In-Studio and On-Location Bridal Hair & Makeup

We are experts in the art of bridal design and specialize in catering to you and your bridal party wherever you may be. Turn your pre wedding preparation into a time of relaxation at your location or in our salon & boutique. With over 10 years of experience in the bridal beauty industry and 3 years consecutive "Best of Weddings" wins on The Knot, we have the knowledge and expertise needed to make your pre ceremony beauty preparations run smoothly! There is a lot of detailed coordination needed to get everyone in the right place at the right time on your big day. Our team of experts understands the importance of efficiency and above all, our award winning team understands the importance of a photo ready, flawless look. Let us help you design a look as unforgettable as your special day!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spas, Beauty

6504 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan , MI West Michigan, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Northern & Mid Michigan (616) 690-4320

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 lauren b

I can't get over how amazing Davina (both as an all around sweet and awesome human being and her crazy amount of talent) and her team are. As soon as I met her, she asked all the right questions and proceeded to immediately nail both hair and make-up. She and her team know... Read More EXACTLY how to make you the prettiest version of yourself - not overdone, perfect for pictures, and make you feel like you're hanging out with old friends in the process. I can't tell you how thankful I am how gorgeous you made my bridemaids and family - not only did they look beautiful, but they truly felt it :) Thank you for going the extra mile. It doesn't go unnoticed how much you put into this and what a truly great person you are!

Reviewed on 5/07/2015

Amazing. Pomp & Artistry contributed HUGELY to the success of my wedding day. I had looked into other salons near my apartment before I found Pomp & Artistry, and I didn't feel confident any of them would be able to deliver in the way that I needed. I finally found Pomp &... Read More Artistry through a google search and I'm SO glad I did. Davina was great with communication and fit me in to do a trial session on short notice. I had a morning wedding which required Davina and her team to arrive at my apartment 5:45am. She was punctual, organized, and SO helpful! I absolutely loved my hair and makeup! It was such a relief to have that part of my wedding day totally taken care of---and executed so well! I had 6 bridesmaids, 2 junior bridesmaids, myself, and my mom getting hair/makeup done. Everybody looked flawless and we were all so happy to be feeling like our best! Davina and her team listened to us and they were very fun to have there while we were all getting ready together. Wedding planning can be stressful but the wedding day shouldn't be, mine sure wasn't! A big THANK YOU to Davina and Pomp & Artistry!

2015-08-04T21:10:01 Response from the vendor

Hi Alina! Thank you for sharing your experience! Not every bride has the truly amazing attitude you held through every moment leading up to your BIG moment. I was so impressed with your positivity and endless smiles! You and your guests were a pleasure to... Read Less Read More

MCook

Reviewed on 11/11/2013

So happy with my wedding day look! Thank you for an amazing experience. Pomp & Artistry is very professional and made me feel like a queen on my special day. Thanks Davina!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Amanda B

I am so happy I chose Pomp & Artistry to do the hair for my wedding! After having a bad hair trial with someone else I contacted the owner, Davina, and she put me at ease. She really listened to exactly what I wanted! She even dealt with my mother who is extremely difficult to... Read More please. All the girls loved their hair! And my hair lasted all night! She's also super reasonably priced which is a huge bonus.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Maggie R

I got married on May 20th. We wanted to be ready by 3. They told me if we started at 11 it we would be done around then. The two girls that were sent were done around 1. Unfortunately my hair was falling out by 3. I wasn't doing jumping jacks.. just sitting in my room waiting to... Read More get ready. It wasn't just my hair.. all the girls up dos were falling out. It's almost like the straight pins were not secure and p0pong out. With the amount that we paid at 78$ a girl I was extremely disappointed.

2017-06-05T10:28:16 Response from the vendor

Hi Maggie! I just took a little time to pull our photos from your big day and wow does everyone look amazing! Although I wasn't with you on the 20th I did speak to both of your team members who are highly seasoned artists. They... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Christine S

Davina and team are AMAZING! First- Davina stayed on the phone with me for over an hour while I was lost for my hair trial. They are extremely good at what they do. They showed up on time and we were ahead of schedule. And brides- TRUST THEM. I don't wear make up often, so... Read More seeing myself done up is a shock. But the makeup looked amazing and lasted all days and the pictures are better because of it! Thank you Pomp and Artistry!!

