Ramekins Culinary School, Events & Inn

Sonoma, CA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Ramekins Culinary School, Events & Inn gives couples and their guests a beautiful, rustic feel for their wedding day in the heart of Sonoma, California. The event venue offers European architecture and is just a short drive from Historic Sonoma Plaza. When it comes to food, an executive chef works to create a menu for the day using seasonal ingredients, most of which come from Ramekins 5th Street Farms which is on the property. The chef works together with students at the school and seasoned wedding professionals to deliver the perfect meal.

Wedding packages at Ramekins Culinary School, Events & Inn include the rental of both the ballroom and the courtyard, which can seat up to 200 people for the event. The inn has six suites that can accommodate the couple, along with members of the wedding party or other family members. Guests can enjoy a rehearsal dinner before the big event, and a brunch after it.

The Ballroom features oak beam vaulted ceilings and a fireplace for a friendly, warm feel for a ceremony or reception.

The Courtyard is an area to hold an outdoor wedding and reception. It features a limestone fountain and French doors.

Rental of the ballroom and courtyard at Ramekins Culinary School includes a one-hour rehearsal before the event and a menu tasting for four people. On the actual day of the wedding, the rental fee includes the use of the outdoor ceremony site and use of the reception site for five hours. Ramekins Culinary School provides chairs for the ceremony, as well as round tables and chairs for the reception. Linens, napkins, stemware, flatware and china are also included.

Guests must hire the services of a professional wedding coordinator for the event, and they must also take out wedding insurance. Guests can purchase extra time to use the facilities. They can also bring their own specialty linens and napkins, or pay to use audio/visual equipment. The facility charges a corkage fee for outside beverages.

Food service starts with passed hors d'oeuvres, which can include mini quiche, polenta cakes and skewered prawns. The next course includes a salad or fresh produce from Ramekins 5th Street Farms. The main course is a three-course meal that features entrees such as wild mushroom ravioli, crispy skin Arctic char, red wine braised short ribs and bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. Guests can bring their own wedding cake or desserts without a cake-cutting fee. As the reception rolls on, the staff offers late-night snacks, including a taco station, mini desserts, sliders and tomato soup and grilled cheese.

For a fun activity that involves the entire wedding party, Ramekins offers cooking classes for groups that include:

• Instruction from a professional chef
  • Creating dishes from scratch
  • Eating created dishes in the Great Room or Courtyard

Rustic Wine Country Weddings

At Ramekins, we want to be the venue that brings your long-cherished wedding dreams to life. We believe your wedding should be as unique as you are and we pride ourselves on being able to customize events and menus to celebrate that uniqueness. Nestled just a short distance from Historic Sonoma Plaza, Ramekins Culinary School & Inn hosts an exceptionally scenic wedding venue with a European feel, a magical place to celebrate your most momentous occasion. Wedding receptions may take place in our Great Room, featuring oak beam vaulted ceilings and fireplace, or outdoors in our rustic European inspired courtyard which includes an antique limestone fountain and French doors. Doors from the Great Room open onto a shaded garden courtyard.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel, Tented, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

450 W. Spain St, Sonoma, CA (707) 933-5320

Amazing Foodie Wedding in Wine Country

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Megan

We were married in Sonoma on 11/9 (at St. Francis Church) and had our reception at Ramekins Culinary School. We had the most amazing time at our wedding and all our guests loved Ramekins! We started looking for reception venues back in October of 2012 and went to several... Read More places in Napa and Sonoma. Ramekins was our last stop and honestly we both fell in love with the place and it met our number one priority, amazing food. The owners have all kinds of beautiful antique furniture and decor that really makes the place feel special. You feel like you are transported to Europe! On our first visit, Susan, the Sales Manager, gave us our tour and went over everything. She is such a nice person and she was also part of the reason we chose Ramekins. We really felt we could trust her and we wouldn't just be another wedding or event, she cared about what we wanted and liked. The venue was just what we wanted, something with character that didn't feel like a typical ballroom. It really feels special and there are so many great places for photos. The whole planning process was wonderful, the menu tasting was a lot of fun and the food is delicious!!! Susan, Garnet, Gabrielle and the whole team were always so helpful whenever we had questions or concerns. We worked with Susan to put together the perfect menu and she was always so friendly and quick to respond. Garnet, the Onsite Production Manager, was super helpful in the last few weeks in working with us and our coordinator to make sure all the details were perfect. We also rented out all 6 rooms the night of the wedding and 2 of the rooms the night of the rehearsal. Gabrielle, the Operations Manager, worked with us and allowed us to check in early and was really great to follow up with us on anything we needed. The Inn is really cute and I liked the little communal breakfast area. They also have really delicious granola that they make in house, one of the front desk staff even gave us a little bag to take home after we told him how much we liked it. It was so nice to have all the rooms booked so we had the whole place to ourselves! The front desk and inn staff were amazing as well. Robert worked during the morning/afternoon shift and he went way above and beyond to make sure if we need anything from snacks, water or champagne or just anything in general. He also helped my Dad set up a last minute breakfast reservation for a pretty large group on Sunday after the wedding. My Dad really appreciated his help. The night staff was also very friendly and all our family made comments on how wonderful everyone truly was (sorry I didn't catch their names). The wedding itself was way beyond anything I could imagine. The cocktail hour was on their cute patio and we setup the reception indoors. We had 65 guests and it was just perfect. The food was AMAZING!!! Literally all our guests commented on how delicious and well prepared the food was. The staff and service were stellar! Everyone was friendly and people constantly checked on my Husband and me if we needed anything at all. Everything was setup just perfectly, the staff was awesome and the food was fabulous! All our family and friends commented on how classy and beautiful the venue and whole reception was. If you are looking for something that has great food, wonderful service and staff this is it!

