Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

3007 Cady Dr, Brighton, MI Serving All of Michigan (810) 610-6743

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brittany R

If you want an organized, reliable DJ that will have your dance floor packed... Ryan is your guy! From our first interaction I knew Ryan would take care of things and help make our special day run smooth. He has this amazing packet that makes planning the reception easy and he... Read More worked with us to substitute certain things because we didn’t need a bunch of lights, due to the room having big windows. He brought Shaun with him and they were the BEST team!! Ryan kept the music going and people dancing and Shaun was the best MC! They made everyone feel like we knew them for years and I could not be more pleased with the service and execution of R&R! Thank you for everything, you guys were amazing.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Kelsey G

Shaun and Ryan were great! They played music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception! These two are very professional, organized and detail orientated!! Not to mention they didn't mind our venue was 3 hours away!! The dance floor was packed all night, and the lighting... Read More provided by R&R Sound and Lighting added the perfect touch!! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Meagan K

We met with Ryan prior to booking and during the planning process. He always made us feel assured that our wedding would be in great hands with him. And he was always very responsive to my emails and silly questions! Knowing that he would be the one to perform for our wedding on... Read More the actual day helped us to choose Ryan over some other larger companies that use multiple DJs. We booked DJ/photo booth/lighting packages and were thrilled with the quality of all 3 services at a reasonable price. Ryan brought Sean to act as MC for our wedding as Ryan mixed the music. Both were great on the day of, and constantly checked in to make sure everything was scheduled and running how we wanted it. Ryan did a good job at reading the crowd and still mixed in a lot of songs from our request list we made prior to the date. They were so great at monitoring the timing and flow of our night, that we didn't even miss not having a wedding planner or day of coordinator! Everything from ceremony to last song went smoothly, and if anything went wrong I didn't even know it! Guests also loved the open air photobooth. We even got a nice album with some hilarious pics of our guests enjoying the photo booth. We Would highly recommend and use R&R again!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Sarah C

Ryan and Sean made our night a absolute blast! The dance floor was packed all night. After the last long our guests screamed encore. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Scott A

R&R Sound and Lightning was a huge hit at our wedding. Working with Ryan from day 1 was super easy and he walked us through the whole process. He has a wonderful spreadsheet and timeline that helped us keep on track while we were planning. At times I felt as though Ryan knew... Read More more about our wedding timeline than us! During the reception Ryan and he assistant even helped my wife and I with drinks and our food. Definitely went above and beyond on ALL aspects.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Lindsey L

R&R is amazing! Before our wedding Ryan talked for a long time with my husband and I to get a feel for the kind of music we liked and made a really detailed plan with us to ensure he understood what we wanted and that things would run smoothly. At our reception, Ryan handled the... Read More music and Sean MCd for us. Sean is a wonderful MC as he kept our guests entertained and laughing. The two of them work together to make sure things run beautifully. The music they played was awesome and kept guests of all ages on the dance floor all night long. Ryan and Sean also went through the buffet line with my husband and I and served us our food which I thought was really unique and a really special way to serve us. The lighting package we chose was also wonderful as it included a really nice monogram and classy uplighting. Overall, I was a pretty picky bride about my DJ and I'm so glad we went with R&R. Ryan and Sean are just really great guys who I could really tell cared about us. Having them as our DJ helped us to be able to relax and enjoy our day. My husband and I are so happy we chose them as our DJs.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Lori M

We loved having Ryan and Shaun as our DJs at my daughters wedding reception. They provided us with exactly what we needed and some. They are extremely personable and professional. We met them at a wedding show and was so comfortable with them, that we immediately booked them! We... Read More knew right then they had to be our DJs. Besides be so friendly, they are prompt, responsive and very detail oriented! Look no further for your DJ's! You will be so glad you booked them! (Side note: our dance floor was packed all night!)

