Positively Charmed! Custom Ceremonies & Boutique Decor

Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Metro Area! WI Too!

The Perfect Language & Setting for Your True Love!

Your ceremony, which we create together, will be the perfect expression of your love, and...the process will be joyful, insightful, and romantic! Your Custom Wedding Ceremony will be all about the two of you and your lives together. I can also assist in "setting the stage", with gorgeous boutique decor!

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Christian, Interfaith, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Getting Engaged, Ceremony, Wedding

Se Habla Español, Planning

100 West Franklin Avenue Suite 202, Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Metro Area! WI Too!

Wedding MVP (officiant + decor)

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Danielle H

Leslie is phenomenal. It's difficult to put into words how much magic Leslie added to our **best day ever** :). We found Leslie via a search on the knot and she was actually the first officiant we met with. I can't recall how long our first meeting was supposed to last, but I do... Read More know that we were there over two hours, talking, laughing, and feeling as if we were catching up with an old friend. Walking out of Leslie's (gorgeous) office, we were sold. We met with a few other people to do our due diligence, but there was no question. Leslie truly LISTENED to what we wanted for our ceremony; we had (what we felt were) a few unique requests to balance our preferences with family tradition. Leslie understood and incorporated them beautifully. Not only did Leslie listen, but she also provided suggestions and advice. We appreciated that - she is the expert! She has a fantastic arsenal of quotes, ideas, etc. that really do come together to create a customized ceremony. Throughout the wedding planning process, we also identified the need to rent decor. As our "wedding MVP", of course, Leslie was our choice! Again, she listened to our vision and executed it beautifully. Leslie met with our florist to ensure consistency and alignment with all decor elements - truly going above and beyond. We loved our meetings with Leslie preceding the wedding day. As I stated before, it was as if we were meeting with an old friend (but also a wise mentor and truly incredibly spiritual guide). Leslie was thorough, organized, and simply "on it". Leslie's execution on our wedding day was flawless. Our decor was perfect and the ceremony was a dream. EVERYONE raved about her afterwards and wanted to know "how we knew her", because it was so personalized. We joked afterwards that Leslie and her team were ninjas - when we went to check on the decor at the conclusion of the wedding, it was already cleaned up! We have no idea how they quickly and quietly took care of tear down without a single person noticing --- fabulous! I was a bride who looked at all reviews, so I've racked my brain to see if there is any "constructive criticism" I can give.... I've got nothing. I would recommend Leslie to anyone and everyone.

SO glad I chose Positively Charmed!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Lizzie E

My fiancé and I did a preliminary meeting with Leslie before we committed to her service to make sure it was a good fit. I can honestly say that within 10 minutes of talking with her, we both felt really comfortable and there was no question that we wanted to go with her... Read More services. Leslie makes a real attempt to get to know you, both as individuals and as a couple, and she uses those insights to write a beautiful and personalized ceremony. In addition, we found her premarital counseling to be extremely helpful, she is a great listener and is able to help you find common ground in areas that might not be your strong suits as a couple. It was a nice feeling to walk down the aisle and feel like the person marrying us really knew us! And our friends and families all commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony. I would highly recommend her services and I'm so glad she was part of our wedding day.

Best Ceremony Ever!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jodi U

Leslie of Positively Charmed was absolutely amazing. She continually exceeded our expectations throughout the entire process. Going into our planning, we had no idea who we wanted to marry us. We talked about having a family member or friend officiate, but decided that was a... Read More lot of pressure. We ended up finding out about Positively Charmed from our venue and decided to set up a meeting. From the moment we sat down, we instantly felt comfortable with Leslie. She took a lot of time to meet with us and get to know us and our relationship. She laid out her process with us and said we could meet with her as many times as we wanted in the months leading up to our big day. After that first meeting, we instantly knew we wanted her to officiate our ceremony. In the near months leading up to our ceremony we met with Leslie again and she put together the most amazing, customized ceremony for us. We were blown away. We read her script together at home. We laughed and cried and I think we only had one tiny edit in the entire thing. When it came time for our rehearsal, Leslie did an amazing job leading the dry run. She kept it simple yet informative. Everyone knew what they were supposed to do. It was short and to the point so we could get back to having fun with our loved ones. The day of our ceremony, Leslie was absolutely perfect. Our ceremony was the most beautiful, true, insightful, loving event. She did such a good job of capturing our relationship and describing it to all that were in the room. We were so fortunate to have discovered Leslie of Positively Charmed. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant and a truly personalized ceremony. She's the best! And it was nice to have someone in charge of the ceremony details who is a professional. Having a loved one do the ceremony would have been memorable, but having Leslie manage the details and not have to worry about them was worth so much more and we will have the best memories of our ceremony forever.

