Book Your Wedding with Preston Woodall House

Located in beautiful Benson, North Carolina, the Preston Woodall House brings an elegant Queen Anne-style historic building to couples seeking a historic venue for their wedding and reception. Built in 1910, the Preston Woodall House covers more than 9,000 square feet of space with a graceful ballroom, 13 beautiful bedrooms and three guest cottages designed to create an unforgettable wedding experience.

The Cora Lilly Grand Ballroom, with its high ceilings and historic architecture, shares more than 2,800 square feet of space for up to 300 guests. Elegant wall coverings and dark wood accents give the ballroom the feel of a grand mansion. A tiled dance floor graces the center of the room, which is lit by brass and crystal chandeliers. The carpeted seating area grants space for 30 tables and 300 chairs with additional areas for the DJ or wedding band. An indoor ceremony with towering gilt-edged mirrors as a backdrop makes your first look photos unforgettable. The elegant staircase inside the Preston Woodall House gives each bride the option of a beautiful entrance to the ceremony or reception and French doors access the patio creating additional space for a cocktail reception under the stars.

The Gardens provide a romantic space for an outdoor ceremony and reception on manicured grounds with the elegant columns of the Preston Woodall House as a background. A stone walkway leads to a pretty garden gazebo with a raised staging area for the ceremony itself. Guests flank the walkway in bright white chairs on the gorgeous green lawn and couples can add flowers or candles to brighten the space.

Easily accessed by both Interstate 95 and Interstate 40, the Preston Woodall House is a bed and breakfast with a graceful and unique southern charm that invites to-be-weds to relax and enjoy their wedding. A complete catering department creates amazing menus including plated dinners or buffet options. Entrees include beef Wellington, chicken Roulade, crab stuffed shrimp and pecan-crusted rainbow trout with a variety of appetizer and dessert selections. A complete bar with options for custom or signature drinks helps to create a festive reception.

The Preston Woodall House offers wedding packages that are all-inclusive. Lodging for guests in the historic home includes a delicious breakfast each morning and guest cottages are also available for a more private housing option. The house is also available for pre-wedding portraits and rehearsal dinners when a wedding package is chosen.

The beautiful and historic location of the Preston Woodall House is definitely a perk when it comes to weddings or receptions in North Carolina. Other perks include:

• A grand piano for photos or music
  • Close to restaurants and lodging
  • Bridal suite and breakfast for the newlyweds

Presenting a Spectacular Venue for Your Day

The Preston Woodall House will dazzle you and your guests. The Mansions Cora Lily Grand Ballroom, outdoor gardens, 3 separate cottages surrounding the Mansion and baby grand piano creates one of the triangles most breathtaking wedding venues... A Legacy of Grand Weddings!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

201 E. Hill Street, Benson, NC (919) 894-7025

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Vivian B

BEST WEDDING VENUE IN NORTH CAROLINA! Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Joel Hurley and his amazing staff! Nick and DJ went above and beyond turning the ballroom into a dream when our outside ceremony in the gardens got rained out. Family and friends are still... Read More contacting me telling me how beautiful the venue was with its elegant yet decadant 1910 charm still in tact throughout the entire house. The food was absolutely delicious and all the guests kept commenting on how tender their steak was! The ballroom is breathtaking and being able to stay with the wedding party the entire weekend in the onsite cottages is priceless. The memories made at the Preston Woodall House will forever be my favorite.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Danielle W

When it came time to scope the perfect venue for our wedding, we saw several places prior to the Preston Woodall House, but not one seemed to capture the warmth, charm or vibe we were going for. We drove out to Benson, NC and feasted our eyes on this gorgeous 1910 Queen Anne... Read More mansion. We both fell instantly in love with it, and knew that it would more than provide the perfect backdrop to our special day. Joel and his staff went above and beyond their call of duty for us. Joel went out of his way to make sure we had the perfect linens, chairs, cuisine, and on site accommodations. Joel was our day of wedding coordinator as well. The venue speaks for itself but the warmth and charm of the Preston Woodall House is Joel and his amazing staff. We truly felt like a king and queen that weekend

