Premier Wedding DJ's

Average DJ Cost = <$1000.......Best Prices in PGH!

Average DJ Cost = <$1000....Best Prices in PGH!

After being a Top DJ in the Pittsburgh region for years, I branched off and started my own Wedding DJ Company because of my love for the business. In our first year, we were awarded the Best Of Awards by Thumbtack, Yelp, and Pittsburgh Magazine. After we became a preferred vendor on The Knot we were awarded the prestigious "Best of Weddings Award" and are growing faster than ever! One of the main reasons for our growth is because of our Best Price Guarantee. Very simply: "We Will Beat Any Other Price Quote You Have Received By At Least $100!" We will give you the best experience at the best price..... GUARANTEED! Contact me for an estimate and learn why we are The Most Booked DJ Co in Pittsburgh........

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

117 Shippen Dr, Moon Twp, PA Average DJ Cost = <$1000.......Best Prices in PGH! (724) 201-4242

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 David B

Did everything we asked, super flexible, and read the crowd like he was . . . well . . . like he was a great professional DJ. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE DEAL! Mike does all the things the DJs do, takes your requests, finds out exactly how you want everything to flow, is... Read More inquisitive about the music you want played. He was very flexible and met us 3 or 4 times to understand what we wanted. Then he executed flawlessly. We wanted him to just keep the flow of the night going, and play music with limited interruptions. He did it. He played the songs we wanted, but when it came to the dancing portion of the evening he let his honed DJ instincts kick in. He took our cues from our requests, then he mixed in similar music. He changed the beats seemlessly if things appeared they were dying down and he reignited the party. I am not sure I can explain how well he read the crowd and did his job PERFECTLY. Oh yeah, we also got a photo booth, which was also awesome. Great props, no glitches, easy to use software to give multiple prints. Sure my wife and I spent a lot of time planning, but there is nobody else I want on the anchor leg to bring my wedding party to its dramatic, fantastic conclusion than PREMIER WEDDING DJ's

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 John R

Contacting Mike was by far one of the best decisions I’ve made, other than saying “I do” this past weekend. I started researching DJ’s and was quite surprise with how high the cost could go. And don’t even get me started on the costs of photographers. In my mind the dollar signs... Read More kept rolling over and the budget kept growing. A couple DJ’s I spoke with were very pushy with their additional services, saying things like “you need to add this”, or “ well that’s going to be an extra fee” . Then I contacted PWDJ. Mike was super friendly and easy to talk to. He offered direction where I needed it, but didn’t take control of anything. While we were talking he asked if we happened to book our photographer yet “I couldn’t pull the trigger spending 2-4K on someone to take our photos. To be honest I was considering asking a friend, or just opting out. Mike then through out his relationship with his fiancé, Samantha. They were able to offer us a DJ & Photography package for less than I thought it was going to cost me for one service. Some people may be out there thinking, “ you get what you pay for”. In this circumstance I disagree. Mike and Samantha offer great service at a great price. I kind of think they underprice themselves, but you can really tell that they enjoy what is is they do! On time, Friendly, takes or gives direction based off the specific situations. We were Mikes first gay (same-sex) wedding. So we were hesitant as well working with someone that may not be comfortable with us, or make us uncomfortable. They’re truly just great people. We had fun with a couple of details too, added some clips of songs to the beginning of slow songs to get a giggle or rise out of our guests, and came up with a boutonnière & bow tie toss. The crowd really enjoyed that. Quite the incredible evening. I highly suggest reaching out and meeting with this duo! You’re doing yourself and your guests a disservice if you don’t.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Stephanie G

I cannot say enough about how great Mike was throughout the entire process. From beginning to end he was incredibly helpful and incredible to work with. Not only that, he was accommodating to all of our requests and flexible with our last minute changes. If you need a DJ in the... Read More Pittsburgh area, my wife and I cannot recommend him enough. He has a great mix of everything, knows how to keep everyone entertained, and on the dance floor. If you pick Mike to be your DJ (which you should) your music/DJ will be one less thing you have to worry about on the big day, because he knows what he's doing. So stop reading this review and go click that request a quote button or go checkout his website to get in contact with him, you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 1/30/2018

Mike was fantastic. He beat everyone else's price by $100 just like he said he would. He responded extremely quickly to any questions or concerns we had and there were no surprises. Within days of the wedding he was able to modify and add services for us with no problem.... Read More He's able to coordinate services by use of a simple form and phone calls and doesn't make you jump through any unnecessary hoops. I wish all our vendors would've been more like him. Coincidentally, he also DJ'd my cousin's wedding a few weeks before mine, but if our wedding would've been first I would've recommended him to my cousin or any other family member, just as I'd recommend him to anyone else researching DJs. I'd give him more than 5 stars if it was an option.

