Northern Michigan's Wedding DJ Pros

Experienced Disc Jockeys you can trust with your Reception entertainment. Our style is: Personal, Responsive, Creative, Professional and FUN! The best event insurance is an Experienced, Professional Disc Jockey.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

11038 N Spring St., Charlevoix, MI Northern Michigan (231) 348-8185

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Justin B

Tom and Lindsay were awesome to work with. Professional and on point the entire process. Tom has been in the business for a long time and it is clear that he knows his stuff and takes pride in his work. Lindsay was an awesome DJ and helped keep the ceremony and reception... Read More flowing. They were excellent and worth every penny!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Olivia D

My husband and I feel so lucky to have had Tom and Lindsay DJ our wedding. Pluister Entertainment is TOP-NOTCH. We had many special requirements, the most important to us being great sound quality for our live entertainment, and Tom has such expertise in that area. Everything... Read More sounded absolutely incredible. The sound for our ceremony was absolutely superb-- we were outside under a covering during, at times, pouring rain. Our guests heard every word of our vows and readings. Lindsay's choice of music throughout the evening was exactly what we wanted, and what we'd discussed in our meetings with them prior to our wedding. Both Tom and Lindsay are so much fun to talk to. They're knowledgable and kind, and they were willing to work with whatever special requests we threw at them. They're very creative and experienced. One of our favorite things about Lindsay was her demeanor when announcing things on the microphone. She's very upbeat and uplifting, and never gets "barky" or "shouty" like we've experienced with DJs at events throughout our lives. She's fun and energetic while maintaining a tone that reflects the importance and elegance of a wedding! We whole-heartedly recommend Pluister Entertainment to anyone-- they're versatile and experienced and we're confident they'll surpass anyone's expectations, regardless of individual style and tastes.

PERFECTION!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Nadia S

We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Tom Pluister was so organized, helpful and patient during our wedding planning process. He sent us so many resources and was very quick to respond to emails. We met with him in person and he was delightful and so knowledgeable. His... Read More daughter Lindsay and assistant Sam, DJed the actual wedding and they were perfect! Lindsay came to our rehearsal and was so helpful and attentive to detail. The wedding day came around and they they didn't miss a beat - they played all of the best music. I've never seen a dance floor fill up so quickly! The night couldn't have been more perfect. After the wedding Lindsay and Sam even sent me a thank you card thanking us for letting them be part of our day. They are just really great people and very good at what they do. I highly recommend them.

2015-09-29T07:27:46 Response from the vendor

Nadia- Thank you kindly for this terrific review. Lindsay and Sam are STELLAR and my pride for their quality of work is immense. They are grateful for the meal and hospitality you provided them while working.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Amber K

Amazing! My wedding wouldn't have been what it was without Tom and TR. They met with my husband and I a few weeks before the wedding to make sure they knew exactly what we wanted. TR kept people out on the dance floor all night long! Thank you for all your help making our day... Read More very special. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Kelly B

Amazing! It was such a pleasure to meet both Tom and TR before our wedding to go over our wishes! TR was the absolute greatest! I received many compliments during the wedding on how much guests were enjoying the music and even a week later people are still raving! TR, you... Read More really made our wedding great! seriously so impressed!!! Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Liz K

I couldn't recommend Pluister enough. Lindsay was our DJ, and she killed it. I probably had more input then most people to the playlist and flow. I wanted to have a not cheesy, funky mixed generation dance party that morphed into an electronic music festival vibe. Lindsay... Read More met with us a few weeks before the wedding, and she was totally into the vision. At the reception she was a pro MC and then threw down an epic dance party keeping the dance floor full for four hours straight. I'm pretty sure she had as much fun as we did... Sound equipment and lights were top notch. Pluister blew away any other wedding DJ I've seen. Our dance party will be tough to beat!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 David G

Thank you to everyone from Pluister Entertainment for being a part of our special day! The three gentlemen who attended our wedding were very professional, fun and kind! They attended our rehearsal and made our ceremony and reception stress-free! Their playlist was perfect and... Read More the DJs had nearly all of our guests on the dance floor the whole evening! We can't thank them enough for their amazing service!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jenifer P

