Event catering that is uniquely Texas and beyond!

PoK-e-Jo's has been specializing in catering all over central Texas for over 35 years. We pride ourselves on our flexibility, outstanding customer service, and the high level of quality and unique Texas flair we bring to every event. PoK-e-Jo's offers several different service styles and menus to fit your catering needs. We are happy to work with you to create something special just for your event!

Cuisine

Cajun, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Food Trucks, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Kristen S

Ah-mazing! Cara was so easy to work with and so patient with all my emails and phone calls. The food was excellent and a lot of our guests who are from the Austin area were all interested in where it was from! The bartender rocked it and was so much fun. It was a great time and... Read More they made it so stress free! They brought everything from food, tables and linens to our cake plates and togo boxes! You will not regret hiring this team! :)

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Audrey F

If I could give them an eleven I would! The food was great, we had a guest say the Brazos salad was amazing and another say the sausage was the best they had ever had. The staff was easy to work with and the great value just made us feel like savvy planners. If you want barbecue... Read More at your wedding look no further!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Nathan K

Cara, and the team at Pok-E-Jo’s, were a great choice for our wedding day. We were looking for a caterer who could provide the whole gauntlet of services we wanted, and they were right there for everything from bar service, to dinner, to cake service, and more. Cara was great at... Read More answering any and all questions we had from the moment we first contacted her, setting up a tasting at the closest restaurant of theirs to our home before the big day, and following up throughout the time up to our wedding itself. Every service we were looking for their team was able to provide, and we went in knowing that we were going to have food that was great, and that perfect mix between simple and elegant that we were looking for. On our wedding day, the catering team showed up promptly, prepared, and dressed professionally. We rented real china dishes and glassware from them, and everything was laid out beautifully in the reception area for our guests to enjoy. The cocktail hour we had went off without a hitch (according to all reports, as we were taking photos through the lot of it), and when we actually made it into the reception hall itself, the presentation was incredible. Our plates were amply stocked, and with everything perfectly to our liking. Our guests (again from all accounts we’ve received since) had food that was both good and in good quantity. Everyone loved the place settings, and the mac and cheese in particular was a surprise hit! Pok-E-Jo’s provided everything we were looking for in a caterer, with both full service across the big day’s events, and a surprising number of options for cocktail appetizers along with dinner considering they are popularly known as a BBQ restaurant. From simple comfort food like mac and cheese, to classy (and apparently well enjoyed as they were all gone) caprese skewers for appetizers, there was something for everyone at our wedding to enjoy! And as an added bonus we can relive the big day in part whenever we like just by stopping by one of their restaurants and ordering our favorites again!

2017-03-28T10:15:21 Response from the vendor

Anita and Nathan! Y'all are the sweetest and I am so happy we were able to provide everything you were looking for and more! Thank you so much for this sweet review and I wish yall the best and thank you again for choosing PoK-e-Jo's!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Jillian B

Where do I even begin? From the very first email I sent Cara inquiring about Pok-e-Jo's catering service, I have been blown away with their service, professionalism and expertise. Cara was easily accessible and helped throughout every stage of the planning process. For the... Read More wedding we went with BBQ and all of the guests (as well and my husband and I) absolutely LOVED the food. The wedding was 3 weeks ago, and friends and family are still mentioning how great the food was! Not only was the food amazingly delicious but the staff and service was top notch. All the staff was so kind and professional, but especially the bartender! It was a bit chilly for our April wedding and we had not planned on the coffee bar, but staff went out of their way to get us the coffee bar added on the day of the wedding. Pok-e-Jo's far exceeded our expectations and I highly recommend working with them for your wedding or any upcoming party! Thank you so much Cara and the rest of the Pok-e-Jo's staff for helping to make our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Lauren P

Everything was amazing!!! The food, the service (bar, cake cutting, set up/flip, clean up) was all top notch! Jason helped us with any questions we had and made it effortless for me. Thank you so much for everything!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Whitney H

