Rabbi Dennis Tobin - Interfaith Clergy Associates

(14)

Serving Greater NY, NYC, NJ, NJ

Rabbi Dennis Tobin - Interfaith Clergy Associates

Denomination

Catholic, Christian, Civil Marriage, Interfaith, Jewish, Non-Denominational/Secular, Premarital Counseling

Serving Greater NY, NYC, NJ, NJ

"Your Rabbi" and your psychiatrist

Reviewed on 2/03/2015 Marion P

Rabbi Tobin was great pre-wedding. With all of the issues that arise with interfaith wedding, he was there. He definitely likes to ham it up during the ceremony which may or may no appeal/not appeal to certain people, but to me the pre-wedding advice, support, easy phone call was so amazing. Not only is he "your rabbi", he's also your counselor/psychiatrist as you go through the potential turmoils of interfaith wedding planning.

A great fit!

Reviewed on 3/09/2014 Brooke B

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Rabbi Tobin on our wedding. He was responsive, friendly and extremely professional. Not only did he conduct an amazing ceremony but his experience helped us with our own planning process. In fact, his thoroughness saved us from ordering a custom made Ketubah that would have contained massive errors. We can't thank him enough for his guidance and care. -He really is your Rabbi!

Hilarious!

Reviewed on 6/30/2012 Jennifer B

Rabbi Tobin did a beautiful ceremony and people did not stop talking about the beauty and sophistication behind it. At the same time, it was not a stuffy speech, had a great sense of humor throughout it as well! When my nose was running from crying, he was prepared with a tissue. When my mom forgot the Ketubah at the hotel, he kept her calm and said no worries. He is a great man and we had a beautiful, memorable ceremony thanks to him!

A beautiful Interfaith Ceremony (Jewish + Catholic)

Reviewed on 3/18/2015 Daria H

When we first started searching for officiants, my husband and I were nervous as to how our desire to have an interfaith (Jewish + Catholic) wedding would play out. Luckily, we found Rabbi Tobin! He co-officiated our interfaith (Jewish + Catholic) wedding at the Princeton University chapel in June, and it was a spectacular event! From the first time we reached out to him, it was clear that Rabbi Tobin was both experienced in interfaith weddings, and able to hold the attention of a crowd! He helped to connect us with our Deacon co-officiant, and they worked closely together to make sure that our ceremony was exactly what we wanted, with a strong mix of both Jewish and Catholic elements, and truly representative of our relationship and love story. Our family and friends all commented on how warm and fun the ceremony seemed -- not stuffy or overly formal -- as well as on how meaningful it was. Rabbi Tobin was very responsive and helpful throughout the wedding planning process as well, offering hints and help for finding out Ketubah, the marriage license process, and more. He was also extremely prepared, with all of the elements needed to pull off a flawless ceremony.

Rabbi Tobin is THE ONE!

Reviewed on 1/04/2015

When my temple of 20 years was not able to accommodate me, I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to experience a meaningful ceremony. 3 separate families recommended Rabbi Tobin.....There is no way to express my appreciation and gratitude to Rabbi Tobin for top-notch preparation and ceremony. He crafted the ceremony to reflect the individuality of my family, and continued to suggest ways to make it better and more personalized. Never once did we feel like we were on an "assembly line" which can happen when large congregations have so many to officiate. He guided us through a meaningful process, and never once did we feel overwhelmed. During the ceremony, Rabbi Tobin lightened the moment with a splash of humor, then captivated my family and friends with the the meaning of the day. Rabbi Tobin will be the first name that I will recommend and call upon for future events.

Rabbi Dennis Tobin

Reviewed on 12/08/2014

Rabbi Tobin was very helpful from our first meeting in helping us plan for our big day, all the way through getting us our marriage certificates. He has a great personality, is available and professional. My wife and I could not have asked for a better ceremony. Rabbi Tobin exceeded our expectations and we recommend him highly.

It was a great ceremony!

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Sara L

Rabbi Tobin is very friendly and prepared. We told him what we wanted and didn't want, and he gave us a great ceremony. Our guests loved him! He has a great sense of humor, and made the ceremony fun and meaningful. He came recommended and we would definitely recommend him.