Reviewed on 2/12/2018 Hailey C

Preston Woodall House is amazing on all levels! They welcomed us with open arms from our very first tour. My husband and I were married here on February 3, and it was a dream day. Joel is so accommodating and helpful through the whole process. I cannot rave enough about Nick and... Read More DJ! Nick was there through our whole wedding planning process.. He was always available whenever I had questions regarding our day, and gave the best advice in order to make the day beautiful.. DJ is an AMAZING chef! I have gotten so many compliments on our wedding food! My day was wonderful and it is in big thanks to this amazing venue!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Sarah A

There are not enough words to brag on how wonderful PWH and the staff truly are. When my fiancé and are were searching for wedding venues we weren’t really finding anything that stood out. We almost settled until we met Joel. Hurricane Matthew swept through right before our... Read More meeting and Joel still offered to meet with us. Joel was so genuine and you could see that this was his passion. He never made us feel overwhelmed or pressured at any time. It was an easy decision that we wanted to have our wedding weekend at PWH. The house and the on site accommodations speak for themselves- what a wonderful deal to make a weekend out of your wedding! At our tasting, Nick helped us go through the wonderful meal that DJ prepared and talked through linens. Again, you could tell that they loved what they did! Closer to the wedding Nick was 1000% on his game with finalizing all of the small details and made our life so stress free by talking me through anything I didn’t understand. Over a year later after booking our big weekend arrived. Our rehearsal went so smooth and quick due to cold weather- Again Nick was on his A-game. The pasta bar was amazing and the staff was incredible! All accommodations for our guest on site were perfect. Breakfast all morning were so amazing that all of our family and friends still rave about the Grits! The day of went by so smoothly!! With Nick leading and the staff being there basically to help you with whatever you needed for the party and our guests - we were stress free. Kim was by my side the entire day! She was there to pick up my train while I was waiting, there with a drink and food in her hand to make me eat / drink during down time, asked me exactly what I wanted to eat (all the mashed potatoes) and even made sure to save me appetizers for later. Kim was a God-send, she truly kept me calm throughout the day when nerves got in the way! Nick and the team were there every second the of day to make sure things were running smoothly. Every food and drink staff was so nice and polite and not once did anyone look unhappy! You would have thought the staff was apart of the wedding, they were joining in on the dancing and even taking pictures with our family and friends! The reception food was incredible but that was no surprise, DJ is an incredible chef and again, our guests still talk about delicious the food was. I really couldn’t ask for anything better than the time we had there. Joel, Nick, DJ, and staff - Chris and I can’t thank you enough for being so amazing, making sure our day perfect, and treating us like your family. We love you all so much and would choose PWH over and over again.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Laura S

I can't even begin to express how amazing it was to get married at the Preston Woodall House. Not only is the house beautiful, with room to house 26 guests, and all-inclusive, but they have the BEST staff of any of the vendors we worked with. Nick and DJ, our coordinator and... Read More chef, made our wedding great. Multiple people have told me that the rest of the staff, especially Kim, helped them with whatever they needed. From signing the contract to packing up the morning after, they had smiles on their faces and gave us a helping hand with everything. When I was getting a headache during the reception, Kim gave me a neck massage. I forgot my cousin has extensive food allergies (oops, wedding brain), and they got her a plate of stuff she could eat during the middle of the reception. Everyone was so welcoming, and honestly it felt like Nick and DJ were part of the family by the time everything was over! On top of that, the house was breathtaking. We really loved that everything happened in one place, that I could get ready upstairs, that our whole bridal party and their guests could stay on site with us, and that the ceremony and reception happened in the ballroom. After the rehearsal dinner, we were able to have a karaoke night in the ballroom because we had the house for the whole weekend! And DJ told us ghost stories. It was so wonderful, I'm so grateful for everything they did for us and how amazing they made our special day.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Lindsey C