Amazing Food & Execellent Service!

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Marisa B

Ramekins provided catering for our small wedding at a Sonoma winery. We choose Ramekins for a our caterer because they had the most delicious food - which we knew would impress our most food- snob guests, but was still delicious and accessible enough for the less... Read More food-adventurous. The locally grown food (at their own farm) and carefully crafted dishes made me believer! Because of this we were willing to pay a little extra. In addition, because our wedding was small we weren't going to have a planner. Their staff was wonderful at working with me to make that work. They shared their knowledge and expertise to make sure the reception flowed smoothly. They were wonderfully understanding about helping set up additional items for us like placing favors, placecards, arranging the cake table, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend them to any bride!

Best Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 Elise H

Ramekins is a beautiful wedding venue. We felt like we were in Italy, at an Italian Villa! The service was great, the food was amazing and best of all their sales coordinator Yvette is the best! Our wedding was perfect and we could not have asked for a better night.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Kate M

My husband and I chose Ramekins to cater our off-site wedding at a winery in Healdsburg, CA. Ramekins provided amazing food and service, and all of our guests raved about the quality of the appetizers, main courses and desserts. They loved the late-night sliders and French... Read More fries! Ramekins was very professional and reliable, and we are so happy we chose them to cater our event. Everything was perfect and we wouldn't have changed a thing! Our guests were very impressed by the detailed and personalized service that Ramekins provided.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Rosemarie C

The minute we walked in Ramekins Culinary School, Events & Inn, we fell in love with it. It had a very intimate, rustic, Italian village feel. We love all the decors and furniture in the property. You get to see the chefs in action as well. The room were we stayed is so... Read More well-appointed. Susan who helped as through the wedding process was very accommodating, knowledgeable and responsive to all our endless emails. She went above and beyond making sure we get what we want for our wedding. The food and service was superb. All our guests kept telling how good the food was... From passed hor d'oeuvres to dessert. It was first class! The servers were so courteous and friendly. Right after the ceremony, one server went out to give us own hor d'oeuvres plates while we were having pictures taken and then after the reception, we again have the dessert sampler plate he delivered to our room. The wine was flowing as well. Another surprise we got was a sweet note from them with a bag of gourmet goodies from Ramekins. You could just tell how they value their customers. Also, being in a Sonoma, they are less expensive than the other venues. Don't be afraid to stray away from vineyards because this venue though a culinary school is very lovely and beautiful. *Tons of place to photograph here. They even allowed us to use their adjacent property for our preceremony photos* We strongly recommend Ramekins to anyone getting married who wants one of s kind wedding in a wine country. Excellent excellent job!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Jessica W

I had Ramekins cater my 75 person wedding on the advice of my wedding planner and I was SO grateful for her guidance because I have never had better food or service at a wedding before and my guests were extremely complimentary. Ramekins (I primarily interacted with Ruby) was... Read More very easy to work with right from the start, treating us to a delicious tasting and working perfectly around our food/drink preferences & budget. On the day of everything we had selected was just as good as it was the day we tasted it , the staff was extremely professional & polished and I did not have to worry about a thing. I'd highly recommend Ramekins for a wedding and my husband and I can't wait to go back for dinner & cooking classes at their culinary school now that the big day is over!

Pretty Good

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Stacy B

Everything was great till our sales person left and we were a second thought to the person who took on our account. The food was great and the event staff was awesome.

Exquisite Food

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Sheena P

Ramekins certainly had a difficult job dealing with us...we had a much smaller budget than their average clients but had huge dreams for our reception. They definitely worked with us in every way they could and pulled off a beautiful menu for our big day. Every person we dealt... Read More with was extremely friendly and professional. My only negative is that there were large gaps of time in between correspondence (sometimes a month or longer) which did cause some frustration...but that did not hinder their quality of food or service once it came to the big day.

Gorgeous but Stressful

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Janine B

I had my ceremony and reception here, as well as used them as my caterer and the wedding party stayed at the inn. It was an absolutely beautiful venue and the guests have been raving about it ever since. However, the staff can be difficult to work with, for example, contracts... Read More were never updated properly and there were always multiple emails back and forth to try to fix it since the person in charge never took notes or seemed to pay enough attention to the specifics of our conversations. I took the contracts very seriously since they were something that I was signing and would be held to, so I was frustrated that the attention to detail was only one-way. Also, I would also ask simple questions (like about the open bar), and she wouldn't know the answer and I'd have to wait days for her to ask the Beverage Manager when it was question that I'm sure most prior brides have asked. There is also no way for Ramekins to improve since the owners don't care, I wanted to complain to them about their employees but they ignored both my email and voicemail and are apparently never actually at the venue itself. Overalll, the interaction with the employees/event manager was extremely stressful (by far the most stressful part of all of wedding planning added together)… but the venue is beautiful and different and loved by the guests so I am happy that I put up with them (just make sure you have a beer in hand before opening any emails).

Bride

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Deb F

I am so grateful that I selected Ramekins as my caterer. Steve Sarna is fabulous. He worked with us closely throughout the entire planning process--guiding us, giving us suggestions, and freely sharing his wealth of experience. He was so valuable to us, not just in arranging... Read More the perfect reception but in helping us with the entire wedding planning process. I met with him several times, we exchanged numerous phone calls and countless emails and throughout it all Steve made me feel like we were his most important clients. His energy and enthusiasm are limitless. I didn't feel like we were working with a vendor, I felt like we were working with a friend. At the reception the food was divine, the presentation was beautiful, the staff were prompt, efficient, courteous and friendly. No detail was overlooked, they took care of everything.