekend had to end, and these people became our family. We would recommend this venue for ANY type of event-they can handle anything! You will be overwhelmed with the amount of positive feedback you get and how special they make you feel. Don't waste your time looking elsewhere, because you won't find it better than this! And I know this because...in addition to being the bride for this weekend, I am also a full time event planner in NYC. I WISH every venue and company were this easy and amazing to work with-they are a DREAM on all accounts. We look forward to hosting another event for our friends and family again at this location. My husband was so pleased, he booked an event at his work in just a few months. WE CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Melissa K

The Pleasantdale Chateau was actually the last venue that we went to look at. We were ready to book another venue but I couldn't do it without taking a look at the pleasantdale and I'm so happy I did! Everything about it screams elegance . From the second we drove up the wooded... Read More path we knew this was the place we were going to get married. We met with Fred who was amazing in giving us a tour and discussing our options. When my husband looked at me and said I need to get married here was when I knew we would not be happy anywhere else. We booked that day and never looked back! All throughout the planning process Fred and Dawn were outstanding, answering every question this anxious bride had with professionalism and kindness. Fred and Santiago were wonderful in helping us pick a custom menu that was vegetarian friendly but still had something for everyone. We were a little weary about not doing a tasting but believe me the food does not disappoint. We are still hearing from out guests how outstanding the food was! The day of the wedding we were running late due to a long church ceremony and summer traffic, to say I was stressed out was an understatement. Santiago, our bridal attendants and the staff did an absolutely wonderful job in helping us get out pictures done, calming me down and making sure we had time to sample cocktail hour in the bridal suite. The entire night was flawless thanks to Santiago, he truly is the gem of the pleasantdale! My parents were so pleased that they had special seats reserved with perfect views of the dance floor, they even felt like royalty! The food was out of this world, the service was over the top amazing and the location can not be beat. If you're looking for a fairytale wedding look no further. This is by far the best wedding venue in New Jersey. We loved it so much we're going back for their yearly de ja vu event in February. Thank you so much to Fred, Santiago, Dawn and the amazing Pleasantdale Chateau staff for all that you did to help us have the most perfect fairytale wedding. It was truly more then I could have dreamed of!

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Tracie L

Extravagant and memorable...this was a one-of-a-kind wedding in so many ways, but The Pleasantdale organized everything down to the last detail making for a wonderful and stress free day! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Janelle G

This place will always have an incredibly special place in our hearts. We are still blown away .... Just over a year ago, after a long and unsuccessful day of venue hunting, my mom and I pulled up a windy, scenic driveway. We seemingly disappeared from the suburbs of NJ and... Read More pulled up to an image that I truly thought only existed in fairytales. The grounds are exquisite and when I walked into the ballroom, I was so overwhelmed with emotion.. I knew this was it! Over the course of the past year, Fred, Dawn and Santiago have been nothing short of amazing to work with. They have been attentive and accommodating every step of the way and helped me feel so at peace in all the madness of planning! Santiago was an incredible maestro on our wedding day- making sure everything went off without a hitch! He is amazing ... SO the big day! I was a wreck as everything was whirling around me... The team at Pleasantdale is so amazing that I get choked up thinking about it. My bridal attendant, Vira, was an absolute God-send. She was right there with me ALL DAY and knew what I needed before I thought to need it! Amongst a MILLION other things, she tied every one of our groomsmen's bowties, bustled my dress, carried my bouquet as we were taking photos, ran around like crazy if I needed anything at all. She worked so hard all day and I am so grateful that I had the pleasure of working with her. She was a huge part of our wedding being such a success. THE FOOD IS INCREDIBLE...we knew it would be from hearing it from people who've been here in the past. I wish we would have been able to do a tasting, not because we ever doubted the food but more because I feel like that's just such a fun part of the process and I didn't want to miss a bite! We ended up eating a little bit of each plate and then they packaged up the rest for us to finish later. People were going CRAZY over the cocktail hour... I found 2 family members sprawled out on the couch unable to move from how much they ate! For dessert, we did passed desserts which everyone is still raving about! It kept everyone dancing and the flow of the room moving.. Feedback from my guests- this was the classiest, most tasteful wedding they have ever been to! I couldn't be happier that I found my way up that long driveway last year... having our wedding reception at Pleasantdale Chateau was a magical experience we will never forget. I am so grateful to everyone who I worked with directly and who worked behind the scenes that helped make our Big Day such a success... We really do not feel that it would have been the same anywhere else!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Christina D

