So You Can Party

DJ's who skillfully mix music, perform as MC and rock weddings all over the Bay! We will customize our services for your wedding. Quantum Party Productions also provides event planning, lighting, photography, photo booths & rentals.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Katherine M

Music was very important to myself and my husband at our wedding. We both love to dance and wanted to work with someone who could keep the party mood while still making sure all of our guests were comfortable and having fun. On a recommendation from our caterer, we got in... Read More contact with Quantum Music Event Planners and specifically Jason Shires. Jason definitely delivered! Our dance floor was packed from the first song until the last and we received so many compliments on the music! Jason was really able to understand the vibe we were going for and incorporate a variety of songs for a variety of generations. He was also very accommodating. When I asked for a very specific YouTube cover song for my walk down the aisle he didn’t bat an eye and made it happen. We had so much fun at our wedding and I can honestly say much of that was due to the tone Jason set. We are so happy with our choice to work with QMEP and Jason and would recommend them for any party, wedding, or event!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kristen H

Once we spoke with Jason there was huge sense of relief. We used QPP for Day-of wedding coordination, our DJ and Lighting. When we first met with Jason we realized he was perfect for us. He helped us figure out the flow of our day and got us to think about details we wouldn't... Read More have on our own. Our wedding day was executed perfectly, and if there were any snags, we did not know about them! Perfect. If you're DIY'ing your own wedding planning I highly recommend using QPP for day-of... hand the execution over to the professionals and you'll enjoy your day so much more.

Quantum is the BEST!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Casie M

Quantum is the best! A pleasure to work with from the very first inquiry to the last song of the night at our wedding! Jason was committed from the very beginning to help us create the wedding of my dreams. Jason kept the party moving from start to finish. In addition to his Dj... Read More expertise, he was also able to help me with decor and lighting and a great photographer. We could not be more pleased with our experience and would definitely use Quantum again and/or recommend to anyone! So much fun to work with :) Thanks for making our wedding a party to remember!

2015-09-03T06:19:55 Response from the vendor

Awe...you are very sweet. Thank you for the kind words and the terrific review of QMEP. It was very cool that we got to do so much for your wedding and that you're so happy with the results. It truly was a great party. Some... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Riss R

We hired them to DJ, light our venue, heat our venue, and do our photobooth. The photobooth was a smash hit, everyone loved it. The lighting was gorgeous, the heat was appreciate. The DJ was awesome. Listened to our needs and kept the party going.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Melissa M

We discovered Quantum through a bridal show in the SF Presidio. The owner, Jason, was very friendly and approachable from the start, and it was great working with him. The company overall was very accommodating, friendly, and they really listened to what we wanted and how we... Read More wanted music and lighting to enhance our day. The cost was very reasonable and the quality was great. The only issue we had was during the ceremony. We were supposed to have mics for both the bride and groom and we did not receive them. The situation was handled very well and we still ended up very satisfied with the services we received. Recommend to everyone. :)

2017-01-30T13:28:27 Response from the vendor

The ceremony was at the Palace of Fine Arts. We had lapel mics on hand and available. The DJ was not allowed to use the only power source that was available. There is an organization running the building adjacent to the Palace of Fine Arts... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Jesse N

I cannot begin to thank Jason and his team at QMEP enough for the terrific event that they put on for our wedding. Not only was Jason impeccable in terms of following through on all the big and smalls details of our wedding, but he always did everything with a certain calmness... Read More and grace, which goes a long ways given the natural stresses that come with organizing a wedding. He was very easy to work with and flexible in terms of supporting our music choices and then filling in the gaps with music that matched our requested genres, styles, and personalities. Jason also introduced the entire wedding party into the reception exactly the way we had asked him to do so. I highly recommend Jason and his team to anyone, including friends who may be getting married in the coming years. Thanks again, Jason! From Jesse and Meghan

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Sarah H

Jason was an excellent DJ who read the crowd and kept everyone dancing. He facilitated the evening and MC'd the whole event. He was timely and kept everyone on schedule by giving relevant people a heads up as we moved through the wedding day schedule. He also provided the up... Read More lighting and market lights for the dance floor which looked AMAZING as well as the photo booth. The whole evening was perfect!

Incredible DJ and Photo Booth

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Jess M

QMEP was our DJ and also provided a photo booth for the total cost. Both were a complete hit! We worked with Jason, who was friendly, and easy to work with. He was also the best DJ ever -- great music selection and our dance floor was packed the whole night! The photo booth... Read More was also such a fun addition to the reception and we have loved looking at people's hilarious pictures. I highly recommend that you use QMEP as your DJ and do the photo booth add on. They are amazing and also affordable!

An amazing day!

Reviewed on 2/03/2015

QMEP surpassed any of our expectations! Jason asked us all the right questions to get the perfect mood of the day. The music was perfect, the ambiance hit the mark and the dancing was amazing! The lighting gave the venue the touch it needed and everyone loved it. Our guests have... Read More continuously commented on how great the music and dancing was and how wonderful Jason was as our DJ. They loved his involvement in the celebration and how he engaged our guests. It honestly couldn't have been more perfect! If you're looking for a DJ, music, lighting, anything for your day, QMEP is the vendor to go with. January 17th was truly one of the best days of our lives.

