Very special care for your gown!

Established in 1944, Pratt Abbott is Maine's foremost expert in wedding gown care and preservation. Custom cleaning, pressing and preservation for the bride and entire wedding party. Free pick up and delivery to area hotels and residences. Endorsed by the Association of Bridal Consultants.

Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation

55 Bradley Drive , Westbrook, ME (207) 210-5127

Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Krista F

Pratt Abbott Cleaners steamed my wedding dress and it came out perfect! Everyone who we communicated with was very professional, helpful, and pleasant to work with. My dress was delivered to the venue on time and the woman who delivered it made sure it was placed in the correct... Read More room and hanging up correctly before leaving. Angela included a very nice note with the delivery, congratulating me on my wedding day. We are using Pratt Abbott for my dress cleaning and preservation. Thank you so much!

Pressed and Delivered So smoothly

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Victoria S

I really appreciate the work this company did for me. I travelled with my gown from Denver to Portland Maine and was heading to my parents cottage in casco bay. After traveling all day with my heavy ball gown i could not imagine lugging it onto a ferry. I was so pleased how... Read More Pratt-Abbott was ready to receive me and my gown and hold it for me all week before my wedding. On the day before our wedding, Angela showed up to our hotel just as we were checking in with my dress. The gown was pressed beautifully and the convenience was so incredibly helpful. I've sent my gown back to them for a professional cleaning and I would recommend them to anyone who needs a cleaner who is really looking out for the client!

YAY for house calls! :)

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Sara G

It was so wonderful to have Angela's team come to my parents house and steam my wedding dress and all my bridesmaid's dresses! Since everyone had come from out of town for our Maine wedding, it was so nice to not have to worry about taking the dresses, dropping them off,... Read More picking them up, etc... I even had them steam the groom's suit! They were friendly and their smiles and efficiency helped me stay super relaxed on my wedding day and the dresses looked amazing. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Pia S

Pratt Abbott did a fantastic job cleaning and preserving my wedding dress from 1972. This dress was also the dress my mother wore in 1940. Unfortunately, it was never properly stored therefore it yellowed significantly. I am so pleased with the way it came out after all... Read More these years, Becky did an amazing job! I highly recommend Pratt Abbott to any bride! I am grateful to now have these memories properly stored away safely for whatever may come down the road.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Shannon M

I sold my gown on stillwhite.com. They made the buyer very happy with the excellent job they did on cleaning it, packaging it, and making it look like it just came off the rack! Thank you!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Emily M

I brought my dress to Pratt Abbott to get cleaned before the my wedding because I had purchased it off the rack. Angela was very helpful answering all of my questions and recommended that I have it altered first and then cleaned. In hindsight I wish I had done it the other way... Read More around, because I needed a couple small alterations after. Nonetheless, the dress was cleaned perfectly and looked perfect! Turnaround was SUPER fast!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Molly T

Thank you Becky and Angela for all of your help and efforts in cleaning and pressing my wedding gown. Your team at Pratt Abbott was able to bring the dress back to a pristine condition. I will recommend your wedding gown services to friends and family in the future. Thanks for... Read More all of your help!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Jennifer L

I loved working with Pratt Abbott Cleaners for my wedding gown needs. Angela was wonderful and was easily accessible with any questions regarding the care and transportation of my gown and veil. Pratt Abbott got my garments all ready for my big day and then took away the stress... Read More of transportation by delivering it to my venue the day before. It was beautiful. They also cleaned and preserved my gown and veil after the wedding and it looks gorgeous. I also use Pratt Abbott's cleaning services for my work clothes. I highly recommend them for any bride or working woman in Maine!

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Emily C

Pratt Abbott did an incredible job steaming and pressing my wedding dress prior to my wedding and then cleaning and preserving it after the wedding. They were very friendly and ensured the dress was ready with plenty of time to spare. After the wedding I thought the bottom of... Read More the dress was destroyed with red wine and grass stains but Pratt Abbott was able to get it back looking nearly new. It was a designer silk gown with extensive detail and the owner took extra care to clean the material by hand with special solutions. I would recommend Pratt Abbott to any bride looking to freshen up her gown before or to restore it after the big day.

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Danielle S

My dress came back great & looks beautiful from what I can tell. My only minor complaint is the box the dress came in. The handle was not sturdy at all & I could not carry the box by its handle. Other than that the customer service was great, & dress looks well preserved. I... Read More also received a very sweet note congratulating/thanking me for using Pratt Abbott.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Brenda G

Pratt Abbott Cleaners did a great job! They were professional and explained exactly what would be done to my dress - and they delivered it early!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Maggie A

Fabulous service, great price, I HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Stacey J

My experience with Pratt Abbott with Angela (and Jane) at my recent wedding in Maine was so amazing. I was flabbergasted at the degree of service they provided. Angela went above and beyond from our initial conversations through to the delivery of my wedding dress and my... Read More husband's suit. I planned the wedding in Maine from our home in South Carolina and Angela walked me through the best options for shipping my dress and when to have it delivered. She actually brought my dress to the ferry to Peak's Island where we were getting married, on a Sunday! Perhaps more impressive is the way she handled our "first wedding emergency" with my husband's custom suit. A cleaner in South Carolina stained his brand new custom made shirt the day before we left for Maine (we went up on a Thursday and the wedding was on Sunday.) I contacted Angela in a panic and she immediately went into action and had an employee standing by to help us see if the shirt could be salvaged. Jane washed the shirt several times and spent a lot of time on Friday, but managed to get it clean!!!! Again, above and beyond service! I had no idea this existed for something as seemingly ordinary as cleaning a dress and suit. Thanks Angela and everyone at Pratt Abbott in Maine. You greatly contributed to the best day of our lives! -Stacey and Glenn, South Carolina (9/25/16)