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Moira J

Bottom line: I felt like Mike was not prepared for our wedding. I messaged him months in advanced to start planning and he kept pushing back the date for us to talk. I messaged him monthly and he kept saying he would reach out to me later. He finally only had time to discuss... Read More the details of our wedding, 4 days before our wedding. During the wedding, he did not make a lot of our basic announcements like the cake cutting, or guide guests to where they needed to get to. He also ignored our "do not play list" and left many of our "must play list" songs out. Furthermore, he ignored our choice for the Anniverary Dance song, and was going to end the evening on a song other than our requested last song of the evening until I gave him "a look." He then scrambled to find "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles, which was our requested last song of the evening. But, he instead ended up playing an awful cover version instead of The Beatles. Who does that? In general, I felt like he did not prepare for our wedding or review our song choices until the day of. When we talked to him during the conversation before our wedding, he didn't like the type of music we wanted to play before the ceremony and during dinner. He complained that he would have to download a lot if of music to meet our needs (for instance -- Mumford & Sons, Fleet Foxes, and other mellow indie music) . But promised he would play some of it (side note - he didn't). Finally, when my husband went to give him a tip after the wedding (which was quite generous considering), he made a snarky comment about how he was happy to get the tip because "the bride" was giving him "mean mugs" from across the dance floor throughout the night. I'm sorry, but if you pay money for a dj and take hours to fill out their requested paperwork, you should get what you want. And, they should read your requests. But also, you should NEVER bad talk the bride, even if you're slightly joking. Not ok. I can't believe my husband was able to calmly walk away. In general, if the music of your evening doesn't really matter to you/if you have no opinions on what gets played, he would probably be fine for you. He played the basic wedding music, and was fairly quick to change the song if no one was dancing. He kept the party going for the most part. But, if you want a dj tailored to your music and style, you may want to look elsewhere.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Kristen S

We had a big dancing crowd at our wedding so we knew that the DJ had to be one of our most important decisions in the planning process. We also knew that a DJ could make or break the whole feel of the evening, but we didn't want to break the bank in the process. My husband and I... Read More were so happy that we went with Premier! Our DJ, Matt, was so fun, outgoing, and helfpful throughout the entire process. Being an event planner myself, I really appreciated the detailed conference call upon initial consultation to discuss timeline and details, such as what songs were on our Do Not Play list and what personal touches (like my grandfather’s birthday) that he could add in to make our day even more special. If he had any questions further down the line, he would not hesitate to reach out to us instead of guessing on his own. He worked with us to create our own personal playlists for cocktail hour, dinner, and the reception that reflected us as a couple. He even worked with us when we had some last minute requests the night before! Matt kept the crowd dancing the whole night. He also helped to keep us on schedule, which is something you do NOT want to have to stress about during your reception! We had so many of our guests tell us that it was the best wedding they have been to, and we know that that would not have been possible without Premier! I would highly recommend PWDJs for your wedding.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Samantha M

Mike was fantastic throughout the entire planning process! From the affordable price, to mapping out the reception events, he was extremely professional and kept everything running smoothly. Our guests (and us!) had a great time. We also had the photo booth that Sam took care... Read More of. It was such a hit with guests of all ages and I cannot wait to get the digital link so we can see all the fun our guests had! I would definitely recommend them to people who are not only on a budget, but people that want a quality DJ service for their wedding.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Amanda M

We are so elated to have had Mike as our DJ for our reception! He was extremely personable, professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process. Mike asked great questions such as our wedding theme, "big picture," and specific songs we'd like played during the dinner... Read More and dancing hours. We had quite a unique playlist and Mike accommodated wonderfully! I highly recommend to anyone getting married. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and are grateful to have had Mike share in our special celebration!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Alex B