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Jess F

They were AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Brooke B

So much fun! Loved them!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jessica E

Ryan & Sean DJed/MCed our wedding last Saturday at the Michigan League, and they were amazing!!! Sean was professional and prompt with announcements, and Ryan kept our guests dancing all night. We talked to a lot of DJs and even more DJ companies, but Ryan immediately stood... Read More out; he's incredibly friendly, detail-oriented, and smart, but we also appreciated that from start to finish we dealt with Ryan, our DJ, instead of a person who owns a company that sub-contracts with DJs. Ryan honored our requests, chose lighting that complimented our vision for the space, and read the crowd to keep them dancing. Sean kept us on schedule, helped us get guests from one space to another, and was easy to find if anything came up. Together they helped us throw an epic party. All of these 5-star reviews are here for a reason--R&R is AMAZING! Without hesitation I would recommend Ryan!!!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Jessica B

We loved Ryan and his crew! They did an amazing job and we received a lot of compliments about our DJ and photobooth! They went beyond my expectations and I would recommend them to anyone! Thank you R&R for helping make our wedding night perfect!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Angela A

A family friend told us about Ryan and his DJ services after attending a multi-cultural wedding and had nothing but positive things to say. After meeting with Ryan, we knew he was exactly what we were looking for and what we needed to bring our multi-cultural wedding together.... Read More All the planning was seamless, organized and detailed. We left every meeting feeling confident that we were in good hands. If anything went wrong on the day of the wedding, we were not aware. Ryan and Sean were very professional and kept us in the loop the entire time. The attention to detail was very impressive. Being a multi-cultural wedding, it was very important that both cultures were represented. Ryan and Sean were wonderful working with our families to makes sure the speeches (in different languages) went smoothly. They did an excellent job and determining what to play next to keep both families happy and incorporating our personal taste in music. This is one vendor on your wedding check list you will not have to think twice about. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Julie C

DJ Ryan and the MC did a phenomenal job! Ryan was very prompt with responses up until the wedding day, and his questionnaire was immensely helpful in making sure every aspect of the evening was covered. They were both eager to accommodate us at the wedding with anything we... Read More needed, even things that weren't just the music. The MC even helped get people up and dancing!! I could not have asked for a better DJ and I have been getting compliments on them ever since the wedding. Thanks again guys!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Shelby M

R&R Sound and Lighting made my wedding what it was - we could not have had the amazing event we had without them! Ryan and Sean were the utmost professionals and gave us a great time. I worked primarily with Ryan leading up to the event, and he was so accommodating - he was even... Read More willing to custom mix his uplighting to give me the exact color scheme I'd hoped for. He found all the songs I wanted for our special day and was willing to incorporate every small detail I wanted. On the night of the wedding, Ryan and Sean went above and beyond to provide the ultimate stress free experience - they double checked bridal party names for announcements, dismissed tables for dinner, monitored the flow of the night to ensure everything ran smoothly - my groom and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The music selections were incredible and kept the party moving the whole night. They were accommodating to requests and played unconventional songs just to make our guests happy. The lights they used on the dance floor made the experience awe-inspiring. Everyone had so much fun, and people were complimenting the music all night long. Prices were beyond reasonable for comparable services in the area, and they went above and beyond to create the perfect experience for us. I could not recommend them highly enough. Ryan and Sean were friendly, engaging, and the best addition to our wedding we could have chosen.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Brianna J

We booked Ryan to do our lighting for our wedding in August. We love working with him so far! Unfortunately we already booked our DJ before meeting Ryan, otherwise we probably would have booked him. We're really excited to work with him! Will post another review as things... Read More progress!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Jake R

We absolutely loved working with Ryan! From the very first meeting we had with him, we knew we wanted R&R to do our wedding. Ryan has a very comfortable, friendly, and professional presence about him. His interest was in making sure that our reception party was the best that it... Read More could be, and he made it very easy to get everything that we wanted. We only needed R&R for a shorter amount of time, due to the organization of our reception. When Ryan discovered that we only needed him for a few hours, he upgraded his sound system to the next highest package that he offered, free of charge, just to make sure we were getting our money's worth! The party was absolutely fantastic and many of our guests told us that our dance party was the best they had been to at a wedding. Ryan played the songs we wanted played, gauged the crowd in order to play the right music at the right time, and made sure every special dance was announced and went smoothly. We have nothing but great things to say. Definitely recommend for any gig. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Michelle G

Ryan and team were amazing DJs! We couldn't have asked more a more professional, organized, and friendly team to help MC, DJ, and run our photo booth. They provided our ceremony music and well as a microphone for our officiant. The ceremony was in a remote area where they... Read More actually had to bring in a battery to supply electricity! I couldn't believe that the music quality was still great! We got so many compliments on the up lighting and animated monogram that they provided. It really made our barn venue even more beautiful than it already was. They kept the dance floor crowed all night with their music selection and went above and beyond to make sure the night ran smoothly. I would highly recommend R & R Sound and Lighting for anyone looking for top-notch professionals who are willing to go the extra mile to make your memorable event amazing!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kate C