I don't even know where to BEGIN raving about the Preston Woodall House crew in Benson, NC. From the minute we stepped into the venue back in November of 2016, we KNEW this was our venue and that it was going to be amazing! What we didn't know was just how easy, stress-free,... Read More FUN, and overall fabulous that, not only our wedding would be, but our entire weekend spent there! Before visiting them, we were anticipating spending EASILY $10k-$15k just on the ceremony and reception, let alone photography, catering, flowers, DJ, etc. They helped us book our photographer, florist, DJ, and of course the provide their own catering, so the only work we had to do is let them know what we wanted in order for our day to be “perfect” and they made it happen! We chose the weekend package because a lot of our family was coming in from out of town, and we wanted to make sure we could all spend as much time together as possible. Joel and Nick are by far two of the greatest people on Earth, and definitely made me feel like a Queen the entire weekend. DJ, the "house chef," and his crew gave us INCREDIBLE rehearsal and reception dinners, and the rest of the Preston Woodall staff treated us as if we were family. I could write an entire book about this venue, and it still wouldn't do them justice. If you are in North Carolina and looking for the perfect venue, look no further than the Preston Woodall House in Benson!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Ed H

My wife and I got married at the Preston Woodall House on August 6, 2017. Let me just say, from our initial meeting with the owner, Joel, to the ceremony and reception, we could not have been more pleased with everything. The venue, itself, is absolutely beautiful. We felt... Read More very comfortable when we first met Joel and decided to book our wedding/reception. Very friendly and was a pleasure to deal with. The staff, during the entire ceremony and reception was so helpful and truly made us feel that it was OUR day! Nick was very helpful with any details that we needed help with that day and made sure everything went smoothly. The food was AMAZING!!! DJ, the head chef, is a phenomenal cook. We had ribeye steak, salmon, pork BBQ, and a slew of other appetizers and sides. We stayed the night, in one of the rooms, as it is a bed and breakfast as well. The room was very comfortable and we got a great night sleep. We were served a wonderful breakfast, the next morning, prior to our exit. If you are looking for a venue where you are really taken care of from initial meeting to reception, we highly recommend the Preston Woodall House. Thank you very much for making our day such a great day for us!!! Ed & Anita Harris

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Erica S

I've never had such a phenomenal experience in my life and I doubt I will again. All weekend the staff at the Preston Woodall House treated us like royalty, with amazing food and excellent service. They set up our reception decorations while we were upstairs getting ready. The... Read More cottages and mansion house both had comfy beds and toiletries. If you want a hassle-free beautiful wedding experience that your loved ones will talk about for ages, I highly recommend giving these folks a call.

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Belinda P

If you have a vision for your special day, Nick and DJ will enhance it. If you don't have a vision, they will help create it. These guys did an incredible job making my sister's wedding beautiful and flawless. And their ability to work with all types of personalities at the same... Read More time was nothing but spectacular. I can't say enough wonderful things about The Preston Woodall House, Nick, DJ, and their staff. AND the food was incredible.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Ashley G

Our day was perfect!! The ceremony and reception were awesome!! Joel Hurley and his wonderful staff made sure that every need was met. They went above and beyond to make all of our guests feel welcomed!! They helped us with things that were not expected of them!! Thank you... Read More Shaun C. for helping make the weekend go smoothly!! Thank you Chef D.J. for all the amazing foods!! Thank you Nicholas A. and the housekeeping staff for keeping everything in great operating order!! You guys ROCK!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 J Michele s