My husband and I are SO glad that we went with Premier Wedding DJ's. We were considering trying to do our own music or going without a dj for our wedding because of budget concerns, but we are SO GLAD that we reached out to PWD! Mike was booked for a wedding on our same day,... Read More but he met with us and went over many different options with us. He really understood our budget and worked with us to make our needs work with the services offered. And on the day of our wedding, DJ Matt Medley killed it! He really listened to what we wanted for our reception. On our day, there were some last minute changes and he was incredibly attentive while also being laid-back and fun. Our guests mentioned after the day how great he was. We added the photo booth and it was a blast- super fun and friendly staff! I would highly recommend this company- they were awesome and easy to work with. They really added to our special day to make it a blast!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Ashley M

Mike was a godsend to my husband and I; he went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and trust him completely with his choices of music. My husband and I are both profoundly Deaf and put all of our trust in him to pick out the right music for our video to show our guests... Read More and it was amazing! He also kept the timeline on track. In addition to all of this, he was flexible, took everybody's requests, thoughtful, considerate, prepared, thorough, patience, understanding, and very much in the mood for a great time! Guests told me that he had a great voice and was very articulate and clear. I recommend this DJ to anyone! Oh! If you have many kids coming to your reception, this is the right DJ for you because I had many at mine and Mike kept all of them dancing all night long! I received so many compliments on how Mike was kid-friendly...and "disability" friendly :)

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Kimberly H

DJ Matt Medley was FUN & INCREDIBLE! If there was an award for Best DJ of the year - Matt would win it by a landslide! I could not have imagined our wedding with a different DJ. Matt was incredibly funny, awesome, and overall amazing to have dj for us. He kept things running... Read More smoothly and there was always a group of people out having fun on the dance floor. He improvised when need be and just had an overall wonderful attitude. We've had SO many guests come up to us just giving us props and the greatest reviews about Matt which made us happy to hear! Thank you Matt for making our wedding more magical then we thought it could ever be! :)

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Antonia H

I cannot express how happy we were with Matt as our DJ! He had so much energy and greatly exceeded our expectations!! He pumped up the crowd, made all of our announcements, and made us feel so special. Every song we wanted to hear was played and he kept the party alive all the... Read More way to the end. I would hire him again in a heartbeat and our guests are still to this day telling us how lucky we were. Thank you so much Matt and Mike!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kelsey Y

Our DJ is the only thing that we would've changed on our wedding day. He butchered my whole bridal party's names during introductions and even called me the wrong name during our father/daughter dance. When my matron of honor corrected him, he argued with her and denied it.... Read More Everyone at my wedding laughed about it. We had a special play list picked to be played during dinner. One of my bridesmaids had to go to his booth and ask him why he wasn't playing it. He reeked of cigar smoke every time he came near us at the wedding. Friends were requesting songs at 9pm and he responded that he would play it "later". He was unprofessional and very disappointing. I would not ever recommend him.

2017-11-07T14:55:04 Response from the vendor

Kelsey, I am very sorry that your experience with our company did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your feedback, however I do not feel that your comments accurately describe what actually happened throughout the night. I wanted to address your comments below so that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Erica G

Mike and Sam made our day so special. DJ, photo booth, and videography all in one? Amazing. Sam captured every special moment, the photo booth was beautiful and a huge hit with our guests, and Mike played perfect music to go along with the night and our guests. He helped us stay... Read More on track with our timeline and was flexible with the music. He read our guests and adjusted accordingly. Such an incredible job. We appreciate them so much and were so thankful to have them there on our big day!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Kristen S

Premier wedding djs had the best deals and matt medley was our dj. He was so professional and courteous! He played exactly what I wanted and even threw in a snippet of a song during my sister’s maid of honor speech that had us laughing because it went right with it. Great... Read More personality, great dj! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Emilie G

We used Mike and Sam for our wedding 7 months ago. We found them due to their unbeatable prices and were very happy with them. I am currently scrolling through the pictures they took and falling in love with them all over again. I felt I needed to give them their well-deserved... Read More kudos :-).