Ryan was perfect! Our best man contacted him the morning of the wedding with a strange request and he fit it right in with no problems! Our night was perfect and everyone had so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Mina E

We picked the DJ, lighting and photo booth package. Ryan delivered to perfection. From the get-go he was very approachable. He was organized and easy to reach, always available for assistance. My wife is Bosnian and I'm Egyptian and so there was a lot of mixing between Bosnian,... Read More Arabic and American songs. Ryan's mixing was phenomenal and the transitions were seamless; he kept the dance floor packed. The Lighting was exceptional and we got plenty of compliments on it. The photo booth was awesome, everyone got to keep a copy of the picks and so did we (in both a digital format and a hard copy as part of a photo album all our guests could sign). The only thing is that the props are limited which, in his defense, he forewarned us of. The wedding was a blast because of his hard work and dedication, and his love of what he does. Thank you Ryan!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Kelly W

Only being able to rate a 5 out of 5 does not do them justice because we were absolutely blown away by the fantastic job DJ Ryan and his assistant did! We had the Platinum package, photo booth, ceremony music, and an animated monogram and it was worth... every... penny!... Read More Everything was exactly how we wanted it an so much more. Our ceremony music was perfect, they provided the microphone for my officiant and everyone could hear the ceremony clearly, all of the announcements they made were very clear, the music was nothing less than awesome, they made sure the timeline of the reception went perfectly (announcing wedding party, first dance, cake cutting, other dances, bouquet/garter toss, etc) and my guests were on the dance floor all night or having a blast in the photo booth. On top of that, they made sure our wedding party had drinks and that my husband and I were able to get our dinner. We got tons of compliments from our guests about how much fun they had and that they thought our wedding was the best that they have ever been to and we could not have done it without R&R. They went above and beyond my expectations and made sure my wedding was PERFECT!!!!!!. I would highly recommend them!!!! Thank you so much R&R!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Maple L

DJ Ryan and Shawn were an awesome team! We got married at the Ann Arbor City Club and DJ Ryan was familiar with the venue which was helpful in planning. We were planning our wedding from out-of-state so Ryan was super flexible in Skyping or Facetiming with us prior to the... Read More wedding. The lighting that they provided was amazing and everyone loved the monogram. Our guests had a fabulous time and we loved all the songs that were played. DJ Ryan also followed our guidance that we provided on the song choices. I would recommend R&R Sound and Lighting to anyone who is getting married in Michigan!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Rachel B

Worked with Ryan during the wedding planning, Jason was our DJ on our wedding day. These two make a great team because we could not have been happier with everything. They have a lot of experience and Jason had everybody on the dance floor the entire night. Fantastic service!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Ashley H

We were referred to Ryan from a friend and are so glad we listened! After price shopping he was the most affordable for our budget. He was quick to respond to our emails and was able to add on our ceremony music with only three days until the wedding. Then came our wedding day,... Read More everything was smooth from start to finish. After going to a wedding where there were crickets on the dance floor, we were thrilled to see ours was full all night long! Thanks so much Ryan! We would choose you again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Arminda H

R&R was the highlight of the night! They kept the party going and the dance floor full all night long! Both Ryan and Jason were VERY accommodating, keeping up with last minute changes, playing great music and Ryan even customized/remixed a song for my ceremony. They not only... Read More provided great DJ services for both our ceremony and reception, but went above and beyond. All my guests have complimented us on what a wonderful DJ we had. We have been told several times that our wedding was one of the best weddings a guest has been to. And we couldn't have done it without R&R! I highly recommend them. They are worth the price and in my opinion, your entertainment for your big day is not the thing you want to skimp out on. Their extra services including the photobooth, are also a huge hit. They also have a animated monogram! Which was so cool and they are the only company in Michigan to have such a thing! All the extras, all the time they put into our wedding, and music was worth every penny. THANK YOU R&R!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Alyssa B

Ryan and his team did an AMAZING job with our wedding! We could not have been happier with their work! The uplighting was absolutely beautiful and the moving monogram was stunning! Ryan had our dance floor packed all night! The pictures from the photo booth turned out great and... Read More were hilarious - it looked like everyone had a great time with it! The photo album turned out amazing! I would highly recommend going with R&R sound and lighting - you won’t be disappointed!