Book Your Wedding with Queens Botanical Garden

A GARDEN IN FLUSHING, NY

Originally planted for the 1939 World's Fair, the beautiful Queens Botanical Garden is a piece of living history in the heart of Flushing, New York. With 18 acres of stunning natural greenery, seasonal blooms and carefully landscaped lawns, the garden is a gorgeous setting for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Quirky themed gardens and historic blooms from the 20th century make a truly unique backdrop for first look photography.

The Wedding Garden is the perfect spot for a romantic 'al fresco' wedding ceremony, seating up to 100 guests. This themed space is inspired by the classic sophistication of the Victorian era, with broad strokes of Eastern and Western garden motifs. A literal white picket fence surrounds flowering plants, charming wood bridges and an intimate vintage gazebo for couples to tie the knot under. Large ornate pots line the white paved aisle with pretty blooms. A blend of summer and winter blooms ensures vibrantly colored trees and flowerbeds, for picturesque ceremonies all year round.

The Oak Allee is a short stroll from the glorious Wedding Garden and is one of the other preferred outdoor venues.

Other garden venues in this beautiful Flushing spot include the auditorium and cherry circle. On site caterers offer a range of specialized wedding menus, with plenty of room to personalize. Acres of unique garden arrangements provide endless photography options, including prime locations like the romantic Rose Garden, Four Seasons Garden, Woodland Garden and Fragrance Walk. A garden photography package is available for couples holding their wedding elsewhere.

Wedding rental includes:

• An hour in the Wedding Garden
  • An hour of photography in the Main Garden
  • A one-hour wedding rehearsal (must be scheduled in advance, subject to availability)
  • Complimentary seating for up to 20 guests (80 chairs are available for an additional rental fee)

In case of poor weather, an indoor space will be provided in lieu of the outdoor Wedding Garden.

To reserve a date, a deposit of s required. Fifty percent of this deposit can be refunded for cancellations over six months in advance. The wedding fee is due in full six months prior to the event and is nonrefundable. All fees are payable by certified check, cash or credit card.

Perks and amenities within this garden space include:

• Guided garden tours for guests
  • Rare flora and fauna
  • Rare bird watching opportunities, including Bird Walk tours
  • Close to many local restaurants including Kane's Diner and Lake's Pavilion
  • Historically significant site
  • Art and education programs for kids
  • Queens Botanical Garden's art gallery is located onsite

Elegance in the heart of Queens!

Queens Botanical Garden specializes in wedding ceremonies, receptions and photography! Brides and grooms have celebrated their special day at QBG for years -- come visit and see why. Whether you choose the Garden as a backdrop for your wedding portraits, exchange vows in our glorious Wedding Garden, or have your reception on our Terrace or in our Auditorium, your special day will be unforgettable. Photo Credits: Allan Summers (www.allansummers.com), Angela Gaspar (www.gasparphotography.com), Joshua Wong (www.joshwongphotography.com)

Garden, Park, Tented

Tents, Rentals + Equipment

43-50 Main St, Flushing, NY (718) 886-3800

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Lourdia J

My experience with the bonitical garden have been a stellar experience. Ebony is amazing! She was extremely helpful from beginning to end. Her great customer services, her ongoing support and her eagerness to ensure our event is perfect is a breath of fresh air. I recommend... Read More the Bonical Gardens to anyone who is planning an event.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Victor M

I had a wonderful wedding day at the Queens botanical gardens. It was probably the hottest day of the year but it went extremely smooth with the help of Ebony Wiggins which couldn't have made it any easier on us. I totally recommend this as your wedding site, or any other events... Read More you may have.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jenna M

I had my wedding reception at the Queens Botanical Garden in June 2017. I had my cocktail hour on the terrace outside the visitor's building, and the main reception under a tent in the cherry circle. It was wonderful working with Ebony. She was so helpful throughout the whole... Read More process and was there on the day to make sure things ran smoothly. The garden itself is so beautiful and provided the perfect backdrop for our wedding. And seriously, you cannot beat the price compared to other venues in NYC. I highly recommend QBG!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Becky L

We loved our June ceremony and Ebony made booking and the day-of coordination very easy and fun. The venue itself is beautiful and perfect for a group of 80-100 guests.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Ronnie G

