Rae Cosmetics

Dermatology, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Spas

237 W. 2nd Street, Austin, TX

Worth Every Penny!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Lauren A

I am glad I waited until we got an 8X10 printed out of our wedding party before I remembered to write this review because it wasn't until I looked at it that I realized every face on my bridesmaids (and well me too, haha) is FLAWLESS!! They looked absolutely beautiful. My makeup was exactly how I wanted it and the best part was working with all the women who came to to Horseshoe Bay to do our Hair & Make Up. Sarah, my hair gal, was so sweet. She was very excited to see our little flower girls that she curled their hair and applied lip gloss at no charge. And I can't finish this review without saying that Lauren was Ah-Maze-Ing!! She is the one who did everyone's make up, and I like I said: FLAWLESS! Plus she was super fun and sweet to work with :)

Hair and Makeup for Wedding on 7/1/2012

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Melissa L

Lacy did an outstanding job on my hair and makeup. My hair and makeup withstood the 100 degree heat of a Texas summer. It lasted throughout the day and night and looked fresh the entire time. Lacy did exactly what I asked for, and enhanced rather than changed the way I looked. I would highly, highly recommend Rae Cosmetics and Lacy.

Excellent makeup

Reviewed on 4/15/2012 Melissa L

Aubree did my wedding makeup and I got so many compliments! I normally wear very understated makeup, and the look she gave me provided the extra polish and drama I wanted for my wedding while still looking "like me". The products she used were very flattering and stayed put through a long evening of dancing.

I Felt Like a Movie Star!

Reviewed on 1/15/2012 T W

I had two trials with Rochelle before finally selecting her. My concern was I had a very diverse wedding party (Hawaiian, white and black). Also, I wasn't confident she could handle hair and makeup on women of color (despite my planner's insistence). My first trial is one for history - I showed up at her studio with my MOH in May. After the trial I went to the gym (had to workout for my dress!). Then, I worked in my backyard for about an hour. It was 100 degrees that day. Later I then went on a 5K walk around the neighborhood at around 6PM that evening. I was taking another shower around 7:30 that evening when I noticed that I *still* had a face full of makeup!! It was unbelievable! That's when I knew she wouldn't have any problem with my wedding party. Rochelle did a fabulous job on my wedding day. Her makeup was so good that ALL the women bought her foundation, powder and eye shadow. I gave her a picture of the hairstyle I wanted - she made me look like a romantic bride. She worked with my extensions at the trials. By the day of the wedding we knew exactly how much hair would be needed for the final look. She works very fast - she got in, got out, and had us ready on time for the pictures. I'd highly recommend her for any wedding party.

Reviewed on 7/23/2011 Brittany C

April did a great job!

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Tara R

April drove up to Horseshoe Bay to do my makeup for my wedding. The cost of the makeup application was $100, but it cost an additional $150 to drive to HSB. She arrived on time ready to go. After asking me a few questions, she got started and had my makeup done in under 45 minutes. She checked with me along the way to be sure I liked what she was doing. The makeup she used, Rae Cosmetics, felt light on my skin but still gave great coverage. She was a great choice for me.

TO Rae Cosmetics