Custom designed cakes baked from scratch

Cake is our passion - plain and simple. We bring together all of the best elements of baking and cake design, making edible art that is as breathtaking as it is delicious. All of our cakes, fillings and buttercreams are made from scratch, using the freshest and and highest quality ingredients.

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

5035 Freret Street, New Orleans, LA (504) 872-0065
INSTAGRAM

Pure Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Sarah R

I can't say enough about Pure Cake. My cake was delicious and amazing. I couldn't decide which flavors to choose at my consultation, so tried to work them all in. I seriously considered licking my plate clean during the tasting. I am NOT artistic, so I brought in about 5 of... Read More my favorites from Pinterest. Monique took what I liked from those photos and designed an absolutely beautiful cake. Any bakery can make any of the cakes you find on Pinterest, but then you'd have a cake that looks like everyone else's. Monique will create a design that is YOURS. I could not have been happier with the process. Also, the cake is fresh and absolutely delicious. My planner had to pull me away from the cake table because I tried cutting pieces for myself while still in my dress. A number of my guests said that the cake was the best they ever had. On a side note, Pure Cake was not my original bakery. A certain New Orleans East bakery cancelled on me 6 weeks before my wedding. This was the best thing that happened in my planning.

Magical!

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Robin B

Monique designed the most gorgeous wedding cake and groom's cake for my December wedding. A true show-stopper, the cake's details and embellishments looked flawless. Service was impeccable and the cakes tasted great!

Show stopper!!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2014 Christian

Our wedding cake and grooms cake were both absolutely stunning!!!! Monique took my visions for our wedding and created the most beautiful cake I have ever seen!! Not only were they both gorgeous but soo delicious!!! They did not taste like a bakery cake. More like a moist,... Read More homemade, from scratch dessert!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Tara P

DEVINE!!! I came from NC, never heard of Pure Cake. I place my order over the phone with high expectation. I will say, it exceeded my expectation. The cake was beautiful and scrumptious!!!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Laura B

I did cake tastings at 4 places around the city. Pure Cake’s expert design style, customer service, friendliness and delicious cake where the reasons I selected Pure Cake. The cake was truly a work of art and a centerpiece for my modern geometric wedding. Monique worked... Read More magic! Multiple people at the wedding told me how delicious the cake was. Expert design and tasty, I couldn’t be happier!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Nicholas R

PURE-fection. That's the made-up word I want to use for this review because these cakes were FANTASTIC at our wedding. The cakes were beautiful, exactly what we wanted, and tasted phenomenal. We actually can't wait for our one year to pull out the leftover frozen toppers and... Read More devour them again! Highly recommend one any other bakery in the area.

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Emily K

We got our wedding cake from Pure Cake (almond cake with vanilla buttercream frosting), and it was incredible. We couldn't keep count of the number of guests who told us it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. The cake was so moist and tasted home-made. It was by far... Read More the best cake we tasted (of the four different bakeries), and really well-priced. Plus, the owners are really nice, easy to work with, and provide honest advice on how many servings to order. They advised us against ordering a kitchen cake, saying we would have enough servings with the tiered cake alone, and they were correct! We had plenty of cake and got to eat leftovers the next day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Nichole W

Best cakes! We chose Pure Cakes for our "Jazz Brunch" wedding, and could not have been more pleased!! We worked with the bakery to create an affordable, but unique spread of smaller cakes in a variety of flavors for our guests. The cakes were simple, beautifully decorated, and... Read More above all - delicious (the bride's favorite was coconut - don't miss it!). Beyond the delicious cakes, Pure Cake is a fantastic vendor. They were helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process - from deciding the amount of cake needed to picking appropriate cake plates. They were one of my vendors that I ordered from and never had to worry about again - the cakes were there, on time, beautifully displayed, and delicious! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lisa S

We were so happy we went with Pure Cake! Monique made it an easy process from initial contact, to cake tasting, and planning. She really walked us through the options and gave her honest opinion on sizing and details of the cakes. We wanted two cakes that had a theme, and they... Read More were incredible. We couldn't believe how well they came out, a tiered cake with a bead tree, and a street car cake. The detail was amazing. Everyone has been telling us how unique and awesome our cakes were, and we will keep telling everyone how great Pure Cake is. Thank you so much for making us such memorable cakes!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Marissa B

I highly recommend Pure Cake! I chose vendors who were responsive and friendly during our planning process and Monique was a delight to work with! We wanted a simple and elegant wedding cake and I was blown away by how beautiful it was on our big day. My mother-in-law organized... Read More the groom's cake as a surprise to us and the detail put into it was unbelievable. It was truly a work of art. Thank you again Pure Cake!

