Positively Charmed! Custom Ceremonies & Boutique Decor

Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Metro Area! WI Too!

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Se Habla Español, Planning

100 West Franklin Avenue Suite 202, Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Metro Area! WI Too!

Wedding MVP (officiant + decor)

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Danielle H

Leslie is phenomenal. It's difficult to put into words how much magic Leslie added to our **best day ever** :). We found Leslie via a search on the knot and she was actually the first officiant we met with. I can't recall how long our first meeting was supposed to last, but I do... Read More know that we were there over two hours, talking, laughing, and feeling as if we were catching up with an old friend. Walking out of Leslie's (gorgeous) office, we were sold. We met with a few other people to do our due diligence, but there was no question. Leslie truly LISTENED to what we wanted for our ceremony; we had (what we felt were) a few unique requests to balance our preferences with family tradition. Leslie understood and incorporated them beautifully. Not only did Leslie listen, but she also provided suggestions and advice. We appreciated that - she is the expert! She has a fantastic arsenal of quotes, ideas, etc. that really do come together to create a customized ceremony. Throughout the wedding planning process, we also identified the need to rent decor. As our "wedding MVP", of course, Leslie was our choice! Again, she listened to our vision and executed it beautifully. Leslie met with our florist to ensure consistency and alignment with all decor elements - truly going above and beyond. We loved our meetings with Leslie preceding the wedding day. As I stated before, it was as if we were meeting with an old friend (but also a wise mentor and truly incredibly spiritual guide). Leslie was thorough, organized, and simply "on it". Leslie's execution on our wedding day was flawless. Our decor was perfect and the ceremony was a dream. EVERYONE raved about her afterwards and wanted to know "how we knew her", because it was so personalized. We joked afterwards that Leslie and her team were ninjas - when we went to check on the decor at the conclusion of the wedding, it was already cleaned up! We have no idea how they quickly and quietly took care of tear down without a single person noticing --- fabulous! I was a bride who looked at all reviews, so I've racked my brain to see if there is any "constructive criticism" I can give.... I've got nothing. I would recommend Leslie to anyone and everyone.

SO glad I chose Positively Charmed!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Lizzie E

My fiancé and I did a preliminary meeting with Leslie before we committed to her service to make sure it was a good fit. I can honestly say that within 10 minutes of talking with her, we both felt really comfortable and there was no question that we wanted to go with her... Read More services. Leslie makes a real attempt to get to know you, both as individuals and as a couple, and she uses those insights to write a beautiful and personalized ceremony. In addition, we found her premarital counseling to be extremely helpful, she is a great listener and is able to help you find common ground in areas that might not be your strong suits as a couple. It was a nice feeling to walk down the aisle and feel like the person marrying us really knew us! And our friends and families all commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony. I would highly recommend her services and I'm so glad she was part of our wedding day.

Best Ceremony Ever!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jodi U

Leslie of Positively Charmed was absolutely amazing. She continually exceeded our expectations throughout the entire process. Going into our planning, we had no idea who we wanted to marry us. We talked about having a family member or friend officiate, but decided that was a... Read More lot of pressure. We ended up finding out about Positively Charmed from our venue and decided to set up a meeting. From the moment we sat down, we instantly felt comfortable with Leslie. She took a lot of time to meet with us and get to know us and our relationship. She laid out her process with us and said we could meet with her as many times as we wanted in the months leading up to our big day. After that first meeting, we instantly knew we wanted her to officiate our ceremony. In the near months leading up to our ceremony we met with Leslie again and she put together the most amazing, customized ceremony for us. We were blown away. We read her script together at home. We laughed and cried and I think we only had one tiny edit in the entire thing. When it came time for our rehearsal, Leslie did an amazing job leading the dry run. She kept it simple yet informative. Everyone knew what they were supposed to do. It was short and to the point so we could get back to having fun with our loved ones. The day of our ceremony, Leslie was absolutely perfect. Our ceremony was the most beautiful, true, insightful, loving event. She did such a good job of capturing our relationship and describing it to all that were in the room. We were so fortunate to have discovered Leslie of Positively Charmed. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant and a truly personalized ceremony. She's the best! And it was nice to have someone in charge of the ceremony details who is a professional. Having a loved one do the ceremony would have been memorable, but having Leslie manage the details and not have to worry about them was worth so much more and we will have the best memories of our ceremony forever.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Ashley S

