Very special care for your gown!

Established in 1944, Pratt Abbott is Maine's foremost expert in wedding gown care and preservation. Custom cleaning, pressing and preservation for the bride and entire wedding party. Free pick up and delivery to area hotels and residences. Endorsed by the Association of Bridal Consultants.

Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

55 Bradley Drive , Westbrook, ME (207) 210-5127

Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Krista F

Pratt Abbott Cleaners steamed my wedding dress and it came out perfect! Everyone who we communicated with was very professional, helpful, and pleasant to work with. My dress was delivered to the venue on time and the woman who delivered it made sure it was placed in the correct... Read More room and hanging up correctly before leaving. Angela included a very nice note with the delivery, congratulating me on my wedding day. We are using Pratt Abbott for my dress cleaning and preservation. Thank you so much!

Pressed and Delivered So smoothly

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Victoria S

I really appreciate the work this company did for me. I travelled with my gown from Denver to Portland Maine and was heading to my parents cottage in casco bay. After traveling all day with my heavy ball gown i could not imagine lugging it onto a ferry. I was so pleased how... Read More Pratt-Abbott was ready to receive me and my gown and hold it for me all week before my wedding. On the day before our wedding, Angela showed up to our hotel just as we were checking in with my dress. The gown was pressed beautifully and the convenience was so incredibly helpful. I've sent my gown back to them for a professional cleaning and I would recommend them to anyone who needs a cleaner who is really looking out for the client!

YAY for house calls! :)

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Sara G

It was so wonderful to have Angela's team come to my parents house and steam my wedding dress and all my bridesmaid's dresses! Since everyone had come from out of town for our Maine wedding, it was so nice to not have to worry about taking the dresses, dropping them off,... Read More picking them up, etc... I even had them steam the groom's suit! They were friendly and their smiles and efficiency helped me stay super relaxed on my wedding day and the dresses looked amazing. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Helen P

I used Pratt Abbott for after wedding dress care and preservation. I was really pleased with their customer service throughout the process, which was super easy! I dropped my dress off at my local Pratt Abbott and they gave me the option to view it before they put it in the... Read More preservation box at the South Portland store. The bottom of my dress was very soiled and there was a small rip in part of the tulle in the bustle area--however, when Pratt Abbott was done with it the dress looked good as new and they were even able to repair the rip! When the preservation was done I picked it back up at my local store; I'm happy I made the investment in preservation, they did a wonderful job. Angela and Becky were great to work, and I even received a hand written thank you from Angela a few weeks later which was really impressive! I would definitely recommend using Pratt Abbott.

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Whitney B

GREAT! I took my dress in about a month after the wedding. Angela was very responsive via email answering questions. Very easy process to drop off. All staff were very friendly. About 6 weeks later I picked up my dress beautifully boxed and preserved. I am so happy I can keep my... Read More dress forever so beautifully presented. Well worth the cost (which seems reasonable). I recommend working with Pratt Abbott. I was glad to have this done at a local shop.

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Debbie B

This review is long overdue and I apologize. Our daughter was married this past July and her reception was at the Inn on Peaks Island. When she and I went shopping to find her perfect wedding dress, we wanted to make certain she was able to have fun in her dress. Can you bend... Read More over, can you dance and can you sit down in your dress without having to hold it up or fear of the dress ripping? At the end of the evening, if her wedding dress was any indication of how much fun she had, FUN she had. The dress was simply filthy dirty, with grass stains (from pictures), dirt from walking the island roads and, of course, the late night pizza stains! We thought the stains would never come out of the dress. I went online and emailed Pratt Abbott to tell them about her dress. Within two hours, I received an email back from Angela indicating no appointment was necessary, to simply bring the dress into any of their fourteen locations and they would make it beautiful again. And that they did! Thank you so much for taking such great care of her dress. As you said, the dirtier the wedding dress, the more fun the bride had. Thank you again and I would recommend Pratt Abbott to all brides looking to have their dresses cleaned and preserved.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Chelsea O

EXCELLENT! Pratt Abbott did a beautiful job cleaning and preserving my dress. Their personal service was also remarkable. Even as I was indecisive about whether or not I wanted to preserve my dress and difficult to get a hold of because of my work schedule, Pratt Abbott remained... Read More gracious and helpful. I eventually decided to preserve it, and am very glad I did. I would recommend Pratt Abbott to all brides!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Meghan C