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Rachel H

I am so in love with Monique and Danielle! They are amazing! They made a wedding cake and a groom's cake for our wedding. Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious, with sugar flower details that matched the belt on my wedding dress perfectly. Our groom's cake was absolutely... Read More amazing! My husband loves Godzilla, so for his cake we brought his favorite Godzilla toy and the cake was made to look like a building he was getting ready to stomp. Everyone thought it was awesome! (And most of them didn't even realize it was a cake at first!) Not only did our cakes look amazing, but they were delicious! Many weddings you go to, the cake is not great, it's often dry and doesn't taste great. Not the case from Pure Cake! We had three flavors of cake, each one was moist and delicious! Our guests loved the cake! I heard many compliments and even knew a couple people who may have had more than one slice. Thank you so much to the ladies at Pure Cake!

Best tasting wedding cake ever

Reviewed on 11/25/2015

We went with Pure Cake and are extremely glad we did. This cake not only looked great, which most wedding cakes do, but it tasted great too, which, in my experience most wedding cakes don't. I almost didn't eat a piece as I don't normally find wedding cakes moist enough, but... Read More after I was pressured into eating a piece, I ate three, and then a few more from the left overs the following week.

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Ashley C

I have always loved Pure Cake so there was no question that I would return for my wedding cake. Apart from how gorgeous it looked, the cake itself tasted incredible. My guests are still talking about it. With a variety of flavors to choose from and match, you are sure to find... Read More something beyond the standard wedding cake fare. In a nutshell: #DelishDivine

Best Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Rachel M

We ordered our wedding cake from Pure Cake for our wedding last November and it was AMAZING! Our guests agreed- many said it was the best cake they have ever tasted! Not only was Pure Cake easy and enjoyable to work with, but we sampled many wedding cakes in New Orleans and... Read More they did not even come close to comparing. In addition to taste, the cake was beautiful- four tiers, and Pure Cake worked with our florist to adorn it with flowers. Just had our anniversary, and even after being frozen for a year, the cake tasted as perfect as it did on the day of our wedding. We highly recommend Pure Cake!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Andrea S

Pure Cake was the 1st of 6 tastings that we did. We could have saved a day by just stopping after them, because they blew away the competition in both taste and professionalism. I had a pretty good vision of how I wanted my cake to look and they still managed to make the... Read More reality surpass my imagination. As beautiful as the cake looked, where I think they really set themselves apart is in taste. The cake they made for me is by far the best tasting wedding cake I have ever had (almond cake, caramel cream cheese filling, buttercream frosting). My husband is not normally a cake guy, but I have had to put him on a strict rationing plan to keep him from polishing off the leftovers in one sitting. Thank you Pure Cake!

Too pretty too eat and too delicious to not eat!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Caroline J

Pure Cake is a small operation with BIG results. I worked solely with Monique, so she is the only person I can really review here but she and her partner-in-cake were amazing. SO friendly, SO patient, and VERY receptive to our ideas. Monique drew up a proposal for us and after a... Read More couple of weeks I had a change in vision and she redesigned the cake JUST as I wanted. It was so beautiful!! The hand piping matched the lace on my dress and was jaw dropping in its accuracy and delicacy. And the taste - O.M.G. I didn't get a slice until we were back at our hotel that night and thank the lord I did. We did traditional almond cake and almond icing and it was perfection. Sweet but not too sweet, delicate, and moist. My mouth is watering now. It's pretty much the only cake I wanted forever and ever. I'm already plotting to eat our cake topper early! I would definitely recommend Pure Cake for your wedding. The ONLY ding I will give them is that since my husband and I live out of town he and I did separate cake tastings. I went for my wedding cake in December and he went for his grooms cake (and I tagged along) in June since he wasn't in town when I did my tasting. I had already signed the contract and paid the deposit for the wedding cake and we still had to pay a tasting fee for his tasting since I had been there before. $20 isn't a lot of money, but we felt like it was one of those things that could have been comped since we had signed a contract for a wedding cake and we were definitely going to sign a contract for the grooms cake, we just wanted to finalize the flavors. But don't let that dissuade you. Pure Cake is lovely all around!

