Is this your business? claim it now

Poor House Farm Park - Martinsburg-Berkeley County Parks & Recreation

Barn/Farm

273 Woodbury AVE, Martinsburg, WV

Great location!

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 criste m

We had our November wedding at this venue. It is in the middle of a park. The park is open to the public but you can pay to have the whole park for the day as well. For us, it wasn't a big deal for others to be at the park during our reception. The landscaping is lovely with a pond, bridge, geese, ducks and of course the beautiful barn. The stone barn has wooden floors, old beams, and window alcoves. The venue provides tables and chairs. There is a refrigerator, but no running water. The bathroom is located in a building beside the barn since the park is open to public. This wasn't a problem for us either. The biggest problem was that there is a second smaller room that can be used for serving a buffet. Guests are not allowed to be seated there at this time. Good thing....because there was no heat in that room. It was definitely chilly in there! Our caterer and bartender were in winter coats. At this time there is no air conditioning although it is in the plans in the near future. The beams are decorated with lights that add an ambiance. There is also a balcony off the main room. We rented the barn for the entire day and were then able to get it for the previous day as well at half price. We were able to decorate and hold our rehearsal dinner there too. We absolutely loved this venue for our wedding reception and received lots of compliments.

Lovely location

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Becky E

I had my wedding there on Sept. 1st 2012. The location was gorgeous, and there were so many places there to take pictures. We had about a hundred people there and at the last minute it rained right before our ceremony and we had to move the ceremony indoors. I was surprised that we had enough space for everyone with very little effort. The grounds there are very pretty. My only two complaints are that the bathrooms are typical park bathrooms and detached from the barn and that they charged us 400 bucks to get in the night before to decorate even though they didn't have anything going on there that night. But overall the cost was great. We paid 800 for the barn and the grounds for the whole day.

3/20/2013 Response from Britney, the member

I have booked this venue for my wedding, I also paid to use the land adjacent, I just wanted to know how you ladies did it? How did you set up, did you use the outside or have the ceremony and reception in the same... Read Less Read More

Loretta Miller

Reviewed on 7/08/2012 Loretta M

The place was beautiful, and everyone commented on how pretty it was. It's a renovated barn, and you can fix it anyway you like it! You can also use the greenspace outside at a price. It doesn't have air conditioning, but it has fans. They clean after every wedding, so you don't have to worry about that. You can ask for as many chairs as they can accommodate. We had our ceremony and reception there. It was beautiful!

TO Poor House Farm Park - Martinsburg-Berkeley County Parks & Recreation