Rachael Foster Photography

Based in Indianapolis, serving the Midwest and East Coast

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Based in Indianapolis, serving the Midwest and East Coast (231) 392-2443

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Martha B

As soon as we had our initial call with Rachael, my husband and I knew we wanted to work with her for our wedding. A quick call turned into a 45 minute conversation about not only photography and our wedding, but also shared interests and experiences in the Washington DC area.... Read More Neither my husband nor I are naturally comfortable in front of a camera, but Rachael really made us feel at ease while being photographed during our engagement shoot, which was part of the package we selected. She was able to work within our budget and was incredibly responsive and helpful as we planned out where we wanted to take photos on the day of our wedding (we did a first look in Old Town, Alexandria VA followed by ceremony and reception at the Torpedo Factory). Rachael made the day of photography process and fun, special, and exciting for everyone involved (including a large family and fairly rowdy wedding party) while taking very excellent photos. She was able to handle the logistics of juggling a big group of people around Alexandria while also effortlessly dealing with some last minute surprises and changes in plans due to weather and public space closures without showing any signs of stress, which really kept us feeling calm! Rachael is professional but also fun and captures amazing photographs without feeling intrusive. Working with her felt like a very natural and seamless part of our wedding day and we wouldn't want to have worked with anyone else!

2016-11-01T18:52:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for all these kind words! I absolutely loved being part of your wedding day. I definitely felt a connection with you two from the beginning as well, and I am so glad I was able to capture your relationship and your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Rimas F

Through my time in taking part of creating life long memories, I have never met anyone quite as extraordinary as Rachel. Not only that she is a professional photographer, she is a warm, friendly and kind person, trying to perfect herself in what seems every step. She is... Read More organized and it makes the task of working with her so much easier. I was impressed how natural and at ease everyone felt around Rachel. If needed, she gave just the right directions for the clients to relax and enjoy their day, all the while being calm and focused and laid back as well. As for working with Rachel it was a true pleasure sharing ideas and visions with a lifestyle photography professional. RimasFilms was humbled and privileged to be acquainted with Rachel Foster photography.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Heather G

We are so lucky to have hired Rachael! She made our engagement photo session such fun, had the perfect artistic eye for the two locations at which we shot, and even put up with our dog through most of it. Our pictures turned out wonderfully. We were thrilled to continue working... Read More with Rachael for our wedding. She went above and beyond for us. She was well-prepared in the weeks leading up to the wedding -- which I very much appreciated as a big planner. The week before our wedding she met us to plan a wonderful walk through Old Town, which we were ultimately unable to take advantage of due to weather. Despite the cold/rain, she was fully ready to keep our old plan, and when we made the call to stay mostly indoors, was flexible and able to capture gorgeous photos despite our limited options. She was always organized, ensured we got all of the shots that were important to us, and made handling family/wedding party look easy. She kept everyone relaxed and moving, and was a welcome addition to the girls getting ready. Her assistants were a pleasure to work with, too. I am so looking forward to cherishing her work for many, many years. We would highly recommend her for any formal photography needs!

Capturing my daughter's wedding by Rachael Foster

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

I was extremely impressed with Rachael's photography for my daughter's wedding. When I heard from my daughter that her photographer will be 6 months pregnant, I was very hesitant and tried to have her look for another photographer, but my daughter felt good about her and said I... Read More am going to trust her and feel very good about her. And indeed Rachael was not slowed down by her pregnancy and performed the best way possible. She is very thoughtful, kind and looked beautiful as a photographer and fit in to the New Year's Eve wedding and loved her calmness and manners while she captured the most beautiful moments at the wedding. I highly recommend her for anyone who is looking for a best photographer in town!!! Thank you Rachael!

Worth the search

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

After meeting 4-5 photographers that we really didn't like, we were fortunate to be introduced to Rachael. After meeting so many duds, we didn't set our expectation very high. Well it was worth the wait and the searching. My wife and I clicked with Rachel from the start and... Read More were very impressed with her professionalism and thoughtfulness. And to no surprise, the pictures turned out amazing. Of all the vendors at our wedding, Rachel is by far the one that stood out. I would strongly recommend her.

