Providence Marriott Downtown

Providence, RI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Providence Marriott Downtown

Located in the heart of Providence, Rhode Island, the Providence Marriott Downtown is ready to meet your ceremony and reception needs. Exceptional service is what the hotel is known for and couples discover both indoor and outdoor spaces when they sign up for a tour. An experienced wedding consultant is on hand to answer any questions and then to assist in making arrangements once the facility has been booked. This includes everything from securing the services of a photographer to making sure party favors are distributed to the guests.

The Grand Ballroom. The largest space in the hotel for receptions is the Grand Ballroom, which measures 4,480 square feet and welcomes as many as 450 of your closest friends and family members for a sit-down dinner and up to 700 for a cocktail party. It is possible to divide the room up into five smaller spaces that host 80 people each or to use a combination of the rooms. The room has a stage for entertainers and a dance floor for moving with the music.

Ocean State Ballroom. A second reception space is the Ocean State Ballroom. This room is 1,728 square feet and able to host 280 guests for a dinner and 160 for a cocktail party. For more intimate and smaller ceremonies and receptions, the space can be divided up into four rooms that welcome 40 guests each.

Aqua Lounge. The only outside space at the Providence Marriott Downtown is the Aqua Lounge. This poolside venue is an excellent option for hosting a cocktail hour in between a ceremony and a reception. There are four romantic fire pits and a private bar for keeping the drinks flowing to your guests.

In addition to a consultant, the bride and groom are provided the services of a maître d'. Then there are several wedding packages to choose from that include everything from custom designed wedding cakes to welcome baskets to ordering invitations. The staff is more than happy to set up the tables, Chiavari chairs in the color of your choice and floor-length table linens. There are two types of centerpieces that couples can select from, unless they'd like to obtain their own. A few more services at this location include a champagne or wine toast, an amenity basket and restroom attendant and the distribution of after-dinner mints.

All of the courses at the reception are served by staff wearing white gloves. The hors d'oeuvres may include such delicacies as mini lobster lettuce wraps, California rolls with soy dipping sauce and marinated antipasto skewers. When the main entree comes out, you'll see mouth-watering artichoke stuffed chicken, roast prime rib of beef au jus king cut or baked stuffed filet of sole. It is also easy to customize the menu by adding extras, like a pasta station, fresh fruit place or a mashed potato martini bar. Perhaps you'd like to add a carving station, which is another option that couples find extremely popular.

Extra perks abound at the Providence Marriott Downtown. There's a private room for the wedding party to retreat to when needed and the bride and groom are gifted with a complimentary overnight stay once the reception comes to an end. The couple receives a customized website to inform guests of any directions, alert them to important information and to provide them with a way to secure discounted lodging should they be traveling from out of town. A few more perks that are sure to impress are listed below.

• Plenty of free parking
  • Discounted valet parking
  • Wireless Internet access
  • Coat check service
  • Handicap accessibility
  • Outdoor swimming pool
  • G Spot Spa for manicures for bridal party

The Providence Marriott Downtown

From elegant ballrooms to sophisticated pool side outdoor receptions, our beautiful venue is designed for brilliant social events. You can expect exquisite settings and countless details executed with precision and style. Romantic receptions to trendy cocktails, from the proposal to the last dance, our team will guide you through the stages of planning your life-changing event.

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant

One Orms Street, Providence, RI (401) 553-0434

Outstanding Downtown Hotel Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 Jenalee L

Our wedding was in July.. the Providence Marriott is a perfect downtown location for a summer wedding. The cocktail hour was outside by the pool, Aqua, with outstanding appetizers, and the ballroom is stunning and has great space to offer. The food was very good, and there are... Read More lots of options to choose from. Donna, the wedding planner there, was unbelievable, she truly made our wedding an easy event to plan, she put all of our dreams into a magical wedding. Not only does she coordinate everything there, but she also helps manage with the other vendors and it truly shows on the wedding day, a flawless reception. We had a lot of out of town guests and the room rates were totally reasonable and with the pool and the location everyone loved it! Truly the best location in Providence. We will never forget it.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Nicole M