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Alison W

I recently had my wedding gown cleaned and preserved at Pratt Abbott Cleaners. I first spoke with Angela, who represents their wedding division. She was so kind and so helpful; she explained the entire process to me and let me know what to expect. I dropped my gown off at the... Read More Yarmouth location where Kate provided exceptional service! She took the time to look over my gown to find any obvious stains or damage. Kate also went over the the process with me and let me know what my finished gown would like like and how to care for and store the box. I was told that the process may take over a month but I received an e-mail that it was ready in less than two weeks! The preservation looks fantastic and it came with written instructions on how to care for and store the dress (something I would have forgotten over the years). I highly recommend Pratt Abbott Cleaners for any garment that is important to you!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

I was very pleased to work with Angela Emery, Garment Care Coordinator at Pratt Abbott Cleaners. In planning a destination wedding, I wasn't familiar with the local vendors. On line reviews assured me Pratt Abbott is very experienced in wedding gown cleaning/ pressing. I flew... Read More to Portland with the gown, not concerned if it was wrinkled, because an appointment was scheduled with Pratt Abbott. The customer service was exceptional. Angela contacted me to confirm when I would deliver my gown to Pratt Abbott and where and when I needed it delivered upon cleaning. Delivery was prompt and the gown looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

Angela and her team were amazing! My dress had a lot of layers and silk flower apliques that were folded over and needed to be perfected! They went above and beyond to make my wedding dress perfect! They came to my bridal suite and took their time and spent close to 3 hours... Read More steaming my dress! I was so happy and couldn't wait to wear my wedding dress!! Thank you all so much for making me feel beautiful on my special day!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Erin M

I used Pratt Abbott for my dress and I couldn't have been happier!! Not only did they do a fantastic job on the dress, they were kind, friendly, and dropped it off to my hotel in Portland. I will be using PA for all my laundry needs!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Robin M

I had a wonderful experience with Pratt Abbott Cleaners! My mother had used Pratt Abbott years ago when she had her wedding dress preserved and she highly recommended that I use Pratt Abbott and said she wouldn't trust anyone else. I was very nervous to trust anyone with my... Read More dress. The entire experience was wonderful! They have excellent service and did a beautiful job with my dress. I had an outside wedding and my dress was filthy, but they were able to clean it perfectly. I would highly recommend Pratt Abbott Cleaners to any bride!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

AMAZING!!! Great service, excellent communication & my dress looks great!!! Worth every penny :D

October 11, 2015 Wedding

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Sarah P

I used Pratt-Abbott to preserve my wedding dress and veil after my big day. My mother actually handled everything for me (I live in a different state), but it seemed like they were courteous to deal with and it was much less expensive than I thought it would be. The dress came... Read More out looking pristine and they even sent a handwritten note after completing the work. Very glad I used their services.

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Genevieve F

Angela did an AMAZING job on my dress. There was cake on the front which I was sure would leave an oil stain and she got it out. There were a few pulls as well and she fixed them so they are only visible when you are right up staring at the dress belly. They also dropped the... Read More price on my cleaning since the dress was a non-traditional wedding dress (more like a bridesmaid style). I can not say enough good things about it! My husband had his kilt cleaned here as well and it came out fantastic! Thank you Pratt Abbott!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Megan W

I bought my dress where I live in Chicago, IL, and had the dress shipped directly to Pratt Abbott, who received it and steamed it and got it ready to wear for my big day. It was so easy to work with Angela and my dress looked beautiful on the day of my wedding. Afterwards, my... Read More dad dropped my dress back off for preservation, and now it is beautifully cleaned and preserved in a big white box at my parents' house in Maine! I had a great experience, and affordable, too, with Pratt Abbott. I was so anxious about getting my dress from Chicago to Maine, and their assistance took away all my anxieties!

Reviewed on 12/27/2015 Julie D

My dress delivered to me in a big beautiful box! It was completed in a timely manner and looks brand new! THANK YOU!

Amazing work

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Hannah S

My wedding dress was prepared by Pratt Abbott. The work was amazing, my dress looked perfect. The customer service was wonderful, everyone was pleasant and extremely positive. They have a quick turn around time and excellent communication. There is no one else I would trust... Read More with my wedding dress.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Holly S

Great service with very short notice! We were married in Old Orchard Beach this summer and my dress was wrinkled when we arrived. We dropped it off for steaming three days before the event and they turned it around in two days and it turned out perfect. The price was also... Read More very reasonable!! Great service, would highly recommend!

Meet The Coordinator

Angela Emery

Pratt Abbott’s wedding department takes care of wedding attire before, at, and after your wedding. As Garment Care Coordinator, I have the pleasure of working with brides, families, and the Pratt Abbott wedding team to make sure that everything about your wedding dress is perfect for your big day. I coordinate the pick-up or drop-off of wedding garments, communicate with venues and stylists, and oversee the cleaning, preparation and preservation of all wedding garments. There is nothing more satisfying than helping people achieve the wedding day of their dreams.