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Nicolette J

While receiving quotes from various DJ's, Premier Wedding DJ was one of the vendors at the top of our list. After submitting a proposal, DJ Mike reached out to me and we talked on the phone. He gave me a price for the DJ services, and I said I would let him know as we were just... Read More in the preliminary stages. He was fairly persistent, often times texting me to follow up, which was fine. I eventually responded thanking him for his help and saying that we had decided to go with another DJ and this is where my experience went south. He began responding, via text, basically saying that I wasted his time and his 15+ times reaching out to me and that he couldn't believe it. I found this to be COMPLETELY unprofessional. After I explained that we had got a really good offer from another DJ that we couldn't pass up, he began to cause me of ignoring his calls and texts and not giving him a change, which was simply a lie. I sent him a screenshot proving that we talked on the phone, which he denied. Personally, I would not want someone to DJ my wedding and keep the entire reception on track if they can't even remember talking to me for a half hour. I work in the event planning and wedding planning industry and Dj Mike came across as unprofessional, unorganized, and childish and I'm EXTREMELY thankful we did not book him for our wedding!

2017-11-07T12:19:59 Response from the vendor

I have contacted The Knot and notified them that this woman did not even book my company and I don’t think that she should be able to write a negative review about us because of this. I have also submitted information to them showing that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Taber M

DJ Mike and Premier Wedding DJs is the go-to DJ for weddings! We couldn’t have been happier with the job he did at our wedding in September. He was well prepared prior to the wedding day and took last minute changes (the day of) in stride. During the wedding, he read the crowd... Read More like a master, and kept the dance floor packed all evening. Throughout the preparation process and the day of the wedding, Mike was considerate and professional. We highly recommend Mike for all types of weddings.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Tessa D

Mike was the perfect DJ for our wedding! He played everything that my husband and I requested and he knew exactly how to get people on the dance floor and keep them out here.My husband and I couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Shannon L

Mike was great. He worked with us and our busy schedules to make sure that everything was perfect for our big day. Since we had never planned a wedding before, we really relied on him to make sure the day's events went smoothly - which they did! Everything was perfect; the music... Read More was great and the up lighting was beautiful. I'm very happy with our choice and I'd definitely recommend Premier Wedding DJ's to anyone looking for a wonderful, affordable, DJ. Thanks Mike!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Scott W

Mike provided DJ services for my daughter's wedding. He did a wonderful job keeping the music flowing and the guests dancing! He also stayed late when the party was still going strong. Thanks Mike. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Kara S

My wife and I were married on 8/12/2017, and Mike was an awesome DJ to work with. We had some unique music choices, and ideas for our reception, and he was able to work with us on every thing we asked. He is very responsive with emails, phone calls, and texting! One day we... Read More spent at least an hour on the phone to go over music choices to make sure everything was set for our wedding. 10 out of 5, would recommend. PS. Mike is, "fresher than a new pair of Jordans".

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Katie N

We used Premier Wedding DJs for our wedding in August 2017. DJ Matt did a fantastic job of not only playing great music and keeping people dancing all night, but he kept the entire wedding running smoothly. We also opted for a photo booth which was a huge hit and left us with... Read More over 200 pictures in a keepsake album. Very good deal for the price. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Chelcey L

We were married 8/12/17 and had DJ Matt for our wedding. He was professional, personal and an all-around great person. He was adaptable and accommodating and kept things flowing.DJ Matt, thank you for being a part of our special day! We appreciated everything you did for us!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Jackie B

Premier Wedding DJ's really made our reception on July 15th amazing. The energy and enthusiasm of DJ Medley was infectious and created such a great vibe for our guests it truly made our entire evening a great success. We had a blast. The music was perfect, the lighting was... Read More perfect and the photo booth was perfect. I would recommend Premier Wedding DJ's to do any event!!

Mike Maxson

DJing Weddings has afforded me the opportunity to pursue my passion for producing music and open a local recording studio. So when you hire us, know you are working with true music professionals! It has also allowed my fiancé the opportunity to pursue her passion for photography and start her own business as well. We have also added Photobooth Rentals to our offerings and offer the best package pricing in the industry. Ask us for package discounts for your event!