Ramada Plaza Minneapolis

Minneapolis, MN

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Ramada Plaza Minneapolis

A BALLROOM IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Whether you’re looking for a ceremony and reception venue, rehearsal dinner or guest accommodations, The Ramada Plaza has it all in more than 10,000 square feet of flexible event space.

Offerings include a grand ballroom with reception foyer, a fully landscaped courtyard, intimate event spaces for smaller events, tantalizing menu options, spacious hospitality suites, welcoming guest accommodations, as well as our newly renovated heated salt water pool and hot tub.

The Ramada Plaza also offers a complimentary shuttle within five miles of the hotel, allowing your guests easy access to the heart of downtown Minneapolis for endless dining, shopping and entertainment options. Ample complimentary parking is also available for guests who choose to provide their own transportation.

Courtyard Garden and Patio. With seating for up to 150 people, the beautifully landscaped Courtyard Patio makes the perfect backdrop for your wedding ceremony.

Minnesota Grand Ballroom and Reception Foyer. Overlooking the Courtyard Patio, celebrate with cocktails and appetizers before heading to the classically appointed Minnesota Grand Ballroom for an elegant dinner with up to 400 friends and family members.

Additional Event Spaces. With six additional event spaces available, providing room for 20-80 people, there are multiple options to consider for your rehearsal dinner, post-wedding brunch and other needs.

Included in your Ballroom Rental:

• Spacious social hour foyer filled with natural light (Including cocktail tables)
  • Linens and skirting for head, gift, cake, DJ and buffet tables
  • Table linens, napkins, china, glassware, and flatware place settings
  • Riser for the head table
  • Dance floor
  • Simple, elegant candle décor for table centerpieces
  • Complimentary Alcove Suite for the wedding couple (one day pre- and post-wedding)
  • Group room rates (based on availability)
  • Special children’s meals

The Ramada Plaza Minneapolis does their best to ensure that every bride and groom's day is memorable, seamless and enjoyable. In addition to other amenities, special perks are also offered:

• Complimentary suite for the bride and groom
  • Discount on guest rooms
  • Foyer provided for pre-reception, complete with tables
  • On-site wedding specialist to help with preparations
  • Audiovisual equipment available
  • Security available

Comfort, Convenience, and “Remarkable Hospitality"

The Ramada Plaza, Minneapolis is just three miles north of downtown, but a million miles north of average. With comfort, convenience, and “Remarkable Hospitality,” it’s the perfect home away from home for your special day. With over 10,000 sq. ft of flexible event space, whether you are looking for a ceremony and reception venue, rehearsal dinner or guest accommodations, The Ramada Plaza has it all! Offerings include a grand ballroom with reception foyer, a fully landscaped courtyard, intimate event spaces for smaller events, tantalizing menu options, spacious hospitality suites, welcoming guest accommodations, newly renovated heated salt water pool and hot tub, as well as ample complimentary parking and free shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel.

Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

1330 Industrial Boulevard NE, Minneapolis, MN (612) 455-6324
PINTEREST

A Beautiful Venue & Great Staff

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Kim M

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at the Ramada Plaza at the end of May. I am so glad we went with this venue - it was absolutely beautiful, the staff was so kind and efficient, and the food was great! Our guests kept telling us how beautiful the... Read More venue was, which is always great to hear! :) We received high quality for an amazing value, and we were able to stay within our overall budget. It was also in a perfect location - we had our ceremony in Como Park which was just 5 miles down the road. And our guests had easy access to Hwy 36 and 94 to get to and from. The staff was incredibly helpful and went above and beyond our expectations. The wedding coordinator could tell I was getting worried about all of my DIY decor and the details getting set up, so she ensured me to not worry about a thing and that she would take care of it for me so I could enjoy the day. What a relief that is to hear as a bride!! I would highly recommend the Ramada Plaza to any soon to be Mr. & Mrs.!

Wedding reception

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Nicole E

My husband and I couldn't be happier with the Ramada Plaza. We worked with Stephanie and Dave who are absolutely amazing. We had high expatations for the day and for them. They made sure everything was perfect for us, just the way I wanted it. Dave stayed with us all night at... Read More the reception continuing to make sure everything stayed perfect and if we needed anything he was right there. Both Stephanie and Dave were flexible and easy to work with. Because of they our night ended up perfect. A special thank you to Stephanie and Dave. This was by far the best night of our lives!!