Working with Pratt Abbott was extremely easy and I am very pleased with how my dress looks! I didn't think about needing to have my dress cleaned at all until the day after the wedding and seeing how dirty the hemline of my dress had gotten. After the honeymoon, I scrambled... Read More around doing research to try and find someone to clean my dress and that was when I saw that Pratt Abbott, the dry cleaner down the street, had the special certifications to do so. I emailed them and got a response right away. My dress and I were in two different locations, but my grandmother brought it to them and then they called me so that I could pay for the service directly. Every person I spoke to was lovely and helpful. My dress now looks just as perfect as it did before I put it on.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kate S

Pratt Abbott was great to work with. I received a gift card for our wedding or preparing and preserving the dress. My dress may have been a challenge, beads all over and lace shoulders, but the lady that assisted us never let me or mom worry at all!! The steam and preparation... Read More was perfect. Thank you Pratt Abbott for letting me and Mom be worry free on such an important day. We love you guys!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Roz H

OUTSTANDING SERVICE! We can't thank the entire Pratt Abbott team enough for the special service they provided to ensure our daughter's wedding dress was perfect! We traveled with the dress from Texas. We experienced top notch care and professionalism with the gown from the... Read More moment we dropped it off in the So. Portland location to the personal delivery by Angela and Becky directly to the Black Point Inn where our daughter was getting married. The dress had delicate pressing needs that were handled perfectly making the dress fit like a dream. Angela and Becky delivered the dress the day before the wedding making sure they found just the right spot to hang it and before leaving making sure additional steaming needs were taken care of so that it was wrinkle free. Everyone made us feel as though we were their only bridal customer and definitely most important to them! We thank them all for making the already beautiful but stressful day much more relaxing!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017

Thank you Pratt Abbott for an amazing job done cleaning and preserving my wedding dress. It's been 15 years since I have worn it, and it looks as gorgeous as it did on my special day.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Helen M

Angela and her team at Pratt Abbott cleaned and preserved my wedding gown after our big day this summer. The turn around was quick and we were really impressed by the care taken to make my dress perfect forever. I will be keeping my dress- and not selling it online- but if I... Read More were to sell it I would have complete confidence in the quality and the cleaning. Pratt Abbott also provided me with a certificate verifying professional cleaning and preservation. I think this would help me get top dollar for the dress.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Pia S

Pratt Abbott did a fantastic job cleaning and preserving my wedding dress from 1972. This dress was also the dress my mother wore in 1940. Unfortunately, it was never properly stored therefore it yellowed significantly. I am so pleased with the way it came out after all... Read More these years, Becky did an amazing job! I highly recommend Pratt Abbott to any bride! I am grateful to now have these memories properly stored away safely for whatever may come down the road.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Shannon M

I sold my gown on stillwhite.com. They made the buyer very happy with the excellent job they did on cleaning it, packaging it, and making it look like it just came off the rack! Thank you!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Emily M

I brought my dress to Pratt Abbott to get cleaned before the my wedding because I had purchased it off the rack. Angela was very helpful answering all of my questions and recommended that I have it altered first and then cleaned. In hindsight I wish I had done it the other way... Read More around, because I needed a couple small alterations after. Nonetheless, the dress was cleaned perfectly and looked perfect! Turnaround was SUPER fast!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Molly T

Thank you Becky and Angela for all of your help and efforts in cleaning and pressing my wedding gown. Your team at Pratt Abbott was able to bring the dress back to a pristine condition. I will recommend your wedding gown services to friends and family in the future. Thanks for... Read More all of your help!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Jennifer L

I loved working with Pratt Abbott Cleaners for my wedding gown needs. Angela was wonderful and was easily accessible with any questions regarding the care and transportation of my gown and veil. Pratt Abbott got my garments all ready for my big day and then took away the stress... Read More of transportation by delivering it to my venue the day before. It was beautiful. They also cleaned and preserved my gown and veil after the wedding and it looks gorgeous. I also use Pratt Abbott's cleaning services for my work clothes. I highly recommend them for any bride or working woman in Maine!