Absolutely Loved Rachael!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Abby R

Rachael was our wedding photographer (along side a second photographer, Shane, who was hired by Rachael) and she was brilliant! She had never been to our venue before (on a farm in Loudoun County, VA) and was so professional and arrived early to scout out the best areas for our... Read More photos with family, party members, and my husband and me. She paid great attention to detail throughout the entire process of our wedding, including the planning stages (which spanned over 14 months). She has a great eye for lighting and making sure that your photos end up exactly how you'd like them. She even brought an assistant with her whom was very helpful with minor makeup glitches and slight lighting changes. With Rachael you have a variety of options for what you will get out of a photo package, and we opted for the mid-price range option of 2 photographers for 8 hours with the rights to our photos for private usage, without all the hastle and hubbub of albums (which we prefer to put together ourselves). Many of our guests pointed out (unprompted) after the wedding that they loved the photographers' attention to detail and delightful personalities. Rachael really seems to care about the couples she photographs and wants your day to be special and memorable - she was amazing!

Really captured the spirit!

Reviewed on 12/09/2013

We called Rachel on the recommendation of a friend, another professional photographer. We were exceptionally pleased with the result. Not only is Rachel exceptionally pleasant to deal with, she truly captured the spirit of the day. Small things, like photos of the venue's many... Read More unique features, and wonderful photos of our friends and family, allow us to look back and feel all the excitement and joy of our day. More than one guest commented similarly when they see the pictures. We are very, very pleased with Rachel's work and we highly recommend her.

2013-12-10T08:46:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I'm so glad I could capture all the details and the joy of your friends and family too. It was such a happy day!

AMAZING D.C. WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Sarah B

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding Rachel was shooting. I myself was to be married a few months later in Florida, so I was acutely aware of all the little details, including the photography. I was SO IMPRESSED by Rachel!!!! She was so patient with our large bridal party, but was... Read More able to get the shots she needed in a quick amount of time so as not to interfere with the days events. We recently received the photos from that day and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can't say enough good things about her work!!!!! THANK YOU RACHEL!!!!!!

2013-10-28T08:16:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed the wedding party portraits--you were all fantastic to work with, and I had a great time. I hope your wedding was wonderful, and I look forward to seeing you again in DC!

Great!

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Bridget S

Rachael did a fabulous job with my friends wedding. The bride was happy and pleased and that is all that ever matters!!

2013-10-28T08:15:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you all enjoyed the photography.

FABULOUS Photography!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013

Rachael Foster Photography is fabulous. We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos! Rachael is results! She captures your day in a way that makes it feel alive again on paper. She has a fabulous artistic eye. Her personality is a perfect fit for chaos and... Read More unpredictability that every wedding day contains. She adapts with ease to whatever circumstance arise. She's organized and incredibly hard working. She catches the kind of moments you dream of capturing. And - on top of all her talent, she is just the sweetest!

2013-10-09T12:36:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I'm so happy you love your photos, and I really appreciate all the wonderful things you've shared.

Mother of the groom

Reviewed on 10/07/2013

Rachael did a fabulous job with our son and daughter -in-law's wedding. The pictures turned out beautifully.

2013-10-09T12:36:28 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad you love the photos. It was such a pleasure to work with your family!

Rachael Foster / Becky& Micah Horgen Wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

Rachael was wonderful. She was very positive and flexible. The pictures are beautiful!! She captured the anticipation, the love, the sacredness, the beauty and the joy of the day!!

2013-10-09T12:37:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! I had a great time with you and all of the other wedding party members. It was such a beautiful and joyful day!

A+ for Rachael Foster

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

Rachael was fantastic. She made things fun for my groomsmen and me during the "men only" portion of the picture taking process. What I was most appreciative of was her ability to make things relaxed and light hearted yet stay focused and on point herself. She captured all the... Read More picture combos I wanted and had the creativity to snap some added shots and candids that are irreplaceable and truly captured the moments brilliantly. As I look back on the wedding day, I am so happy we chose Rachael to photograph our wedding. My wife and I couldn't be happier with the pictures and the overall experience of working with such a talented person!

2013-10-09T12:38:03 Response from the vendor

I'm glad we could keep things fun and relaxed for you and the guys. You were really a fantastic group to work with--I enjoyed your wedding so much.

Bekah

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

Rachael was awesome to work with! She was great with the wedding party, had a lot of fun with us and made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera to capture the real personalities behind the day, rather then a forced "wedding day smile". There are so many awesome... Read More pictures, it's hard to choose which to print!!

2013-10-09T12:38:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Bekah1 You all were fantastic to work with as well. Hope to see you again soon!