Highly recommend Rabbi Tobin

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Marissa E

Rabbi Tobin married my husband and me this past summer. We had seen Rabbi Tobin marry friends of ours at a wedding two years prior. His ceremony is engaging, warm, and personal. Your guests will understand each part of a Jewish ceremony while enjoying themselves immensely. Our guests (Jewish and ofother faiths) are still talking about how much they loved our ceremony. Rabbi Tobin meets with you a few times before at a location convenient for you. He lets you personalize your ceremony and will spend time with you answering any questions you may have. He has been preforming ceremonies for many years and is not only great at what he does, but knows many vendors. He offered me many suggestions that ended up being quite helpful (i.e. what hotels would be great for my guests to stay at, favors, invites, etc). I have friends who used Rabbi Tobin for interfaith weddings and they were very happy with their ceremonies as well. Also, he is great about answering calls, texts, and e-mails about any questions big or small. I highly recommend Rabbi Tobin!

Great Choice!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Jodi R

Rabbi Tobin is one of a kind. His kindness and sense of humor is exactly what is needed to defuse the stressors of an interfaith wedding. He concentrates on details, not the cost!!! A true gentleman!!!

A wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Elina T

Rabbi Tobin was the perfect officiant on our wedding day. He was responsive to our desires and always just a phone call away. I'd recommend him to anyone who needs a Rabbi for their special events.

Amazing ceremony & support!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Tabitha L

Rabbi Tobin was the officiant for our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with how the ceremony turned out. I’m catholic, my husband is Jewish, neither of us is very religious and we were struggling with how we should handle our wedding ceremony. Someone suggested Rabbi Tobin to us, at first we didn’t think we wanted a Rabbi for our ceremony, but I decided to give him a call anyway. After our first conversation I knew that he had to marry us! I was pretty stressed about some of the early wedding planning details and Rabbi Tobin put my mind to ease and made me laugh! He took the time to actually get to know us and our relationship. He really gave me some of the best advice regarding dealing with our families and how to keep everyone happy. His best line for any tricky conversation was “The rabbi says...”, which quickly turned into our favorite saying. As much as I loved our ceremony I think the support he offered during our wedding planning was the best part. However, our ceremony was amazing! He gave us exactly what we wanted and made it so memorable. He had beautiful words to say to us that he wasn’t just reading out of a book, and kept us and the whole audience laughing. He understood that my husband and I weren’t very religious and managed to make the perfect blend of traditions that made both of our families and us happy. We had so many people approach us after the wedding to tell us how much they loved the ceremony. It was definitely my favorite part of the day too! He was really the perfect choice for us and I would highly recommend him.

Rabbi Tobin is fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Irina V

Rabbi Dennis Tobin was an absolute pleasure to have officiate our wedding. Our ceremony was personal and emotional, but very light-hearted and entertaining at the same time. All of our guests noticed this and continued to compliment us about this all evening. Our day was running late and Rabbi Tobin did an amazing job keeping everyone calm and relaxed and incorporating our ketubah signing into the ceremony effortlessly, even though it wasn't planned in advance. He made the entire process so easy and I really enjoyed chatting with him over the phone prior to the wedding. I highly recommend Rabbi Tobin to all future bride and grooms!

He was wonderful

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Rabbi Tobin made my husband and myself feel very much at peace even through all the hustle and bustle! We never got the chance to meet him in person since we lived 3 hours away but had the wedding in NJ but got to skype with him and have long phone conversations! On the day of, he was wonderful. we did the run through and the ceremony was beautiful. I felt relaxed and loved by everyone :) No problems! Thanks again Rabbi Tobin!

He's the expert!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Amy L

Rabbi Tobin really knows his stuff. You have nothing to worry about if you go with him - honestly, he will take over the show and run with it. Your only job as bride, groom, attendants, guests, is to sit back and take the ride with him. PROS: Because Rabbi Tobin has been such a successful officiant, he has a whole package that he can offer you. He has different ceremony options depending on how religious/not religious you are. He is very comfortable conducting interfaith weddings and offers to co-officiate with another officiant, should you have one. If you want to take what he has and completely redesign it, you can (which we did). He is very flexible in that sense. He also has great ketubah discount codes that you can use at the major Ketubah vendors (we went with ketubah.com). I recommend calling him directly as he is very responsive via phone. He is a man that has a wealth of information about weddings and life, in general! Definitely listen to what he has to say - because honestly, the man is rarely wrong. Our ceremony was wonderful - funny, entertaining, and just the right amount of time. When you get up to the alter, your mind goes blank. However, Rabbi Tobin is there to direct your every move. CONS: The honorarium fee is a bit high. Luckily, my in-laws helped me out with it. However, you get what you pay for - and Rabbi Tobin was truly quality! For budget conscious brides, this is something to keep in mind. Additionally, be prepared to take the ride with him. I was a control freak bride, so it was hard for me to "let go" of the process at first, but honestly, Rabbi Tobin knew best!

Send Email