Professional, Traveling Makeup Artist

Congratulations on your engagement and hank you for considering Rachel Toussaint Makeup Artistry to be apart of such an important time in your life! Rachel Toussaint Makeup Artistry offers on-site, professional makeup services to brides in the Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts area. To contact or to receive a quote, please visit racheltoussaintmakeup.com.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Connecticut, New York, & Massachusetts (443) 528-7429
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Alexa P

Look no further for your hair & makeup artist! Rachel is extremely talented and an absolute pleasure to work with. She did the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, moms, and myself at my June wedding and everyone was thrilled with her work. She was such a wonderful presence on my... Read More wedding day and is organized, easy to communicate with, and extremely professional. I would highly recommend her, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Christian A

Rachel did makeup for me and my bridesmaids for my wedding in June and I cannot say enough good things about her! Everything from the trial to the morning of was stress-free and perfect. She listened to the look/feel I wanted and executed it beautifully. Her amazing work made me... Read More feel so confident on the most important day of my (and my Husband's) life. I have 4 sisters and I'm sure they will all be using her in the future. She is truly AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

2016-08-22T10:58:02 Response from the vendor

I am so glad your wedding day was everything you wanted it to be! Thank you for putting your trust in me on such an important day.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Deven L

What can I say, Rachel nailed it! I reached out to a friend of mine and he said that his sister and law does makeup for bridal events. I had reached out to Rachel and she was very responsive in a timely manner and asked for exactly what I wanted. I was getting my makeup done for... Read More a wedding I had attended and she was able to get exactly what I had wanted. I let her do what she wanted and she had a lot of fun doing what she wanted. It was also done in a timely manner, she didn't rush her work but she also didn't take an exceeding amount of time to do it. It was perfect and everything about the experience was great.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Diane P

Rachel did an absolutely beautiful job on my bridal makeup! She really listened to what I wanted, and was flexible with location and start time for the day of. Her makeup really held up and stayed beautifully all day too. She can do a natural look or a glammed up look, and... Read More really knows how to enhance your natural features. She did makeup for my mother and bridesmaids as well, and everyone was so happy with her work. She is very sweet and very professional. I would HIGHLY recommend Rachel Toussaint Makeup Artistry!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Beata H

I absolutely LOVED having Rachel & her assistant Gabbi as part of our wedding in September. Even though it was a lot of girls (five bridesmaids and two moms and me!) and we had to be ready for 12:15, she never once made me feel like it was overwhelming and was so professional &... Read More amazing that I wasn’t ever worried about running late. They were at my parents’ house at the crack of dawn and somehow got all the hair & makeup done in 5 hours—and everyone looked so beautiful! Rachel was able to translate exactly what I wanted from a few photos and a description that was mostly, “not too much, not too little, just natural-looking”. She is a miracle worker—Rachel has such a wonderful, artistic eye. I felt so beautiful the entire day. If we could get married again tomorrow I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to hire Rachel. On a more practical note, Rachel traveled over an hour to make it to the house for 7am and her online invoicing system made things so easy for everyone—the morning of the wedding was so blissfully simple. She was so responsive to emails and so easy to get in touch with. I am so happy that Rachel and I found each other! I could not have picked a better makeup artist, and I wish I had more occasions to need one.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Corri R

Rachel is an amazing makeup/hair artist, with the added bonus of being a joy to be around. She is professional (quick to respond, customer centric, and knowledgeable with color pallets and style ideas), patient, and positive. She executed hair and makeup for myself, MOH, mother,... Read More and mother in-law, all of us have different length hair, hair types, and makeup comfort levels (from wanting very minimal coverage, to wanting the works). She nailed everything. Rachel, it was a pleasure having you be part of my wedding day memories and I felt absolutely beautiful because of your work. Thank you for making the morning of the wedding stress free and fun. I would highly recommend Rachel for any event.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Alyssa J

I got married on July 3, 2016 and I had a pretty big wedding party. Rachel made sure that every single girl in my wedding party was taken care of. She never once made me feel like it would be a struggle to get all of my girls' hair and makeup done in a reasonable time frame. She... Read More is absolutely amazing, from my wedding trial to the day of, she made sure everything was exactly what I wanted in terms of hair and makeup. She came very early to my parents house and made sure it went smoothly. She and Gabi took their time with each girl including myself. So many guests gave compliments of how natural each girl looked and loved everyone's hair. I could not be happier to have picked Rachel to take care of myself and my bridal party on my special day!! Very professional, personable, fun, nice, and extremely easy to work with! Thank you again, Rachel!!!

