Portsmouth Country Club

Greenland, NH

Book Your Wedding with Portsmouth Country Club

A BALLROOM IN GREENLAND, NH

The Portsmouth Country Club in Greenland, New Hampshire, offers a terrific wedding venue for outdoor or indoor wedding ceremonies and receptions, any time of the year, for a guest list of up to 200. This venue is easily accessible to all of the major seacoast highways so you can invite all of your distant relatives. The Portsmouth Country Club is appropriate for smaller gatherings too. Additionally, the golf course is known as one of the finest and most challenging courses in New Hampshire. The Great Bay waterfront makes a beautiful backdrop for your wedding photos and even for your ceremony. The Portsmouth Country Club is a private club, but anyone can marry there. Discuss with your wedding coordinator about holding your ceremony on a hillside with the verdant golf course and water views in the background.

Centennial Ballroom. This beautiful room can seat up to 150. Featuring grand windows with fantastic views and elegant carpet and lighting, this hall is an ideal place to dine together and dance with your wedding-goers. In the winter, the hall can be expanded into the lounge, so 200 of your guests can enjoy your special day.

Outdoor Patio. This location is ideal for a cocktail hour and appetizers right after you exchange vows. Ask your wedding point person just how many this location comfortably entertains. The patio is covered.

Before your wedding day, you can plan on having your bridal shower and a rehearsal dinner at the Portsmouth Country Club. Plus, the restaurant, The Clipper Lounge, is a good place to meet before or after the event to extend visiting with out-of-town friends and family. Your wedding is the only event of the day, so you can be sure all goes exactly as planned. Ceremony chair setup and rental are extra. You have a total of five hours for your reception or you can upgrade to the Ultimate Package to enjoy a five-and-a-half-hour reception.

There are so many dining options for you to choose from as you celebrate your nuptials, including a buffet or served, plated meal. Your reception can reflect exactly the tone and mood you prefer and the staff can assist you in creating the level of formality you two desire for your event. Dine indoors or, when the weather is nice, dine outside on the club's patio.

The club offers you a selection of fine linens in a wide color assortment so you can decorate the banquet hall tables according to your wedding colors. Upgrade your wedding package to customize the banquet hall even more with the chair covers and sashes of your choosing. Also, hurricane lamps with tapered candles adorn your tables as centerpieces, if you so choose. All wedding packages include full bar and coffee and tea service. A champagne toast is also part of any package you select.

• Meet with the event planning staff an unlimited amount of times
  • Wedding cake service

Affordable Elegance

Portsmouth Country Club will impress your guests with our enticing cuisine and classic elegance that is perfectly complemented by the gracious hospitality of our staff. We also offer on-site ceremonies on our beautiful hillside overlooking the golf course and Great Bay.

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

80 Country Club Lane, Greenland, NH (603) 436-9791

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Laura L

Our wedding was fabulous and the party of the year thanks to Ariel and her staff at the Portsmouth Country Club. The Portsmouth Country Club has it all. Affordable packages for every budget, amazing food, wonderful staff, and a beautiful setting you can turn into whatever your... Read More heart desires. Our wedding was over a month ago and our guests are still talking about it. A few things went wrong with other vendors, but I never heard about it until a few days later because Ariel took care of it without blinking an eye. I felt like I had my very own wedding planner. Ariel responded immediately to all my emails. She honored my every request. I highly recommend the Portsmouth Country Club as the best place for a wedding on the seacoast.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Sarah M

Could not be happier. I had an amazing day and everyone especially Ariel was extremely helpful. Would definitely recommend the Portsmouth Country Club to anyone !

