Fun. Fabulous. Fresh.

Pretty Occasions is a full-service wedding and event management and production company based in San Francisco. The Pretty Occasion team is known for our creative approach to design and comprehensive planning services. It would be an honour to meet with you to discuss your event concept and how we may work together to create both a well-planned and beautifully styled event.

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Planning

San Francisco | Napa/Sonoma | Beyond (415) 518-1400
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Seina O

Pretty Occasions is definitely the way to go! Solmaz was an absolute gem to work with. She has an easy disposition and confidence about her that makes you feel completely at ease knowing that your wedding is in good hands. She is very detail oriented and will help keep you on... Read More track with all your vendors and such. I always felt like she understood my vision for my wedding (this changed quite a bit with my fantastical ideas and my fiancé reigning me in) and did her best to try and help me find what I wanted from recommendations for Gold Candelabras, to Circus Performers to Gold Cake Boards, she was on top of it. I truly enjoyed working with her and I'm grateful that she was able to pull it all together so marvelously with all my tardiness and delayed responses to the timeline she has put in place :p She was always easy to get a hold of and responded quickly to requests, questions, and such. I'd love to use her services again for another event (perhaps my future child's one year old birthday party? :p) Thank you for everything, Solmaz!

2016-05-17T10:09:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you. Your wedding had so many fun and creative elements. It was a magical night. I can't wait for the day you would call me to plan your child's birthday party. Cheers!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Jasmin J

Our Sonoma, CA destination wedding day was absolutely perfect and went off without a hitch thanks to Solmaz! She has an incredible eye for details, design and aesthetic and was there every step of the way for our wedding planning process. She was extremely responsive to any... Read More questions we had during the process which was a huge help to us as a busy bride and groom. She also acted as our adviser throughout our interactions with vendors, helping us understand what was realistic when it came to budget and contracts. Most of all, she went above and beyond the week of our wedding, making sure everything went according to plan with coordination of the vendors, design of our venue details and timeline the day of. She managed everything seamlessly, allowing for us to enjoy our wedding day without thinking about the logistics. Solmaz also had a very caring and warm disposition throughout our wedding planning journey, not only with us but with our other vendors we were working with, and our families and friends the day of the wedding as well. Thanks Solmaz for making our special day unforgettable!

Pretty Occasions

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Alaleh M

Solmaz and pretty occasions was our month of and day of coordinator for our wedding last August. Solmaz was very caring, responsive and attentive in both the early planning and implementation the day of the wedding. She helped us create a timeline that was very detailed and took... Read More a lot of stress off our shoulders. she also helped introduce us to vendors and coordination/negotiation with our wedding venue. Issues inevitably come up the wedding day and Solmaz masterfully handled them all gracefully and kept the wedding flowing beautifully. We would highly recommend her to all our friends and family.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

Pretty Occasions was our MVV - Most Valuable Vendor! Solmaz was incredible and trusted adviser made sure our day went off smoothly. She prepped us for not only the day of, but counseled us for nearly a year along the way and were available to us throughout the wedding planning... Read More process, often checking in proactively and also responding to our notes about vendors, timelines and anything else with calm, sage advice. When we arrived at the venue on the day of the wedding after spending several hours with our families and bridal parties, it was SUCH a welcome sigh of relief to see Solmaz - calm, cool and collected - and know that everything would be taken care of. When we walked into the venue, everything was exactly how we'd imagined it. Solmaz was attentive all night, making sure we had drinks, food, cake, etc. and she gave us cues when we needed to do cake cutting, last song, etc. She was such a calming and level-headed presence throughout the wedding planning process and we appreciate her guidance and counsel so much! Seriously, the best money we spent throughout the whole wedding process was on Pretty Occasions! Would highly recommend to any and every bride/groom or anyone planning an event!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Emily C

WOW!!! is all I can say about the amazing experience that I had with Pretty Occasions. Solmaz is a brilliant wedding planner and truly helped me complete the image that I had for my wedding. She refers fantastic vendors, is very responsive, and has a true passion for the work... Read More that she is doing. Solmaz had managed to make my special day her number one priority and be completely calm and perfect. She is that good I would recommend her services to anyone looking to have a beautiful wedding that they want to remember for the rest of their life! She treats you like you are her only client and sincerely knows how to put on an incredible event! Thank you Solmaz!!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Tracey L