I have nothing but fabulous things to say about Leslie of Positively Charmed. We booked her for our ceremony, marriage counseling, and décor. From the first time we met with Leslie we knew she was the one we wanted to marry us. We were looking for a customized,... Read More non-traditional/non-religious ceremony and she highly delivered! She spent a few sessions doing marriage counseling and getting to know each of us individually and as a couple. She truly knows how to personalize her ceremonies, and if you don’t like something in her draft she will gladly make changes. By the time the wedding day came, Leslie felt like family, which was such a great feeling. Since her office is at Semple Mansion, we also loved to see the décor she had for rent and decided her décor was a perfect fit for our venue. We wanted a romantic, Gatsby look, so we rented beautiful gold chandelier candelabras and mercury glass votives. The reception décor was simply breathtaking and we received so many compliments on both the ceremony and décor. I would highly, highly recommend Leslie for décor rental or ceremonies! She is truly a fantastic person and made our wedding and ceremony an extremely special day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jaime A

Leslie was a joy to work with! It was so easy to meet with her to discuss all of the details of our ceremony. She really made us feel relaxed and confident that our day would go exactly as planned! We especially loved that she wrote a customized ceremony. It was special to us to... Read More have something unique. We received a lot of compliments after the ceremony ended! We would also recommend working with Leslie for premarital sessions. She did a wonderful job of talking through some of the challenges we were having. She played a major role in ensuring our day went smoothly and we would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Maria E

I think that both my husband and I knew within minutes of meeting Leslie that she was just what we needed to make out ceremony perfect. She was so welcoming and personable. She answered every question and helped us to understand what we needed to involve in the ceremony. As well... Read More as what was not as important. She took time to get to know us and help us plan over the miles. She recommended our wonderful piano player, who we may not have found on our own. She was always quick to respond and so lovely to be around when we would meet. Our ceremony was so meaningful because of her words and what she learned about us. We wanted traditional but modified to represent our love. She nailed it. We heard so many guests comment on how beautiful and unique our ceremony was. That was wonderful to hear because we did not do much. we focused on the message and the love. We skipped some traditions but our ceremony certainly was not lacking. It was perfect. We LOVE Leslie. We are so thankful to have had her involvement in our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kehly T

Leslie was amazing! Our ceremony was perfect. She was so laid back and was able to keep the ceremony relaxed and fun. We loved talking with her before the wedding and appreciated all of her advice. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Caroline G

I've known Leslie for years, and have always loved how passionate she is running her business, Positively Charmed. I never thought I would be "that girl". Yet there I was. Surprised on The Stone Arch Bridge, my partner on bended knee presenting a ring box and popping 'the... Read More question' as the whirling world slowed and the magic set in. Floating above the concrete on our way back across the bridge, we called Leslie and asked her to marry us. The three of us cried in celebration as we cemented the time and the place. Knowing Leslie as we do, and keeping the wedding very small and simple, I was prepared for a casual approach to the planning, but Leslie took every detail of our special day very seriously. She was so wholly present. And on that very hot and humid day in June, on the Stone Arch Bridge, she wove a spell that drew all of us in. At once playful and witty, deeply spiritual and wise, Leslie conducted our nuptials with grace and eloquence as the Mighty Mississippi roared beneath us. None of us will forget that beautiful day, with Leslie at the center of our celebration of love.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Raymond D

"We really cannot say enough about Leslie and her part in our wedding day. Right from the start, Leslie took the time to get know both of us: what we were looking for with the wedding, the types of people we were, our views on our own relationship, etc. After our first meeting... Read More with Leslie, we knew we wanted her as the officiant for our wedding. Leslie was extremely flexible in terms of her approach to our particular worldviews, which helped us settle down a lot considering it was a non-religious ceremony. She provided us with a number of resources for inclusions in the ceremony, readings, and general tone of the ceremony. She was even open to us incorporating some of our own ideas for readings and tweaks to different parts of the ceremony. When it came time to the final version of the passages used in the ceremony, Leslie crafted a beautiful set of personalized lines that were unique to both of us. She didn’t just rehash stock passages, but really took the time to write things up based on all the little chats we had had during our meetings that gave her some insight into who we were. Leslie was also instrumental in designing the ceremony. After discussing how we wanted to incorporate our families, Leslie showed up to the rehearsal with some unexpected, but wonderful ideas (like hugs for the wedding party as they entered the venue). And lovely little details, like preparing a small journal-like book for the wedding day itself. Every piece adding to the moment and setting a wonderful tone for the day. And during the ceremony, Leslie was great at delivering all of the passages with patience and warmth. She was so very pleasant from start to finish, and we cannot thank her enough for helping to make our day something unique."

