Point Lookout Resort

Northport, ME

Point Lookout Resort

Timeless, classic weddings at Point Lookout. Mountaintop with ocean views, elegant ceremony & reception venues, beach area, farm to table menus, dedicated wedding team, 106 deluxe cabins amongst 387 wooded acres, hiking, tennis, bowling. Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn…beautiful in every season.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Mountain

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

67 Atlantic Highway, Northport, ME (207) 789-2000
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Anna B

Getting married at Point Lookout was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. You can’t beat the view and there are so many event space options. Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were all held at the Summit, with the ceremony and cocktail hour... Read More outside. Luckily it didn’t rain, but if it had even the inside room for the ceremony would have been great. We also had a welcome BBQ at the Pavilion and the after party at the bowling alley on site. It is such a unique venue and having the after party at the bowling alley was so fun! The fact that all our guests were able to stay onsite in the cabins with a shuttle to transport them from event to event was amazing. It made the whole weekend a vacation for everybody. Another thing that sets Point Lookout apart from other venues is the wedding coordinator, Jessie! She was amazing!! She was so helpful when we were trying to decide on event spaces and food and décor options. She responded quickly to emails and answered any questions we had. After we booked all our vendors we sent her the list and she coordinated with them to make sure they knew when and where to show up/set up before the wedding. She was at each of our events making sure things ran smoothly and according to the tentative timeline we had worked on together. I honestly cannot say enough nice things about Jessie. We loved working with her! Point Lookout is definitely worth the money. The whole weekend went exactly according to plan and that is due to the professionalism and perfection of the Point Lookout staff. Everyone we interacted with, from the servers to the landscapers, was so nice and accommodating. They truly make you feel like your wedding is the most important one of the year. And like I said before, you can’t beat the view.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kaitlyn C

From the day my fiancé (now husband) toured Point Lookout we knew this was it! We toured the facilities back in December '16 for our October '17 wedding. We even stayed in a cabin the night before the tour! From the moment we met Jessie (then assistant coordinator and now the... Read More coordinator) we really liked her. She was helpful, quick to respond, and shows a passion for her job. We did receive some push back from family asking why we were having it "so far away", but the positive comments keep coming after they have attended the event weekend! Point Lookout has some much to offer! Saturday, we had a Welcome Party at the bowling alley and used the Pavilion at Hedges Hall for our rehearsal. As suggested by Jessie during our tour, we invited all guests staying onsite for cocktails 2 hours into our rehearsal. We used The Summit for the big event on Sunday! The views are spectacular! Jessie (coordinator) and Kari (assistant coordinator) are amazing! The other staff are pleasant and helpful too! The food is delicious! (The offer fresh farm-to-table items). Our guests stayed onsite in the 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom cabins. I could go on and on, but do yourself a favor and consider Point Lookout for your event and see it for yourself!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Dylan K

The moment my wife and I toured Point Lookout we knew that the search was over and we had found the perfect spot to have our big day. And it diddnt disappoint. Everything about Point Lookout was conducive to truly creating a day that encompassed everything we dreamed of. Our... Read More wedding coordinators, Jess and Kariann were there with us every step of the way and always quick to answer any and all questions we had. They really took a lot of the panic out of the planning process. Point Lookout offered a truly incredible venue for us and our guests. We got to enjoy a bit of everything; the views from the Summit during the cocktail hour, and the vast lawn and yard space for games at the Pavillion for the reception. Our guests continue to rave about having the shuttles and cabins on property, making it feel like a trip back to camp, or weekend vacation where they could safely have fun without the hassle of driving. We truly have nothing but great things to say about Point Lookout, and if we had to do it over 100 times, 100 times we'd pick Point Lookout.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Mastin F

After considerable (exhaustive at times) location research, we knew Point Lookout was THE place/perfect for our wedding after seeing it for the first time in September 2016. From our initial meeting then to our August 2017 wedding weekend--and now a little over a month later--we... Read More could not be happier with our decision to go with Point Lookout. Its location on a mountain right on Maine's mid-coast in Northport (between Camden and Belfast), approximately 2.5 hours north of Portland was the ideal location for our planned wedding weekend of 120 people (ended up with about 90 people present). What made this gorgeous location even more superb was PL's wedding team comprised of Jessie and Kari. These ladies are top notch, true professionals. You know that feeling when you meet someone and everything just clicks? This is what happened when we met them. They are knowledgeable, responsive, courteous, warm, welcoming, thorough, detail-oriented, and unequivocally the best! This extends to the rest of the staff at PL, too. Everyone is so great, we are still luminous 6 weeks later!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Christine B