I had my wedding here on 10/14 and people are still talking about it 10 days later. The place is unreal, it makes you feel like you are in another lifetime, like old Hollywood. I truly felt I wasn’t in New Jersey in 2017, felt like a kid that had not one worry in the world. The... Read More Chateau had me living in the moment all day and night. It’s indescribable the energy this place gives off, I loved it and so did my guests. The staff and service is like nothing I ever experienced before. We truly felt like royalty during the process and on the wedding day. They go above and beyond to make you happy. Back up plans for the back up plan (I don’t even know if we needed any, they are that good at handling things) Their Primary Goal was us having the greatest day of our lives and they succeeded. All I had to do was show up, they have everything covered. The food is the best I ever tasted, Fred made sure we didn’t pick the generic wedding food so we could give the guests something to talk about and boy did they Rave over the fresh mozzarella station. I had a guest who is a real foodie, travels all over the world and said it was the best she ever had. Our Bridal party loved that they were able to stay overnight. Special shout out to VIRA, she was my attendant for the day and she really helped make my day a smooth and relaxed one. She helped me with EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. Handled everything with a smile! She held my drink, got me a drink, helped with my veil all day (holding it while I walked or stood) and my dress, sowed a bridesmaids dress on spot, I really think there was nothing Vira didn’t do or couldn’t do because she was THE BEST. I can’t thank her enough for all her help. Santiago was also AMAZING! Made things so fun and even helped with my hair before I walked out to be announced (Thank you!!😉) The passion he has for this business really shows and he just makes the day unforgettable. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for helping make my wedding to date, the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jessica L

No words describe how amazing Pleasantdale Chateau is. It's the most beautiful venue anyone will ever lay eyes on! When my husband (fiance at the time) and I first pulled up to Pleasantdale Chateau, we knew the search was over. As we extered through the spectacular chateau... Read More doors, we were warmly greeted. We briefly waited on beautiful and comfortable couches for our tour guide, Fred Fogg, director of sales and catering. Fred is the best salesman in the wedding industry! Fred is a true gentleman and a pleasure to work with. He is kind, attentive, accommodating, knowledgeable, the list goes on. He listens to your vision while putting his two cents it. Pleasantdale Chateau is situated on 40 acres, and Fred took his time showing us all 40 acres of the chateau. While giving us a tour of the chateau, he answered all questions we asked him, and welcomed us to continue asking questions. Once we were through with our tour, we were tempted to book our wedding, but we decided it's best for us to sleep on this. A few days went by and we couldn't stop thinking about Pleasantdale Chateau and how much we love it! We contacted Fred informing him that we would like to book our wedding at the chateau. We booked our Pleasantdale wedding and then started counting down the days till our big day. I planned most of the wedding and had many questions for Fred throughout the process. He answered all of my questions in a very timely manner, and even responded to my emails while on vacation. Pleasantdale Chateau treats my husband and I like family. We can't wait to go back to the chateau for "Deja Vu." This annual event is exclusive to Pleasantdale couples and their immediate families. It's an opportunity for the "Pleasantdale Family" to relive their Pleasantdale wedding. Pleasantdale understands that weddings go by too fast for brides and grooms, so they give them an opportunity to relive their special day. Everyone we worked on our weddng day with went above and beyond to be sure the day was running smoothly. Santiago, maitre d, was on fire! He did everything possible to make our whole day/night perfect! Camilla (my bridal attendant) and Vira (my husband's attendant) were the best attendants any bride and groom can ask for! They helped Santiago make the day perfect and didn't have us want for anything! Anything we wanted, they already took care of it. They thought of everything and all my husband and I needed to do was relax and enjoy. Our wedding was magical! We got married at the chateau, outside, in front of the pond. As we walked up the aisle when our ceremony concluded, Camilla and Vira were waiting at the end of the aisle with champagne for us. We were then escorted upstairs where there was a private cocktail hour for us so we could have a chance to eat. My husband and I are foodies, and we ate the most delicous food we have ever tasted! Pleasantdale even has their own farm, "The Farm at Pleasantdale." The private cocktail hour for the bride and groom is important because it's easy to not eat much at your wedding. Pleasantdale Chateau pays very close attention to detail. My husband and I will always remember how amazing our wedding was. Anyone who is looking to have an upscale, over the top wedding, look no further than Pleasantdale Chateau. Dates book up quickly so if you're considering having a Pleasantdale wedding, act fast. You won't regret it, but you'll regret having your wedding elsewhere. There is truly no venue like Pleasantdale Chateau!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Ilyssa C