2015-09-03T06:10:02 Response from the vendor

This is what it's all about, I love it! I'm so happy you were pleased with our services and my performance, it was a pleasure. Thank you so much for the awesome review!!

A little spotty on communication but otherwise FANTASTIC!

Reviewed on 1/22/2015

Jason and his team gave us exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Michael, our actual DJ on the day of, was Johnny on the spot with announcements and played just what we wanted to hear (and nothing we didn't). Dustin and Reed were great on the photobooth, and since we had so... Read More many people wanting to take photos we ran out of paper, so they offered to take everything back to their office, finish the scrapbook, and send it to us. We did have one glitch two weeks before the wedding where we couldn't seem to get a hold of Jason, which was disconcerting, but other than that one occurrence Jason was great to work with. These guys really know what they're doing. And the value is unbeatable!

Excellent value

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 kate f

great at reading crowds. kept ppl dancing. played the songs we requested at appropriate time. was everything we hoped!

Great Experience with QMEP (DJ & Lighting)

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Barbara G

We used QMEP for DJ/MC and lighting. We found them on The Knot and contacted them via email. They responded immediately and were very helpful with our questions/concerns. We met with Jason at his showroom and he gave us a demonstration of his DJ skills and went over the ceremony... Read More with us. He was very friendly and enthusiastic and we felt comfortable right away. After we initially signed him as the DJ, we added string lighting to our package. It was a great value compared to other DJ and lighting services that we had seen. Jason and his staff arrived early to set up the DJ booth and lighting. Everything looked great. Jason was a fantastic MC, and helped keep everything on track and moving smoothly. He helped us by giving us some direction and encouragement, which we needed since this was our first wedding! All of the cues for the ceremony and the reception were on point. It was beautiful. During the dancing portion, he had everyone on their feet. He read the crowd perfectly and kept everything upbeat and exciting. Overall, we were so happy with everything. Jason and his staff are very professional and clearly know what they are doing. We will definitely recommend QMEP to anyone looking for wedding event planning services/DJ.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Jasmine J

I worked with Quantum Music Events to DJ my wedding in May 2014 at the Crooked Vine Winery in Livermore, Ca. I didn’t get a chance to see their showroom because I live out of state, but I was able to contact Jason Shires easily through email whenever I had a question. Our DJ... Read More was John Harris and he was spot on. The dance floor was never empty. He even managed to find a version of my parents song “Sea of Love” performed by Robert Plant, which can’t be downloaded—you have to have the album. The actual ceremony was also flawless with the music seamlessly changing from the wedding party’s song to my song for walking down the aisle. Jason Shires was also present to set up the projector equipment for the slideshow, which was a hit! Everyone loved it and it was worth the money/time to put it together. QME is a very professional team, they are quick to respond and perform admirably. Everything was perfect!

Amazing DJ!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Laura Y

Our wedding reception had the perfect soundtrack thanks to Jason and QMEP. From day one, even without ever meeting with him in person, we were able to scan through a very organized booklet of songs in their catalog, as well as request songs he may not have had available. We got... Read More a lot of comments from our guests about how much they loved the music. He was very respectful of our wishes not to make our reception turn into a "club" and every song that was chosen was well-received. He also provided some can lights for our photo booth. We couldn't be happier with Jason's services that day and would highly recommend him to anyone else looking for the perfect DJ!!

2015-09-03T06:23:22 Response from the vendor

This is awesome! Laura you took the words right out of my mouth...all I want to do is provide the perfect soundtrack to your wedding :) Seriously, I literally say that all the time!!

Music

Reviewed on 1/28/2014 Sherie K

Jason got the party started and personalized it for me! We had a great time dancing it up...old and young.

Great Music Perfect DJ

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Teresa

We worked with Jason specifically and he was very reasonable and helpful. He was really friendly and it helped we had similar music interests. He played all our songs we really wanted and in the order or specific time we wanted them to play. He is reliable and was fun to work... Read More with. The only change would have been to reduce the volume during the dance portion of the wedding since we were a very small wedding and at times difficult to chat with guests but the music was pumping and everyone was having a great time! Thank you!

No One Is Better than QMEP

Reviewed on 10/10/2013

I cannot recommend Jason Shires and QMEP highly enough. He did an absolutely stupendous job at our wedding reception. He nailed the musical vibe that we were looking for throughout the various parts of the reception: cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. And he did so with minimal... Read More instruction; he just knew exactly what to do! He also was perfect as the emcee and knew exactly how to speak and when to speak. He read the crowd like an expert, graciously took requests from our guests, and even adjusted on the fly to unscheduled toasts and impromptu singing from some of the guests in attendance. Jason was a breeze to work with before, during, and after the reception. I offer him and QMEP my highest recommendation.