You cannot get better than Pt. Lookout when it comes to wedding venues. My husband and I got married here this past July, and it was absolutely perfect. We are in the event business so we see a lot of venues, and this by far is the best I've seen when it comes to service,... Read More atmosphere, staff, food, amenities, etc. Our guests loved staying at the cabins,everyone made a family vacation out of our wedding which made it extra special. The farm-to-table food really fits in with our lifestyle, and it was the tastiest food I've ever had at an event. Service and staff were on point. The vendors Pt Lookout recommends were all fantastic. You are in good hands with Jessie and Kari (the wedding coordinators). We rented the bowling alley for the after party, and it made our wedding such a unique experience. It's been almost 2 months and all of our guests are still talking about how beautiful and perfect it was.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Melissa K

Our wedding felt like a family reunion at Point Lookout - in the best possible way. We loved all being together in a beautiful place. The Summit was nothing short of spectacular for the ceremony and reception. The wedding coordinators Jessica and Keri were the best in the... Read More business. Our guests want to do it again next year!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Addie C

The Summit is absolutely, drop-dead, take-your-guests'-breath-away gorgeous. Hands down the most beautiful view in all of midcoast Maine since you're high up the mountain looking down on all islands, inlets and ocean of Penobscot Bay. What you need to ask yourself is WHY you... Read More want that view and what your priorities are. For my priorities, I couldn't have been happier. All that being said, unless you MUST have that view, I would say PL Summit is fantastic but over-priced. There are many pros to PL: - Jessie, the on-site wedding coordinator is wonderful. She is professional, responds promptly, is as flexible as the giant corporation she works for allows her, is on top of her game and organized, and is a lovely person to work with. - ***The scenery and ambiance from the Summit absolutely cannot be beat in Maine. Look no further. It blows away getting married down at water's edge. A ceremony and cocktail hour overlooking that view are unparalleled.*** This is what you are paying for. - The summit facility/building itself is quite lovely and well designed. They have two huge stuffed moose in the lobby and they were a HUGE hit with our guests - there are far more selfie pictures of them than of us! :) - The cabins and having all the resources of PL available ended up being wonderful. For 130 guests, we got a block of 36 cabins on site that everyone loved, even my most pampered of city friends. They were very comfortable and charming and reasonably priced for summer in Maine. Our guests loved having the tennis courts, gym, Copper Pine Cafe (the food was pretty decent!), hiking trails, a private lake, being able to bring your dog, and a cabin with a real living room and kitchen where everyone could convene. It was particularly comfortable for families who appreciate some space and friends looking to split cabins to save money. People loved being able to hang out together in a way you can't do in a hotel room. - A lot of the best vendors in the area are familiar with PL and know their way around which makes it easy on you. - We rented the bowling alley for an after-party and it was a BLAST and we're SO GLAD we did! I was afraid people would peter out and not come, but I bet 75% of our guests came and they loved it. Things we considered drawbacks, you may not!: - I've probably been to 50 weddings in my life: at one the food was life-changingly good, at one it was downright bad, and the other 48 were all perfectly fine and about the same and no one remembers what they had. I was fine with my wedding food being one of those 48. I would say PL falls right in the middle of the pack. If food is your #1 priority for your wedding and you'll die unless it's the best meal you're ever served, this isn't the place. But the atmosphere and experience were our #1 priority, so we went for it. The lobster shooters were a HUGE crowd pleaser. The steak was alright, we thought the crab cakes were pretty yummy, and the chicken was . . . chicken. The service by the waitstaff and bar was excellent. - You could have fog and you don't get to experience what you just paid a huge sum of money for. The day before our wedding you couldn't see 50 feet. - The room they have for the ceremony indoors if you are MORE than 80 people is just awful. The room for if you are LESS than 80 people is beautiful. - Managing the room block was extremely stressful. The resort did make a number of errors though in bookings: be prepared to be stay on top of reservations.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Sarah W

We had our wedding here and it was amazing. The staff took care of everything and were incredibly friendly. The food was delicious, the cabins are so cozy, and you can't beat the view from The Summit.