The outdoor Terrace at Queens Botanical Garden was the absolute perfect location to host our reception/sangeet (150 guests) in Flushing, Queens. Ebony provided stellar service from our initial contact (ten months before the event) thru to the evening of our event. We must have... Read More exchanged 1,000 emails with thoughts, questions, and inquiries and Ebony always responded quickly while accommodating as many of our unusual requests! Additionally, she was fine with scheduling over five site visits with our vendors to address any questions or concerns for our event (she even attending each meeting herself and worked with many of our vendor’s specific needs). Furthermore, many of our vendors (DJ, food, bar, tables/chairs, lighting, etc.) came in in at different times for drop-offs/pickups but Ebony did her best to work with us to make it all work! She also assisted us in securing 5 wait staff and a bartender two weeks before the event (we were impressed by the service they provided). What a team player! The garden and grounds were clean and manicured to perfection when we all arrived for the event. Having a parking lot just two blocks down from the garden for our guests was a real advantage with such limited parking in Flushing. I am so grateful for the QBG’s staff and Ebony as the manager for the extraordinary and special service they provided for all our friends and family. My wife and I would highly recommend working with the QBG staff and Ebony for your future wedding events!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Kennesha H

Queens Botanical Garden was the absolute perfection location to host our wedding ceremony. Ebony provided stellar service from our initial contact thru to the day of our event. Because we were rained in, we'll have to return another day to do our wedding photography; which is... Read More terrific that I have that as an option. I am grateful to QBG and Ebony for the exceptional service.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Allison e

not only is this venue absolutely gorgeous but ebony and crew is the best! so easy to work with and super fun! i am so happy we got to celebrate our special day here

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Jackie A

We absolutely loved the Queens Botanical Garden! The garden space was so beautiful for the ceremony and all of our pictures came out wonderfully! Ebony was very helpful and easy to work with too!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Caroline C

From beginning to end this location was perfect for us. Our friends and family from New Jersey, Manhattan and Long Island were able to get here easily by car and public transport. We were looking for a 'park feel' without having to drive miles away or spend lots of money on the... Read More venue. We thought we wanted something small - afraid a bigger wedding would be costly but the QBG was so affordable we ended up having almost 100 people without breaking the bank. We fell in love with the whole venue as soon as we saw it and used it all - the wedding garden which could not be any more perfect, the terrace for cocktails, the auditorium and we set up a tent on the lawn. The staff get 10 stars. We had no idea how chaotic the day of would be. Ebony and her team went above and beyond, working with our coordinator to make sure everything went smoothly. We had no idea before the big day that they could or would help as much as they did. On our wedding day, it was clear everything was in good hands and we were able to relax and enjoy our day. I would like to get married at the gardens every year if I could!

Beautiful in May, Responsive contact

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Debby U

I was very impressed with how Claire continually answered all of my questions in a timely manner. I was planning this wedding from a different state, and the fact that the contact from QBG responded to my emails so rapidly was so helpful! The day was a bit hot and a little... Read More cloudy, but it wasn't rainy, so I never got to see the indoor location. However, the outside location was gorgeous and flowering. They even let us go in early to set up, because there wasn't a party before us. The only big problem is that I didn't see a good spot to stand before the wedding that was out of sight of the groom. I wound up standing behind some trees, but my groom later told me he had actually seen me. Ah well. Made for gorgeous photos. Also, they provided tables, chairs, and a PA system at a very reasonable price, so there was no worry about needing to get another company to drop off rental chairs, etc. The indoor location meant I didn't have to rent a tent in the event of rain. Overall, this location worked out really well. Afterwords, me, my husband, and the photographers drove over to the unisphere for some gorgeous shots before the banquet, so the location was amazing.

Outdoor wedding

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Mina P

This is a beautiful wedding venue in the spring/summer. It is extremely affordable and simple

Meet The Manager

Ebony Wiggins

I welcome you to visit to see why so many couples have chosen Queens Botanical Garden to host their wedding day! A local Queens resident myself, I find the Garden has so much to offer as a backdrop, a ceremonial spot, a reception area. Come check out the Wedding Garden, the Main Garden, the Terrace, and more. Let’s chat about the possibilities for your special day festivities at QBG, conveniently located in the heart of Queens—the “world’s borough” !