All of the reviews are true. The Pleasantdale Chateau is everything. We visited a bunch of other venues but the consensus was always the same. No matter how great they were they would never be The Pleasantdale Chateau. Santiago is a gift. He truly makes you feel like you're the... Read More only bride in the world that matters, the best one he's worked with (although for me this may have been true 😜), and a friend. It's the kind of place that makes you realize that even if all your personal touches fail and the weather is a bust (none of which happened) it will still be the most beautiful most magical day of your life. I couldn't have have asked for more. Every single person I spoke to said it was the best wedding they've ever been to. They were completely right.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Cara J

Are there words left to describe how amazing this venue is?! My husband and I were married at Pleasantdale on July 2, 2017, and I can't sing the team's praises highly enough. Fred, Santiago and their team create magical experiences that leave imprints on everyone who gets the... Read More good fortune of being a part of them. Our wedding day was so special start to finish, and that is because they run the tightest ship anyone could ever hope to be on. (The Titanic would not have sunk if Fred and his team were in charge.) Truly, there was not a moment that was not anticipated, nor a hair out of place. Before my wedding, friends kept telling me "expect for things not to run perfectly, but try not to get caught up in that, it's all about what comes after, etc. etc." HA! They did not have their wedding at Pleasantdale, that is for sure. Everything was literally perfect (and if it wasn't, I certainly wasn't aware of it). The food was spectacular, the venue immaculate (you can't take a bad picture here), and the attendants were delightful (and incredibly attentive). Each vendor they recommended (if this is a route you want to go) was better than the next. Which leaves me with the food. I have received countless messages about how full my guests still are, but how they wish they could go back for more, and dream of everything from the Peking Duck rolls to the pulled mozz bar, to of course, the lamb chops. All of this to say, other venues do not hold a candle to PC. It is a truly special place and the industry experts they have in place ensure you have the most seamless and stress-free wedding planning experience you or your family could ever hope to have. They are worth every penny, and you will immediately be part of the PC family. I can't say anything nicer about our experience or everyone we worked with. Perfection start to finish. You won't regret it!!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Victoria S

