Powersshots

I offer a professional quality, value priced wedding image service. Please read the "wedding info" on my website for more details.

Under $1,000

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Overland Park, KS

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Jody R

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. Jim made our day wonderful. When we had our engagement shoot with him, I knew he was going to be perfect for our wedding day. He makes it a lot of fun, even involving our families who wanted to take some pictures. You can tell he really enjoys photography. We were able to get a taste of some pictures back not long after our wedding and they look great. I would highly recommend; you get a really great value for the price paid.

My guests LOVED him!

Reviewed on 2/26/2014 Brianna R

Not only are Jim and his assistant Christy incredibly talented and creative, but they are also extremely entertaining. I had a blast doing my engagement and wedding pictures with him, and all of my guests raved about how much fun they had with him. My pictures are not only beautifully shot and unique, but they also really captured the personality of each of the subjects. You will not regret using Jim Powers.

Extrodinary!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Lynzee K

I didn't know anything about Jim before my wedding day but I was thrilled with him! He had some very creative ideas and was willing to try any ideas I had as well. He came over in the morning and got some great candid shots of all the girls getting ready and was buzzing around the reception getting shots of friends and family late into the night. Within a few days, Jim sent me about 50 pictures for me to post on my FaceBook page. What a great surprise! He was absolutely fantastic and I would recommend him without question!

Absolutely the Best

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Katie C

I did not know what I would be getting into when requesting Jim help out with our wedding. He was, hands down, AMAZING. I could not be more pleased with choosing Jim. He was SO easy to work with - he handled the kids well, he had great ideas, he never appeared the least bit stressed. He laughed and joked with my family and fit right in after just a few minutes. He was able to capture the light-hearted fun mood of the day and forever I will appreciate his work. I have been in 6 weddings so far and I have never seen a photographer half as wonderful as he is. He loves what he does and it shows. I know this review makes him sound almost too good to be true - but trust me - if you pick Jim you will NOT be disappointed. I haven't seen all the photos yet (just the sneak peek he posted online from our Oct wedding) but I am already blown away. He captured moments that I never saw happen (you know how busy the day is for the bride). Working with Jim was a pleasure. We both have many memories of our wedding day but it was Jim' who helped capture the images that we will share for the rest of our lives. Long after we have forgotten his name or which guests came without RSVPing, we will have his photos - for that we are so truly grateful. Choose Jim Powers for your photography and thank us later!!

Small Private Wedding

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Rashawnda G

Jim more than met my needs and expectations. We were having a small private simple ceremony and wanted great pictures at a great price. At the time I was getting very discouraged b/c most photographers required a minimum amount of time and preferred to larger all day weddings. Jim was willing to photograph one of the most special days of my life without all the fluff. He was professional and fun. The pictures turned out wonderful. He caught all the moments I could not see b/c I was busy getting prepared. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! I look at my pictures often and will always be greatful for Jim's flexibility.

Very impressed with Jim Powers

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Megan

My husband and I hired Jim Powers for our engagement and wedding photography. We are very pleased with our decision. Jim was very professional (yet had a sense of humor) and was very attentive to our needs. He produced amazing photos at a fantastic price. I would be happy to recommend Powersshots for future Kansas City engaged couples.

Great Photographer & Affordable Prices!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Jennifer D

Jim is a very personable and easy-going guy who does photography as a hobby and He is Great at it! He has an eye for beauty, but it also flexible. If you have something in mind, he is quick accommodate. Great prices and fun to work with! You will not be disappointed! He does great work and is quick to get pictures back to you!

Great Guy and Photographer

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Talia B

We really enjoyed working with Jim. Engagement pictures were a great way to meet and get to know him before the wedding day. Its great to see how much he loves photography and he captures the candid moments just as well as the posed. Jim is flexible and always quick to respond which helps when there is already so many things going on in wedding planning. I would recommend Jim to anyone looking for a great photographer. He is definitely someone I would use again myself!

Great and Easy to work with

Reviewed on 6/03/2012 Stacy T

Jim was great and easy to work with. Very responsive to what we wanted. Flexible. Well worth the cost. Made sure to include both families in the shots. Candid and posed photos made for a memorable time. Very understanding of church requirements. We would strongly recommend Jim for anyone's wedding.

DawnTillman

Reviewed on 5/01/2012 Dawn C

Jim was wonderful to work with and the photos are incredible! I love that we didn't have to get a "package" deal but will just get the photos on a disc. Thank you, Jim!

Photographer

Reviewed on 10/29/2011 Stephanie S

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Exactly What I Wanted

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Shana B

Jim was professional, had a great sense of humor, was non-invasive. Had great creative ideas for shots. He documented our day just as I wanted. I couldn't be happier about the quality of the photos and service we received. We also had engagement photos done. It was a lot of fun!! We highly recommend Jim for any event!

awesome!

Reviewed on 7/25/2011 Rebecca J

I had both engagement pictures as well as wedding pictures done by Jim. He did such an awesome job with the engagement pictures, I am confident my wedding ones will be just as amazing! He was there every step of my day, helped keep everyone on task and on schedule and got the shots I wanted! A true value! I would recommend him again and again! Thanks Jim!

Outstanding

Reviewed on 5/14/2011 Jaclyn S

I highly recommend using Powersshots for your wedding photography. Jim captured the moments of our entire day beautifully. He has the ability to not be invasive while snapping shots from the beginning to end of the day.

photographer

Reviewed on 3/19/2011 stefi s

wonder ful photographer, put everyone at ease, so great to work with and the pics were amazing, very affordable i would recommend him to anyone

Passionate photographer who loves weddings!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2010 Abigail S

We met Jim through a family friend several years ago...and every wedding in our family since then has used Jim as the photographer! He doesn't create wedding albums...but there are other experts for that or you can do it online yourself. What he does do is go non-stop ALL DAY, takes hundreds of photos, and takes pride in the results with touch-ups, color variations, and everything else! No limitations, no hesitations, and open to any suggestion! He also travels...and the engagement session is included in his price and encouraged! CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT JIM!!

best choice i made

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 Jaycie P

I can't sing praises high enough for Jim Powers. Love his work. He got my husband to smile somehow. He ENJOYS taking pictures, which was important to me. He did the engagement pictures, was there from 11am to 10pm day of the wedding, and included a "trash the dress" session for me. One of the biggest money savers was getting the copyright to all the pictures. Somehow with all this, he charged less than ANY photographer I found.

Very easy to work with and great pics!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Happy G

He is so great to work with. I appreciate that he does an engagement session for free to make sure we get along well. After that session, we got our high res dvd of all the pictures (and copyright release), and there were over 400 pictures, even after he tossed the crappy ones (eyes closed, weird faces, etc). He really put us at ease when taking pictures. He went the extra mile when he passed along offers to us, like when a local hair salon was looking to get more photos, he asked me if I would want to get my hair done for free (I declined because my regular hair dresser already offered to do it gratis). I also loved that he spends the entire day with you at the wedding. He arrived at the venue before I did to get detail shots and everything, and then the getting ready shots, etc. I was so excited to see the wedding photos, and of course he got amazing shots that I never would have dreamed of. Plus, he is a great deal financially.

Review for Jim Powers

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 KIMBERLY P

look at his web page your mouth will drop just like ours did

TO Powersshots