2013-09-16T09:42:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the awesome review! We are so glad that your day was perfect. Thank you for letting us be a part of it. It was great working with you. Congratulations again to you and your husband!

Stress-free and friendly

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Anna B

I was originally planning to host our wedding reception at a local restaurant, but due to flakiness on their end we decided to go with the Ramada Plaza Minneapolis, since we'd already booked rooms there. This, it turned out, was a much better idea. Our coordinator, Amanda, was... Read More very straightforward and helpful, displaying infinite patience with last-minute changes and questions. Her expertise took a lot of stress out of the whole enterprise, as we weren't in the market for any huge productions. Don't let the slightly bleak exterior of Industrial Blvd. put you off -- the interior of the hotel is up-to-date and plush. The space we reserved -- the Itasca Ballroom -- comfortably accommodated our guests and looked welcoming and pleasant with just minimal decorating. We had a cocktail hour in the greenhouse area directly outside the ballroom, and it was an amazing space, especially on a sunny afternoon. I'm pleased to say that the food was excellent and well-received by our guests and that the kitchen was able to accommodate those with special dietary considerations. (The bruchetta appetizers were annihilated in the space of half an hour and none of our friends would stop talking about how good they were!) The staff were clearly old hands at keeping things moving and were considerate and very helpful. My only caveat is that it was a little difficult to meet food minimums as our party was slightly less than a hundred, but I expect that any parties over 120 people wouldn't have that problem. I'd happily recommend the Ramada Plaza for any event, as well as just a decent place to stay the night (the complimentary bridal suite was a real treat).

2013-08-29T14:33:15 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you enjoyed your reception and even more glad that it was a stress-free planning process! Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Cheers to happily ever after!

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Lola M

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here in October. I would recommend the Ramada and its staff for weddings as we were very pleased with our entire wedding weekend. The staff were very accomodating especially when we had to move the ceremony inside due to weather. We... Read More were also able to set up the ballroom a day in advance as the room was vacant. The chef was friendly and worked with us to make the meal exactly what we wanted, our guests were very pleased with the main courses of Salmon and Turkey. The portions were generous too. We had a late night snack of pizza, unfortunately many guests didn't know it was available as it was placed in an empty corner of the ballroom, the furtherest spot from any activity. We worked with Alyssa leading up to the wedding, she was very easy to work with, responded quickly to calls and emails. We also brought in our own wine for the wedding, the corkage fee was reasonable and we were able to offer our guests better wine for the same price as the house wine. I would also recommend booking the hospitality suite. It was a great place to get ready for the wedding, plenty of room for a hair and makeup team and the bridal party. We also provided a light breakfast for our guests in the hospitality suite the morning after the wedding, our guest loved this. Our guests loved the location for many reasons, easy to find, free parking, close to a grocery store, gas station, etc. We worked with Karen to block out rooms. She was a delight to work with. The guest room rate was very reasonable. We also used the free hotel shuttle van to take the bridal party to a local park for photos. Super convenient and easy to book.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Julie B

What a great place for a wedding. The hotel staff was fantastic and made everything from planning the event to the actual event itself easy. We got married last weekend in the Itasca Ballroom and it could not have been more beautiful. Not to mention the free suite we got for the... Read More wedding night which came with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Alyssa, our event coordinator, was quick to reply to the many questions I had as we went through the process. The food was fantastic. I had many compliments on it and the late night pizza was a great touch for those who had a few too many drinks. :-) From start to finish I felt like I was treated like a queen and would love to do the whole night over and over again!!!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

Alyssa and the staff at the Ramada Plaza Minneapolis were great to work with, and helped to make sure our special day went off according to plan! The venue is practical and beautiful! The food is also very delicious!