Great venue, Great service, Great price!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Danielle H

When my husband and I decided to start looking for venues, we knew that we didn't want to spend our entire life savings but we didn't want to compromise on quality of our venue. Portsmouth Country Club offered everything that we wanted and more! Kevin & Ariel did such a great... Read More job helping us get everything done for our wedding day. I can be quite the control freak and they were amazing at responding to every question we had and even supplying photos of previous wedding setups so we could ensure our vision was going to become the reality at our wedding. They made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it, straight down to the folding style of the napkins and the setup of the floorplan. During the planning process we were invited to a tasting event to sample the meal options. We chose to bring my maid of honor and her husband for their opinions. I cannot tell you how many times they told me how impressed they were with the setup of displays, the organization of events and the food options were amazing. It was a nice chance to meet the chef and discuss options available for our wedding package for vegetarian, gluten free and kids meal options. The day of the wedding was perfect! Ariel was on top of everything and made sure that we were where we needed to be at the right times. At the last minute we realized that I had forgotten to pack something for cards to go in on the gift table. Ariel raided the venue and supplied a basket for us to use. At the end of cocktail hour, Kevin organize all of our guests on the green in front of the patio for a group picture. Such a great picture, I can’t wait to have it blown up to hang on our wall! It has been two months since our wedding and people are still talking about the food and the service. If I ever organize another event in the future, Portsmouth Country Club is at the top of my list for venue options. You would not regret choosing Portsmouth Country Club and their team to host your event!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Sandi D

I would highly recommend the Portsmouth Country Club as a wedding venue! We had our wedding ceremony and reception at PCC. We had a small wedding of 46 guests total, and PCC made us feel very welcome and special. Ariel was fantastic in coordinating the day and answering my MANY... Read More questions before the wedding and the day of, to make me feel completely confident and comfortable. Luckily, since it was a Friday wedding, we were able to set up most of the decorations ourselves the day before and the staff did a great job of finishing up the setup the day of. I was very pleased with the staff packing up the entire venue at the end of the night and even packing it for us into my parent’s vehicle! The venue has beyond amazing photo opportunities with the tree-lined road coming in and the hills and greenery in the back. We did our first look at the adorable stone potting shed out front. The food was delicious and had guests raving about it. We felt confident in the food having gone to PCC’s wedding tasting event a few months before. We loved our wedding at the Portsmouth Country Club!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Alexa K

Great location, friendly, helpful and professional staff, good food = best wedding ever! The Portsmouth Country Club did an amazing job for our wedding- we chose the ultimate package and it was worth it! They were so helpful and took care of all the details- and there were a lot... Read More of details, baskets of decorations, and special requests- they nailed all of it. Ariel, Roberta and the entire staff were great to work with. I highly recommend the country club if you want a beautiful setting for your wedding and if you want an 'A team' of professionals helping you pull off the best day ever! The PCC staff takes care of everything so you can enjoy your wedding day. Ariel even helped fix my dress when my bustle broke midway through the reception! I can't thank them enough for everything they did to make sure we had the best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Scott K

We had a blast at the country club and would highly recommend this facility for your event. Admittedly there were a few miscues on having scheduled meetings however, overall the event went off without a hitch. We had some rather specific set up instructions that they were able... Read More to take care of without a hitch. The staff was friendly and a pleasure to deal with and Ariel, our coordinator, was great. The food was something that everyone raved about and the backdrop of the golf course was great for pictures. You couldn't go wrong with choosing this location for your reception.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Gabrielle D

We just had our wedding at the Portsmouth Country Club on September 17th 2016 and couldn't have asked for a better day! The venue was set up just the way I wanted, the staff was very friendly, and the food and drinks were great! Ariel (the wedding coordinator) was always... Read More available for me to talk to leading up to the wedding. She was nice, flexible and most importantly always kept her word. I would definitely suggest this venue to any 2017 Brides! Thank you everyone at the PCC for an amazing day! We appreciate it more than words can express!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 darlene e

Best Day Ever! PCC was absolutely the very best choice for us. The location was perfect for all our California and Illinois guests to find. The tranquil setting with gardens and lovely sunset after the cake cutting seemed especially custom made for us. Arielle, the banquet... Read More director, was always responsive and easy to reach. She assisted my choices every step of the way and gave me great feedback. During the wedding, she kept everything on track and under control without being intrusive and always with a smile on her face! She even made a very important special request in honor of my son Aaron happen. That meant the world to us! And I have to mention the food... we had gluten free guests, vegan, and vegetarian guests and they all raved about the food! The prime rib was excellent but the arugula pesto ravioli was scrumptious. Their little special touches like the chocolate covered strawberry with cake service just shows how much it means to PCC to make each and every client happy. I will certainly use them again! Darlene J. Ellis the new Mrs. Z.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Chelsea K

Portsmouth Country Club was a great venue! The wedding day went really well, the food was unbelievable and the venue itself was beautiful as well. The best part was working with the event coordinator, Ariel, she was awesome.! She was always very responsive throughout the whole... Read More planning process. We had complete trust and faith that the day would run smoothly, and we were more than pleased with the results.