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Kathleen M

My husband and I were married at the point lookout summit last December and I can't say enough about the facilities, coordinators, or our day overall! Lisa and Jessie were with us every step of the way with organizing, planning, and answering all of our questions from when we... Read More booked in January to our day in December. Both our ceremony and reception were held at the summit and it was AMAZING. The day (and the views) was gorgeous, the decorating was stunning, and the entire staff ensured our day was flawless. We didn't have a single issue and every idea I had was completed by Jessie and Lisa. Almost all of our wedding guests and party stayed in the on-site cabin, making the entire weekend a breeze. We also rented the bowling alley for our afterparty and it was perfect! All of our guests loved it! I would recommend Point Lookout to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Danielle B

Point Lookout is absolutely stunning! My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect venue for our wedding. The cabins, the view, the reception area, the bowling alley, even the bride & groom suites for getting ready were all incredible! The food was absolutely... Read More DELICIOUS! Lisa and Jessie were lifesavers and so, so helpful not just on the day of the event, but throughout the entire process. I could not recommend this place this venue more!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jeanne L

As mother of the bride, I can't say enough good things about Point Lookout. It was the perfect venue in every way. Obviously, a beautiful spot and facility for a wedding. In addition, the staff all the way from the event coordinators down to the kitchen staff, were a pleasure... Read More to work with. All of our guests commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. For most of our guests, this was a destination wedding requiring at least 4 hours of travel --- everyone felt the trip was worth it and many will be coming back in the future to stay at a cabin while on vacation in the area! I highly recommend Point Lookout as a wedding venue --- you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Steven K

My partner and I were married at Pt Lookout in August 2016. As someone who knows the area well, it is safe to say that their views and facilities are unparalleled in the midcoast. As a site for destination weddings, especially in the summer, you need to be aware that there is... Read More no swimming pool nor real beach. I would also caution against over-reserving a block of rooms as you will be charged for unsold rooms - a month before your event. Otherwise, Lisa and Jessica who run the wedding business there are real pros and can deal with just about any situation. Our event was a total success with memories to last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Jackie J

We are so happy we selected Point Lookout for our wedding. It's the most beautiful wedding location in Maine, and so accommodating -- saving us a great deal of stress in the planning process, and moreover, the day of! Since most of our family and friends had to travel to... Read More Maine, it was wonderful to have everyone stay at the cabins with us for several days. We also rented the bowling alley for the after party, and it was great to have late night entertainment and safe transportation figured out. We only had to figure out our cake, flowers, and DJ; the rest was handled by Point Lookout, and they coordinated with our vendors and handled everything else. Between the beautiful mountaintop views and sophisticated venue stylings, we didn't have to worry about decorating at all. The venue and services/packages are not cheap, but we elected to have our wedding on a Sunday before "high" season in order to take advantage of discounts. We appreciated having nearly all of our costs figured out a year in advance and spread across 3 installments, instead of taking our chances on surprise costs down the road.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Kim J

We had such a wonderful wedding weekend at Point Lookout! Not only is it a beautiful property with amazing views, but the staff could not have been nicer. For coordinating the wedding, we worked mainly with Jessie, and she was super helpful, friendly, and responsive. We loved... Read More that our guests were able to stay right on the property, which allowed us to get a lot more interaction with people than we would have been able to at a different venue. Everyone was so thrilled with the location and the cabins. It was also great that we were able to have two different locations for the ceremony (The Summit) and reception (The pavilion). We also did our after party at the bowling alley, which was a blast! We are so happy we chose this Point Lookout for our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Angie F

We could not be happier with the way our wedding weekend turned out at Point Lookout. Jessie and Lisa were amazing wedding coordinators, the site was beautiful, everything was set up beautifully for the guests, and we all had the time of our lives! We have heard nothing but... Read More great reviews from all of our guests who loved staying at the cabins! The cabins are clean, cozy, and private. We all enjoyed gathering at each other's cabins, using the rec. center, and exploring the near by towns. We just wish we could have that weekend all over again!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Ella G