Leslie to the rescue!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Ann M

I had a vision and knew after we talked and then met everything would be perfect, and it was! She is a one stop shop and is amazing at what she does and in such a loving way! She made our day exactly what we had pictured and I have already recommended her to 2 loved ones!

Lovely and relaxing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kate P

Leslie at Positively Charmed provided the least stressful experience of my entire wedding. She was helpful with ideas, she followed through on all planned activities and decorations, and she provided everything beyond my expectations. She understood what my fiance and I were... Read More looking for and she was extremely accommodating. Additionally, I also didn't have to worry about little details with her, especially on the wedding day, she took care of everything!!! Finally, her prices are the best in town, as my fiance and I found out after visiting various other companies. My fiance and I would definitely recommend Leslie to anybody!!! Kate

Personal and Unique Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Melanie D

Working with Leslie was a dream. Being a same sex couple, sometimes vendors have a little difficulty using the right language, but she was always so careful and deliberate in her use of words. She also offers counseling, which was extremely important to us. Her workbooks and... Read More methods taught us a lot more about each other than we expected, and helped improve our communication and lessen the stress of wedding planing. Leslie also made sure to truly integrate our passions into the ceremony which was important to us. I would highly recommend to any couple who is looking for counseling and a uniquely written ceremony. We would have been lost without her.

The best!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Britty D

Being a fellow wedding industry professional, I had worked with Leslie on many wedding days throughout the years. When it was my turn to be the Bride and my husband and I began talking about what we wanted our ceremony to be like, I knew Leslie would be perfect. We met with her... Read More twice before the big day and she was SO helpful in creating a custom ceremony for us. She truly took the time to get to know us as a couple and her message on wedding day reflected who we are perfectly. Thank you, Leslie!!

Professional, experienced, and a pleasure to work with!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We would highly recommend Leslie Johnson to anyone who is looking for a wedding officiant. My husband and I do not have the same religious background and Leslie did pre-marital counseling with us to work on our issues regarding our religious differences. She has an extensive... Read More knowledge on different religions and their histories. When it came to our ceremony, we wanted to ensure that it respected both of our families' religions. Leslie did an amazing job at making sure the ceremony blended important aspects of both religions. She also made the ceremony flow incredibly well and all of our guests said it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they have experienced!!! It was definitely our favorite;) Leslie is respectful and wants to see your vision come to life. She is so very skilled and is an excellent resource throughout the planning process. We are so happy that we found Leslie Johnson and chose her to be our officiant!

Our Perfect Ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Samantha D

My husband and I knew we would have the perfect ceremony after our first meeting with Leslie at Positively Charmed! We chose to do the pre-marital classes with Leslie and it was the best decision we made during our wedding planning - it provided us a great space to learn more... Read More about our relationship and allowed Leslie to get to know us better which really shined in our ceremony. Leslie not only crafted the most beautiful ceremony that fit our relationship, space & families she also armed us with a lot of knowledge on how the flow of a ceremony should be (she has so much experience in the wedding industry!) so our ceremony was stress-free the day of! I cannot recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Meghan K

My husband and I are not religious, and so choosing a wedding officiant wasn't as easy as choosing a childhood pastor or the like. We didn't know quite where to look, until Leslie was recommended to us by our Day-of-coordinator. Once we met Leslie we knew we wanted her to do our... Read More ceremony! We connected on so many levels and I felt like she really understood what we wanted. The best thing about her services is she makes the ceremony so personal and relate-able to the couple. She ties in common themes of your relationship to other elements like nature, the space you're getting married in, etc. to really bring everything together eloquently and personally. She has a very calming vibe and it was very helpful to have that in the midst of wedding day chaos! I got many compliments on the ceremony from friends and family who loved her style of really bringing the couple and their story into the ceremony, as opposed to common language used at most wedding ceremonies. We would definitely have Leslie marry us if we could choose all over again.

Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Maria D

Leslie provided the unique touch we wanted for our small ceremony of 50 guests. After meeting with us once on Skype and again in person, we were touched by how much time and information she gathered to make our wedding individualized for us. She suggested a 'ring warming... Read More ceremony' which was perfect for our group size and something most of our guests had never heard or experienced. On our big day, my biggest concern was crying through the entire ceremony, but Leslie's steadfast and calm presence just allowed me to be in the moment without becoming overwhelmed with emotion. Thank you, Leslie! You are a blessing!

Incredible Experience!