Hiring Pretty Occasions was by far the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. At our first meeting Solmaz promised us a fun, stress-free journey, and that is exactly what we got. She had everything we could have wanted in a planner, creativity, insight, super... Read More organization skills, and of course, patience! It felt like your good friend, who just happens to be extremely talented and resourceful, was going to take care of everything, so what could there be to worry about? We truly felt her passion for creating the perfect day for us, even when we didn't know what that looked like yet. On the big day, Solmaz and her team were everywhere at once, making sure we never had to "play host." It was so amazing to actually be able to enjoy this beautiful day that we had been anticipating for so long. If you thought you wouldn't have time eat at your wedding, think again! Solmaz made sure I ate a lot :). I can't imagine, nor would I want to, what our wedding day would have looked like without the lovely ladies at Pretty Occasions.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Lara M

We have the Pretty Occasions ladies to thank for the most beautiful, seamless and perfect day in our lives! From the moment we hired them, we felt not one ounce of stress or worry for our wedding day. Who knew wedding planning could be so fun? Solmaz is the sweetest, most... Read More creative, talented and organized person and it genuinely shows through her amazing events. She was there every single step of the way from the concept and design of the wedding, helping us find amazing vendors, organizing and facilitating all vendor meetings, and providing us with professional guidance in a non-obtrusive and tasteful way. With my husband and I both working full time jobs with a full travel schedule, she made planning so easy and stress free. Our wedding was absolutely stunning and flawlessly executed and we owe it all to Solmaz's dedication to ensure that we had and ENJOYED the wedding of our dreams. We received overwhelming compliments on not only the design details, but how smooth, elegant and effortless the wedding day was. It was the best decision we could have ever made to hire Pretty Occasions to plan our wedding and feel so lucky to have worked with them.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Ashley C

I am so thankful I found Solmaz during my wedding planning journey. My husband Sean and I hired Solmaz as our month of coordinator, and it was the best investment we could have made! The month before a wedding can be a very stressful time, but thanks to Solmaz, she stepped in... Read More the month before our wedding and all my worries and stress went away. She went above and beyond and handled every little detail perfectly. Once the week of the wedding came, I was able to enjoy time with my family and friends knowing that she was taking care of everything behind the scenes. The day of the wedding went off flawlessly thanks to Solmaz and her team. If you are debating whether or not to hire a coordinator, do yourself a favor and trust that it is a well spent investment! We are so happy we did! Thank you Solmaz for bringing all my visions to life and making our wedding so perfect!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Jessica B

Of all the decisions my husband and I made in planning our wedding, hiring Pretty Occasions Team was by far the best one. Solmaz worked tirelessly to execute an absolutely breathtaking event for us and was an extraordinary asset throughout the planning process. Although we had... Read More a relatively small wedding (65 guests), there were a huge number of details to sort out, and we could not have done it without Solmaz's expertise and professionalism. Solmaz was there each step of the way ironing out details to make sure that the day went smoothly--and did it ever! At the end of the night, our guests told us that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to, and I give Pretty Occasions Team full credit for that.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Babe L

I was planning my wedding with my mom and we needed A LOT of handholding, advice, and reassurance along the way - good thing we decided to work with Solmaz! She was knowledgable and sweet, offering support and expert advice on everything from our day of timeline to our place... Read More settings. During our wedding day I felt zero stress because I knew that Solmaz was coordinating with our vendors and had everything covered so that my family and I could enjoy our special day. Thanks Pretty Occasions!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Angelica E

I don't think I've ever worked with someone as professional and passionate as Solmaz. I hired her to help my husband and I get every detail together for our big day. At first we thought we had it pretty much all figured out by ourselves but we quickly realized how stressful it... Read More was trying to budget and plan out a wedding. She was the perfect candidate for us! Not only did she connect us with our amazing vendors, but also had awesome suggestions and ideas on how to bring our visions and styles together to create a beautiful wedding that we enjoyed like you have no idea! We will forever be so thankful to her and her team for being so attentive and awesome on our wedding day. Thank you Pretty Occasions Team!!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Kate R

If I could give Pretty Occasions Team more stars I would!!! They made our whimsical romantic Napa wedding day vision in my head a real day!!! It was gorgeous and everything I could ever have wanted. We live in Texas and Solmaz was so helpful finding everything for us. I loved... Read More all the vendors she helped us narrow down and kept us on track with everything. We had many Google hangout meetings :) and she came to all of our meet ups with vendors as well. We could definitely rely on her for anything which is huge when planning your special day!!! She's super fun and really easy to talk to about anything whether serious or not. We loved her vibe!! They are definitely worth the money to make your special day not stressful. I didn't have any freak outs or stressful days having the Pretty Occasions' Team along side us. Thank you to Solmaz and the rest of your girls!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Mary H