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Alyssa B

In May 2014, my fiance and I set out across the state of North Carolina to find our dream wedding venue. We had many things listed that the venue "must" have and we both knew without a doubt the moment we walked into the Preston Woodall that this was where we were to get... Read More married. From the moment we set our date for November 21, 2015 to the moment we drove away in our car from the reception, the staff at the Preston Woodall became not only a critical part of our day but they grew to be our friends. Having Joel do our day of coordination was an added bonus that I cannot recommend enough to new brides. Every little detail about our day was done with the up most care by the staff that it seemed as if we were the only wedding there that year. They focus solely on you and that moment that you forget how many weddings they host at the site each year. Choosing to do our ceremony and reception at the venue could not have been a better choice. The weather was perfect and Joel worked with us on every little detail to make sure we got the timing just how we wanted it. The weekend of our wedding we felt like the most special people on this earth. A few last minute changes and Joel was able to hold my bridesmaid brunch on site and it was the most beautiful display I have ever seen (kuddos to Jeffrey's Florist in Dunn). Stefanie was right there all weekend to answer any questions we had or to grab anything we needed. Stefanie and Joel operate as if they have been working together for decades and they played a huge role in how smooth our day went. Kim and Dustin were the most wonderful support system to have right after walking down the aisle. They assisted with our pictures while carrying my veil from place to place and packed up our left over dinner from the reception to make sure we had something to eat after our long drive back to Greensboro. Our guests have complemented continuously the amazing food that Chef Brian prepared and I can tell you it was just as wonderful the night of as it was at our food tasting a whole year before. He takes such great pride in his work and it does not go unnoticed. Our families and bridal party had the absolute best time staying on site during the wedding weekend. I cannot tell you how special it was to spend every moment together during that weekend and looking back on our day, it was the small moments of us being so close with our friends that made it what it was. When I look back on the most special day of my life, my heart smiles knowing my husband and I could not have picked a more perfect place to start our life together. To Joel and your entire staff- THANK YOU for becoming our friends over the past two years. Thank you for treating us like royalty and thank you for sharing your lives with us. My only sadness from our wedding day being done is knowing I do not get to talk to Joel on a weekly/monthly basis anymore. The Preston Woodall Staff truly became part of our family and we are so honored to have shared our wedding day with you all. All my love, Alyssa (Baker) Godwin November 21, 2015

2016-02-19T09:46:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such an amazing review Alyssa! We love you guys and appreciate your support and kindness throughout the planning process. One of our all-time favorite couples married at the Preston Woodall House.

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Emily M

We selected the Preston Woodall House for its incredible staff. Yes, the house is historically stunning and it has a fantastic outdoor setting but the people of Preston Woodall is what made our wedding the event of the year. The owner, Joel Hurley, walked us through step by... Read More step of the wedding process to make our wedding a symbolic representation of both of us. Chief Brian and his staff displayed their art in the decadent food that they presented at every meal of our stay at the PWH. It was a pleasure and joy to watch Stephanie, event manager, in her element. She conducted a symphony with her irreplaceable staff that treated our guest like family and anticipated their every need. When 30 more people arrived than planned at our wedding and guest had taken over the table for my family, the PWH staff sprang into action rolling out and decorated an additional table before our grand entrance. My father-in-law is a retired, decorated military officer and in his own words “I felt like royalty”. He was thanked and shown the utmost respect for his dedication and service. A request we did not have to ask for. Our wedding was filled with untraditional surprises, personal touches and lots and lots of partying; we could not have done it without the amazing staff and venue at Preston Woodall. After the wedding our guests were surprised to find out how much we spent on the event, imagining it cost much more than it did. Thank you, Preston Woodall House, for giving my bride the wedding of her dreams and in the budget I fought so hard to keep. We love you!! LIst of reasons why we love PHW Beautiful ballroom Elegant outdoor setting Impeccable staff Delicious food On-site lodging for 26 of our guests and reasons words are unable to describe Happy wives, Kristin & Emily Moler