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Ashley b

I spent a long time trying to find the perfect photography and am so grateful to have found Rachael! She was very flexible in meeting with me to discuss and plan the wedding day and extremely fast in responding to my emails. She was definitely patient with me (someone who waits... Read More until last minute to do everything)! Rachael is incredibly sweet and has great ideas, while also being open to what you have in mind on your day. On the day of, I didn't have to do anything. She knew exactly what to do, where to go, and even came early to scope out the venue to make sure we had the best shots. Rachael covered it all: the little details, the big picture, all the decorations, candids of the guests, and every angle of every event. She captured every moment perfectly and was especially easy to work with during the wedding party photos. When I received the final product, I can't explain how happy I was! They were amazing and every moment was perfectly captured and defined. There was nothing missing. The only hard part now is narrowing down the ones to print since they are all wonderful. We received almost 1000 edited pictures and her pricing is really reasonable! To sum, my husband and I are so happy that we had the chance to work with Rachael and would recommend her to anyone!

2013-10-09T12:40:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Ashley! I'm so glad you love your photos, and I really appreciate all these kind words. You planned such a beautiful wedding--I was happy to capture every moment.

IMPRESSIVE, GORGEOUS, TIMELESS PHOTOS!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Becky S

Rachael’s work is amazing! She is not only a photographer and a photojournalist but truly a talented artist. Rachael was able to capture the love and emotions and excitement of everyone involved in our wedding and let it shine through each one of our thousands of pictures. From... Read More my bridal shoot to the entire wedding day, the photos are uniquely stunning. She is a joy to work with and is bursting with ideas! As a bride who worked hard to plan a beautiful day, it’s been the most unexpected gift to have found the perfect photographer to capture every moment and turn it into a breathtaking, timeless collection of memories. The final product has blown me away and allowed my husband and I to relive our magical wedding day. Thank you Rachael for sharing your time and your talents with us!

2013-10-09T12:41:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Becky! Working with you, Micah, and your families was totally my treat. From your bridal photos to your last dance--there were so many beautiful moments. I feel really lucky to have been your photographer!

Grand Haven Wedding

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

Rachael took really good pictures, and really did a great job of capturing the day. Every time that we look at our wedding pictures, we enjoy them more than the last time. Also, Rachael has a good eye for what will look good in a picture, and she did a nice job of directing the... Read More bridal party to look natural.

2013-10-09T12:42:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! I'm glad I was able to capture your wedding day in a natural and beautiful way. I hope you enjoy your photos for years and years to come!

Scott W.

Reviewed on 9/25/2013

My wife and I used Rachael for both our wedding and engagement photos. The pictures for both were fantastic. For the engagement photos, she was very accommodating, allowing us to drag her throughout Old Town Alexandria for pictures in different locations. It was more of the... Read More same for the wedding. Overall, you couldn't find a photographer with a better combination of service and high quality pictures. We found her to be a very good value as we did plenty of research prior to deciding on Rachael. We were very happy with our choice and have recommended her to friends and family in need of a photographer.

2013-09-26T11:47:12 Response from the vendor

Scott, thanks so much for the kind words! I absolutely loved working with you and Amy, and it was my pleasure to get gorgeous photos of you in Old Town. I still think back on your wedding day fondly, and I love hearing from the... Read Less Read More

Fantastic and Fun experience!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Caitlin R

Rachael photographed my wedding two weeks ago and I absolutely loved her! She made me feel instantly comfortable. She was open to any picture suggestions I had and just went with the flow. Her partner Shane that came with her was just as fantastic! They helped take away the... Read More nerves and we all just had so much fun! I highly recommend Rachael to anyone looking for a fantastic photographer!

2013-09-26T11:49:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for sharing this! We had a great time at your wedding, and you two should seriously consider a modeling career! :) Your love and happiness made every photo shine. I was thrilled to capture your wedding day.

Melissa Gilbert

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Melissa M

Rachael's photography was great for my husband and I. In searching for photographers, we met with Rachael to get a feel if she was the right photographer for us. Upon our initial meeting and looking at her work, she was very professional, and wanted to learn more about us and... Read More what kind of photography we imagined for our wedding. Prior to and during the wedding, Rachel's service was impeccable. She was very flexible in rescheduling her hours to photograph us, as I had a last minute hiccup with our venue. Also, my husband really enjoyed all the personal touches she put into the photos. From the beer my husband brewed, to the wedding cake, Rachael did a fantastic job touching on all the little important pieces of our wedding. Overall, she gave us a lot of lee way in what we wanted to include, and at times she was able to guide us on what to do, as we were both very indecisive. After the wedding, she followed up with a thank you note, and a personalized USB holder case, with our photo on the front, which we did not expect, and made me realize how she cared about the details The quality of the photos for the overall price, was fantastic. When we looked at the photos, they were beautiful, and I would have chosen her again. She made a rainy day look like it was absolutely a beautiful day to have a wedding. Some other great things about the service, was Rachael also reached out to blogs to post our photos, and we definitely got in one. I thought that was nice, to one show how great our wedding was, but also to show off the great photography. She also met with us several times, free of charge, just to talk about details, and any doubts we had. Overall, she was great! I know many photographers have two photographers per wedding, but she did a great job, and I feel like she covered everything two photographers would have captured as well.