I do not know where to begin. Donna DiOrio is the reason I had my wedding at the Providence Marriott. To say she goes above and beyond is an understatement. She is a true expert in her craft. Donna was there every step of the way during the planning process and ensured I... Read More didn't have one detail missed for my wedding. She had amazing ideas and advice for things I had questions on. Fast forward to the big day.. WOW. I am still in shock of how perfect my wedding was. I can't get over how amazing the Ballroom looked. It was truly magical. In addition to Donna, the banquet managers Jack and Donnie were out of this world. My family and guests can not stop raving about the food and service. Speaking of the food....Chef Franco is also incredible. The food was exactly as it was prepared for my tasting and my guests were truly blown away. Between Donna, the Banquet Managers and staff, the Chef and the overall excellent service of happy hotel employees I could not have asked for a more perfect day. They all treat you as though you are part of one big family. If you are looking to have your wedding in the area do not even bother looking anywhere else. The Providence Marriott truly was 5 out of 5 stars. I would give 10 stars if I could. You will be in the best care with Donna and her staff. To Donna and the team...Thank you for making my special day the best day of my life!! I owe it all to you all!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Jennifer K

I can't all of the staff at the Providence Marriott Downtown enough for all they did for our wedding this past weekend! Working with everyone there (from catering, to banquet facilities, bartenders, waitresses, shuttle service, etc...) made it for an extremely easy wedding to... Read More plan and a fabulous wedding weekend. Donna DiOrio, director of catering was an absolute joy to work with throughout the 9 months that we were planning our wedding. Every time we had a questions, concern, or uncertainty she was there to help us through it. She truly made the wedding planning process easy and enjoyable. I truly felt like we were a top priority the weekend of our wedding and she made me feel at ease during what could have been a stressful time. As we attended the Marriott on occasion throughout the planning process, we had the fortunate experience of dining in their restaurant, BlueFin Grille. We ate their 3 times (including our tasting) and each time we have the pleasure of having Kimee as our waitress. Kimee was extremely knowledgeable about the food menu and drink menu. She was able to make numerous suggestions to us that were all delicious. She was a joy to speak with and get to know along the way. The day of our wedding we had the privilege of working with another member of Donna's team, Donnie. Donnie was available to us the entire evening of our wedding. Whatever my husband and I needed, he was able to make sure it happened. He was constantly checking in on us to make sure we ate, had a drink, etc. If there was a request we had, he was the guy to make it happen. Not only was he very attentive but he was funny, kind, and efficient. Contacting Donnie and his team the day after our wedding was also a breeze. They had all of our belongings packed up for us and we didn't have to do a thing! We stayed at the Marriott for 2 evenings after our wedding and although the event was over we were clearly valued customers. Seeing Donnie and Donna after the event, they were sure to follow up with us to make sure if we needed anything. We even came back to our room the evening after our wedding to a bottle of champagne, cheese, and crackers. Overall, I am extremely happy to have chosen the Providence Marriott Downtown to host our wedding. I felt extremely comfortable with them and trusted them to handle our big day 100%. If I could do it all over again, I would not change a thing!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Marisa C

Cannot say enough great things about this venue ! If I could do the day all over again I would chose the Marriott a million times ! From the moment we booked til our big day was an absolute breeze! Donna and her team made the day run seamlessly. Walking into the ballroom for the... Read More first time as a married couple we both looked around and couldn't believe the transformation! It looked like a fairy tail. Thank you to the entire Marriott staff for an unforgettable night!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Amy C

Donna and her team where absolutely amazing to work with. Everything from the planning to the food were absolutely spot on. To this day people are still telling us how much fun they had and how good the food was. Another awesome aspect of this venue is being able to have your... Read More wedding in Downtown Providence without all the downtown hassle. I loved that our guests were able to stay the night and park without costing them an arm and a leg.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Amanda P

