Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Serving Sets, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

7105 Reynolds Street, Pittsburgh, PA (412) 886-4533

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Kara T

e met with Eliza to taste both cakes and pies. My (then) fiance and I decided to go the pie route and set up an order of many pies for our wedding guests. The pies are truly delicious. The issue with this vendor is communication. She never even got us a legitimate copy of our... Read More contract, just took a picture of it and emailed it to us. The first time she sent it we couldn't even read what she had written-then it took several weeks for her to resend so we could read it. I emailed her a couple times throughout the process with questions and it always took WEEKS to receive any type of response, often requiring me to email again after two-three weeks. It was frustrating and added stress to the planning process to say the least. However, the pies were delivered the day of and they were delicious. We received many rave reviews regarding our dessert selection. Eliza did an amazing job making our "cutting" pie beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Kayci L

I really wanted a unique cake for our wedding, so when I stumbled upon Prohibition Pastries and her boozy cakes - I knew I had found it! My husband and I met with Eliza for our tasting when she was still at the Pittsburgh Market in the Strip District. The only mistake we made... Read More was having a few beers before - because she doesnt skimp on the tasting menu! (Seriously. Split them into quarters instead of halves and take the rest home. You'll thank me later ha) We were stuffed halfway through but found our perfect fall flavor - Rumpkin. I couldn't stop telling people about it and everyone was so excited to try it. Eliza was easy to work with and our cake came out exactly how I envisioned. It also tasted absolutely incredible. My husband said he ate 5 pieces the night of our wedding. I can't wait for our one year anniversary to get our fresh anniversary cake! Thanks so much Eliza!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Jenn L

The cake was amazing! The flavors are unique and we got tons of compliments!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Robyn P

I could not have hoped for a better experience or result in selecting and enjoying our wedding cake. In the two meetings before the wedding, Eliza was friendly, helpful, professional, and relaxed. She listened to all of my requests from the intensity of the flavor to the dairy... Read More free ingredients to the texture of the frosting. Eliza made the entire process fun; it was a nice break from other stressful wedding-planning tasks. So the cake itself... was far more amazing than I could have hoped after researching nine other bakery options in the Pittsburgh area. If you like a light, fluffy, tasteless, forgettable wedding cake, then this bakery is not for you. You can tell in the first bite that this is a REAL cake. It's a little denser than your average bakery cake, and you can taste the butter and sugar in the rich buttercream frosting. All of the filling options were delicious, but we went with raspberry to go with the almond cake. The fillings are made with real fruit, and at least one was local (from Grove City). The cake had just the right rustic textured look that I was looking for, and it looks gorgeous in our photos. We are definitely going back for our first anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Andrea H

Eliza made the cupcakes for our wedding and they were amazing! We had a mixture of flavors and our guests couldn't stop talking about the unique flavor idea! We would definitely recommend to anyone and will continue to visit for a cupcake treat when we can!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Alyssa

Eliza's Oven made the favors for my wedding, as well as cookies for my cookie table and they were a HUGE hit. The favors were the whiskey kisses, and she even made customized labels with our initials on them. People talked about them all night, I wish we would have had her make... Read More our cake as well! Her desserts blew everything else away.