2013-09-20T13:00:09 Response from the vendor

Melissa, Thanks so much for sharing about your wedding photography! I loved helping you and Steve create your photography schedule and adjust it for those last minute changes you mentioned :) You never know what might happen on your wedding day--rain, schedule changes, and more--but... Read Less Read More

Rachael's Enthusiasm & Candid Shots are Priceless!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Dominique T

From engagement pictures to the wedding day, Rachael captured so many new memories for us! She was so much fun to work with, and we loved the candid photos she took. We could tell from the engagement pictures, that we had chosen the right photographer, and couldn't wait for our... Read More wedding day. Her enthusiasm, and creativity on our big day were evident in our pictures. She took on the task of submitting our wedding photos to the Bridal Guide! I would highly recommend Rachael Foster Photography to any bride to be!

2013-09-20T12:50:36 Response from the vendor

Dominique, thank you so much for these kind words. You and Travis were so much fun and so easy to work with. I loved every minute of your beautiful engagement session in the country and your fun and lovely wedding day. Your joy and happiness... Read Less Read More

We love Rachael!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Alyson P

Rachael Foster did an amazing job as our wedding photographer! She was able to catch all the little moments, and the big ones too. She made us feel so at ease knowing that our wedding day would be captured in the best way possible. She made sure to photograph all the little... Read More details that I worked so hard to include in our big day. I look back on our photos and smile at how gorgeous the photographs turned out and how well Rachael captured every single emotion of the day. My favorite photographs are the ones she took of us in front of Iwo Jima Memorial. We will cherish those and all of our other photos for years and years to come. Thank you, Rachael, for helping us preserve our memories of the most important day of our lives!

2013-09-20T12:54:25 Response from the vendor

Alyson, You and Greg were so fantastic! I loved, loved, loved your wedding and the two of you. Not only were you a beautiful couple, but you were super fun throughout every step of the planning and the wedding day. And you welcomed me into... Read Less Read More

Talent to truly Capture the Day

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 REBECCA B

I have loved my wedding photos since day one but as time passes I cherish them more and more. Rachael captured that perfect wedding party pose and the romantic couple shots but she also captured the whole day! On our one year anniversary we spent time reminiscing about the day... Read More and I felt as if I relived every moment, from intimate moments with my husband, enjoying time with bridesmaids and catching up with all the quests. I don’t know how she did it all on her own but she captures every moment and made the whole atmosphere tangible. I noticed all reviews for Rachael Foster Photography are 5 stars so far, but don’t be skeptical 5 Stars is an understatement.

2013-09-20T12:47:27 Response from the vendor

Rebecca, Your wedding was so beautiful and unique! You and Collin really made it yours, and that was so special for me and all your guests. I'm thrilled to know that your photos have only grown more precious in the past year. You two were... Read Less Read More

Five Stars for Rachael Foster Photography

Reviewed on 1/28/2013 Debbee K

With her artistic eye and natural talent, Rachael captures every moment in a beautiful frame. She is helpful, flexible and most importantly, is a fun member to have as part of your wedding party all day long! I enjoyed looking at my wedding photos almost as much as I enjoyed my... Read More wedding day! I highly recommend Rachael for engagement and wedding photos

2013-09-20T13:01:46 Response from the vendor

Debbee--you truly have a talent for creating beauty wherever you go! Your wedding details were gorgeous, and you pulled everything together in just a few months! I was so happy to capture that day for you, Adam, and your families. The joy and love in... Read Less Read More

Awesome pictures!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Jennifer S

Rachael was very helpful with making decisions related to when to take pictures and where. It was very rushed before the ceremony but she stayed calm and was very professional. She took fabulous pictures and when I saw some of the highlights I was so amazed at the pictures! They... Read More are gorgeous! She did a great job throughout the night and was always there to help with questions and ideas! I highly recommend her for your photographer!

2013-09-20T13:07:09 Response from the vendor

Jen, Thanks so much for your kind words. You and Tim are definitely an awesome couple--I'm glad the photos captured your personalities so well! All of your unique and personal touches throughout the ceremony and reception added meaning and fun to everything. I'm so glad... Read Less Read More