We debated if we wanted a planner or not, but hiring Pretty Occasions Team was seriously the best decision we made through the entire process. I don't know what we would have done without her. As a designer I had planned on being somewhat involved in the design process, but... Read More wanted someone to help with the logistics. Solmaz covered that and more. She has a million contacts throughout Bay Area and finds the best vendors to work with. She handles all the headaches in a calm, organized, strategic way. She focused on what we wanted and helped us keep budget in mind. And on the day of, man she made our wedding way more beautiful than I could ever have done on my own. Don't overthink it, just hire Pretty Occasions and know that you will get to have more time enjoying your engagement/wedding than stressing about planning.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Sam N

Pretty Occasions Team is absolutely amazing! They didn’t just give us the wedding of our dreams, they gave us a wedding that far exceeded any expectations or dreams we ever had. Like many brides, when I started the wedding planning process, I was completely overwhelmed and... Read More stressed. While I had dreamed of my perfect wedding, I had never really thought about everything that goes into planning a wedding. Luckily, we first met with Solmaz early in the planning process and from there, she made sure my experience was nothing but enjoyable and stress free. I couldn’t have done it without him! From our very first meeting, Solmaz carefully listened to our ideas and visions and provided suggestions to help us create our perfect wedding. Going into some of our meetings, I felt that my ideas were things that could not be accomplished, but Solmaz always found a way! She gave me a level of attention that made me feel as though I was her only client! She used his invaluable knowledge and experience to find vendors who could give us exactly what we wanted and she worked with them throughout the planning process to make sure every last detail was perfect. She also used her creativity to add one-of-a-kind details that made our wedding unique to us and memorable for our guests. Thanks to Pretty Occasions Team, our wedding was everything we could’ve asked for and more! Solmaz's passion for her work is obvious from the moment you meet her. She creativity and extreme attention to detail allow her to take a vision and turn it into a magical reality. I cannot say enough good things about Solmaz and would urge every bride to hire her so that she can have the perfect wedding every girl dreams of and deserves.--

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Tara

We absolutely LOVED working with Solmaz and the Pretty Occasions Team!!!! We have Solmaz at Pretty Occasions to thank for the most beautiful, seamless and perfect day in our lives! From the moment we hired Solmaz, we felt not one ounce of stress or worry for our wedding day.... Read More Who knew wedding planning could be so fun? Solmaz is the sweetest, most creative, talented and organized person and it genuinely shows through her amazing events. She was there every single step of the way from the concept and design of the wedding, helping us find amazing vendors, organizing and facilitating all vendor meetings, and providing us with professional guidance in a non-obtrusive and tasteful way. With my husband and I both working full-time jobs with a full travel schedule, she made planning so easy and stress-free. Our wedding was absolutely stunning and flawlessly executed and it we owe it all to Solmaz's dedication to ensure that we had and ENJOYED the wedding of our dreams. We received overwhelming compliments on not only the design details, but how smooth, elegant and effortless the wedding day was. It was the best decision we could have ever made to hire Solmaz at Pretty Occasions to plan our wedding and feel so lucky to have worked with her and her team. Solmaz we love you! - Tara & Eric

Reviewed on 11/26/2015

Solmaz is so talented, creative, organized, and such a pleasure to work with! We couldn't have done it without her! We enjoyed working with her every step the way and it was worth every penny!! Hope our other daughter gets married soon so we can plan another wedding with... Read More Pretty Occasions! We will miss her until then!! Thanks Solmaz for making our daughter's wedding vision a reality!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Mahro T

I am so thankful for Solmaz and her team - they helped us have an amazing and flawless wedding day. The outcome was more than we could've hoped for! From beginning to end, they were very professional and responsive to all of our questions and concerns and helped us figure out... Read More what would work best for our needs and wedding day vision. The value Pretty Occasions provides is truly worth it. The only qualm I have (if that's even what I could call it) is that I wish I could've experienced a closer working relationship with the team, which was a bit difficult to do while I lived in another state and traveled very often for my work. Nonetheless it did not take away from how beautiful our wedding turned out and I truly thank them for everything they invested into making our day special. I would highly recommend Solmaz to plan your wedding day!

Solmaz Burke

I enjoy creating events where your guests feel like they’ve been part of an experience they’ll remember for a long time. And I believe creating such an experience, comes from the energy and love put into the planning. I feel that craft, design and strategy are all cohesive elements to produce a successful event. I also find planning & designing a wedding is a partnership. Together, we collaborate on your event. Utilizing my professional expertise, creative inspiration and project management skills, the end result is both a beautifully designed event, and one that is executed seamlessly.