Prospect Bay Country Club

Grasonville, MD

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Prospect Bay Country Club, established in 1978, is located in Grasonville on Maryland's eastern shore, 10 miles east of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The 210-acre country club, part of a golf club community of upscale homes, includes a lighthouse, ponds with tiered fountains and a long wooden foot bridge that crosses over from the 18th green to the clubhouse.

The club hosts wedding receptions in the clubhouse and couples are welcome to use the picturesque club grounds for their ceremony. The club also hosts bridal showers, rehearsal dinners and engagement parties.

Grand Ballroom. The Ballroom is 80 percent glass. The large space offers flexible room arrangement and has a large wooden dance floor, dome lights, greenery and a color palette that blends with the outdoors. Guests can mingle and socialize on the outdoor patio that adjoins the ballroom. The room accommodates up to 250 guests.

Outdoor Ceremony. A waterfront ceremony site overlooks Prospect Bay and the marina and a pondside ceremony site on the lawn overlooks the 18th hole on the golf course, the pond and the bridge.

A wedding coordinator works with couples throughout the entire wedding planning process and assists with everything from the initial planning to the final toast. Couples also work with the culinary team to create a customized menu that can be plated, served buffet-style or presented in food stations. Couples can also opt for a cocktail reception with a choice of hors d'eouvres. The wedding packages include a personalized cake that is cut and served to guests. A full bar is available, including house beer and wine.

Outdoor wedding ceremonies include a complimentary white arbor and two pillars. Ceremony chair rental is not included in the venue rental fee. Wedding packages also include a tasting, bridal suite and groom suite, exclusive use of the ballroom beginning at 10 a.m., full table settings with linens and set up and clean up. Couples can have private use of the entire clubhouse for their reception by adding the Grille Room, an informal dining space, to their wedding package. Venue rental is for a five-hour period. A discount rate is given for Friday and Sunday weddings.

Prospect Bay Country Club might be the ideal locale for golf lovers, in particular. The club has a championship 18-hole course that includes eight holes with water views. A state-of-the-art golf practice facility includes a short game area with Bermuda turf, two putting greens and a range with a variety of targeted greens and multiple tee surfaces. In addition, the club has a swimming pool that can be configured with four racing lanes, four Deco Turf tennis courts and a 41-slip marina, which includes fishing piers and an area with picnic tables.

Eastern Shore Wedding Venue

Prospect Bay is a hidden gem on the Eastern Shore, just minutes from the Bay Bridge, offering seating for up to 250 people. Our experienced, friendly staff will guide and assist you from the initial planning to the final toast. Please call to schedule a private tour or for more information.

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

311A Prospect Bay Drive W, Grasonville, MD (410) 827-6950

An Absolutely Perfect Evening Provided by Prospect Bay & Brittanie!

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Laura P

My daughter's wedding reception was this past Saturday at Prospect Bay and everyone who attended was raving about the venue, the food, the service and overall atmosphere. Our family was rating Prospect Bay as a "10" according to all "Four Weddings" tv show criteria. Because my... Read More daughter was living in Texas the months leading up to the wedding, I was the one who primarily worked with Brittanie Davidson, the event coordinator. She responded within hours to all emails I placed and did all she could to make every one of my daughter and now husband's desires come true for an absolutely perfect evening. The event flowed perfectly. I would not have changed a thing and would recommend Prospect Bay and Brittanie for your event.

October wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Natalie k

We got married here in October and it was wonderful. Brittanie was great during the whole planning process, she answered emails almost immediately. Our guests raved about the food and how pretty the venue. Everything was exactly how I envisioned. I definitely would recommend... Read More this to venue to anyone!!

June 15, 2013

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 stephanie W

We had a great experience at Prospect Bay. It was a great value and Brittanie was amazing to work with. If we got to do it all over again, we would have our reception there again.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kelly B

My wife and I were married at PBCC in July 2016. Our first impression when we arrived at Prospect Bay was “this is a dream come true.” Sadly, that was NOT the case. We booked Prospect Bay for our wedding in the fall of 2015 and had no problems until the week of our wedding. 3... Read More days before our wedding we were contacted by Prospect Bay to alert us to the fact that the limo they had booked for us, months in advance was broken down and no longer available for our wedding weekend. This limo, I want to add, was part of the signed contract – meaning Prospect Bay booked them and we paid for their services. We were informed by the limo company that they had notified Prospect Bay weeks earlier to let them know that the limo may not be repaired in time for our wedding. Prospect Bay failed to pass this on to us until the week of our wedding. Not only did they fail to let us know about this – they also failed to provide adequate assistance with resolving the problem. On the day of our wedding things continued to decline. I want to point out that our wedding was one of the hottest days of 2016, so the heat factor certainly played a role in the outcome of the day. However I do not believe this was an excuse for the level of service we received on what should have been the happiest day of our lives. When I arrived in the groom’s suite I was overwhelmed by the fact that every door was open (the heat index was over 107 that day). Doors were left open because workers were deep frying food near the room which caused a horrible smoke smell and haze to spread through the entire area; club members were walking in and out of the room while we were getting ready (no respect for our group’s privacy); flies were everywhere! The next round of bad news came when we were notified that the limos were late and we had to push back the start of our wedding ceremony. My wife and I had just spoken with the limo drivers and told them where they needed to be and at what time. However, after our conversation the drivers were misinformed by Prospect Bay as to where they needed to be. The real issue was not just that the limos and Prospect Bay had inconvenienced us – it was that we were losing valuable time and had to start our ceremony late. Problems continued, before the night was over members of Prospect Bay were removing the flowers on the tables; the wedding coordinator left before the sparkler exit was finished; guests were left in the dark after being served alcohol all day; family stayed to pick up sparklers in the dark and wait to make sure everyone made it back safely. Understandably discouraged after such a let down on our wedding day we reached out to Prospect Bay to discuss our concerns.. My wife and I were so let down and disappointed. The responses we received were excuses; short, generic and thoughtless – with no real sympathy for how bad of a service they had provided us on our wedding day. A member of Prospect Bay even told a family member that if we wanted a perfect wedding we should have booked our wedding at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. If you are considering choosing Prospect Bay for your wedding venue. Not only will it NOT be perfect, but except to be heartbroken and disgusted when you look back on your wedding day. From the week of our wedding until the end of our reception Prospect Bay failed us – please don’t allow yourself to be let down during such an important event of your life. Take it from me, you will be disappointed.

