Northern Michigan's Wedding DJ Pros

Experienced Disc Jockeys you can trust with your Reception entertainment. Our style is: Personal, Responsive, Creative, Professional and FUN! The best event insurance is an Experienced, Professional Disc Jockey.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

11038 N Spring St., Charlevoix, MI Northern Michigan (231) 348-8185

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Justin B

Tom and Lindsay were awesome to work with. Professional and on point the entire process. Tom has been in the business for a long time and it is clear that he knows his stuff and takes pride in his work. Lindsay was an awesome DJ and helped keep the ceremony and reception... Read More flowing. They were excellent and worth every penny!

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Kristi L

Tom was absolutely great to work with!! I was more than impressed with Tom and Pluister Entertainment at our wedding. Tom was so easy to work with prior to the wedding and really helped set the mood for our wedding. He is such a cool guy and his knowledge/passion for music... Read More really show. All of our guests had a fantastic time and he kept the dance floor going! I could not have asked for a better DJ at our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Jami N

Cody was an awesome DJ. The whole team at Pluister was amazing. We booked them before meeting them and were so happy with how everything turned out. They set up everything for our beach ceremony and for our tented reception. All of our introductions were perfect and we gave... Read More them a list of suggestions that we wanted to be played and Cody made sure that they were played. Cody also kept the dancing going for the night and even called our Grandma on the dance floor which was amazing! So a wonderful DJ!

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Hong T

Words can't describe how wonderful and professional Tom is. He was wonderful to work with and did not disappoint. I love the fact that he was flexible with us and communication was on point. No need to stress or worry about on the day of. Tom took care of it all. Tom was always... Read More smiling and you can tell he loves what he does. Thank you for being there with us Tom. Our guest had a great time!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Kelley S

Tom at Pluister Entertainment was absolutely incredible to work with! We loved how easy going and accommodating he was throughout the entire process. He is such a cool person with an incredible passion and talent for music! He met with me many times and communicated... Read More throughout the entire planning process. He even helped book a ceremony pianist who was amazing! On the day of our wedding he kept all of the events running seamlessly. He kept the party going all night and our guests will be raving about it forever! Thank you so much for your hard work and fun!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Andrea F

Our DJ Lindsay was top notch! She was so easy to work with and kept you posted on all steps along the way. We will most definitely be telling everyone about Tom and Lindsay with Pluster Entertainment!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Kelley G

Tom was our DJ for our wedding in Petoskey. He did a phenomenal job. He was very professional and very fun at the same time.He had great timing, he knows the process well. He had people on the dance floor the whole time. Not only did he do his job well but very easy to work... Read More with and a delight to meet! If you need a DJ he is your guy!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Mackenzie K

If I could give Tom more stars I would. He was my sisters DJ so that is primarily why I picked him but I was so impressed. He was good with communication, met to ask what kind of music we liked, was very flexible and the day of was amazing. I received so many compliments on how... Read More good of a job he did. I would definitely recommend him to any couple looking for a great DJ. Thank you so much Tom!!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Elizabeth S

One word: Amazing! One of the best DJs I've listened to. He was so friendly and put my husband and myself first on our day. Super patient and helpful during the night of as well. Huge selection of music and played a great variety throughout the night. I would use Pluister... Read More Entertainment again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jennifer M

Tom was great! My guests had so much fun and it was great to have a DJ just as organized as I am!! :) We were really comfortable with Tom from the beginning and our guests had a blast on the dance floor! Thank you Tom!! :)

2017-06-30T20:10:54 Response from the vendor

smiling!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Olivia D

My husband and I feel so lucky to have had Tom and Lindsay DJ our wedding. Pluister Entertainment is TOP-NOTCH. We had many special requirements, the most important to us being great sound quality for our live entertainment, and Tom has such expertise in that area. Everything... Read More sounded absolutely incredible. The sound for our ceremony was absolutely superb-- we were outside under a covering during, at times, pouring rain. Our guests heard every word of our vows and readings. Lindsay's choice of music throughout the evening was exactly what we wanted, and what we'd discussed in our meetings with them prior to our wedding. Both Tom and Lindsay are so much fun to talk to. They're knowledgable and kind, and they were willing to work with whatever special requests we threw at them. They're very creative and experienced. One of our favorite things about Lindsay was her demeanor when announcing things on the microphone. She's very upbeat and uplifting, and never gets "barky" or "shouty" like we've experienced with DJs at events throughout our lives. She's fun and energetic while maintaining a tone that reflects the importance and elegance of a wedding! We whole-heartedly recommend Pluister Entertainment to anyone-- they're versatile and experienced and we're confident they'll surpass anyone's expectations, regardless of individual style and tastes.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Amber K