Our wedding day

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

We booked our entire wedding here what a perfect place all in one place! We rented the courtyard for our ceremony which was perfect! We rented the Itasca ballroom which was just the right size for our guests we had 180. The food was outstanding as well as the staff!! We had a... Read More block of over 40 rooms and everything went smoothly. Now for our wedding coordinator Alyssa and hotel room coordinator Karen you both did an amazing job for our wedding! The entire staff of the Ramada Plaza hats offor to all of you too. We waited 20 years to get married and it was every thing and more for our day!! Mark Hillesheim & Kevin Wasilewski 10-3-15..

Perfect Reception!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Jen S

I had a really hard time finding a reception venue that wasn't really expensive and had the details we were looking for. I came across Ramanda Plaza Minneapolis and contacted them to see if they had our date available, and luckily they did! I went to tour the Itasca Ballroom and... Read More knew that this is where we wanted to have our reception. Throughout the entire wedding planning process Ramada Plaza and their staff were so great to work with. Any question I had was always answered within 24-48 hours and they worked so hard to make sure all of our needs were met. If we had a special request they did what it took to make it happen. Our reception hall was beautiful. Most brides have a vision of what their perfect reception would look like and they nailed it. Every little detail was just perfect. The food was also really great. I was a little nervous about this part as I was expecting typical wedding food, but we are still getting compliments on how good the food was as well. Ramada Plaza exceeded my expectations and our day was perfect.

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Shannon S

This was a great venue for our wedding! The food was good, loved the location and the venue was beautiful. My only frustration was that I had to work through 4 different coordinators by the time my wedding day came.

So Glad We Picked this Place

Reviewed on 12/08/2012 Lexie L

The team was so easy to work with! They helped us to think of things we had not even considered. The social hour package was great as was all the food at dinner. Everything was so nicely paced - including the champage toast! The house wine was great and we were able to host... Read More cocktails all night with the reasonable (for a wedding) prices. Our guests loved our room rates, free parking, and our late night snacks. They even gave us a bonus room for coats and our photobooth at no charge. Very modern decor and you cant beat the prices or location.

2012-12-10T09:18:20 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you enjoyed your reception! Sounds like the night was a great time for your guests. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Wedding Reception AWFUL experience

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Jamie a

Horrible Experience! We just had our wedding here last weekend. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I spent months planning our reception with Stephanie who works M-F not on the weekend when the event actually happened. She was great to work and very friendly and... Read More organized. However she was not there the day of the wedding after all the planning had been done with her only. We had a bad experience with the staff that day. nothing was set up how i had been told it would. no one was there to help us set up anything as i had been told they would so i ended up having to set up and take time out of my very busy day to make sure things got done right. my friends and family had to come down to help to and when they asked a staff member who was supposed to be in charge and helping his response was "I dont know, i dont get paid to do that" and then walked away. The catering manager who works weekends in place of stephanie when asked if she could help my photographer get a prop table for our photo booth seemed to not know what was going on and had no clue that one was even needed and the cocktail lobby was not set up how i had asked so i had to go hunt down someone to get tables out while my photographer stood around for 20 minutes with all her gear. it was a very stressful start to the day. After dinner (which did turn out good with no issues) we had around 11pm run out of the two kegs we had out for our guests with one on reserve in case we ran out. we had 170 people there so once we ran out i asked the bar tender to tap the reserve keg. The bartender had to get the manager Dave's approval who refused to let us have the reserve keg. Stating it would be a liability keep in mind it was 11pm and the wedding was going until 1am. He said there were people at the wedding he thought were too intoxicated to serve more keg beer to. he would not tell us who these individuals were or instead just have the bar cut them off if he thought they we too intoxicated. He cut the entire wedding off from the keg beer but let everyone keep buying drinks freely from the bar which made no sense at all. there were two security guards that were provided by the hotel in the lobby are one of which stated he also could not believe that Dave was refusing to open the reserve keg. The security guard told me and my family there was not one person they had seen or witnessed who was to intoxicated the entire evening. That is also where i was confused not one person there was stumbling around causing a scene or too drunk. My entire family dad, mom, sisters, wedding party, friends were trying to talk to Dave to understand why he was doing this? with two hours to go and plenty of people left trying to enjoy themselves. We wanted to provide free beer to our guests all night for flying in from all over and traveling from far places. But were refused and there was no compromise. It was rediculous. Dave also at the end of the night decided to tell me, my family and wedding party that there was an event in the ballroom in the morning and that he would like us to help tear the centerpieces down and clean up at 1am! i was furious this was not something we should have had to do or even have to worry about i was told i could leave things as they were and come back in the morning to clean up from day 1. So my tired family and friends had to do the hotels work at 1:30am to take runners, flowers, centerpieces and everything from the cocktail lobby had to be cleaned up it was awful every