My husband and I fell in love with the Marriott Downtown immediately when we were looking for venues. We also really loved the coordinator Donna DiOrio. She is unlike most coordinators as she is extremely warm, welcoming, and truly wants to make your day amazing and as stress... Read More free as possible. She has been there over 30 years so you can feel extra confident in her expertise. The service and food is all around amazing, their chef has also been there over 30 years. If we were to plan our day all over again, we would absolutely choose the Providence Marriott Downtown. Just about every aspect of your day is customizable, they even offer an outdoor, poolside Cocktail hour at their Aqua lounge. And I cannot emphasize enough that the coordinator Donna is really wonderful and a big reason why we chose the Marriott.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Katharine F

Donna: Katie & Anthony’s wedding was absolutely MAGICAL! I don’t think I stopped smiling the entire evening! Every single detail was perfect! I honestly expected it, having known you for so many years and knowing how amazing you are and how detail oriented….but actually... Read More FEELING it that evening….it was over the top! The ballroom looked like a fairy tale! You orchestrated everything so well and your calm demeanor was so appreciated. People even commented to me that your waitstaff could not have been any nicer. Aqua was perfect for the cocktail hour! I could go on and on and on. Really. I’m still on cloud nine! Katie and Anthony and Anthony’s Mom and Dad came back to my house on Sunday and we were all gushing about every single detail. Thank you so so very much! I just adore you. My heart is so full. This was the best experience ever! Deb

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

Donna, Chef Franco, and the rest of the Marriott staff (too many wonderful people to name.. don't want to forget anyone) could not do enough to make my daughter's wedding flawless!!! My family has known Donna for years. We have hosted many weddings, parties, and fundraisers at... Read More the hotel. When our daughter got engaged last December, Donna was the ONLY person I called to book her wedding. It didn't even enter our minds to do her wedding anywhere else. I said.. "She wants to be a fall 2015 bride, what dates do you have?" and we went from there. She, along with her staff, went above and beyond to accommodate our vendors and our requests and our out-of-town guests. Donna was able to strike that perfect balance for all of our guests.. the young, the young at heart, the foodies, and the partiers. Everyone had a great time! It was non-stop fun! Donna brought her many years of experience, patience, suggestions, advice, but most of all, her caring to make our daughter's wedding one of (if not THE) happiest days of our lives. After all the numerous phone calls, emails, and planning over the past 10 months, that day, I was a guest. I had 100000% confidence in Donna and her staff that it would be a flawless event and it was! Just some of the feedback we got from family and friends: “The bar has been raised” “Best wedding ever!” “Magical” “WOW.. just WOW’ One guest comment.. "great touch having one server per table” (I didn’t think anyone would notice that.. but I guess they do!) :) A letter I got.. thanking us for inviting one guest (first time in my life I hear of anyone sending a thank you note for getting invited to a wedding).. "I have never been to a reception where the valet and the coat check people were gushing about how amazing the reception was going to be! They were spot on" Impeccable service and a delicious meal thanks to Chef Franco.. One of our guests is a restaurant owner himself and commented at how impressed he was with the meal from start to finish. Donna really listened to the type of event my daughter wanted and made it work. To have our daughter and new son in law in tears over how amazing it was.. worth every single second we spent creating this for them. My only regret is that 5 stars is the most I can give.. If there was a 10 star rating, I would give it in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Melissa A

The Providence Marriott Downtown Hotel was a fabulous venue for my wedding. The day went flawless, from the chic cocktail hour outside by Aqua the pool, to the service and professionalism of the staff. Donna the event planner was thorough and explained everything in detail.... Read More The Marriott works will all budgets, and makes the day flow without stress. I would highly recommend The Providence Downtown Marriott to any bride/couple who is looking for a modern, chic, city feel wedding!