Amazing! My wedding wouldn't have been what it was without Tom and TR. They met with my husband and I a few weeks before the wedding to make sure they knew exactly what we wanted. TR kept people out on the dance floor all night long! Thank you for all your help making our day... Read More very special. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Kelly B

Amazing! It was such a pleasure to meet both Tom and TR before our wedding to go over our wishes! TR was the absolute greatest! I received many compliments during the wedding on how much guests were enjoying the music and even a week later people are still raving! TR, you... Read More really made our wedding great! seriously so impressed!!! Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Liz K

I couldn't recommend Pluister enough. Lindsay was our DJ, and she killed it. I probably had more input then most people to the playlist and flow. I wanted to have a not cheesy, funky mixed generation dance party that morphed into an electronic music festival vibe. Lindsay... Read More met with us a few weeks before the wedding, and she was totally into the vision. At the reception she was a pro MC and then threw down an epic dance party keeping the dance floor full for four hours straight. I'm pretty sure she had as much fun as we did... Sound equipment and lights were top notch. Pluister blew away any other wedding DJ I've seen. Our dance party will be tough to beat!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 David G

Thank you to everyone from Pluister Entertainment for being a part of our special day! The three gentlemen who attended our wedding were very professional, fun and kind! They attended our rehearsal and made our ceremony and reception stress-free! Their playlist was perfect and... Read More the DJs had nearly all of our guests on the dance floor the whole evening! We can't thank them enough for their amazing service!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jenifer P

Tom and Lindsay were the best to work with! I interviewed 3-4 other companies but no one compared to speaking with Tom. His passion is so evident, and he put us at such ease. They made sure the ceremony music was timed perfectly, and Lindsey kept the party going during the... Read More reception. Everyone had so much fun dancing!! They are the only DJ company I would recommend and work with in the future.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Sarah W

Thomas Pluister was a fantastic DJ for our wedding reception. We actually had a unique situation and Thomas is also in my Uncle's band, Loudmouth Soup, so we had a DJ/Band combo at our wedding reception. Thomas was great to work with for song selections, recommendations,... Read More timeline, planning, etc. He was quick to answer my questions and when I was unsure, he would make recommendations as well. The evening went perfectly, and he played some great music options during cocktail hour and during band set breaks. There was no lull in the entertainment, and I would highly recommend Pluister Entertainment (as well as Loudmouth Soup!).

PERFECTION!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Nadia S

We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Tom Pluister was so organized, helpful and patient during our wedding planning process. He sent us so many resources and was very quick to respond to emails. We met with him in person and he was delightful and so knowledgeable. His... Read More daughter Lindsay and assistant Sam, DJed the actual wedding and they were perfect! Lindsay came to our rehearsal and was so helpful and attentive to detail. The wedding day came around and they they didn't miss a beat - they played all of the best music. I've never seen a dance floor fill up so quickly! The night couldn't have been more perfect. After the wedding Lindsay and Sam even sent me a thank you card thanking us for letting them be part of our day. They are just really great people and very good at what they do. I highly recommend them.

2015-09-29T07:27:46 Response from the vendor

Nadia- Thank you kindly for this terrific review. Lindsay and Sam are STELLAR and my pride for their quality of work is immense. They are grateful for the meal and hospitality you provided them while working.

Pluister Entertainment

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Kristina

Tom Pluister is fantastic! He did a wonderful job at my daughter's wedding. The sound system at the outdoor ceremony was perfect and the music at the reception was enjoyed by all! He is the best! He is a true professional...talented, knowledgeable, personable, well... Read More organized, easy to work with and responsive. Tom goes above and beyond in all that he does. We recommend Tom and Pluister Entertainment.