By far the best wedding venue I have ever seen!! We had our wedding here and every aspect was outstanding. The views are probably the most amazing views I've ever seen, the staff is super easy to work with and made everything very easy with no stress, the cabins for guests are... Read More amazing, all my guests are still raving about the venue and can't wait to book vacations to the cabins in the future. Any bride who books point lookout as their venue will not be disappointed, we looked at many venues and nothing even came close to touching the beauty and fun that point lookout had to offer. Lots of onsite activities for guests as well. On top of all of that, we had a shuttle from the summit to the bowling alley after the reception. The bowling alley is beautiful and so so fun! Pizza and drinks to wind down after a night full of dancing. Couldn't have asked for more, the staff is unlike any other.

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Caitlin M

I can’t say enough great things about Point Lookout! A friend referred this venue to me and as soon as I saw it there was nothing else that could compare. Having everyone stay on site was one of the most important things for us and the cabins just made the experience extra... Read More special for our guests. Lisa and Jessie were absolutely AMAZING! From day one to after the wedding, they were both so accommodating and so responsive. They made everything so easy and fun for us! Everything from the service to the food, to the venue to the cabins was excellent! They truly know how to make your wedding the most incredible experience!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015

Although we live in Maine, most of our guests traveled here from NYC, CA, OR and WA. Point Lookout is the PERFECT destination venue. Beautiful location, stunning views, elegant & Mainesy at the same time. Cabins were campy and super comfy. Our guests felt pampered. The Summit... Read More was the most gorgeous location for our ceremony and cocktail party. The Pavilion was perfect for our reception needs - large enough for a big band and 150 guests. The food was delicious and attractively displayed. Service was excellent. Wedding coordinators were extremely professional and helpful. It was the wedding my daughter has always dreamed of. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Alyssa C

My husband and I could not have been happier with our wedding weekend at Point Lookout!!! Our guests loved staying in the cabins available onsite (great prices and absolutely beautiful setting), enjoyed the amenities of Point Lookout and local surrounding area (e.g. hiking... Read More trails, lake and beach, downtown Camden, schooner tours, etc.), and admired the unbeatable view of Penobscot Bay during the ceremony and cocktail hour (up at The Summit). All of the guests stayed throughout the weekend, so we hosted a welcome barbecue dinner at The Pavilion the night prior to the wedding, organized by Point Lookout staff as well. On the wedding day, both Lisa and Jessie (the onsite wedding coordinators) were incredible and surpassed all expectations. They worked with our vendors to help set up equipment and stay on schedule, they were communicative with us and our bridal party to ensure we had everything we needed, and worked with their staff to set up all the decorations and orchestrate the catering (all the food was delicious!!!). Lisa in particular did an incredible job of displaying our decorations at the ceremony site, in the foyer, and in the reception room - I could not have hoped for it to all come together so beautifully!!! After the reception, shuttles took our guests down to the onsite bowling alley and we continued the party there with pizza and a bar - a fun end to the night! Our guests raved about the location (you cannot beat the view from The Summit) and the vibe of the entire weekend. We were beyond thrilled as well and wish we could do it all over again!!!

Amazing Location

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Megan C

We picked what I feel is the very best spot in Maine for a wedding! The views are gorgeous! The wedding coordinator and her assistant are wonderful to work with. The Summit where we got married was spectacular and the views were even more spectacular. We couldn't have asked for... Read More a better day or better venue for our wedding. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed it as well. The food was amazing!!! We had plated dinner and I had the steak which was PERFECTLY cooked with veggies and potatoes right from their own gardens. Glad we took the risk to do the wedding outside with 50% chance of rain at 4pm(time of wedding) because it was gorgeous outside!

Bohemian wedding

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Lindsey M

We had our wedding at point lookout the ceremony at the top "the summit" and our reception half way up the mountain at the pavilion. The service was a little sketchy emails were responded to promptly but the day of could've gone better. We woke up to a nice thunderstorm which... Read More obviously was going to put a damper I things but one of the wedding coordinators was very unprepared as to how to handle moving the wedding from outside to inside. We were also promised that things were going to be packed up for us and that didn't happen. My wedding party and myself decorated the ceremony which we were told we wouldn't have to do the entire thing, etc. I was most upset that they did not keep my top layer of my cake. It was either thrown away or cut up and served after I told them (as well as my cake decorator) to please save it.... Lots of frustrations through the day and after but the wedding itself was absolutely GORGEOUS!!!' Amazing views, great food and totally worth the hassle!