2016-08-23T12:06:21 Response from the vendor

My assistant and I truly enjoyed your company. Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016

If you're looking for event or wedding day hair and makeup, look no further! Rachel is fabulously talented and best of all she comes to you! It was really important to me not to be running here, there, and the other place on my wedding day. I had received several salon quotes,... Read More all who charged exorbitant fees for coming to the house my family was renting, and some of whom pressured me into getting both hair and makeup done with them. Rachel's business is a la carte, so you choose the services you need. And it's based around being on location, so she had the perfect setup for coming to us. I was able to sip a mimosa with my bridesmaids in the comfort of our rental home! My mom, sister, and I all loved our hair and makeup and received so many compliments. Rachel is talented and professional while still remaining down-to-earth--just what any bride would want on her wedding day!

2016-08-22T10:56:07 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure! Thank you for such a lovely review.

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Hayley B

My wedding was 2 weeks ago, and Rachel helped make the day relaxing and as beautiful as I had envisioned! I LOVED my make-up and received so many compliments. Rachel was so organized and easy to work with. She was very flexible with scheduling, both the day of and for the trial... Read More run! I asked her for a natural look, and everyone said my make-up was a 'more glamorous version of myself'. Her payment system was a breeze and nice to be able to pay online - you don't want to worry about paying ANOTHER person on that day! I have VERY sensitive eyes and she used high quality products that caused ZILCHO irritation. Would highly recommend her for any event!!

2016-03-12T09:37:31 Response from the vendor

It was so nice to meet you and spend time with you Hayley! You looked absolutely gorgeous!

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Katie B

Had Rachel do my hair for my wedding June 2014. Couldn't have been happier with the way it turned out! I was really stressed about how my hair would turn out but once we had our trial run the week before the big day I was no longer nervous! She came to my house for both the... Read More trial and the actual day. Definitely recommend her! She's awesome and does a great job!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015

Rachel is absolutely AMAZING! My mom and I had her during my sisters wedding and it was Rachels first time doing an Indian wedding and her work was FLAWLESS!! I have recommended her to so many of my friends and family. She is so sweet and down to earth, very professional, LOVED... Read More HER!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015

I had the privilege of getting my wedding hair and makeup done by Rachel, June 28, 2014. Rachel did a wonderful job of keeping my look natural (as requested) while at the same time highlighting my features and making me stand out. My makeup looked beautiful in person and in... Read More pictures. I was also amazed at how the makeup stayed on all day. I cried a lot before my wedding ceremony and kept checking to see if I had ruined my makeup. Thanks to Rachel's techniques and finishing spray my makeup stayed in place despite the tears. Rachel did an incredible job at my wedding and now with more experience under her belt I can only imagine what she is capable of. You will not regret hiring Rachel to do your wedding makeup! Bekah LaFata

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Kimberly S

Rachel made myself and my entire bridal party including the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom look our absolute best. She is gifted as an artist and has found a way to allow others to benefit from her gift. Our makeup and hair was done to perfection and it lasted... Read More the entire day. She came to my home for a trial run prior to the big day, which allowed me to be relaxed and comfortable the day of my wedding. She had wonderful suggestions and stayed true to the vision I had. She has a warm kind spirit that is a true pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Shyla N

Rachel did the makeup for me and my bridesmaids and it was a great experience! One of my favorite memories from the day was the peaceful, quiet moment getting my makeup done before everyone else got to the church. I was able to relax because I knew I was in good hands, and... Read More Rachel has such a warm and kind presence. I highly recommend hiring her for your big day!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Christina S