Tom and Lindsay were the best to work with! I interviewed 3-4 other companies but no one compared to speaking with Tom. His passion is so evident, and he put us at such ease. They made sure the ceremony music was timed perfectly, and Lindsey kept the party going during the... Read More reception. Everyone had so much fun dancing!! They are the only DJ company I would recommend and work with in the future.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Sarah W

Thomas Pluister was a fantastic DJ for our wedding reception. We actually had a unique situation and Thomas is also in my Uncle's band, Loudmouth Soup, so we had a DJ/Band combo at our wedding reception. Thomas was great to work with for song selections, recommendations,... Read More timeline, planning, etc. He was quick to answer my questions and when I was unsure, he would make recommendations as well. The evening went perfectly, and he played some great music options during cocktail hour and during band set breaks. There was no lull in the entertainment, and I would highly recommend Pluister Entertainment (as well as Loudmouth Soup!).

Pluister Entertainment

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Kristina

Tom Pluister is fantastic! He did a wonderful job at my daughter's wedding. The sound system at the outdoor ceremony was perfect and the music at the reception was enjoyed by all! He is the best! He is a true professional...talented, knowledgeable, personable, well... Read More organized, easy to work with and responsive. Tom goes above and beyond in all that he does. We recommend Tom and Pluister Entertainment.

On Top of Their Game

Reviewed on 7/19/2015

I am over the moon with my wedding. It was the most perfect day, and I owe so much of that to my DJs. Thomas Pluister was my main contact throughout my wedding planning process. I am from Chicago, but my then fiance and I had our hearts set on having a Traverse City wedding.... Read More The distance was a concern but was never a problem when working with Thomas: he is incredibly professional and responsive. All of my e-mails were returned promptly and with great detail. I was not knowledgeable about how to plan a wedding, and I'm not well versed in music. This was not a problem, either. Thomas was a wealth of knowledge. He was so well prepared for any concern I had regarding my wedding. He had suggestions for speeches and songs. He was able to organize a schedule for my big day, which helped to put my mind at ease. I didn't have a wedding planner, but that didn't matter because I had so much help from Thomas. My family and friends could not speak more highly of of DJ services. He met for breakfast, when we were in town to discuss our plans for the day. He was at the rehearsal just so he could make sure he would have all the timings right for the different music. His daughter, Lindsay, was there the day of, and she was there to help everyone keep their places and make sure my entrance into my ceremony was flawless. This business is an absolute gem. They were recommended by our photographer, and we could not thank her enough. This company truly goes above and beyond. They were worth every penny of their REASONABLY priced services. When you book this company, you are not just getting a guy who knows how to play iTunes through a big speaker. You are getting a family who is committed to a craft and to you. My husband and I are so grateful for all of Thomas' and his family's help. We'd book them again in a heartbeat.

The Best!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Sara B

This service was exceptional from start to finish. Upon first contact we received prompt, professional correspondence and suggestions in addition to excellent customer service. We worked with Tom, Lindsay, and Sam throughout the planning and on our wedding. The thoughtful... Read More preparation and coordination by Pluister Entertainment really helped to ensure an extra special time for all of our guests. They become vested in making your celebration the best and have loads of experience on reading parties to keep it at a steady flow all the while creating special moments. They took extra time to learn our preferences, personality, and music interests in order to create the perfect mix of music based on the artists and songs we liked – thanks, Lindsay! We are very grateful to share in our special day with Lindsay and Sam and very, very highly recommend Pluister Entertainment.

2014-12-31T08:58:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah. It was a pleasure to be of service! Lindsay P

Pluister Entertainment Rocks!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014

Pluister Entertainment was so easy and just a pleasure to work with! They are super organized and make planning your reception a breeze. They think of everything and really care about making the party fun for you and all of your guests! Our reception was perfect; starting... Read More with a chill indie cocktail hour, to a classic dinner, then a great dance party celebration. They keep things going all evening! I am so glad we were able to book them for our day! Highly recommend!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Kelly H

Sam and Cody did a great job at our wedding ceremony and reception. They were very professional and made the process completely stress free. Their music choices were perfect for our event. Highly recommend Pluister DJs!