2017-06-05T10:35:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so thankful you gave us the opportunity to contribute to your special memories! Wishing you so much happiness and beauty in your life as Mr. and Mrs! Davina

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 K S

Showed up 1 hour after original time. Davinia didn't answer emails the day before confirming or she didn't answer the phone calls day of as I was worried after 30 mins as she was late... just added more stress to my morning then needed.

2017-06-05T09:36:53 Response from the vendor

Hi Katie! We spent a little time looking into this and would love to connect to discuss the things that you've stated here in your review. We do generally take 24 to 48 hours to respond to emails on Friday through Sunday as we are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Jenna T

Davina and her team of artists were absolutely incredible! Everyone in my bridal party was so pleased with how their hair and makeup turned out. I would definitely recommend Pomp & Artistry to any bride :) thanks again, Davina!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Karen S

It was wonderful working with Davina leading up to and on the day of our wedding. She was able to accommodate getting myself, my four bridesmaids, and my mother ready and beautiful in a short time frame and was extremely personable and pleasant throughout the day. I can't... Read More recommend Pomp & Artistry enough!

2017-06-05T10:32:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with future brides! Wishing you so much happiness as Mr. and Mrs! Davina

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Amanda J

I worked with Pomp and Artistry for my wedding on October 14, 2016. They were very nice to work with and flexible with me about the location and times. My hair and makeup was beautiful and they even provided me with an emergency kit incase i needed it. Espcially in the Grand... Read More Rapids area, this service can get expensive but I felt that they were very reasonable comparitive to the other people in the area! They were also very professional, but still fun and relaxing. Stayed within our timeframe needed and was even done a bit early!

2017-06-05T10:31:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to join you on your special day! Our team is wishing you so much beauty and happiness moving forward! Davina

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jackie F

This place was amazing! They met us at a hotel in Kalamazoo and got everyone looking gorgeous for the wedding. My hair and makeup stayed perfect all night which I was worried about. We were done by 1 and it still looked great after midnight with only lip gloss needing touch... Read More ups, which is expected. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing hair and makeup. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding day so special.

2017-06-05T10:30:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We enjoyed contributing to your special day and wish you so much beauty and happiness moving forward! Davina

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kristen O

This is actually the second wedding that I have had Pomp & Artistry do my hair/make up for (first my friend's two years ago, and now mine!) and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. Davina was wonderful to work with and really helpful in helping me plan my big... Read More day look! Great value for full airbrush make up & up dos for my bridal party AND they came onsite to do all of it (which is GREAT because then you don't need to worry about wind/weather messing up they're work and it's far more relaxing). My make up was perfect and I couldn't believe how much hair they made me look like I had (I have long hair, but it's super fine/thin)... a couple of people actually asked me if I had extensions lol! 5 STARS!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michelle D

Davina came to my wedding location on my special day just to do my hair and makeup (I didn't have any attendants or anyone else that required hair and makeup). That says a lot right there that she was willing to make the trip just for one person! She was so personable and... Read More listened to my ideas and how I wanted to look on my wedding day. I felt like I had been her friend for a long time and we had just met! I was so pleased with how everything turned out. Davina did an amazing job and I couldn't have asked for better service or better accommodations! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lisa B

After what felt like endless searching for someone that I felt like I connected with I came across Pomp & Artistry online. Davina was great throughout the whole process and I ended up with the perfect hair and makeup that I had been wanting. She was very accommodating and great... Read More to work with!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Leanne W

ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY BY POMP ARTISTRY! Davina did an incredible job on my airbrush make-up! It was stunning, natural and absolutely what I wanted! She was so sweet and helpful! I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Brittni M

Pomp & Artistry is AMAZING. I was a little hesitant at first due to the way they do certain things such as: I was told each persons hair would only take 30 mins. However, that is because THEY ARE THAT EXCELLENT AND EFFICIENT. Everyone looked absolutely amazing and they did... Read More everything they could to make my family, bridesmaids & I look the way we wanted. I cant thank them enough and I definitely recommend them!!! Also, Davina is AWESOME.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Michelle C