Reviewed on 3/22/2015 Kristin H

The best advice I can give a new bride is to find an officiant you connect with. I am the lucky bride and recipient of the 2015 Fairy Godmother Project MN wedding, a project made up of dozens of vendors who donate their product and service to provide a dream wedding for one... Read More military couple a year. Leslie signed up to donate her service as our officiant. Upon meeting her, I felt connected. I can sense energy and hers was the sort that draws people and holds them close. Kind, open, genuine, brilliant, creative….these are Leslies virtues. Not to mention, humanitarianism, as she donated her service and most of all, her passion, time and energy to us. Building a ceremony with Leslie was never a chore. It was a fun journey. She wanted to know us so she could tell us OUR story from OUR hearts. She often referred to it as "translating" our feelings and "braiding" them together. Through our meetings I found myself learning more about Ben and how we viewed our union spiritually and emotionally…in regards to energy, family, life, etc…I will never forget when Leslie handed us our 1st draft. We read it together, tears flowing. She took the feelings in our hearts and put them into words. She encouraged our journey of writing our own vows. She counseled us both so that we could stay at an even keel. She led our rehearsal, guiding the wedding party, empowering us to show our emotions and be unique. This was OUR ceremony and she was instrumental in making it a true reflection of us. The ceremony was the best part of the entire wedding. Many tears, and so many people felt inspired by what we shared through Leslie. I have the desire and inspiration to rewrite my vows to the love of my life every year. Thank You Leslie for being the vehicle that drives me to be a better and more expressive wife and not being afraid to share my feelings with the world. Leslie has a special place in my heart and I look forward to having her at our 10 year renewal.

Custom Ceremonies by Positively Charmed

Reviewed on 12/31/2014

A big part of the reason we chose Leslie (and Positively Charmed) was because of a great recommendation we received from some friends. She proved extremely friendly and personable from the first time we met. She incorporated all the features that my wife and I wanted in our... Read More ceremony and did it in a very personalized way. Overall, she did a fantastic job officiating our wedding and we would highly recommend her!

Positively Charming is Positively Perfect

Reviewed on 10/19/2014

Leslie was amazing & really walked us through the whole process. We are both self described "reluctant attachers", as such quite indecisive. She was incredibly patient & provided wonderful guidance. She made our day more beautiful than we expected. Thank you Leslie; thank... Read More you Positively Charming.

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

Leslie at Positively Charmed was kind and flexible for our very small elopement ceremony. We held the ceremony in her office at the Semple Mansion with 6 guests. The office is charming and made for some great photos. We wanted a very simple civil ceremony without the courthouse... Read More and Leslie was the perfect choice for us. While she's ordained, she's open to all kinds of faiths (or lack thereof)and can provide language to fit any situation. I would highly recommend Leslie!

Fun on the Farm!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

We ABSOUTELY LOVED working with Leslie for our wedding! She was very attentive to our wants took the time to get to know both of us; so that the ceremony truly represented our personalities and our families. The custom ceremony she wrote for us was priceless to us and perfectly... Read More encompassed the way we were feeling on our wedding day. Then on top of all that she is super fun, so the process was enjoyable. We highly recommend her and will be contacting her again when we have a child for the baptism! Sarah & Adam

Leslie was fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Megan M

We met with Leslie on 3 separate occasions for about 2 hours each. It was always easy, casual conversations, but it amazed me how many little details of our relationship and interaction she picked up on and took note of. She brought all of those little details into the custom... Read More ceremony she created for us which was so nice because then the ceremony felt like it was uniquely ours. We had multiple wedding guests ask us if the officiant was a friend of ours who had known us for a while. Overall, Leslie was great to work with, listened to us and what we wanted for our ceremony, and just made the most important part of our big day very unique, personal, and incredibly meaningful for us. Thank you Leslie! Megan & Julie

The Best

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

I can't say enough about Leslie's services. We really liked her the first moment we met her. Her open, warm personality drew us in and her uncanny ability to pick up on things about us that she used in the ceremony was amazing. She was willing to meet with us pre ceremony as... Read More often as we wanted, never rushing. The first time I read the wording she wrote for the ceremony I cried. Very moving and reverent but the perfect amount of humor we were looking for. We trusted her to write our vows we would recite and they were perfect. So many of our guests commented to us how beautiful the ceremony was and how much they enjoyed it. Now as I look back at the pictures of the wedding, I am amazed by the looks on our guests faces-also seemingly drawn in to what Leslie was saying. She really captured the love we have for one another and how important our families and friends are to us and put it into words. I have a deep faith and my husband is more skeptical, and Leslie expressed the perfect combination to make us both very happy. (And my religious parents.) I highly recommend Leslie as an officiant. And one last side note-every picture she is in she is beaming and quite photogenic. I will always look back at our ceremony and smile.