Thank you to the Downtown Marriott!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Sam G

My husband and I called the Downtown Marriott to set up a room block for guests that were coming in for our wedding weekend. I also used the G Spot Spa for manicure appointments for myself and my bridal party. Lastly, we used the Aqua Lounge for the Sunday brunch after the... Read More wedding. The rooms included in the block were very nice; especially the suite, which my husband and I stayed in for three nights. The room block rate of $149 per night was VERY reasonable in my opinion, and I know my guests appreciated that very much. My husband and I brought welcome bags to the hotel and although were were charged for them, the hotel staff delivered the bags to each guest's room, which I really liked. We had a little bit of miscommunication regarding the price of the welcome bags and essentially, we were charged twice for them. However, when I caught it and called the hotel, they were very apologetic and our credit card was refunded within 2 days. Overall, we were very pleased with the Downtown Marriott!

High Class

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Zerina B

As soon as you walk in, you feel like you're in a luxurious hotel. It smells fresh, looks clean, and there's even an indoor/outdoor pool! We booked the suite so the bridesmaids and I could get ready together, and our jaws dropped when we walked in. It was basically a 1-bedroom... Read More apartment minus a kitchen! There's also an in-house restaurant/bar which was fun to hang out, as well as a complimentary shuttle for pick-up and drop-off within a couple miles radius of the hotel. I'd definitely stay here again!

Wedding Dream

Reviewed on 11/21/2014

Terry, Jennifer, Brandon, Jamie and I want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the most AMAZING wedding experience anyone could hope for! Your attention to us through this whole experience was so comforting because we truly felt our wedding would be just perfect..and... Read More it was! All of our family and friends were just thrilled with every detail that you put together...with the dessert drink and bar being the piece de resistance! But it's the little things that only we know about that make it even more special. You really put your heart into what you do...that is the gift! We can not thank you enough for everything and we hope to meet again in the future! Please thank your whole staff for us!

Best Wedding Venue in RI!

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 ashley j

Below is a letter my husband and I emailed to Marriott to express our appreciation and gratitude: Hello Donna & Holly, We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary and we are excited to take the time to thank you properly for all you did to make our wedding day extraordinary.... Read More It is not every person's luxury to have a wedding at the Providence Marriott. It was a delight to have a team of professionals to help us create the day we will never forget. When Led Zeppelin's "Whole 'lotta love" started to play I remember Holly guiding us to the doors and knew a little liquid courage was in order. When Donna met with us the first time her confident advice eased our head-full of questions. Since the beginning- pulling our name out of the top hat- to the final song at our reception we agreed our day could not have been better. We know it is your profession to be great event coordinators, but for a couple like us your poise and expertise made the difference from great to amazing. How many stories have we heard about a wedding coordinator that just didn't understand the bride and groom? You have a great team. The bartenders and wait-staff at Aqua knew how to keep the guests pleased and relaxed. At dinner, the servers and maître d' were prompt and accepted requests pleasantly. We hope you accept our letter and accompanying pictures as our "thank you" for the most amazing wedding that has given us memories to last a lifetime.

Perfect Providence Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Marissa M

The staff at the Providence Marriott Downtown was absolutely AMAZING to work with! Everything was perfect and everything went as planned. On the day of, I did not have to worry about one thing because everything was taken care of for me. Paul and Donna are amazing to work with... Read More and are at the reception to make sure that you have everything you need and everything you could ever want. Also, get the Viennese dessert table! It was the icing on the cake. I can't wait to have my next event there!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 emily d

I ended up having my civil wedding at this place really beautiful.

Providence Marriott - Excellent Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/10/2010 Eileen B

My son and his fiance chose the Providence Marriott after attending a bridal fair there and it was an excellent choice! Our wedding coordinator, Lynn, was absolutely terrific and all of our guests raved about every part of the event. The food, the room, the service - all... Read More outstanding. We would recomend this venue to any bride and groom that want the perfect wedding.

2010-11-11T12:24:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write your testimonial. It is always extremely rewarding to hear such wonderful comments from past clients who we feel are part of our Marriott Family. Again, we thank you!

Review for Marriott Providence

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 natasha s

The lighting was amazing! The customer service was unbelievable!

Review for Providence Marriott Downtown

Reviewed on 9/17/2007 kat c

They treated us like family. The food was terrific, their choices were unlike other venues.