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING. I really cannot adequately articulate how storybook, fairytale PERFECT our wedding day was. We were married at the Pleasantdale on June 3rd, 2017, and from the first moment we arrived on the property (nearly 2 years earlier), to the actual day itself, we had... Read More the most extraordinary experience working with the team at Pleasantdale. It is this incredible team of people at Pleasantdale that makes it THE best wedding venue, hands down. The service, attention to detail, and execution is absolutely INCREDBLE. Add to this the breathtaking aesthetic of the estate, the phenomenal menu, and wonderful accommodations – and you have just absolute perfection. Everything we could have ever needed, wanted, and then some, was taken care of by the Pleasantdale staff – often without us even having to think about it. We have received so many compliments about our wedding – people have unanimously agreed that it was THE BEST wedding they had ever been to. It was beyond worth every penny we spent. We worked with Fred Fogg from our initial visit, throughout the entire planning process, and just cannot say enough about how thorough and helpful Fred was to us – he really helped us to craft our absolute dream wedding day. Leading up to the wedding, and on the day itself, we had the pleasure of working with Santiago, the maître d’ – he is truly the “secret” behind what makes Pleasantdale so amazing. I don’t know that I have ever met someone who is as passionate about their work as Santiago – he put his heart and soul into making our day absolute perfection, and it truly was. Fred, Santiago, Dominique, Veronica, Dawn, and the rest of the team – thank you does not even come close to describing how truly grateful we are for giving us the wedding of our dreams. We have memories worth a lifetime from our wedding day, and it will be a day we will truly cherish forever and all credit is due to the Pleasantdale and this remarkable team of people.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Kate C

My husband and I got married Saturday, May 20, 2017 at the Pleasantdale Chateau. Not only did we have the most positive planning experience working with Laura Madden and the friendly and helpful staff leading up to the big day, but we had the wedding celebration of a lifetime.... Read More Sure a lot of people might say this about their wedding, but literally family and friends continue to rave about our wedding non stop. Everything from how impressive and breathtakingly beautiful the venue is but also the incredible service, delicious food, and perfectly coordinated ceremony and reception. We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding celebration and are so grateful for every moment of our wedding!!! These days weddings are quite an investment but if you choose the Pleasantdale……the experience will be priceless!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Amanda M

Every single girl dreams of her wedding day, but none of my dreams could have ever prepared me for our wedding here on May 12. Pleasantdale Chateau was the second venue my husband and I visited (after Park Savoy). As we pulled up the long drive-way, we forgot we were in NJ for a... Read More moment. Once we pulled up, both of us looked at each other- we knew we HAD to get married here- we never saw anything like this place! Throughout the tour, Fred Fogg sold us instantly, but just walking around the chateau, you felt like you were in a fairytale. Throughout the planning process, Fred, Dawn and the rest of the staff were amazing to us. However, Santiago, our maitre d, stole the show. I instantly fell in love with him, and he made sure every single last detail was perfect the day of our wedding! Every bride needs a Santiago in their life! Everyone was so professional, and organized, which made the planning leading up to the wedding actually enjoyable. The day of our wedding, my husband and I felt like royalty. Getting married here, we expected the best, but everything exceeded our expectations -by a million. My husband and I were each assigned an assistant for the day, who literally made sure we had everything we needed, before we could even ask for it! The entire wedding was pure perfection, and every single guest told us this was by far the best wedding they ever attended! Coming from an italian family, I knew the food was super important. Well, our cocktail hour alone left my hard to please italian family in awe! My husband and I had our own private cocktail party before we joined the actual cocktail hour, which was nice as I can say I personally tried everything served at my wedding. The night of our wedding, our suite had a bottle of champagne, pieces of our wedding cake, and a tray of all the desserts waiting for us. They even remembered by husband and I were high school sweethearts and wrote “class of 2008” on our plates! We also had a 2 hour after party here, and a breakfast the morning after, and like the wedding, the food and service were perfection. If you do not want to have to worry about ONE thing the day of your wedding except enjoying your time, then Pleasantdale is the perfect place for you to have your wedding! To be honest, I am not sure any other venue could compete with this place in my eyes! I could go on forever, but all it takes is for you to visit this place to realize how magical and perfect it truly is. The whole PDC staff treats you like family, and I'm so sad I don't have an excuse to go there anytime soon! We will forever be grateful for being able to have our fairytale wedding here.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Jade S