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Shelly

Worked with Jason from QMEP for our wedding. Jason was very professional and knowledgable about everything. I loved his music selection at our wedding and was very happy with the service provided.

Definitely recommended

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Christine C

We recently got married and used QMEP as our DJ. We worked with Jason S to coordinate and plan for the day of and used Jason W as the actual DJ. They were both amazing! Jason S is organized and very experienced in this area. He gave us great ideas and recommendations. On the... Read More day of, Jason W threw a huge dance party, which is what we wanted. Everyone had a blast and we got numerous compliments about the music. I would definitely recommend QMEP.

Slightly Disappointed

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Aimee D

We chose Quantum because they were the coordinators for my wedding at Ardenwood. When looking at their website, it appeared that there were several DJ's in their company, however the person that was our DJ, was not on their website, but the wife of our photography and the owner... Read More of Quantum. Sadly, her song choices were not great and the mixing was awkward. Once Jason took over, things got a lot better. I would recommend them, but only if you get a professional DJ the entire time. Their prices were comparable.

2014-02-05T03:10:31 Response from the vendor

Kit was definitely featured on our website at the time and had been performing as a dj for over 10 years. She was actually considered one of the top female DJs in the wedding industry by many people and if you check other reviews, you... Read Less Read More

DJ and Photobooth

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Casey C

Amazing!! I was so happy with our DJ and I got so many compliments. He really read the mood of the group and kept great music coming. He hit every cue perfectly and our music was seamless. I had a couple guests ask for his contact information after the event and even had a party... Read More planner tell me he was the best she's seen. He is polite, helpful, and great at what he does. The photobooth and props were a big hit too, and wonderful keepsakes for both us and our guests. Thank you Jason!!

Okay Job

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Stefania S

After reading other bride reviews I was a little shocked at what happened at our wedding. We had to ask him to turn down the music several times during dinner because our guest complained they could not hear each other talk without yelling. He definitely did not read the crowd... Read More very well and after clearing the dance floor several times with music our guest did not like we had to ask him to change the music and once he did the dance floor filled up again. He did follow the timeline great and took a lot of direction well I just wished I did not have to spend my wedding day running back and forth to the DJ.

2014-02-05T03:06:08 Response from the vendor

This review is about a disc jockey (Daryl Noguera) who no longer works for us. I had asked the client to please update the review to specify who the dj was at the time and was told they would, but after some time I feel... Read Less Read More

Great Service

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Crystal F

After meeting with Jason I knew he was the DJ for my wedding. He was a pleasure right from the start. He pretty much had to lead me through the process. Helped me choose songs that would work for our wedding. He went above and beyond in every way!!

Great Job Overall

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Sarah K

Jason was very nice and for the most part did a great job. He kept the timing of the weddign moving well and he was a good announcer. My only issues were 1)I sent him a CD with all my music a week before the wedding and on the mornign of the wedding he tried it for the first... Read More time and said it didn't work (which added a little bit of anxiety but he said he was able to download the songs before the wedding). 2) I didn't really hear any of our selected dance songs but the songs he did play were good and everybody danced all night long.

Not Good Enough For the Price

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Janine B

This was the biggest let-down of all of my vendors. He didn't play the songs that we specifically asked for during cocktail hour or dinner. He said he could edit/cut some songs for us but, when asked how it was coming 5 days before the wedding, he said that he couldn't do it so... Read More we were on our own (we spent the 5 days before our wedding learning how to use Garage Band so we could prep all of our own wedding music). He played the wrong song for our first dance (ruined the moment quite a bit) and played the cake cutting song while we were still outside with guests (when we finally did the cake cutting he let the song continue until the end instead of jumping back to dance music, made for a Very awkward 2 minutes of our guests watching my husband and I, wondering if the cake cutting wasn't actually over yet). His selection of dance music was good but he did not mix or fade the music, just let totally different beats overlap for 10 seconds between songs (which was awkward to listen to and meant the dance floor stopped moving between every song). He is the owner of the company so presumably the best that Quantum has to offer as he has trained the other DJs, if you're desperate for a cheap DJ for prom this could be a good fit but it would definitely have been worth more money for my wedding to have a real DJ who can handle a complex event and knows what he is doing.

2015-09-03T05:12:26 Response from the vendor

I know this review is a few years old, but honestly it has always bothered me and I feel like I have the right to say something about it. I absolutely played the selected songs during cocktails and dinner but it obviously went completely unnoticed.... Read Less Read More

Jason Shires

I started Quantum in 2001 with an idea to change the wedding industry by raising the bar of what a wedding dj does and getting people to realize how important a dj really is to a wedding. My goal was to help the profession evolve into something much more than just a guy with some sound equipment. A professional service. Customer oriented and tailored. We did just that and I love it! Want to know what you're getting before the big day? Visit our showroom. The space features dj equipment, lighting, a photo gallery and party rentals like centerpieces, linens and décor to help plan your wedding.