Cara and her team were great! Everyone at my wedding was raving about the creamed corn and could not get enough of the food. They gave us portion sizes that were perfect. They were extremely professional and the bar service was great as well. I was able to get everything I... Read More wanted and more without having to compromise. I can't say enough great things about Cara and her team. They helped in every aspect of my wedding, from moving the chairs to serving the cake. I couldn't have asked for a better group to help us out!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Ali H

My wife and I used Pok-E-Jo's to cater our wedding recently and could not have been happier with the level of service we received (the food was excellent too!). Jason was extremely helpful every step of the way. He set up a tasting, helped us put together the menu,... Read More accommodated some special requests, and guided us in the right direction in setting up the day-of. Honestly he almost acted as a wedding planner. The actual day of the wedding was very hands off - we didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was excellent and served right on time. The bartenders were super friendly and efficient. What we were looking for in our vendors was easy to work with, reasonably priced, and someone who would take most of the work off our hands. Jason and Pok-E-Jo's nailed all three.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Emilee L

We used Pok-E-Jos for catering and wedding coordinating and they did a fantastic job. Cara and Jason were AMAZING to work with. Cara is so sweet and on the ball with everything. We got so many compliments on the food and honestly, it was the best dinner we've ever had. The... Read More prime rib and the turkey were amazing. I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Vanessa C

You can't go wrong picking Pok-e-Jo's as your caterer! All of our guests loved the food and went back multiple times for more! Everyone was very professional and the set up looked great! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Lindsay T

PokeJos recently catered our wedding in downtown Austin. We got so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and the servers were incredibly kind and helpful throughout the evening. Their buffet presentation is amazingly classy, especially for a low key bbq joint, and the... Read More portions are absolutely huge. No one left hungry or dissatisfied! If you're looking for a bbq caterer for your reception, look no further!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Emily T

We hired Pok-e-Jo's to cater our wedding very last minute when another caterer fell through! We worked with Jason, and he was so helpful in making our fajita buffet happen, even so close to our wedding. The food was delicious, and the service and staff were great! So many of our... Read More guests told us how wonderful the food was and asked if we could hire them again! The s'mores bar was also a hit and was perfect for our s'mores favors!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Vanessa S

We used Pok-e-Jo's for our wedding on 11/18/16 and they did an amazing job!! From our first contact with Jason we knew we would be in good hands. From our tasting to the actual day, the food was delicious! The staff did a great job serving our food, cutting our cake, setting... Read More up everything in a beautiful way and the bartender Joe always made sure glasses were full (especially mine!). My guests went on and on about how the food was delicious, and this came from some avid BBQ eaters!! The smores and popcorn were awesome additions that really tied in our outdoor rustic theme!! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Claudia A

They were great! Cara and her team from the beginning were super helpful and quick to respond with different quotes and options. The food was even better than the tasting! We had it served family style and there was plenty of food. We had chicken, brisket and ribs and a salad... Read More and beans and potato salad. All were so delicious! We would choose them again and again!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Rachel B

We used Poke-e-Jo's as our wedding caterer. We chose the delivery drop off option and it saved us about $800. We were very satisfied with Jason who coordinated everything for us including our tasting. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an affordable caterer... Read More with delicious food!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Lindsay G

My husband and I recently got married and had Pok-e-jo's do our catering and I am SO glad we went with them! We got soooooooo many compliments on the food!!! Everything went seamlessly and they were so great and easy to work with and so responsive! We had nothing to worry about... Read More the day of and all of the food was great! Our out of town visitors LOVED the barbecue as did all of our local guests! Do yourself a favor and book this place ASAP!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Erin K

Pok-e-Jo's was wonderful to work with! They were very accommodating and always available. They took care of everything the day of the wedding, including picking up linens, set-up, site flip, and clean-up. The staff at the event were very professional. Not to mention everyone... Read More loved the food!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jordan J

Pokejos was a joy to work with - they made the whole process of planning our wedding so much easier! Plus the food was fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Tana C