Rachel did my makeup and hair as well as the makeup of my entire bridal party. Her work lasted all day and looked especially wonderful in pictures :) I felt natural but glamorous at the same time! For my hair, Rachel created an up-do that I loved and stayed in all day. In... Read More addition to her fantastic work, Rachel is a pleasure to be with. To me this was important because she was with us for the entire morning and we had a blast laughing and enjoying the day with her :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Rachel did my makeup for my wedding and I couldn't be happier with how I looked on my special day. It was a wonderful and comfortable process from start to finish and Rachel was such a joy to work with. She did my makeup at my home so I was able to relax the morning of the... Read More wedding. I didn't want to look overdone at all and my finished look was natural and beautiful. I would recommend Rachel to anyone who wants to looks flawless on their big day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Rachel did my daughter's hair and makeup for both her first formal dance and for a portrait painting - both very different styles. She was great working with my teenager, with a winning personality. Her work was just gorgeous and left my girl feeling (and looking) like a... Read More beautiful princess! Thanks Rachel - you are wonderful!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Alexandra B

How can I possibly say enough great things about Rachel and her absolutely stunning talent? Her passion for doing high-quality work and making people feel beautiful in their own skin overflows and is evident in everything that she does. Rachel provided hair styling for my June... Read More wedding, and we were all completely elated with the work that she did. Not only did she put a great deal of time and attention into making sure that my hair (the Bride's!) was perfect, but she also gave equal love to the other three women in our bridal party and my mother. I gave her a great deal of freedom to style the bridal party's hair in a way that made them feel happy with the one request that their hair be at least partially down, and she delivered on each and every person while still respecting and reflecting their individual personalities. One woman had very short hair, another incredibly long hair, and the third very curly and sometimes difficult hair to work with. After she worked her magic, each and every one of them not only looked even more gorgeous than usual, but also felt wonderful about the way that they looked. On top of that, she gave my mother a classy, practical up-do that reflected her wish to stay cool in the hot June weather while still looking stylish. Rachel is calm, cool, and collected throughout the preparation process, always making sure that the Bride gets priority but never leaving anyone out or rushing them in any way. She's focused and attentive to everyone's individual needs and desires, and it shows in her work. I absolutely loved having Rachel's kind and supportive demeanor during the emotional roller coaster of getting ready to walk down the aisle! I cannot possibly recommend her highly enough. She is a wonderful artist and will absolutely leave you looking....and feeling....beautiful in every way.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Diana S

Finding a Makeup Artist or Hair Stylist is always a very delicate process. Trust is so vital in selection; I mean, you are literally putting your face in someone else's hands! Well as both an Event Stylist and client I trust no one more for makeup and styling than Rachel... Read More Marie. Rachel listens and begins with a great understanding of your wishes for your makeup style. Then she takes her expertise in skin care, product lines, color/styling trends, focusing on your particular assets and event, and creates a makeup look that exceeds your every expectation. What I particularly love about Rachel over other makeup artists I have hired for Events/Brides, as well as for myself, is that she isn't one note. She does not employ a technique just simply because it is trendy, nor does she create the same look over and over. Rachel Marie truly listens to the clients and their needs for that particular time and can achieve a wide range of looks for any age, skin type, occasion, etc. I had an event for which I was one of the Chairs and it was to be a very formal event with much publicity. Rachel achieved such a beautiful look that both met what I had envisioned for the evening and beyond. I felt beautiful, confident and ready for both the speaking that was required of me that evening, as well as the many photographs. The makeup selected felt light and yet I had the coverage necessary for a glamorous evening look, and long day into night. She has such a talent for selecting the appropriate color palette and applying products in a way that they don't feel heavy or uncomfortable. You feel like yourself, but better! Rather than some makeup experiences I have had in the past where one may feel like you're wearing a mask and don't quite feel like yourself. Also, her price points are very competitive and you will always feel you have received more than your money's worth. Finally, Rachel Marie is a delight. She herself, is beautiful inside and out. She comes to each styling job with great energy and focus. You will always feel comfortable discussing your look or asking her to make adjustments along the way during your session. You will and be the priority. Again, the trust placed in her very capable hands is the key to such success! I highly recommend her to any Bride or Client looking for a Makeup Stylist not just for one occasion, but for every milestone!

Rachel Toussaint

A little bit about me: I graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in Fine Art and shortly after, translated my Fine Art training into a career that I am passionate about. I gained knowledge of the makeup and beauty industry by working with prestigous brands: Shiseido, Chanel, and Clarins and as a makeup artist for MAC, Shiseido, and KIKO Milano. I quickly discovered my love for bridal makeup and founded my makeup artistry business in 2013. Thank you for visiting my storefront!