Reviewed on 12/31/2015 Samantha M

My husband and I were just married at the PWH on 12/5/15. We looked at several venues before choosing PWH. The warm and welcoming staff and the beauty of the venue sold us immediately. Joel, Stephanie and their staff did an amazing job and our wedding was more beautiful... Read More than I had hoped. All of the staff was so helpful and accommodating. Every detail was taken care of and handled with professionalism. My step-dad is paralyzed so we had some pretty unique needs. Stephanie made sure that everything (even down to rearranging the furniture in his bedroom) was taken care of so that we were comfortable and my dad was able to participate in everything. The facility is beautiful and well maintained. The food is wonderful (Chef Brian, you're amazing!). The staff is excellent. In addition, their prices are excellent. We opted for the package that included the use of the cottages and the house from Friday through Sunday morning. Having most of the wedding party onsite was wonderful. No other venue in this area could have provided these amenities. My husband and I highly recommend PWH for your wedding or special event. Give Joel, Stephanie, and Chef Brian a chance to make your day worry-free!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Stephanie B

Thank you so much to the Preston Woodall House for making our fairy tale come to life! My husband Roger and I were married on 11/28/15 and experienced the most amazing and memorable wedding weekend of our lives! Joel, Stephanie, Brian and the entire staff were so gracious, and... Read More attentive to us and our families that they felt more like extended family, rather than staff! Between the antique charm of the Preston Woodall House, and the holiday decor, our winter wedding dream came to life. Brian is an absolute culinary genius and over a week later, our guests cannot stop gushing about the food! My husband is in the military and none of our family live locally and this magical venue brought guests from all over the country and allowed us to enjoy a stress free weekend spent with a lot of laughs and memories shared between family and friends. We truly couldn't have envisioned a more perfect weekend! From the bottom of hearts, we love and thank everyone at the Preston Woodall House for working with us in the months leading up to the wedding and executing our wedding day flawlessly. <3 Stephanie and Roger

Reviewed on 11/28/2015

My sister got married at the PWH on 11/21/2015 and had her reception in the ballroom and all that we have to say about the PWH is "wow". They absolutely exceeded all of our expectations from the price, to the housing arrangements, to their staff. Everything was absolutely... Read More perfect and the staff was phenomenal- I cannot say that enough. They were pleasant and polite; they went above and beyond for anything that we could've possibly needed for their Big Day. It makes sense why they have so many accolades- this venue is FANTASTIC. The food is also phenomenal, and I'm a picky eater so that says something. They handled every detail of their day to the highest standard of care. My only "complaint" is that I can't get married there, since my sister got married there first, and she wouldn't be too thrilled about me "stealing" her wedding venue ;) Hands down the best wedding venue in NC, I guarantee it.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

I only wish I could give more stars! The owners and staff of the Preston Woodall House are the definition of wedding professionals. My husband and I just got married this past weekend, and we couldn't wait to review the venue! The staff is super friendly and helpful, Stephanie... Read More was an absolute rock star helping our coordinator, and the food was to die for! The house is absolutely gorgeous and everyone was flexible and really worked with my husband and I. The staff really made us feel like family during our stay. They genuinely want you to enjoy your big day here. We felt taken care of from the moment we signed our contract until the moment we drove home the day after the wedding. If you want a beautiful wedding with no worries at all, do yourself a favor and call Joel Hurley to book your wedding! Thank you so much Preston Woodall staff!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015

The Preston Woodall house was the first venue that me and my now wife visited and we immediately stopped all of our searching as this place is THE best. We met with Joel Hurley, the owner, who is amazing. We purchased a package that included catering and all of the rooms in... Read More the house for a few nights and the ballroom. All of our guests had nothing but good things to say about the accommodations and the wait staff. My wife and I really enjoyed the wait staff and how courteous they were. They made sure we had everything that we needed or wanted during the event. For example- We had bacon wrapped shrimp as our hors d'oeuvres. Guests complimented them greatly, but I did not get to have one. During dinner, I asked one of the wait staff if there were any left. She disappeared for about five minutes and came back with a WHOLE PLATE of them just for me and the bride. How cool is that? Our wedding was amazing and I truly do not feel it would have been as great if we had not chosen the Preston Woodall House. If you're planning your own wedding, you should visit this venue and meet the staff (Stephanie, Brian, Joel, Amy, Kim and Dustin are amazing!)