On Top of Their Game

Reviewed on 7/19/2015

I am over the moon with my wedding. It was the most perfect day, and I owe so much of that to my DJs. Thomas Pluister was my main contact throughout my wedding planning process. I am from Chicago, but my then fiance and I had our hearts set on having a Traverse City wedding.... Read More The distance was a concern but was never a problem when working with Thomas: he is incredibly professional and responsive. All of my e-mails were returned promptly and with great detail. I was not knowledgeable about how to plan a wedding, and I'm not well versed in music. This was not a problem, either. Thomas was a wealth of knowledge. He was so well prepared for any concern I had regarding my wedding. He had suggestions for speeches and songs. He was able to organize a schedule for my big day, which helped to put my mind at ease. I didn't have a wedding planner, but that didn't matter because I had so much help from Thomas. My family and friends could not speak more highly of of DJ services. He met for breakfast, when we were in town to discuss our plans for the day. He was at the rehearsal just so he could make sure he would have all the timings right for the different music. His daughter, Lindsay, was there the day of, and she was there to help everyone keep their places and make sure my entrance into my ceremony was flawless. This business is an absolute gem. They were recommended by our photographer, and we could not thank her enough. This company truly goes above and beyond. They were worth every penny of their REASONABLY priced services. When you book this company, you are not just getting a guy who knows how to play iTunes through a big speaker. You are getting a family who is committed to a craft and to you. My husband and I are so grateful for all of Thomas' and his family's help. We'd book them again in a heartbeat.

The Best!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Sara B

This service was exceptional from start to finish. Upon first contact we received prompt, professional correspondence and suggestions in addition to excellent customer service. We worked with Tom, Lindsay, and Sam throughout the planning and on our wedding. The thoughtful... Read More

preparation and coordination by Pluister Entertainment really helped to ensure an extra special time for all of our guests. They become vested in making your celebration the best and have loads of experience on reading parties to keep it at a steady flow all the while creating special moments. They took extra time to learn our preferences, personality, and music interests in order to create the perfect mix of music based on the artists and songs we liked – thanks, Lindsay! We are very grateful to share in our special day with Lindsay and Sam and very, very highly recommend Pluister Entertainment.

2014-12-31T08:58:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah. It was a pleasure to be of service! Lindsay P

Pluister Entertainment Rocks!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014

Pluister Entertainment was so easy and just a pleasure to work with! They are super organized and make planning your reception a breeze. They think of everything and really care about making the party fun for you and all of your guests! Our reception was perfect; starting... Read More with a chill indie cocktail hour, to a classic dinner, then a great dance party celebration. They keep things going all evening! I am so glad we were able to book them for our day! Highly recommend!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Kelly H

Sam and Cody did a great job at our wedding ceremony and reception. They were very professional and made the process completely stress free. Their music choices were perfect for our event. Highly recommend Pluister DJs!

You won't go wrong with Pluister

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Kalin F

We keep hearing from our guests about the "best wedding ever" and a big part of that is thanks to Pluister Entertainment. From day one Tom, Lindsay & crew were attentive, kind, flexible and creative. The music was PERFECT for everything from my walk down the aisle to the very... Read More last song. They allowed us to customize how long songs were played, mixed together and kept the party moving. Lindsay is amazing at what she does. Do not think twice about booking Pluister for your wedding!

Easy to work with and kept the party going

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Maggie O

Sam did a great job with the ceremony music and the reception. He and Thomas worked with us to figure out the music for the ceremony and it didn't take much for them to figure out our style and what music would get our guests going at the reception. We had to do all of our... Read More communication remotely since we live 8 hours away from the venue and they made it easy and painless. I would definitely recommend Sam and Tom. My guests are still raving about the party and the music and DJ clearly played a huge role.

Meet The Manager

Thomas Pluister

Over 38 years of Wedding DJ Experience. Radio Broadcast professional. I am the chief engineer, music programmer, sales and marketing manager and also a qualified Emcee and a creative Disc Jockey. I'm also a musician; I play guitar, keyboards and sing.