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Raymond D

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Maddie T

We were referred to Leslie by our wedding planner and we are so incredibly happy about it! I remember the first time John and I walked into Leslie's office the first time we met. She was warm, friendly, and understanding. We aren't the most traditional couple and we knew we... Read More wanted to really craft our own ceremony to reflect the two of us. We didn't know, however, how to do that. I also initially wanted the ceremony would be short and sweet so we could move onto the fun part -- the reception. Through various sessions, Leslie helped us put together what turned out to be the most special part of our day for me. She had so many ideas of how to make it "us." We incorporate aspects of Judaism and Christianity, non-traditional music and readings, and involved our friends and family. It was clear on our wedding day and during our ceremony that Leslie truly knew us; she didn't just think of this as another job. Her energy was also felt by everyone. She truly knows how to celebrate love. We also did the two session counseling with Leslie. I was so grateful to have a forum for an open conversation where John and I could get to know each other better, ask each other questions we hadn't before, and think about our future together. We learned so much about relationships and growing together and we know we have a stronger bond because of it. I am so thankful for how Leslie helped shape our special day and I would recommend Leslie in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kendra V

We couldn't have asked for a more magical and romantic wedding! Leslie with Positively Charmed was absolutely wonderful. We are so happy we found her. We had a simple yet elegant civil ceremony at the Semple Mansion and it was just perfect. She was very personal, we were... Read More comfortable with her immediately. We collaborated on our ceremony script with her and it turned out better than we could have anticipated. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants the perfect ceremony. Make an appointment to meet with her today you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Kate S

We couldn't have picked a better officiant for our wedding!! Leslie wrote an absolutely gorgeous ceremony totally tailored to us. We would both highly recommend Leslie as a wedding officiant. If you do make the wise choice of choosing her, TAKE HER PREMARITAL CLASSES!!! I can't... Read More tell you how much we LOVED them and how much they legitimately improved and deepened our love and bond. She's a truly fascinating person with incredible insights. Our hour appointments oftened turned into two or three hour sessions because we could not get enough!! I believe we did about four sessions with her, but based on our ceremony our guests thought she had known us for years. At the rehearsal she made sure everyone knew what they were doing and had a no nonsense attitude which I appreciated. She's a beautiful speaker and really goes out of her way to write something specific to you. If you don't want a run of the mill ceremony and instead are looking for a personalized, intimate and beautiful ceremony, Leslie is your girl!! We already miss our sessions with her. Thank you, Leslie!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Paul M

I'll start off by saying that Leslie could not have been more perfect and professional for Renee and I's wedding. We connected initially via phone, whereby my wife and I explained to Leslie "our story." She listened intently and with enthusiasm, asking questions to get to know... Read More us further. While meeting in person, Leslie was a great coach and understood perfectly what we wanted for our ceremony. Leslie shared with us the custom ceremony that she had written on our final meeting before the big day, and she knocked it out of the park. Our story was accurately captured and put on paper in the most eloquent way. The rehearsal was to the point and everyone felt well prepared in a short period of time, considering it was the morning of our wedding and there was much to be done! Our ceremony was beautiful. Leslie's delivery of the ceremony was perfect. She was engaging, always had a smile on her face, even got caught up a bit in the emotion of the evening. It was supremely evident that she cared a great deal about Renee and I and felt privileged to be the one to deliver to our audience the story of "us." Not only is Leslie a wonderful orator, she was organized and made sure that our wedding party and guests were as well. Leslie at Positively Charmed! has my highest recommendation. Thank you again for presiding over the best evening of my life! Paul Malazita

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Chris E

We had one of the best experiences ever with Leslie at Positively Charmed for our Wedding this last August. She made us feel so comfortable and welcome. We had 2 prior meetings with her before our big day, where she learned all about us, our style and what we were looking for... Read More out of our special day. She was always so welcoming and so nice through out the entire process and this really put us at ease about the day to come. The day before the wedding, we had our rehearsal and things were planned out so well and flowed perfectly. The day of the wedding, she was so excited for us and her speech which she took all these notes during our 2 meetings were turned into this beautiful ceremony and I will tell you there wasn't a dry eye in that entire building, it had so many tears of joy and told such a great story about us as a couple. Leslie really made our ceremony one of the best days of our lives and I would have gave her 10 stars if I could. Thanks so much Leslie for all the Love and the great speech you put together for the ceremony, it was just beautiful!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Laura K

Leslie was great! Very happy we went with her for our officiant. Throughout the whole experience she was very easy to contact and quick in response. She was even open to our interesting Absinthe unity ritual and worked it right in. If you are looking for a personal ceremony... Read More made just for you she is the one, definitely takes the time to get to know you and work your personalities into the ceremony.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jordan G

Leslie was amazing! We needed someone who could go a little outside the norm to fit our Harry Potter theme and she not only did that but she went way above and beyond to make it a magical day! She was great to meet with and talk about our history and she put so much time into... Read More our ceremony that I didn't have and it all turned out perfect. It was like having an extra maid of honor because she honestly helped us sort out and organize the entire ceremony and helped us stay on track the day of. Couldn't have asked for anyone better !!