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Danielle C

We were married and had our reception at the Preston Woodall House on August 1, 2015. I couldn't have imagined a better place to get married. We also had our rehearsal and dinner at PWH. The food was outrageously good and everyone agreed. We were picky and had some food... Read More allergies to deal with and it was handled with style, grace and some seriously delicious meals - thank you so much Brian! Everyone was very impressed. Stephanie did an excellent job with coordinating. Every question we asked, she answered calmly and directly. Joel handled all of our meetings and addressed questions and coordinated the rehearsal and wedding. We've been to and in other weddings and ours was by far the most organized! I couldn't have imagined a more organized staff and weekend. The staff at the PWH can't be beat, period! We had compliment after compliment of the staff, food, and gorgeous location of the PWH. We loved having the housing as well so that our families could spend the weekend on the premises with us! I couldn't imagine spending our big day (and honestly the whole weekend) anywhere else. Thank you all for making our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be!

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 Cindi B

If you are searching for the PERFECT spot for your wedding, this is IT!! We were married 2/21/15 at The Preston Woodall House and it was breath taking. The staff were all so wonderful, I left feeling like they were a part of my family. They took care of every single little... Read More detail, more than I could have ever imagined! Joel Hurley is an exceptional man and assisted with our planning every step of the way. Brian, our fantastic chef, made a meal that our guests could NOT stop raving about all night. If you are looking for classic and beautiful, The Preston Woodall House will give you that and more!

A+ and then some

Reviewed on 2/06/2015 Steph K

Where do I even start! Our wedding weekend was absolutely spectacular because of the Preston Woodall House. We knew we found our venue at our initial tour. The grounds and house are the perfect set-up. Everything can happen all in 1 place. Close family and friends can spend this... Read More memorable time together. Then there is the owner, Joel. Joel and his staff cover every single detail so you have nothing to worry about on the day of your wedding. Everything went so smooth, I was able to spend every minute with my friends and family. The chef, Brian, is fantastic. Our rehearsal dinner had all of our guests talking because the food was amazing. Brian even comes out and interacts with guests to ensure everything tasted as it should. The Preston Woodall House staff is like a family and during the wedding planning process you become part of that family. I really cannot praise them enough. I would highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed and are getting way more service than you pay for. When you are in Joel's hands, you will have nothing to worry about!

Excellent and Personal!

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Joanna B

The Preston Woodall House made all of our dreams come true! They were great to work with, helped with anything we needed, and made sure we were taken care of! We used Joel as our Wedding planner and coordinator and could not have asked for a better person! We fell in love with... Read More him and his staff! They helped us every step of the way, from the moment we started planning until we left! They were incredible, the venue was gorgeous, and all of my guests have said nothing but great things!

Perfect Venue for Your Perfect Day

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Ginger

I do not think that I have enough words to describe just how wonderful The Preston Woodall House is. I could not have envisioned a more perfect day to marry my best friend. To begin, Joel, the owner, is the main reason my husband and I selected this venue. He has such a... Read More passion for his couples and does everything in his power to make sure that you have the most wonderful experience. He would constantly check in with us to make sure that everything was going according to plan. He is a kind hearted, genuine man who wants nothing but the best for anyone who has an event as his venue. Second, Brian the chef is OUTSTANDING! The food was absolutely delicious and carefully planned and prepared. My friends and family continue to comment about the delicious meal and cocktail hour they had at our wedding. Third, the venue itself is breathtaking. The Preston Woodall House is perfect for any type of wedding you are envisioning. The best part was that my family and bridal party were able to stay with me in the house and cottages near by for the weekend. It made the event that much more intimate and enjoyable. The outside garden is perfect for a ceremony and you and your guests will be taken care of throughout your entire wedding/event. Stephanie ran the event on our wedding day impeccably! Last, but not least, if you are looking for a venue that can provide you with almost everything you need to have a perfect wedding day, look no further! I highly encourage thinking about this venue to take a meeting with Joel. I am almost 100% sure you will book the venue before you leave! Thank you to Joel, Brian, and the entire Preston Woodall House staff for the perfect day! -Ginger-

The perfect experience!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014

My wedding could not have been any more perfect. They paid attention to every single detail. The food was incredible. The staff catered to needs I didn't even know we had. I will remember this day as one of my best, and most of that credit goes to Preston Woodall House. They... Read More were also the most beautiful and affordable venue within 50 miles!