My experience with Pomp & Artistry was horrible. I searched for services in the area of Holland knowing I would not be able to do any kind of trial beforehand as we live in Kentucky. The reason I chose their services, was because of the amazing reviews & awards on The Knot, &... Read More because the prices seemed reasonable. I was willing to spend a lot of money to have someone make me look amazing on my big day. I was detailed in my contract & emailed pictures. Let me tell you what I got. I had a terrible time getting in touch w/ Davina in the few weeks before my wedding which was very stressful. She didn't even have my contract or the email prepared when she spoke to me. 12:30 they stylists arrive on time day of. We were not sure where they would want to set up in the house we were staying in & when I started giving them options they just stood & stared at me so I finally told them I guessed we would do it in the kitchen area. They get started & everything seemed to be going ok until one of my bridesmaids hair turned out absolutely nothing like the picture we had provided for the stylist. My MOH's hair style was an obvious struggle for her & instead of being honest & saying she wasn't comfortable with the style, she continued to attempt it & wasting a lot of our time finishing a style wasn't or what we wanted Now to "makeup." For the price, we expected beautiful coverage with the airbrush makeup. We all have very good skin, so its not as we were asking them to cover large amounts of blemishes. None of us looked like we had foundation on our face at all. One of my $10 drugstore foundations has way better coverage & longevity than this makeup did. With the eyeshadow, I had a dark smokey eye all the way up to my eyebrows in a perfect unblended "C". I asked for a slightly winged liner & got wings that pointed in different directions & when I asked her to fix it I ended up with two wings pointing a different direction on one eye. My MOH's liner was uneven, crooked, & had bumps all over. I asked for her to fill in my brows a little & shape them. I got a powder brushed on that was lighter than my hair & didn't fill in anything. Lastly the lashes. I wanted dramatic lashes which they did have one pair for me, & she tried to just leave them on my eye saying that they had built in adhesive. They were clearly not attached to anything on either end so she used glue & placed them on. At this point I was so upset with the appearance of my face, I told her it was fine. We were running out of time & my hair still had to be finished. I was to have my hair down, parted deeply to the side & in finger waves. What I got was painful non stop brushing of curls that kept bouncing back up. She clearly did not know how to shape finger waves. The curls were too tight and she could not control them. Finally she stopped & I just told her it looked fine. We paid them & I had to run to the bathroom & attempt to blend out my eyeshadow & fill in my brows. The lashes were placed too far towards the outside of my eye & falling down. I had one strand of hair hanging down that was straight. I had to pin it up walking out the door. On the way to the venue, my lashes were falling off & I had to go through my entire ceremony & pictures with my lashes flapping in the wind. My bridesmaids also had to go fix their makeup themselves. I do not believe their services were worth the price considering my makeup looked better when I went and fixed it during my reception.

2016-09-20T10:23:05 Response from the vendor

Hi Michelle, Thank you for taking the time to share such an in depth perspective of your experience with some of our team members. I did have the opportunity to see photos of you and your guests and you all looked beautiful. I wish I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Brielle M

I knew as soon as I began communication with Davina that her team would be doing my hair and makeup for my wedding. Amazing communication-responses within 24 hours usually, open to suggestions, and incredibly receptive. At my trial we played around with a more dramatic-glamorous... Read More look, and for the day of we decided to tone it down for a more natural look; but both were stunning. I had a time crunch with 7 bridesmaids and 2 mothers for hair and makeup, but Davina and team were on time, calm, collected & moved through each girl on time with no hiccups, I've never had such great service with any other hair and makeup team. Both mothers, who have never had makeup professionally done LOVED their looks & couldn't praise the team enough. All my girls had different, unique styles that held through my hot and humid wedding no problem. We were complimented all night and the girls just glowed. One is even hiring out the team for her upcoming wedding she loved her look so much. I promise, you will not be disappointed in booking Pomp & Artistry.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