Leslie will make your wedding day the most beautiful!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Emily S

I cannot say enough fabulous things about Leslie! My husband and I still talk about what a blessing she was to us on our big day. We eloped and she honestly made everything she said to us and about us more special than we ever dreamed. She is kind, caring, soft and so easy to... Read More talk to. If you want her to help decorate your special space, we also highly recommend that as well! I lived in Minneapolis for over five years and worked on a lot of weddings myself...have BEEN to many, as well. Leslie is by FAR the best officiant I have ever heard, spoken sith, dealt with. We obviously, just love her and want everyone else in MPLS to feel the same about their special day:)

Leslie to the rescue!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Ann M

I had a vision and knew after we talked and then met everything would be perfect, and it was! She is a one stop shop and is amazing at what she does and in such a loving way! She made our day exactly what we had pictured and I have already recommended her to 2 loved ones!

Lovely and relaxing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kate P

Leslie at Positively Charmed provided the least stressful experience of my entire wedding. She was helpful with ideas, she followed through on all planned activities and decorations, and she provided everything beyond my expectations. She understood what my fiance and I were... Read More looking for and she was extremely accommodating. Additionally, I also didn't have to worry about little details with her, especially on the wedding day, she took care of everything!!! Finally, her prices are the best in town, as my fiance and I found out after visiting various other companies. My fiance and I would definitely recommend Leslie to anybody!!! Kate

Personal and Unique Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Melanie D

Working with Leslie was a dream. Being a same sex couple, sometimes vendors have a little difficulty using the right language, but she was always so careful and deliberate in her use of words. She also offers counseling, which was extremely important to us. Her workbooks and... Read More methods taught us a lot more about each other than we expected, and helped improve our communication and lessen the stress of wedding planing. Leslie also made sure to truly integrate our passions into the ceremony which was important to us. I would highly recommend to any couple who is looking for counseling and a uniquely written ceremony. We would have been lost without her.

The best!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Britty D

Being a fellow wedding industry professional, I had worked with Leslie on many wedding days throughout the years. When it was my turn to be the Bride and my husband and I began talking about what we wanted our ceremony to be like, I knew Leslie would be perfect. We met with her... Read More twice before the big day and she was SO helpful in creating a custom ceremony for us. She truly took the time to get to know us as a couple and her message on wedding day reflected who we are perfectly. Thank you, Leslie!!

Professional, experienced, and a pleasure to work with!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We would highly recommend Leslie Johnson to anyone who is looking for a wedding officiant. My husband and I do not have the same religious background and Leslie did pre-marital counseling with us to work on our issues regarding our religious differences. She has an extensive... Read More knowledge on different religions and their histories. When it came to our ceremony, we wanted to ensure that it respected both of our families' religions. Leslie did an amazing job at making sure the ceremony blended important aspects of both religions. She also made the ceremony flow incredibly well and all of our guests said it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they have experienced!!! It was definitely our favorite;) Leslie is respectful and wants to see your vision come to life. She is so very skilled and is an excellent resource throughout the planning process. We are so happy that we found Leslie Johnson and chose her to be our officiant!

Our Perfect Ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Samantha D

My husband and I knew we would have the perfect ceremony after our first meeting with Leslie at Positively Charmed! We chose to do the pre-marital classes with Leslie and it was the best decision we made during our wedding planning - it provided us a great space to learn more... Read More about our relationship and allowed Leslie to get to know us better which really shined in our ceremony. Leslie not only crafted the most beautiful ceremony that fit our relationship, space & families she also armed us with a lot of knowledge on how the flow of a ceremony should be (she has so much experience in the wedding industry!) so our ceremony was stress-free the day of! I cannot recommend her enough.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Meghan K

My husband and I are not religious, and so choosing a wedding officiant wasn't as easy as choosing a childhood pastor or the like. We didn't know quite where to look, until Leslie was recommended to us by our Day-of-coordinator. Once we met Leslie we knew we wanted her to do our... Read More ceremony! We connected on so many levels and I felt like she really understood what we wanted. The best thing about her services is she makes the ceremony so personal and relate-able to the couple. She ties in common themes of your relationship to other elements like nature, the space you're getting married in, etc. to really bring everything together eloquently and personally. She has a very calming vibe and it was very helpful to have that in the midst of wedding day chaos! I got many compliments on the ceremony from friends and family who loved her style of really bringing the couple and their story into the ceremony, as opposed to common language used at most wedding ceremonies. We would definitely have Leslie marry us if we could choose all over again.

Leslie Johnson

I have lived in a lot of great places...Seattle Washington, Austin Texas, Florence Italy...and yet I have to say...I adore the Twin Cities! I returned here over a decade ago and pursued my vocation, including a formal education in religion & theology attaining an M.A. from Seminary. However most couples I work with are "outside of a mainstream definition of faith" and most of the ceremony language I write is more spiritual or humanist rather than very religious. A custom ceremony speaks your truth; your language about love and commitment, family, trust, and your personal views and beliefs!

Start a Conversation!