Treat your guests to some traditional Texas cusine

For over 35 years PoK-e-Jo's has been providing crowd pleasing BBQ & Fajitas to folks in Austin and all over central Texas. We take pride in our outstanding service and flexible menu choices.

Cuisine

American, BBQ, Specialty

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1202 N. IH 35, Austin Area, TX (512) 388-7578

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Vicky G

Thanks to PoK-e-Jo's for the incredible service provided at our wedding this past weekend. David and I got so many compliments on the food and service. We wanted our guests to get a taste of Texas, and you all went above and beyond with your services. You're staff did an amazing... Read More job to make sure the process went smoothly. They were so kind to make sure David and I got food and drinks as we were busy greeting everyone. Even working with you all prior to the wedding went so smoothly, which made wedding planning feel less stressful. You all are professional, affordable, and offer great food and service. We are so thankful to work with you all on our wedding day. Again, thank you so much for being a part of our special day!

2016-06-25T22:11:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this great review! We loved working with you guys at the Wildflower Barn! I am so glad everything was so great and thank you again for the kind words! Congratulations! -Cara, Jason, and the PoK-e-Jo's team!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Susie G

Awesome service, great set-up, and super helpful. The price is amazing, and the food was talked about all night.

All around great!

Reviewed on 1/22/2015 Heather R

Poke-e-Jo's is all around the best- they employ the nicest people ever, and they have great food! For my wedding, we had fajitas, which were absolutely delicious. I really appreciated how much bang for our buck we got- there was plenty of food for everyone, and a ton of variety... Read More for every kind of eater. They were great about accommodating our vegetarian guests as well, and kindly put the veggies for the fajitas separate from the meat. Even though Poke-e-Jo's is pretty casual dining, they really class it up for catering. The buffet table was beautifully set, and they use nice disposable plates/cutlery. As always, the Poke-e-Jo's team went above and beyond, and they were a dream to work with. Thank you, Poke-e-Jo's, for a great wedding day meal!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Lauren P

Everything was amazing!!! The food, the service (bar, cake cutting, set up/flip, clean up) was all top notch! Jason helped us with any questions we had and made it effortless for me. Thank you so much for everything!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Whitney H

Cara and her team were great! Everyone at my wedding was raving about the creamed corn and could not get enough of the food. They gave us portion sizes that were perfect. They were extremely professional and the bar service was great as well. I was able to get everything I... Read More wanted and more without having to compromise. I can't say enough great things about Cara and her team. They helped in every aspect of my wedding, from moving the chairs to serving the cake. I couldn't have asked for a better group to help us out!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Ali H

My wife and I used Pok-E-Jo's to cater our wedding recently and could not have been happier with the level of service we received (the food was excellent too!). Jason was extremely helpful every step of the way. He set up a tasting, helped us put together the menu,... Read More accommodated some special requests, and guided us in the right direction in setting up the day-of. Honestly he almost acted as a wedding planner. The actual day of the wedding was very hands off - we didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was excellent and served right on time. The bartenders were super friendly and efficient. What we were looking for in our vendors was easy to work with, reasonably priced, and someone who would take most of the work off our hands. Jason and Pok-E-Jo's nailed all three.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Emilee L

We used Pok-E-Jos for catering and wedding coordinating and they did a fantastic job. Cara and Jason were AMAZING to work with. Cara is so sweet and on the ball with everything. We got so many compliments on the food and honestly, it was the best dinner we've ever had. The... Read More prime rib and the turkey were amazing. I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Vanessa C

You can't go wrong picking Pok-e-Jo's as your caterer! All of our guests loved the food and went back multiple times for more! Everyone was very professional and the set up looked great! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Lindsay T

PokeJos recently catered our wedding in downtown Austin. We got so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and the servers were incredibly kind and helpful throughout the evening. Their buffet presentation is amazingly classy, especially for a low key bbq joint, and the... Read More portions are absolutely huge. No one left hungry or dissatisfied! If you're looking for a bbq caterer for your reception, look no further!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Emily T

We hired Pok-e-Jo's to cater our wedding very last minute when another caterer fell through! We worked with Jason, and he was so helpful in making our fajita buffet happen, even so close to our wedding. The food was delicious, and the service and staff were great! So many of our... Read More guests told us how wonderful the food was and asked if we could hire them again! The s'mores bar was also a hit and was perfect for our s'mores favors!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Vanessa S

We used Pok-e-Jo's for our wedding on 11/18/16 and they did an amazing job!! From our first contact with Jason we knew we would be in good hands. From our tasting to the actual day, the food was delicious! The staff did a great job serving our food, cutting our cake, setting... Read More up everything in a beautiful way and the bartender Joe always made sure glasses were full (especially mine!). My guests went on and on about how the food was delicious, and this came from some avid BBQ eaters!! The smores and popcorn were awesome additions that really tied in our outdoor rustic theme!! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Claudia A

They were great! Cara and her team from the beginning were super helpful and quick to respond with different quotes and options. The food was even better than the tasting! We had it served family style and there was plenty of food. We had chicken, brisket and ribs and a salad... Read More and beans and potato salad. All were so delicious! We would choose them again and again!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Rachel B

We used Poke-e-Jo's as our wedding caterer. We chose the delivery drop off option and it saved us about $800. We were very satisfied with Jason who coordinated everything for us including our tasting. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an affordable caterer... Read More with delicious food!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Lindsay G