My husband and I were married at the Pleasantdale Chateau on April 28, 2017. From the moment we drove up to the Pleasantdale Chateau, I knew it was a special and magical place. When we walked in, my now husband and family were so taken back by how beautiful the venue is. We... Read More then met with Laura who was an absolute dream to talk to and work with. She answered all of our questions and hundreds of emails- always with a smile. She truly helped to make my dream wedding a reality. The morning of the wedding, I walked into the venue and met Lesley and Dominique- who were the bride and groom attendants that day. These two women were sent from heaven to make our wedding day even more perfect. No matter where we went or what we needed that day, they were standing there ready to go. Then there is Santiago the maitre’d, although he is so much more than that. He made sure everything ran smooth and perfect that day- and was a true professional. Every person we encountered through the Pleasandate Chateau was so kind and wonderful to work with. The food was incredible- a month later, and our friends and family are still talking about our wedding. I would highly recommend the Pleasantdale Chateau to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Lindsay L

I can't say enough positive things about the Pleasantdale. On May 6th, my now HUSBAND and I had the most incredible wedding and we are so grateful for the memories that were created. From the very beginning, Fred Fogg guided us through the wedding planning process and helped... Read More create the wedding of our dreams. We heard so many wonderful things about the Pleasantdale, but never expected how incredible our wedding day would be until experiencing it. You literally don’t even have a chance to think of a request before it magically comes to life. Thank you Fredd Fogg for sharing your expertise with us, Santiago for making our wedding run so smoothly while making us laugh, Kat for being the best assistant, and the list goes on. You guys even made my dad say – it was worth every penny. Mission accomplished!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Chris G

Where to begin? Writing a review for the Pleasantdale Chateau isn’t enough. All of it can’t be put into words, it requires a real life experience to see that it’s the venue where dreams come true. As a wedding photographer/videographer the details matter, and it all starts with... Read More what I believe to be the most impressive grounds of any venue I’ve shot in the Tri State area. From the moment you step foot on the property you’ll be transported to the land of far far way, a fairy tale kingdom where your magnificent evening is spent on an impeccably manicured estate. Every image is part of a story book where elegance, charm, and beauty collide. As part of the royal treatment, the food is to die for. It’s obvious that there are creative minds putting a great deal of care to this delicious twist of international cuisines and unique specialized cocktails. I can’t speak for guests, but I can say that after having had the pleasure of working with the venue’s amazing staff it’s clear why they all fall in love with this establishment’s epic service. There’s a saying that you’re only good as your last event; that’s precisely what the staff of the Pleasantdale live by. These wonderful, dedicated, sweet, and amazing people will make sure that the biggest event of your life is perfection!! If you’re having your wedding at Pleasantdale I can guarantee that it’ll be the most memorable night of your life. P.S. As a vendor I couldn’t believe how well they treated me from the first time on. It’s something I’m definitely not used to working in NJ.

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Jane S

Anyone who has been to the Pleasantdale Chateau or heard about it by word of mouth has, for the most part, probably heard great things about it. Well, our experience was very different. It was one of unprofessional and unscrupulous behavior and very unbecoming to a venue that... Read More holds itself to be anything but that. Due to very unfortunate circumstances we had to cancel our daughter's wedding 3 months after we booked it and 13 months prior to the actual date. It recently became known to us that Pleasantdale had rebooked the date, but for a lesser amount (However, we have no proof of the amount of the new booking.). They initially kept a "rebooking" fee of $1200. We contacted them requesting the balance of our deposit, and we were told that was not happening. We even offered to accept a percentage of the balance, but that wasn't even up for discussion. I find it to be absolutely disgusting given the circumstances and the timing of the cancellation (13 months before the event). Pleasantdale Chateau is one of the busiest venues in New Jersey and, without a doubt, does not need our money to survive. I would think their reputation would mean more to them than holding on to someone's money when an entire family is going through a very tough time.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Jamie R

My husband and I got married here this past March and everything was perfect. The staff really know what they are doing and they made everything run so smoothly.