I absolutely loved working with Davina and her assistant Emily on our wedding day! As an out of town bride getting married back in Michigan, Davina was incredibly easy to work and coordinate with over email leading up the wedding. And on the big day itself, not only did she make... Read More me feel and look like royalty, but both her and Emily were a fun and calming presence to spend the morning with. Their go with the flow demeanor when it came to the schedule and getting everyone through the chairs made for a fun, relaxing, and organized morning of the wedding. And, everyone looked gorgeous to boot!! It's also worth noting that Davina and Emily both traveled up to Northern Michigan for our big day, so we were able to get ready in the comfort of a cottage. This convenience only made the day even more enjoyable, as me and by bridesmaids didn't have to worry about any transportation logistics on the morning of. It was such an incredibly special and beautiful day, and I owe so much thanks to Davina and Emily for helping to make it so!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Lindsey M

Pomp & Artistry did an amazing job on our hair! I had two hair trials with Davina and Amanda leading up to my big day and even though I still didn't have a style nailed down after my second trial, I was completely confident they would deliver on the big day. My only minor... Read More complaints were that Davina kept telling me my hair was too thick & heavy to do the style that I wanted so she tried talking me into doing something else I didn't like. And come the wedding day I still didn't know who was doing my hair - I had a trial with Davina, and a trial with Amanda. This was a little stressful for me as the bride - not knowing who was styling my hair. Amanda ended up being my stylist and I absolutely loved my hair on my wedding day! It came out perfect and held fairly well throughout the day/night. I had to add a few bobby pins throughout the night but overall it kept really well! The bridal party and the mothers also looked amazing! And if anyone didn't like how something looked, it was voiced and they fixed it until everyone was happy. Amanda and Davina were able to listen to critique and deliver the look everyone wanted. They were also very punctual and whipped everyone's hair out super fast. I would highly recommend them for your future hair needs :)

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kirstin F

The stylists at Pomp and Artistry are phenomenal! Davina, the owner is extremely friendly and totally eased my nerves as a bride. I loved my hair and my make up and felt so beautiful on my big day and so did my bridesmaids that all got their hair and makeup done. My trial went... Read More fantastic and this is when I decided to book Pomp and Artistry, the prices were extremely reasonable so I told all of my bridesmaids about it and showed them pictures and they of course all wanted their hair and make up done as well! On the day, they came to our hotel and got 8 girls hair and make up done with time to spare for pictures with the photographer before we left! They even leave you with an emergency kit for hair or makeup touchups you may need throughout the night. I HIGHLY recommend them for any future brides looking for a fantastic bridal stylist!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Elizabeth

Wonderful service! I was looking specifically for a team that would be able to come to me and service a very large group with speed and style! I found Pomp & Artistry on the knot, and the reviews convinced me to hire them for my big day. Davina was great to work with. The... Read More morning of the wedding we had a team from Pomp and Artistry arrive at the house in the early morning and work with my bridal party for 4 hours. They were like an assembly line! Everyone looked stunning. All the girls were so happy with the way it worked out. And for me -- I was unbelievably happy. They were able to work my hair in the way I envisioned completely! And it looked amazing the entire day and evening. Thank you to Davina and her team for all their hard work! I highly recommend Pomp and Artistry.

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Jennifer S

Davina and team did a wonderful job making be feel beautiful on my wedding day! All the ladies in my party looked flawless.

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Megan S

I knew Davina from my days at another store where she worked the make-up counter. I knew she was a great make-up artist so when I got engaged I was eager to work with her for me and my bridesmaids. Davina was easy to work with and my girls and me looked BEAUTIFUL! The make-up... Read More lasted all night and looked flawless in photos. I would highly recommend Pomp & Artistry for your upcoming wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

My best friend recommended Pomp & Artistry and she had used them on her wedding day. She looked amazing. I almost didn't get in with them because they book up so quickly but Davina made it happen. They came to us with a team of stylists and made my entire bridal party look so... Read More beautiful. I've never felt so pretty. My bridesmaids have been in weddings before and they all told me that they have never had hair and makeup that lasted so long and looked so good!

Davina Bryan

With over 10 years of experience in the bridal beauty industry, Davina knows just how many stars need to align to make your special day a flawless experience for you and your guests! Davina is a licensed cosmetologist and cosmetology educator and has worked as a makeup artist for several major cosmetic lines.