Downtown Akron's Premier Catering Venue

Over 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space including 11,900 square foot Station ballroom with historic train depot pre-function space. Large built in dance floor, sound system and wireless internet throughout.Beautiful ballroom that can seat up to 600 for dinner. One of the largest banquet facilities in Downtown Akron, perfect for weddings, private parties, rehearsal dinners! UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!

Backyard, Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

130 E. Mill Street, Akron, OH (330) 972-8215

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Lindsey K

My husband and I held our September 2017 wedding reception at Quaker Station and we could not be happier with the whole experience! Ieva and her team did a phenomenal job and helped to make our day absolutely perfect! From the initial planning to the day of, everyone was very... Read More helpful and very accommodating to any ideas or suggestions that we had. We received compliments all night on how great the food was (some said it was the best wedding meal they had ever had) how great the service was and how lovely the space itself was. We loved the historic charm of the old train station in the cocktail hour space! The venue is huge, but don't let that worry you. It felt perfect for our 190 person wedding. Our guests did not feel like they were on top of each other and loved how every area had it's own designated space to move around comfortably and visit with one another, away from the music on the dance floor. The staff knows how to utilize the space perfectly. Do not hesitate with Quaker Station - I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Melissa V

I had my reception at Infocision Stadium. The views from the fifth floor are incredible! You can see both downtown Akron and the stadium. The food was incredible and every single guest I asked remarked that the food was great! It was really important to me that the guests like... Read More the food and Quaker Station delivered. The table set up was elegant and perfect. The staff are easy to work with and followed my requests perfectly. The served food quickly, which is nice when you have 175 guests! I highly recommend Quaker Station - I've already had several guests tell me it was the best wedding they ever went to!

Historic Banquet Hall with Top Notch Service

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Bethany C

If you're looking for a hall that can seat a lot of guests but still has charm, this is your place. Also called University Catering and now owned by the University of Akron, the former train station boasts beautiful old brick with original wood timbers inside. There are 2... Read More pre-function rooms, a smaller buffet or ceremony room and an enormous hall that can seat 1000 (or in our case, more like 250 and was still intimate). There's even free onsite parking. (One thing to note: There is no hotel onsite anymore; it's now a dorm, but was quiet for our wedding, despite it being finals week.) The wedding coordinators there facilitate the catering and security -- they even helped us set up everything we dropped off a day early. Food is quality buffet style and cost was lower than other venues in the area. So many people who came to our wedding said "We didn't know this was here, but we can't wait to come back!" You won't be disappointed.

Good food & service

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 Emily A

Had reception at the Martin University Center. Chose buffet which was very good. Tip for brides and grooms: remember you won't get to eat much the day of, so pick something your guests will enjoy!

Great venue, poor service

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Ashley G

the venue was beautiful and the space was perfect, but the staff was not helpful at all. They did prepare enough food so some of our guests were served kids meals instead of the food that we payed for for them. Other than that (which I didn't find out about until after the... Read More wedding) the reception was perfect.

Review for The Martin University Center at the University of Akron

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Michelle G

The large wooden dance floor, the romantic ambiance, including a large fireplace, and a beautiful old library where they had the bar service.

Review for The Martin University Center at the University of Akron

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jess D

Everything was wonderful. The stuff was helpful and worked with us on what we wanted. The facility was beautiful and the food was amazing. I wouldn't change anything. It was also right off the highway which made it easy to get to for the guests.

Review for Martin University Center

Reviewed on 2/14/2009 Heidi J

The building is an old Men's Club with great architectural detail. The service food and atmosphere was exceptional and it was SO much less money than area hotels and reception halls! The price was amazing.

Meet The Director of Catering

Ieva Balcus

I have worked with Aramark in the Catering industry for over 10 years. I love working in this industry because it is always changing and evolving. It is never a dull moment and always keeps me on my toes. Working with different clients and brides is also very rewarding -- to see the event start out from just an idea to evolve into a beautiful and memorable experience for everyone! I take everything I do with great pride and it shows in customer experiences at our events!