A+ Portsmouth Country Club

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Biz J

Ariel and Kevin were the most attentive and helpful people while we were planning our wedding. They say that finding the venue is tough and getting all the details is stressful, but my husband and I found the reception to be the easiest and least stressful thing to plan about... Read More our wedding (probably in large part due to the fact that we chose PCC). One of the most important things when deciding where to host our reception was how professional, and how comfortable we were with the staff. We didn't want to have our reception in a place where it seemed like something could go awry and we would have to worry about fixing it. PCC went above and beyond our expectations - even to the point of coordinating our sparkler send off at the end with their staff. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping make our big day go by so smoothly!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Stephanie P

First things first, all of our guests have let us know they enjoyed our wedding at the Portsmouth Country Club and thought the atmosphere, food, and experience were lovely. PCC is both nice looking and one of the most affordable wedding venues in the Portsmouth area. However, I... Read More didn't entirely enjoy my experience working with the PCC over the year between when I paid my deposit to reserve our date, and the day of our wedding. There were several interactions that added stress to planning our event. Before paying a deposit, my fiance and I asked many questions about our use of the club's facilities, specifics about the minimum expenditure requirements since we were planning to have fewer than 100 people, etc. The staff was responsive when we had questions both before booking and throughout the planning process, but we were not impressed when 6 months after signing our contract a price increase was announced and deemed effective for our meals & minimum. Additionally, we were frustrated that despite every other wedding venue offering personal menu tastings; PCC did not offer this even for an additional charge. Instead, all weddings being hosted at PCC are expected to attend a single wedding tasting event on a Thursday evening in March (our families couldn't make it from out of town during the week) where we were seated with other couples and served a buffet meal while the PCC hosted a wedding expo. Given no input in the tasting, we weren't able to try any of the menu items we were interested in. It was efficient for the Country Club, and gave an example of how the buffet would work if that was your choice, but was not the intimate, personalized attention most caterers offer their couples. Despite the contract specifying "a minimum expenditure equal to 100 guests at the silver rate" which was too vague, as we learned following the price increase; when we finalized our menu the general manager attempted to explain that the full price of guests at the more expensive packages did not apply toward the minimum, because the package rates where the hosts pay for alcohol do not provide PCC enough bar revenue compared to the silver package where the entire event has a cash bar. As a result of this new revelation, we were required to come up with additional expenses to meet the higher minimum expenditure for the package level we wanted to serve our guests. Although we had decided to rent linens because the short table linens they provide are more appropriate to a corporate lunch, rather than looking elegant at a wedding; being required to rent them really left us feeling nickel and dimed. For the price of a wedding reception at this venue, I wouldn't have thought it unreasonable to have nicer looking chairs or full length table linens included. The PCC hired a new events coordinator 6 weeks before our wedding, and she was great to work with, although I wish the general manager had dealt with introducing us to her better than forwarding our emails and ceasing communication with us. At our first meeting, Ariel got the unfortunate task of informing us that we were no longer going to be allowed to use the golf course for photos, and as non-members could only use the gardens on the clubhouse for photo backgrounds rather than going to the edge of Great Bay. However, Ariel was extremely helpful, got us through the close-to-the-wedding details, and was present the day of the event, which ultimately went well despite costing a few hundred dollars more.