Exactly what we wanted

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Laura

I could not be more pleased with Pure Cake! Not only was my wedding cake beautiful (and it looked like I expected), but it tasted amazing. All of our guests raved about it, including those who said they weren't normally "cake eaters." Pure Cake's service was excellent and... Read More working with them was very easy too. Although they were the most expensive of all the places we looked at, I would still highly recommend them. My husband was also very happy with his groom's cake, and all the above comments hold true for it as well.

Perfect cake!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Christina C

The cake was delicious - everyone at the wedding commented on it. We went with the traditional almond cake and butter cream frosting, with caramel between the layers and it was divine. We didn't have much left over at all. The design they created fit my theme perfectly. Couldn't... Read More have asked for a better experience.

Loved Pure Cake

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Bebe H

Working with Pure Cake was a great experience! I saw a bunch of designs on pinterest and they helped me bring them together to create a unique cake that matched my theme and met my expectations. Honestly, I am not even a cake person. I don't usually like the taste of it, but... Read More their cakes are so delicious (I had 3 different flavors)! I would eat cake from there even if it weren't for a wedding. Overall all it was a great experience. I would recommend them to anyone.

Beautiful and Delicious

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie R

We selected Pure Cake after having several tastings. Their flavors and moist cake were hands down superior to the rest! Monique was super patient with me while I selected my cake design and she had a lot of ideas and suggestions. She met with me several times and even let us... Read More have two tastings. The wedding cake was very beautiful and I received many compliments from guests. I highly recommend this bakery for weddings or any event. Only Con: They did not provide a cake stand. However, it turned out as a good thing because I used a Pinterest idea for a unique stand.

The Best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Kelsey D

Pure Cake was an absolute pleasure to work with. They were the 3rd bakery I held tastings with, and after the 1st bite I knew they were the one to use! I found the price per slice to be very reasonable, and they didn't have any sneaky additional charges and fees like other... Read More places in town. We chose the chocolate cake with salted caramel filling, and I can't wait for our 1st anniversary so we can eat the top layer that's in our freezer. So so yummy, professional to work with, and one of our wedding vendors that I would truly recommend to anyone without hesitation. Thanks, Pure Cake!

Beautiful Cakes & Tasty Too!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Malissa M

We loved working with Pure Cake on the designs for both our wedding cake and groom's cake. Monique was SO helpful and provided excellent advice regarding what size of cakes we would need to feed the number of guests at our wedding. She also perfectly decorated our wedding and... Read More groom's cakes to match the inspiration picture we showed her. Not only was Monique very accommodating, but honest. When I asked her to dye the groom's LSU cake Tulane green on the inside she told me "no". She also provided me with a justification for her answer and it was reasonable. Finally, not only were our cakes beautiful, they we were tasty too. Our guests' were definitely as pleased with the taste and texture of her cakes. Overall Pure Cake creates beautiful cakes, that are yummy, and reasonably priced. I would recommend Pure Cake to anyone looking for a cake for any occasion. We will definitely be using them again!

Unique Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Lisa D

My wedding cake was the talk of my reception! I wanted something different (other than the usual white almond wedding cake with vanilla icing that you eat at most receptions) so I went with the salted caramel filling. I don't even usually like caramel, but this stuff was... Read More amazing! I also requested a sweater pattern fondant for my winter wedding cake which turned out beautifully. The cost quoted included a sheet cake for a groom's cake in red velvet which was also delicious.