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Laura R

What an amazing experience. The venue is a fairytale and the service was beyond. What ever my husband and I needed or the bride and groom was delivered with such speed and smiles. From the attendants to Fred Fogg to Santiago and staff it was beyond sll expectations. They... Read More actually gave us more than we even paid for. Every guest said it was one of the best if not the best wedding they ever went to. There is nothing like the pleasantdale chateau. In a league of their own! I was the mother of the bride

Reviewed on 11/29/2016

We just celebrated my daughter's wedding at the Chateau on November 19th 2016. It was the most magical night of our lives. everything was perfection from A to Z! Thank you to Fred Fogg and Santiago for making this a dream come true for our children!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Allie R

There’s so much that can be said about the Pleasantdale Chateau and why a couple should get married there. But I think all it really takes is going to see it to understand why. Because that’s all it took for us. It was the first place we saw, and it was the only place we needed... Read More to see after that. Fred Fogg took us around to show us the grounds and we fell in love. We thought we wanted to get married in NYC, but after seeing PDC, that thought was completely wiped away. But having now gone through the experience of having our wedding there, that feeling is only further reinforced 100 times over. We’ve never been married before, but we can’t imagine many places, if any, would come close to what we experienced. And not necessarily because of the venue itself, and how tastefully elegant it is, or how stunning the grounds are, or perfectly private it is, but because of the people. The people at PDC are the sole reason to get married there. When we say they treat you like a king and queen for a day, we truly mean it. It was beyond anything we could have imagined it would be, how they were at our beckon call for absolutely anything and everything we needed the entire day. Each of us had our own personal attendant (Camilla, Dominique, Leslie) who were within reaching distance whenever we needed them, and with how hot it was the day we got married, we were so lucky to have them give us water and towels and everything in between while we got ready and took pictures. And that level of service lasted throughout the entire night. But before our wedding day even came, the impeccable service had already begun to take place. Dawn was our main point of contact leading up to the wedding, answering any and all questions we may have had, coordinating all meetings or drop offs, and always doing so extremely quickly, showing us the kind of attention that made us feel like we were in great hands. When things can be hectic in the coming weeks before the big day, she made sure everything went as smooth as possible, so we had nothing to stress about. And then once the big day came, it was Santiago, the maître d, who stole the show. He’s the one who makes everything happen, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. To say that he is absolutely incredible would be a horrible understatement. His attention to detail and awareness of everything that’s going on at all times is insane. He will make sure that your wedding is exactly how you imagined it, and he’ll do it with flare. We will forever thank Fred, Santiago, Camilla, Dominique, Leslie, and the rest of the staff for everything they did for us on the most important day of our lives Beyond the staff, as people who love food, we can tell you that the cocktail hour was fit for a king and queen, at Michelin star quality. Bottomline, if you can get married at the Pleasantdale Chateau, do it. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Ivy L

The Pleasantdale Chateau is beyond amazing! It's beautiful, the staff is friendly & attentive, and the food is plentiful & delicious. Our guests keep raving about the food! I worked with Fred throughout the whole planning process and he was responsive and helpful. Santiago... Read More was my go-to on the day of and he kept everything running smoothly(and made sure my groom and I had a drink in hand). Unfortunately, it was too hot(and risks of storms) to hold the ceremony outside like initially planned, but our guests didn't even realize that the ceremony was in the same room as the reception. I can't compliment this venue enough!! You'll get what you pay for and more!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jen

We searched high and low for a venue, going back and forth between this one and park savoy down the road. boy are we glad we went with this venue. Not only is the food out of this world, it was the most beautiful wedding venue we had ever attended (And probably will ever... Read More attend). Our guests are still talking about the food, the band, and the overall atmosphere. Nothing went wrong on our gorgeous summer wedding day. We had the ceremony outside, and it was perfect. Everything was perfect. THANK YOU PLEASANTDALE!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Rachel R