Thanks to Pok-e-Joe's for helping make our wedding fantastic! We got so many comments about how great the food was on both events they catered. The process was very smooth from beginning to end. The staff did an amazing job. The presentations were wonderful and kept clean at... Read More all times. We appreciated that the bar staff was willing to tell guests no in order to follow our instructions. Job well done!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Estefana N

We used PoK-e-Jo's for our wedding and everything turned out amazing! The food was delicious as always and the team was respectful and kind. If you are searching for a food vendor for your big day, look no further as this company does a wonderful job!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Barbara R

Pokejos was the caterer, as well as the bar service, for our daughter's wedding - THEY WERE EXCEPTIONAL in every way! I have no words to express how INCREDIBLY AWESOME our Pokejos Point of Contact, JASON, was! He literally helped, instructed, assisted, and encouraged me for... Read More the ten months of planning! He answered every single question and concern I had. Jason was extremely reliable and responsive to my every email, phone call, and text! From the moment we met and planned early on, Jason made me feel like 'we' could do this - and we did! The actual wedding day was seamless, because of Jason and his wonderful lead staff person (Fernando) + 4 others. Their service and kindness was impeccable. The food was FANTASTIC!! The bar service was smooth and quick! The staff had some transitioning to do, from outside ceremony to inside cocktail hour to outside dinner reception - and it was perfect! THANKS from the bottom of my heart to Pokejos, to their staff, to Fernando - and ESPECIALLY to Jason! I highly recommend Pokejos!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Kari R

We had Poke-e-Jo's Smokehouse cater our wedding. We had compliments on how great the food was and how kind the staff was all night! The cheese blocks were a huge kit and the flavored popcorn was a yummy touch for a late night snack! Alexis was great to work with throughout the... Read More entire process. I highly recommend them for your catering needs!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Lauren H

Wow!! Pok-e-Jo's catered our wedding and they were amazing! The food was SO good! The perfect Texas BBQ and the guests raved about it! The staff was so friendly and did a great job taking care of everything. Working with Jason for all the planning was a breeze!

2016-07-26T15:18:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! We strive to provide great food and customer service and by the looks of this review it seems we did our job! Thank you again! -Jason, Cara, and all of the PEJ staff

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

We used Pok-e-Jo's for my son's rehearsal dinner. Everything was outstanding! We served appetizers for about 30 minutes before our dinner started - chips, queso and several salsas. We served fajitas for dinner and everything was delicious and it was all presented... Read More beautifully! To top it off, when the speaking portion of our dinner was over and we dismissed our guests, I looked over to see that the food/service tables had been cleaned up and removed and I never heard a thing! They were so quiet and respectful of what was happening. I would highly recommend Pok-e=Jo's!

2016-07-26T15:20:37 Response from the vendor

YAY! Thanks so much - we love reading reviews like this! We loved providing dinner for you and we are so thankful for your kind words! Congratulations again! - Jason, Cara, and the PEJ staff

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Monica M

Yum! Literally all I should have to say about this. We had Pok-E-Jos cater our wedding with their BBQ buffet and it was so great. They were very helpful and accommodating for our guests who were Vegan/Vegetarian. The crew was dressed very professionally and I was highly... Read More impressed. We got compliments on how good the food was all night! One of the groomsmen enjoyed it so much he went up for 4 plates. Needless to say there was plenty of food. High recommend for anyone looking to feed a crowd some good BBQ without breaking the bank.

2016-07-25T15:47:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! We are so happy everything was wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

My daughter had a Texas hill country wedding. Pok-e Jo's staff catered the outdoor rehearsal dinner and the reception. They arrived on time, had plenty of staff to handle our crowd and were very professional and courteous. They kept the tables cleared and the buffet tidy.... Read More The staff was even helping my husband and me at the end of the night making sure we had all of our personal belongings packed away! The tables were set up exactly the way we asked and the appetizers and food served right on time. The easiest part was the planning. Our contact, Jason King, responded immediately to any concerns, changes or questions we had prior to the wedding. Amazing customer service. My daughter is gluten free so wanted fajitas for the reception. Pok-e-Jo's could not have been a better choice!! Thanks so much for making that part of the wedding completely stress free!