Purslane Catering

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

New York City, Tri-State Area, Hudson Valley, Long Island (718) 701-8344

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Rick R

I have to confess, first off, that I’m not one to write online reviews - and I suppose that’s a common opening catch-phrase. However, my wife Stephanie and I’s recent experience with Purslane for our June 30th wedding at Fitzcarraldo compels me here. We can’t thank Nicolette,... Read More Chef Arden, and the entire Purslane staff enough as they were unparalleled, not only in their kindness, generosity, and skill, but the food and service at our wedding was like having family run the show - that is if you’re from a family who puts a lot of love and thought into their food, drinks, and good times. Flat out, Purslane nailed it from every angle for us: space, planning, food, drink, dancing, and memories. For our “leaner” wedding of thirty-five people, Stephanie and I had dreamt of a wedding that was centered around our own family, friends, plentiful drinks, unique food, and dancing through the night. Purslane exceeded all of our hopes and the space of Fitzcarraldo not only brought home the atmosphere of a classic Brooklyn night, but the outdoor patio and distinctive interior allowed for the intimacy, mingling, and dancing that we wanted for all of our family and friends. However, before we even got to the big night, I have to recognize the hard work and effort, especially of Chef Arden and the organization, support, and joy of Nicolette, in helping us to put it altogether. Although we had no wedding planner, Nicolette immediately dove in to help us, listened to us, let us know all of our options, made wonderful recommendations, and - most importantly - communicated with us promptly, warmly, and consistently through the whole process. It sounds “hoaky,” I’m sure (pretty hard to avoid in these things), but both Stephanie and I became “fast-friends” with Nicolette due to her caring, attention, and the fact that she works at the local restaurant of Franklin and Kent. Further, to put it bluntly, one of the nicest dinners my then-fiance and I had - prior to our wedding dinner, of course - was the “tasting” dinner that both Nicolette and Arden provided for us. We felt downright spoiled by the variety and diversity of flavors and the sincerity of Nicolette and Arden in helping us to make what we wanted happen for our wedding night. In terms of the wedding dinner, Chef Arden’s “crew” hit it out of the park. I'll let the food speak for itself. A first course of heirloom tomatoes with peaches, feta, and honey in a vinaigrette; a second course of strozzapreti in roasted tomato sauce with taggiasca olives, mozzarella, and basil; three different entrees, one of grilled seas bass in banana leaf with kung pao sauce, achiote, citrus, herb salad, and cashews, a second entree of “lomo al trapo,” a Colombian-style beef tenderloin that is wrapped in a towel and cooked directly in the coals (absolutely wonderful) served with salsa criolla, and a third entree of ratatouille a la plancha that consisted of beautifully grilled vegetables. We also had a number of passed appetizers including root-beer braised pork tacos, black seed crusted tuna, and vegetable spring rolls with rice vermicelli, cucumber, avocado, herbs, and nam prik. As many have already said, and I couldn’t agree more, this wasn’t your standard “get-by” wedding dinner - rather, this was a meal I continue to have conversations about with friends and family that were there. Thank you again, so much, to Nicolette, Chef Arden, and the whole Purslane group. Highly recommended and we will see you soon I’m sure!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Mollie K

Purslane catered our Brunch wedding at Brooklyn Grange Rooftop farm and the team was an absolute joy to work with. They are professional, communicative - and importantly, serve delicious food customized to fit our family style vision. Raving reviews all around on the kale &... Read More gruyere quiche, maple - black pepper bacon, and friend chicken and biscuits, and baby buttermilk pancakes. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Adrienne M

My husband and I had the best experience with Purslane for our wedding on 8/27/2016. Not only was the food absolutely amazing, but every single person we worked with was so accommodating and knowledgeable. Amanda was simply the best! At times, it seemed like she was a wedding... Read More planner and catering director rolled into one because she helped us think through so many details of the day. Our wedding was held at a fairly unconventional venue and Amanda and her staff did not skip a beat in getting everything done smoothly despite less than perfect conditions. Chef Arden was also wonderful to work with and extremely talented. Every member of the day-of staff from the servers to the bartenders was professional and gracious to all of our guests. We had many guests remark that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. I cannot say enough good things about the entire Purslane team!