The most beautiful ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Kayla S

Leslie was amazing! Our entire experience went so smoothly, from the very first consultation meeting to the ceremony on our wedding day. Leslie was incredibly flexible and listened to all of our ideas and thoughts. We could tell she really tried to get to know us so she could... Read More add special details to our ceremony that were completely unique to us. She is a wonderful writer and the speech she created for our wedding was lovely! We got so many compliments from all of our guests about what a beautiful and unique ceremony we had. Many people requested to see a copy of the text because there were so many powerful passages. Leslie took control at our rehearsal and her experience and knowledge helped make everything run smoothly. I felt completely taken care of and never felt stressed or worried. It was an absolute pleasure to work with Leslie. She is kind and thoughtful and patient and really knows what she is doing!!

Recommend without ANY reservations

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Laurie H

My finance and I planned a small wedding in the heart of the city. We were looking for an officiant who could create a sincere, intimate feel that reflected use for our ceremony. Leslie did just that. Upon meeting Leslie, we felt at ease and were encouraged by her interest in... Read More learning about us as individuals and as a couple. Through the planning process, she was thorough and accommodating since we were planning from out of town. Most importantly, on our wedding day, she effortlessly took charge making sure everything and everybody was in their place, but she was not in least overbearing; it was the perfect mix. She was the perfect guide on our special day!

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Lindsey S

Leslie was absolutely fantastic throughout the entire wedding planning process! I absolutely cannot say enough good things about her! We decided to do a completely custom ceremony and she was very accommodating of all of our suggestions and updates, even when we wanted to make... Read More a few changes just a few days before the wedding. My (now) husband and I felt completely comfortable with her, and our family loved her as well. So many guests have commented on what a genuine and heartfelt ceremony we had, and a lot of that is thanks to Leslie and her support and guidance.

Spectacular! Unique and so personal!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Joanie L

My husband and I discovered Positively Charmed online and immediately fell in love with Leslie's style, unique spin on weddings and how personal she made each ceremony. After meeting Leslie for the first time we knew she was the perfect fit for our wedding, she exuded all of the... Read More things we noticed on her beautiful website and so much more. She took the time to get to know us and made the experience so fun and enjoyable. She took such care when putting together our ceremony and filled it with so personal touches. We received SO many compliments on our ceremony both on our wedding day and beyond. She has the greatest smile and laugh and you can't help but do the same when you are with her. Leslie was truly amazing and we simply can't say enough about her!!

Everything We Could Ask For...

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Sara N

From my first meeting with Leslie I could tell that our wedding day would be about us and our uniqueness and styles. Leslie is very easy to work with and she was able to help us with our outdoor decor for our outdoor wedding. When it began to show signs of a storm on our... Read More wedding day Leslie was wright there to help and moved the decor inside and made the room look fabulous by placing our flowers and the decor she provided in just the right spots! The ceremony itself was awesome, she walked us through the steps in writing the ceremony and choosing the reading, and when it came to her performing the ceremony I couldn't be more pleased. My entire family was also very impressed with the ceremony and how Leslie conducted it. Thank you so much Leslie for you help in making our special day so special! - the Cox Family

The Aboreteum Wedding with Leslie

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Stacy K

We chose Leslie for her eastern world and naturalistic approach. She custom wrote all of our vows and had great ideas that allowed us to include our children (and heritage) into the ceremony. Leslie did a fabulous job and we would recommend her to others. Thank you Leslie!

Leslie through Custom Ceremonies by Positively Charmed is the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Laura P

We hired Leslie as our officiant and couldn't be happier! She was knowledgeable about the process and really took the time to get to know us as a couple so it felt real. She does a beautiful job creating and finding the words to describe our journey to marriage and we were so... Read More pleased!!! She was attentive to our needs and extremely supportive. She also was kind and helped us out with some frames for our wedding décor!! Leslie has a calming presence that was helpful on the day of and through our planning process. We would highly recommend her!!!! Her cost was very reasonable too! Laura and TJ DaBruzzi

Leslie Johnson

I have lived in a lot of great places...Seattle Washington, Austin Texas, Florence Italy...and yet I have to say...I adore the Twin Cities! I returned here over a decade ago and pursued my vocation, including a formal education in religion & theology attaining an M.A. from Seminary. Most couples I work with are "outside of a mainstream definition of faith"but a formal understanding, of religion and history, can add to creative expression in ceremony. Custom language speaks the truth of those being wed, and all of the worlds best commonly held beliefs speak the language of love