A Perfect Weekend

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Emily L

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the PWH on 10/4/14. I first heard about them at a bridal show and went to tour the house a few weeks later. As soon as I met Joel and toured the house, I was sold! I wanted an outdoor wedding, and the house, gardens, and... Read More property were so beautiful and unique that I literally jumped up and down when I booked our wedding date. The planning process with the PWH was so easy. Joel (who also serves as a wedding director) gave me homework that let me know exactly what I needed to do, and he helped keep me on track. He was comforting and easygoing when I realized how much there is to do or when I couldn't make a decision, and he went above and beyond to look into options for the reception and to suggest vendors when I was having tough time finding a hairstylist. The entire staff was helpful, especially Chef Brian. When we showed up to our testing session and I had forgotten to mention that I was a vegetarian, he brushed it off and quickly whipped me up a vegetarian meal with no complaints. We paid for the ultimate destination package, which includes an entire weekend (Friday through Sunday) of wedding festivities. From our arrival to our departure, the weekend was perfect. The rehearsal went smoothly, and even though Joel had the flu he managed to pull himself together to make sure that the rehearsal and ceremony staging went smoothly and was perfectly timed. We planned our rehearsal dinner at the last minute, and the meal was phenomenal, and Chef Brian even made a vegetarian option for me even though I wasn't expecting anything special. And, our wedding day Saturday was perfect. So, so perfect. I came down for 30 minutes on Saturday to explain what decorations went where and who should be seated where, etc., and the staff took care of the rest. Stephanie (who is another phenomenal member of the PWH team) took care of everything and made sure that the reception was set up correctly. The PWH staff was great at setting up the staff and keeping us on schedule. Right before the ceremony, as I was waiting in the hall for my parents and as the bridal party was preparing to walk in, I was incredibly nervous. Stephanie was there to keep an eye on me and to reassure me, she made sure the bridal party knew what to do, and she fluffed my dress before I walked down the aisle. It is those little details that make the PWH a fantastic wedding venue. The staff made the transition between the ceremony and reception very quickly, and other than leaving flowers outside that were intended for the inside tables, our reception was perfect, and when we made our entrance I could see that it was decorated beautifully. We had a seated/plated dinner and the staff was very attentive: drinks were filled, plates were brought out quickly, and the service was top-notch. And again, the food was amazing. When the evening was over and our guests were gone, we had the house (mostly) to ourselves, so our closest friends were able to stay late into the night with us before eventually going home. The staff even had a turn-down service in the bridal suite, with candles, flowers and extra plates of food/cake in case we hadn't had the chance to eat. Again, wonderful details. It was a perfect, perfect weekend and I don't regret a thing. Our guests kept commenting how beautiful it was. A summary: amazing venue, delicious food, fantastic staff, wonderful weekend, a perfect wedding. Thanks for everything!

Joel S. Hurley

Joel Hurley, Owner and General Manager of Preston Woodall House, is a seasoned veteran in hospitality, weddings and event services. Opening the Preston Woodall House in 2000, Joel leads the team at Preston Woodall, including overseeing the day-to-day management and operations of the bed &amp; breakfast. He has played an instrumental role in the venue earning prestigious accolades, such as inclusion in the Best of Weddings – TheKnot, as well as;s Brides Choice Award. He has designed, directed and helped plan hundreds of events at Preston Woodall, as well as across North Carolina, an