2015-07-31T12:32:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We are so happy to hear that your guests enjoyed themselves and our venue while attending your wedding. We are, however, saddened to hear that your interactions with the club and its staff did not meet... Read Less Read More

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 7/04/2015

We just tied the knot at PCC and couldn't have been more happy with our choice. The grounds are beautiful, the food excellent, and the staff top notch. On top of that, it's one of the more reasonably priced spots on the NH seacoast.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 Hannah

We got really lucky with PCC. It rained the morning of our wedding but the staff did an amazing job and were willing to wait until basically the last minute (about an hour before our wedding) to make the call. Thankfully it cleared up. The chairs were dried and you'd have had no... Read More idea. The food was incredible. The staff was supportive and able to do whatever we needed. The grounds were perfect for pictures. We got amazing sunset pictures and some really beautiful pictures with great fall colors behind us. Definitely would recommend.

Beautiful Location, Great Food!

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Maria L

We had our ceremony and reception at the Portsmouth Country Club. It was beautiful! Kevin and Jacki were both very helpful and flexible. The outdoor ceremony space is lovely. We were not able to enjoy the cocktail hour under the covered patio but our guests had nothing but... Read More great things to say about it. The food was delicious; both the food at the cocktail hour and the dinner. Our guests expressed how much they liked the food. The reception space looked great. We used the hurricane lamp/candle centerpieces provided by the country club and they were perfect. The candles added to the ambiance of the room. Our florist put loose petals around the hurricane lamp. Kevin was prompt in answering e-mails and made himself available to us for meetings during the planning process. I would absolutely recommend the Portsmouth Country Club!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Melissa G

We could not have been any happier about our choice to have our wedding at the Portsmouth Country Club. It is a beautiful venue and they have many choices that will fit into just about any budget. Sue, Kevin, and the rest of the staff were amazing. They are incredibly easy to... Read More work with and we felt that we didn't have to worry about anything on the day of our wedding. The food was delicious and we are still receiving compliments over a month later about how great the food was. We would choose the Portsmouth Country Club again without hesitation!

Gorgeous and more affordable than most!

Reviewed on 7/12/2012 Karen V

I loved everything about the Portsmouth Country Club! From my initial eval, through to the things we left behind after the wedding, Kevin and Sue were great to deal with. They answered everyone of my emails promptly, and I sent a ton as an overly organized bride! They made... Read More fantastic food recommendations for the few things we couldn't decide upon ourselves, which was helpful being we were planning this from out of state. Our guests are still contacting us to give rave reviews on the food, the venue and the service! This venue is on par with many of the much more expensive venues we spoke with! I wish we could do it all over again, and have no doubt we would choose PCC again if we could!

I couldn't be happier!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2011 Sue M

Sue and Kevin at the Portsmouth Country Club were amazing. Our ceremony was supposed to be outside. Of course, it rained!! Sue had 2 alternate areas set up inside so I could have a choice. The food was amazing. They bent over backwards to make us feel special. We have already... Read More scheduled a family party at the club.

Food, staff and setting were FANTASTIC!

Reviewed on 10/06/2010 Julie S

I can not say enough about the Portsmouth Country Club. Kevin and Sue were amazing over the past year of planning and when it came time for the big day, they really delivered! The room was set up beautifully. We were allowed to bring in our stuff the day before which was a big... Read More help, especially coming in from out of state. The food was delicious. I am still getting compliments on everything, particularly the size of the shrimp in the shrimp cocktail, the yummy crab cakes and the filet. The presentation of the food was also beautiful. I can honestly say that I have no complaints about the country club. Everything they did was wonderful, they were accommodating and KIND. They genuinely seem to care about providing the best experience possible and we are so happy that we chose PCC so host our wedding.

We loved Portsmouth Country Club :]

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Samantha A

Sue was fantastic to work with. My husband and I would absolutely recommend this venue to other couples. Sue went out of her way to make sure all our needs were met to our specifications. She even made sure a plate of appetizers were placed on our sweetheart table since my... Read More husband was disappointed he would miss the cheese and cracker plate! The hall was the perfect size and overlooked the beautiful green golf course. Everything was meticulously manicured and the sun sank right in front of the large windows! My husband and I were able to relax during the wedding planning process. Thank you Sue!

2010-08-11T16:42:51 Response from the vendor

Samantha and Eric, I am so happy to know that your wedding reception at Portsmouth Country Club was as perfect as you imagined it would be. You were a wonderful couple to work with and I wish you many, many years of happiness together. Sue