Rabbi Cantor Marie Betcher

Texas and all surrounding states. Destination weddings.

Rabbi, Cantor, Opera Singer creating joy & love!

Rabbi Cantor Betcher is honored to Officiate weddings, both Jewish, Secular and Interfaith (including with Clergy of other Faith Traditions). She is also blessed to Officiate LGBTQ weddings. She has served congregations across the country, gaining a wide and varied experience throughout her pulpit career. She serves as Chaplain for Cedar Park Police and Fire Departments. She also serves the Austin Police Department as Chaplain. Rabbi Betcher has served both Conservative and Reform Jewish congregations around the country. Congregations from 80 families to 1500 families, she has been blessed to officiate weddings and provide premarital counseling since 1988. She relishes creating weddings filled with love, laughter, and joy! She works with each couple to create the perfect ceremony!

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

Texas and all surrounding states. Destination weddings. (512) 585-2895
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Laura B

All of our guests have been talking for the past few days about how beautiful and lovely our ceremony was. Rabbi Betcher made sure the ceremony was personalized and made a few jokes about the incredibly cold weather we had for our outdoor wedding. She performed havdala before... Read More our ketubah signing and gave us a special blessing before the ceremony. She also helped to lead our readers through their reading of the English translation of the seven blessings. We have been so happy for the past few days about our wedding and wedding weekend. Rabbi Betcher was an important part of that and helped contribute to a perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Rob S

We were looking - more like scouring - for the perfect officiant to marry my wife and me. We are non-denominational, and we were struggling to find someone who, based on their web-persona, fit us. My wife found Rabbi Betcher, and they immediately hit it off. In our two meetings... Read More and numerous emails, she learned more about us than I would have imagined possible. Her astuteness, empathy, love, humor and flexibility made our lives, and thus the planning of the most important moment of our lives to that point, easier than easy. Rabbi Betcher wove into the tapestry of our ceremony the smallest, though poignant, details from our conversations to make our ceremony that much more meaningful. My wife said it best: "The wedding we wanted and dreamed of would not have been possible without her [Rabbi Betcher]." We are and will be eternally grateful to have found not only the best officiant for us, but more importantly a dear friend and newest member of our family.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Kelly M

We are so thankful to Rabbi Cantor Betcher for being able to officiate our wedding side by side our families Pastor of many years. It was important to my husband and I that we represent both religions during our ceremony, as it represented us, and when we found Rabbi Betcher it... Read More was a God send because she was more than happy to work with our Pastor! If you are interested in doing this kind of wedding I highly recommend asking her to do so. One thing I will note, at a Christian wedding we have our father give away the Bride at the altar, and in the Jewish religion they do not do this. If you are traditional like I am be sure to ask her to add this into your ceremony, because it is not natural to their tradition and this got left out :( She sang beautifully during the ceremony, and was more than happy to add/remove/do as little or as much Judaism or Christianity that we wanted (except use the term Jesus of course). It was so easy. Lastly, she traveled all the way to a very remote location (our families ranch) and did so happily. It is NOT easy to find a Rabbi/Cantor that will be so flexible like this, so we highly highly recommend her. Thanks again Rabbi Betcher!

2017-05-16T12:25:00 Response from the vendor

Dearest Kelly! Thank you so much for the review! Unfortunately the thing that was left out was not communicated to me by the pastor nor had we ever discussed it. You can be certain I will make sure when I work with another Christian Clergy... Read Less Read More

Rabbi Cantor Marie Betcher

Ordained Rabbi and Cantor Officiates Jewish, Interfaith, Secular, LGBTQ, and Officiates with Clergy of other faiths. Joyfully creates each ceremony and fulfills couples every desire! Proud to incorporate Jewish and Christian traditions in a wedding. Officiates traditional Jewish weddings to interfaith and secular weddings combining the best of both traditions. As of Cantor and opera singer the added gift and joy of music in a wedding can add beautiful moments to your ceremony!