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Emily C

Pratt Abbott did an incredible job steaming and pressing my wedding dress prior to my wedding and then cleaning and preserving it after the wedding. They were very friendly and ensured the dress was ready with plenty of time to spare. After the wedding I thought the bottom of... Read More the dress was destroyed with red wine and grass stains but Pratt Abbott was able to get it back looking nearly new. It was a designer silk gown with extensive detail and the owner took extra care to clean the material by hand with special solutions. I would recommend Pratt Abbott to any bride looking to freshen up her gown before or to restore it after the big day.

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Danielle S

My dress came back great & looks beautiful from what I can tell. My only minor complaint is the box the dress came in. The handle was not sturdy at all & I could not carry the box by its handle. Other than that the customer service was great, & dress looks well preserved. I... Read More also received a very sweet note congratulating/thanking me for using Pratt Abbott.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Brenda G

Pratt Abbott Cleaners did a great job! They were professional and explained exactly what would be done to my dress - and they delivered it early!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Maggie A

Fabulous service, great price, I HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Stacey J

My experience with Pratt Abbott with Angela (and Jane) at my recent wedding in Maine was so amazing. I was flabbergasted at the degree of service they provided. Angela went above and beyond from our initial conversations through to the delivery of my wedding dress and my... Read More husband's suit. I planned the wedding in Maine from our home in South Carolina and Angela walked me through the best options for shipping my dress and when to have it delivered. She actually brought my dress to the ferry to Peak's Island where we were getting married, on a Sunday! Perhaps more impressive is the way she handled our "first wedding emergency" with my husband's custom suit. A cleaner in South Carolina stained his brand new custom made shirt the day before we left for Maine (we went up on a Thursday and the wedding was on Sunday.) I contacted Angela in a panic and she immediately went into action and had an employee standing by to help us see if the shirt could be salvaged. Jane washed the shirt several times and spent a lot of time on Friday, but managed to get it clean!!!! Again, above and beyond service! I had no idea this existed for something as seemingly ordinary as cleaning a dress and suit. Thanks Angela and everyone at Pratt Abbott in Maine. You greatly contributed to the best day of our lives! -Stacey and Glenn, South Carolina (9/25/16)

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Alison W

I recently had my wedding gown cleaned and preserved at Pratt Abbott Cleaners. I first spoke with Angela, who represents their wedding division. She was so kind and so helpful; she explained the entire process to me and let me know what to expect. I dropped my gown off at the... Read More Yarmouth location where Kate provided exceptional service! She took the time to look over my gown to find any obvious stains or damage. Kate also went over the the process with me and let me know what my finished gown would like like and how to care for and store the box. I was told that the process may take over a month but I received an e-mail that it was ready in less than two weeks! The preservation looks fantastic and it came with written instructions on how to care for and store the dress (something I would have forgotten over the years). I highly recommend Pratt Abbott Cleaners for any garment that is important to you!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

I was very pleased to work with Angela Emery, Garment Care Coordinator at Pratt Abbott Cleaners. In planning a destination wedding, I wasn't familiar with the local vendors. On line reviews assured me Pratt Abbott is very experienced in wedding gown cleaning/ pressing. I flew... Read More to Portland with the gown, not concerned if it was wrinkled, because an appointment was scheduled with Pratt Abbott. The customer service was exceptional. Angela contacted me to confirm when I would deliver my gown to Pratt Abbott and where and when I needed it delivered upon cleaning. Delivery was prompt and the gown looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

Angela and her team were amazing! My dress had a lot of layers and silk flower apliques that were folded over and needed to be perfected! They went above and beyond to make my wedding dress perfect! They came to my bridal suite and took their time and spent close to 3 hours... Read More steaming my dress! I was so happy and couldn't wait to wear my wedding dress!! Thank you all so much for making me feel beautiful on my special day!

Meet The Coordinator

Angela Emery

Pratt Abbott’s wedding department takes care of wedding attire before, at, and after your wedding. As Garment Care Coordinator, I have the pleasure of working with brides, families, and the Pratt Abbott wedding team to make sure that everything about your wedding dress is perfect for your big day. I coordinate the pick-up or drop-off of wedding garments, communicate with venues and stylists, and oversee the cleaning, preparation and preservation of all wedding garments. There is nothing more satisfying than helping people achieve the wedding day of their dreams.