My husband and I recently got married and had Pok-e-jo's do our catering and I am SO glad we went with them! We got soooooooo many compliments on the food!!! Everything went seamlessly and they were so great and easy to work with and so responsive! We had nothing to worry about... Read More the day of and all of the food was great! Our out of town visitors LOVED the barbecue as did all of our local guests! Do yourself a favor and book this place ASAP!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Erin K

Pok-e-Jo's was wonderful to work with! They were very accommodating and always available. They took care of everything the day of the wedding, including picking up linens, set-up, site flip, and clean-up. The staff at the event were very professional. Not to mention everyone... Read More loved the food!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jordan J

Pokejos was a joy to work with - they made the whole process of planning our wedding so much easier! Plus the food was fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Tana C

Thanks to Pok-e-Joe's for helping make our wedding fantastic! We got so many comments about how great the food was on both events they catered. The process was very smooth from beginning to end. The staff did an amazing job. The presentations were wonderful and kept clean at... Read More all times. We appreciated that the bar staff was willing to tell guests no in order to follow our instructions. Job well done!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Estefana N

We used PoK-e-Jo's for our wedding and everything turned out amazing! The food was delicious as always and the team was respectful and kind. If you are searching for a food vendor for your big day, look no further as this company does a wonderful job!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Barbara R

Pokejos was the caterer, as well as the bar service, for our daughter's wedding - THEY WERE EXCEPTIONAL in every way! I have no words to express how INCREDIBLY AWESOME our Pokejos Point of Contact, JASON, was! He literally helped, instructed, assisted, and encouraged me for... Read More the ten months of planning! He answered every single question and concern I had. Jason was extremely reliable and responsive to my every email, phone call, and text! From the moment we met and planned early on, Jason made me feel like 'we' could do this - and we did! The actual wedding day was seamless, because of Jason and his wonderful lead staff person (Fernando) + 4 others. Their service and kindness was impeccable. The food was FANTASTIC!! The bar service was smooth and quick! The staff had some transitioning to do, from outside ceremony to inside cocktail hour to outside dinner reception - and it was perfect! THANKS from the bottom of my heart to Pokejos, to their staff, to Fernando - and ESPECIALLY to Jason! I highly recommend Pokejos!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Kari R

We had Poke-e-Jo's Smokehouse cater our wedding. We had compliments on how great the food was and how kind the staff was all night! The cheese blocks were a huge kit and the flavored popcorn was a yummy touch for a late night snack! Alexis was great to work with throughout the... Read More entire process. I highly recommend them for your catering needs!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Lauren H

Wow!! Pok-e-Jo's catered our wedding and they were amazing! The food was SO good! The perfect Texas BBQ and the guests raved about it! The staff was so friendly and did a great job taking care of everything. Working with Jason for all the planning was a breeze!

2016-07-26T15:18:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! We strive to provide great food and customer service and by the looks of this review it seems we did our job! Thank you again! -Jason, Cara, and all of the PEJ staff

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

We used Pok-e-Jo's for my son's rehearsal dinner. Everything was outstanding! We served appetizers for about 30 minutes before our dinner started - chips, queso and several salsas. We served fajitas for dinner and everything was delicious and it was all presented... Read More beautifully! To top it off, when the speaking portion of our dinner was over and we dismissed our guests, I looked over to see that the food/service tables had been cleaned up and removed and I never heard a thing! They were so quiet and respectful of what was happening. I would highly recommend Pok-e=Jo's!

2016-07-26T15:20:37 Response from the vendor

YAY! Thanks so much - we love reading reviews like this! We loved providing dinner for you and we are so thankful for your kind words! Congratulations again! - Jason, Cara, and the PEJ staff

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Monica M

Yum! Literally all I should have to say about this. We had Pok-E-Jos cater our wedding with their BBQ buffet and it was so great. They were very helpful and accommodating for our guests who were Vegan/Vegetarian. The crew was dressed very professionally and I was highly... Read More impressed. We got compliments on how good the food was all night! One of the groomsmen enjoyed it so much he went up for 4 plates. Needless to say there was plenty of food. High recommend for anyone looking to feed a crowd some good BBQ without breaking the bank.

2016-07-25T15:47:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! We are so happy everything was wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

My daughter had a Texas hill country wedding. Pok-e Jo's staff catered the outdoor rehearsal dinner and the reception. They arrived on time, had plenty of staff to handle our crowd and were very professional and courteous. They kept the tables cleared and the buffet tidy.... Read More The staff was even helping my husband and me at the end of the night making sure we had all of our personal belongings packed away! The tables were set up exactly the way we asked and the appetizers and food served right on time. The easiest part was the planning. Our contact, Jason King, responded immediately to any concerns, changes or questions we had prior to the wedding. Amazing customer service. My daughter is gluten free so wanted fajitas for the reception. Pok-e-Jo's could not have been a better choice!! Thanks so much for making that part of the wedding completely stress free!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Bethany S

The food was absolutely fabulous with their catering services! The only thing I was a little frustrated by was the fact that there were a few items on our menu that got changed so make sure to verify every little detail!

2016-06-25T22:12:53 Response from the vendor

Thanks for leaving this review! I am so glad you enjoyed the food! I would love to talk about the menu with you! Please email me at [email protected] and we can get to to the bottom of it! Thank you and Congratulations again! -PoK-e-Jo's team