2012-11-05T08:25:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to alert us to your concerns. Please know that all feedback is important to us.We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner, and sorry to hear that there were a couple of situations at the end of... Read Less Read More

not the room initially showed to us, poor service

Reviewed on 9/14/2012 Melissa L

We chose to patron the Ramada Plaza because they had a shuttle for our guests. We made all the arrangements and signed a contract ahead of time. For roughly 9 months we spoke to the event coordinator a handful of times and she never mentioned extra paperwork for the shuttle. The... Read More guests were instructed to head straight to the hotel after the ceremony to catch the shuttle to the reception for drinks and apps while the wedding party took pictures. We received a phone call from our guests though during picture taking saying that there was no shuttle. My husband spoke to the staff who told us there was no shuttle paperwork and they were unwilling to arrange a shuttle at short notice. We tried to contact the woman we had been working with but she was not in the office. So our guests had to drive themselves after all and then had to worry about sober cabs, something we did not want. I also had delivered a box of gift bags for those staying at the hotel and instructed the front desk employee to hand one out to each guest as they checked in. The employees said this was common practice and took the box. We found out the next day after check out that the bags were never handed out. Since then we have called numerous times to try to get some closure on these issues. First, I wanted to pick up the bags because they were expensive to make and if my guests weren't going to get them then I wanted them back. I was put on hold many times and kept getting transferred to voice mail systems and left several voice mails but never heard back in 3 weeks since the event. My husband has also tried to be in contact with the event coordinator to figure out what went wrong with the shuttle but has not been able to talk to anyone. Furthermore, when we booked our room they gave us a tour of the "bridal suite" but when we checked in the room they gave us was definitely nice but not nearly as classy or spacious. I think they gave us a business suite instead. It was not something I cared about the night of our wedding but in hindsight I feel that they were a poor choice.

2012-09-19T16:25:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience was not as expected.Your review will assist to improve shuttle service and communication for future guests. In addition, our wedding shuttle event coordinator will contact you directly to address your concerns.

Great place for wedding reception

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Aubrey J

What attracted me to the Ramada Plaza was the experience that they had in doing weddings. I wanted a reception hall that came with many aspects to minimize planning on my part. All they required was a food minimum that we had to reach and for that price we were able to rent the... Read More space for the evening, they provided the food and caterers, table decor (including linens and simple centerpieces). Amanda (the coordinator) was very easy to work with and was accommodating with my requests. The food was great and I was very pleased with how smoothly things ran. My only complaint with the reception was that there was a mix up with who to serve cake to (as opposed to cupcakes) and when to do so. Other than that the reception was excellent and I would recommend it to other Brides who are looking for an "all in one" type of place.

Hotel

Reviewed on 6/17/2012 Jacqueline F

The Ramada was great for our wedding. Karen, the coordinator was awesome. We had a shuttle for our guests set up and all our guests got a welcome letter when they checked in that gave them directions on the shuttle and the accommodations. It was really helpful. It was nice... Read More and we got our room for free for having so many people book.

my wedding day

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Colleen H

on the day of our wedding, it rained,even though we had planned for an outside wedding, the inside wedding was beautiful. they did an awesome job transferring everything and everyone said it was beautiful

great overall

Reviewed on 2/06/2012 melinda t

The Ramada Plaza was such a great value for us! There are many places that are CHEAPER, but this was a great VALUE. The food was the best wedding food I've ever had. We requested our steaks to be medium rare and they actually came out that way! The accommodations for our... Read More guests were inexpensive and really nice. And the pool was great!

Ramada

Reviewed on 6/17/2011 Sharon S

overall good-- food was tasty. bathrooms to far and shared-- not great. help you decorate.

Rating for Minneapolis Gateway Hotel