You won't go wrong with Pluister

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Kalin F

We keep hearing from our guests about the "best wedding ever" and a big part of that is thanks to Pluister Entertainment. From day one Tom, Lindsay & crew were attentive, kind, flexible and creative. The music was PERFECT for everything from my walk down the aisle to the very... Read More last song. They allowed us to customize how long songs were played, mixed together and kept the party moving. Lindsay is amazing at what she does. Do not think twice about booking Pluister for your wedding!

Easy to work with and kept the party going

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Maggie O

Sam did a great job with the ceremony music and the reception. He and Thomas worked with us to figure out the music for the ceremony and it didn't take much for them to figure out our style and what music would get our guests going at the reception. We had to do all of our... Read More communication remotely since we live 8 hours away from the venue and they made it easy and painless. I would definitely recommend Sam and Tom. My guests are still raving about the party and the music and DJ clearly played a huge role.

Our reception was AMAZING thanks to Pluister Entertainment!

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 Andrea Z

Tom was awesome! He worked with us throughout the whole process. He took our music selections and added in more based on our taste. He took the time to get to know us prior to the event. Working with Tom, I felt confident going into the day that I did not have to worry about the... Read More music, announcements or entire flow of our reception. He worked with our vendors to make sure the entire event went smoothly. He was great at transitioning from dinner to speeches to dancing. Our guests and us had an awesome evening dancing the night away to our favorites!

The Best Wedding DJ.

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Katherine N

Tom is the best wedding DJ I have ever seen (and I've been to a lot of weddings!), and I'm so lucky to have had him be mine! He is so helpful, kind, happy to work with strange requests (he helped find the song from Zelda we used for our recessional - my husbands dream - and... Read More converted it into a usable version, for example), and truly knows his stuff. He became a key part of helping us plan the details of our wedding and made the reception so much fun! I would definitely recommend him!

THE BEST DJ IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Brittany B

I hired Tom for my August wedding at the Perry Hotel. From the very start I knew it was a smart decision! He is very organized, professional, and friendly. We met twice before the wedding to work the details and he took notes and asked lots of questions. The night of the wedding... Read More was perfect. He had no trouble setting everything up, and even went above and beyond to get a cordless microphone to hook up to the Perry's PA system for our toasts (at the Perry it’s normally difficult to use a cordless due to the way it’s set up I guess)- so that worked out nicely! Tom’s daughter was also there to help him out. They knew how to read the crowd on and keep guests on the dance floor. Everyone kept saying how much fun they had and how the music was such a great mix! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I have even been referring my friends to use him for their weddings!

Amazing DJ Service

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Rachel D

I would highly recommend Tom Pluister and his amazing family to DJ your event. He went ABOVE and BEYOND anything I could expect from a DJ. He was professional and very helpful during the planning process. Since my husband and I were not from the area, he was someone who we were... Read More able to trust in helping with our ceremony running smoothly. We had our wedding ceremony on Little Traverse Bay at Bayfront Park, and our reception in the Stafford's Perry Rose Garden Veranda. He did the sound for both, which he help coordinate the sound for a guitarist and the officiant. With his utmost professionalism he stayed true to our wishes. He made the end of the night such a memorable moment for my husband, myself and our guests. He gave us closure on a day I'd been dreaming up for a long time. To get all that from a DJ, I would never have imagined. I'd highly recommend him and his staff to any bride looking for a DJ.

Great Service, Friendly and Accommodating!

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Amy S

We had the pleasure of having Tom Pluister and his son DJ our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We cannot say enough about their service. We didn't have to worry about a thing when it came to entertainment! You can tell they take pride in what they do and ENJOY... Read More doing it! They made our wedding such a blast and it's such a bonus as the bride & groom, not to have to worry about entertaining, when the DJ does what he does and is amazing at it!

Amazing work!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Hilary G

Tom did a wonderful job as our DJ for our wedding. It was so spectacular and he got the dance floor LOADED with people! That was my biggest concern--not having a fun wedding with lots of people dancing, but he sure made it a BLAST! Aside from picking songs for special dances, I... Read More gave him only a few songs and he took it from there and did fantastic. We could NOT be happier with our choice of DJ!!!

Meet The Manager

Thomas Pluister

Over 38 years of Wedding DJ Experience. Radio Broadcast professional. I am the chief engineer, music programmer, sales and marketing manager and also a qualified Emcee and a creative Disc Jockey. I'm also a musician; I play guitar, keyboards and sing.