Lovely Winter Venue

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Molly M

Point Lookout has amazing facilities, kind and responsive staff and the best wedding coordinators ever! I felt like our wedding was more perfect than I ever could have imagined.

Dream venue!

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Marybeth I

Point Lookout is absolutely the most beautiful wedding venue in New England, since it has both the mountain and ocean scenery. Once you arrive at the Summit, it just takes your breath away. The inside of the Summit is gorgeous, too! It’s upscale yet homey, with beautiful wooden... Read More model ships, a stone fireplace, wooden finishes and even stuffed moose. It’s spacious and had plenty of room for our 103 guests to move around during cocktail hour, since our wedding was in October and it was too chilly to be outside. Our guests raved about Point Lookout and how unique it was, since our family is primarily from Massachusetts, but other guests traveled from across the country. We got married over Columbus Day weekend, so it was a “mini-destination” where everyone could take some time to relax and enjoy the area. Everyone loved staying in the cabins and we even rented out the bowling alley for after our rehearsal dinner (including a bar), that way everyone who had arrived the night prior could have a fun activity to look forward to. We did have an issue where the bowling alley had been accidentally overbooked and they embarrassingly tried to tell us we needed to leave earlier than we had contracted – However, my in-laws quickly talked to management and we were taken care of, but I’m sure this was also an issue with the group that thought they would have the space while we were occupying it. We also rented out Erickson Hall for the morning after the wedding for a brunch, which was absolutely delicious! While planning our wedding, we worked with Lisa and Jessie. Overall, they did a great job (I’ve done wedding planning and I understand it’s not easy!) and the staff was wonderful on the day-of, too. Lisa is familiar with a lot of the local vendors, so she can offer help if you have any questions or want an honest opinion – but at times we felt she was judging our choices. Lisa also has a lot on her plate, which we understood, but sometimes felt like she often didn’t have time for us, even as the wedding was just weeks and days away. My husband had put together a 40-page handbook (I’m serious...) with pictures of how we wanted everything to be, but then she would still pull me out of the bridal suite to ask how things should be set up. I tried to be patient, but this was a situation we had worked hard to avoid, so I could enjoy the morning with my friends and family and not be concerned about details. Speaking of the bridal suite - AMAZING - it was so wonderful to have that room to get ready in! Jessie was our primary coordinator after the ceremony, and we really enjoyed her positive energy. She was friendly and professional, not overbearing at all. Our only frustrations were that she allowed our guests to enter the reception area during cocktail hour, which we had been told wouldn’t happen. We also had to ask to replenish the cake table when it had been empty for a while. Of course, every wedding will have its glitches, and nothing was a deal-breaker. We did find things to be a bit pricey for Maine, though. We were so glad we were able to get married at Point Lookout!

Perfect Maine Venue

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Rebecca B

My wedding was gorgeous thanks to the location and helpful wedding coordinator, Lisa. If you want an event that feels like a million bucks -this is the place for you. The food presentation is amazing, the location is stunning (ex. The Summit facility is overlooking Camden... Read More Harbor), and there are cozy cabins on site for guests to stay! This is the PERFECT Maine wedding venue.

The Perfect Location for a Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 1/29/2013 Joanna T

Everything at Point Lookout was perfect. From the very beginning, the onsite coordinator was extremely helpful in assiting us in any way that we needed. As the day got closer, she really took over everything that needed to be done and eased our nerves. The location is... Read More absolutely beautiful. We were married and had the reception at the Summit. The ceremony took place in front of the fieldstone fireplace and then everyone was able to stay at the Summit for the cocktail hour and reception. Given that it was a winter wedding, it was nice that no one had to drive, and a lot of our guests stayed in the onsite cabins. The food was also delicious. Everything came out perfectly and we got a lot of compliments on the food. I cannot recommend Point Lookout highly enough. Everything was perfect and it was truly a dream wedding.