Wonderful Staff and Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Jen C

Prospect Bay Country Club is a beautiful location for any wedding and the staff is awesome. The price is very reasonable as well and we must have looked at 15 different venues and we received more bang for our buck at Prospect Bay. Our first event coordinator that we worked with... Read More was great and we were very worried when we received an email stating that she was leaving because she was partly the reason we decided to hold our wedding at Prospect Bay. However, we were presently surprised when we met Monica who was even more friendly and accommodating than the previous event coordinator. Monica did a great job with giving us everything we wanted and was very flexible with last minute changes. On the day of there were a couple of hiccups but Monica handled them perfectly and helped make the day special. We simply brought everything that we wanted set up to Prospect Bay the week before and when we arrived Monica and the staff had everything ready to go. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and would definitely recommend Prospect Bay to any and every bride.

Prospect Bay Country Club Wedding

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Brittany S

Prospect Bay Country Club was absolutely wonderful throughout the whole process of wedding planning. They were fast to respond back to any of my questions. They were willing to come up with a solution to any of my problems. To top it all off, they made everything run smoothly on... Read More the day of the wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding.

Prospect Bay Country Club

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 paula s

Brittanie is awesome. My daughter's wedding was so fun and relaxing. The wedding was absolutely perfect. I was able to take the flowers, centerpieces, etc and show Brittanie one time how I we wanted things. Everything was set up exactly the way we wanted it. The food was great,... Read More the serves were great, EVERYTHING was great. I have had sooo many compliments of how this was one of the best weddings people have ever been too. The cost is more than reasonable for what you get. We spent around $14,000 for the venue for approx 150 people. This was for the ceremony, the venue, a sit down dinner, appetizers, etc. HIGHLY recommend Brittanie at Prospect Bay to do your wedding.

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Patricia L

Brittanie, the cordinator at Prospect Bay Country Club was a pleasure to work with. She responded within a couple of hours to every email I sent her (and there were many for 9 months). The venue is spacious and the grounds are very well taken care of. We received many... Read More compliments on the food, including from our vendors who have attended many weddings. Choosing Prospect Bay was the best decision we made for our wedding.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/21/2012 Heather C

Prospect Bay is a beautiful place to get married at. Brittanie was awesome and answered any of my emails quickly. The staff was great. The food was awesome. My guests were surprised by the food on how good it was.

September Wedding at PBCC

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Tamara M

I could not have asked for anything more from this venue. Prospect Bay Country Club exceed my expectations in every aspect of the event. The onsite coordinator, Brittanie, is absolutely fabulous! She definitely made the wedding day as smooth as possible. We dropped off all... Read More of the decorations and supplies and she set up the room exactly as we had asked. She even made a few additions to make the ceremony and reception site beautiful! Our guests had an incredible time, the food was great, and the staff was excellent. I would 100% recommend this site to someone else who is planning an event or wedding.

Brittanie made our day perfect!

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 kristyn e

We just had our wedding at Prospect Bay Country Club on July 28, 2012. Brittanie is a wonderful person to work with. She always was on top of everything and even emailed me while she was on vacation. This woman is truly dedicated to her job and I would never consider another... Read More venue after looking here. This is not only a beautiful space but also very accommidating. Brittanie and her staff did everything to make our day perfect! The staff is very pleasant and helpful and the food is amazing! I would recommend this venue for any type of occassion!

Winter wedding

Reviewed on 2/02/2012 Shannon M

We held my daughter's wedding reception at Prospect Bay and in January and were extremely pleased. The building is very pretty, comfortable, and well maintained. There was a fireplace outside which a lot of guests enjoyed. The meals were a good size, the food was very good,... Read More and everyone was served promptly. The cost was considerably less than places we had looked at in the Easton area. All of the people we worked with were helpful, organized, and polite. Great choice!

great time at Prospect Bay!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2011 Julianne G

I really loved having my wedding at prospect bay. Everything was perfect!!!! The place is amezing!! I had a dreamy outdoor ceremony on a perfect fall day!! It was incredible pretty!! The food was also great and all the staff was very helpful, specially the event planner. Much... Read More cheaper and at the same time better than so many other venue I visited!!! Totally worth!! Great venue!!

Country Club

Reviewed on 11/18/2011 Marni S

For the most part, our experience here was outstanding. During the planning period they switched event planners, which did cause some minor issues. Many things the first planner told us, the second didn't want to uphold. Ultimately they worked with us to get the reception we... Read More wanted. It was a beautiful local, perfect for pictures.

Great food and beverage

Reviewed on 8/11/2010 Jennifer A

Stunning views from the ballroom

Review for Prospect Bay Country Club

Reviewed on 10/01/2007 Jess C

It was so beautiful. Being on a golf course, even in late October it was beautiful, lush and green. the leaves were just starting to turn. There is a bridge over water that made for great pictures!