Where to begin? Pleasantdale Chateau is a wedding venue where dreams are made. From the moment my husband and I stepped foot on the property to view the venue, we fell in love. We had the pleasure of working with the most amazing wedding coordinator, Laura Madden, who helped us... Read More through every step of the process. As we greeted our guests at each table the night of our wedding, everyone remarked that it was EASILY the best wedding they had ever been to, no doubt in large part to the location. Not only was the location amazing, but the food was, as my husband says "dope." We literally had to be asked to sit and eat by our mater'd because we were so full from cocktail hour! This venue is for anyone who truly wants to feel like royalty and have NOT A CARE in the WORLD on their wedding day! Thank you Pleasantdale Staff!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Anne H

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Chateau on October 17th, a daytime affair and the best day of our lives. It goes without saying that the venue is astonishingly beautiful and unique - the Music Room and the Ballroom are breathtaking and the rest of the place is... Read More the stuff of fantastic memories - but it was certainly the staff and the attention that made the venue such a joy for us. Our maitre d' was a wonderful gentleman named Santiago and his direct supervisor was Fred Fogg. We went to them with a vision for our perfect wedding and it was their efforts that made our vision a reality. We were able to work with them personally to customize the menu to suit our needs and the needs of our guests: a lighter cocktail hour and some other options for the main supper. Santiago was able to help us set up a fantastic sparkler exit with all of our family and friends. They even lent a hand directly with the florist and helped us find the best spots for photography that day. During the party, the wait staff and Santiago himself paid the closest attention to everything and nobody was left wanting for anything. When a friend wanted a better bourbon, one of the staff was quick to run to the nearest store and return with the requested vintage. My groom and I had personal attendants on the morning of, helping us find the things we needed and bringing refreshments for us and our wedding party. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere perfect, and the place full of memories for us all, but it was the personal attention to us and our guests that truly made the venue special. The Pleasantdale Chateau was a venue worth every penny and is sure to help make any affair that much better.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Lauren R

I got married at Pleasantdale Chateau on August 29, 2015. From the first day we visited the venue and saw the magnificent mansion and gorgeous grounds, we knew that was where we wanted to have our wedding. We had very high expectations about how the wedding would turn out. Well,... Read More the Pleasantdale Chateau far exceeded our expectations in every way possible and we had the most wonderful and memorable experience you could ever imagine. On our first visit we met Laura Madden who is the Senior Catering Sales Manager. She spent time describing the wedding experience there, giving us a detailed tour of the property, and reviewing other pertinent information such as date availability and financial terms. Laura was organized, articulate and very friendly and warm – she was the consummate professional. She was the person who was there every step of the way during the time we planned the wedding. Since there is only one wedding at a time at the Pleasantdale Chateau, we had exclusive use of the mansion for the entire day and evening. On the day of the wedding the bridal party and some family arrived early. Laura and her wonderful staff were there to meet us and stayed the entire day to make sure things went as planned. After a beautiful and picturesque outdoor ceremony our guests were brought back into the Chateau for the reception. The cocktail hour had an abundance of delicious food and drinks and our guests socialized throughout the mansion. The reception and dinner, which was held in their magnificent ballroom, was well run and flowed perfectly. Many of our guests told us that this was the best wedding they ever attended. They absolutely loved the mansion and its grounds. They also loved the food and said the service was exceptional. We are so happy we chose the Pleasantdale Chateau and are truly indebted to Laura and the entire Pleasantdale staff.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Amanda R

The Pleasantdale Chateau was an amazing venue to have our wedding in May. Between the service, grounds, and food, everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We added the after hours option to our night so if people were hungry after dancing we were served all... Read More the essentials (pigs in a blanket, disco fries, pizza bagels, wings, etc.), along with a continuation of the open bar. I was hesitant and a little upset when I found out about their no tasting policy but ALL of the food including our wedding cake was out of this world. My husband and I keep saying we hope we are invited to a wedding their so we can experience it all over again. The staff was incredible and they were willing to do anything and everything to make the day amazing. Most notably, Santiago was always quick to respond during the planning process. On our wedding day, he was there to meet us on our arrival and took care of everything until the night was over. He and everyone else at the Pleasantdale think of everything beforehand to make sure you don't have to. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who can get a date!