Rania's Catering and Rania's To Go

We handle rentals, staffing, menu and event planning details surrounding all events. Our professional team of chefs will prepare your menu on site and our wedding cakes are made in our pastry department. Local and organic is our motto, as we deal with neighboring farmers and vendors.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Kosher, Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering, Service Staff

100 Central Square, Pittsburgh, PA (412) 531-2222

Worth Every Cent!

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Katie Z

Rania catered our wedding at The Pennsylvanian in May 2013, and it couldn't have been more fabulous. She has been working weddings at The Pennsylvanian for so long that it really was more like having a wedding planner/caterer all in one. She not only provided the most amazing... Read More food, our guests continue to rave it is the best food they've ever had at a wedding, but she literally helped us decide what to rent down to the last fork. We couldn't have managed a wedding there without her since you literally rent the room and have to bring in everything else, including what they need to cook on. Her waitstaff was wonderful, in particular I cannot say enough good things about Cyndi Bruce one of the floor managers. She was so attentive to us and the wedding could not have run more smooth. Thanks so much Rania and staff for making our wedding an absolute dream!

Thank you, Rania and staff!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Lauren A

Rania was the caterer for our June 1, 2013 wedding at The Pennsylvanian. From the very beginning, Rania and her staff were helpful and professional. Rania basically served as a wedding coordinator and guided us through the planning process at The Pennsylvanian. It was an... Read More absolute pleasure to work with her. If I ever had any questions, Rania responded to me promptly. As the bride, it sure was comforting to work with someone with such professionalism and expertise. There were so many options when choosing a menu for our cocktail hour and dinner. We trusted Rania’s recommendations, and everything was just fabulous. It is without a doubt the best food you will ever have at a wedding! Our cake was also prepared by Rania’s. I provided the pastry chef with a few photos of something I had found online, and the cake turned out just beautifully. In addition to our wedding cake, I surprised my fiancé with a groom’s cake, which turned out to be one of the most talked about parts of our reception. The cakes were delicious! Rania also helped to plan a timeline for our wedding reception and ultimately corresponded with all of our other vendors (florist, photographers, lighting, etc.) to ensure that the timeline would become a reality. Ultimately, Rania and our floor manager Cyndi were there at our reception to guarantee that everything ran smoothly. Within moments of arriving at cocktail hour, Cyndi was by my side to make sure everything was set up correctly, to answer any questions of mine or my parents, and to also assist our guests. She took me and my fiancé inside of The Pennsylvanian to see the room before our guests entered. (I’ll always remember having that time with my new husband to see the room and have a few moments to ourselves before the reception began!) The combined efforts of Rania, Cyndi, and staff were truly appreciated. Our wedding day was truly perfect! We can’t thank them enough for making our wedding at The Pennsylvanian the best day of our lives!

More than just a caterer

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Caryn B

This word is not used loosely in weddings, however, looking back we can honestly say that the entire day was perfect. Everything ran so smoothly and we owe that to Rania and her staff. They made everything so easy and stress-free on our family throughout the whole... Read More process. Throughout the night, Rania's staff was there for our every need and was extremely accommodating. We received numerous compliments from guests expressing their delight with the friendly staff and they could not stop raving about the food! The food is out of this world and everything is made on-site so you know it is fresh. At the end of the night, Rania's staff even assisted our family and friends with cleaning up decorations, gifts, etc. They went above and beyond their call of duty. The pastry team is also an awesome bonus to Rania's offerings. Not only is it convenient that you don't need to coordinate with another bakery, but the cake and cupcakes were so delicious and beautiful. The cakes were beyond what I had envisioned. Rania was delightful to work with and from the moment we met with her we knew she was the one because of the level of dedication and planning she puts into your day. She is more than just a caterer as she made the entire wedding planning process easy on us by coordinating with all of our vendors, handling rentals and planning the overall look and feel of the reception. She is very responsive to your needs and is always an e-mail or phone call away. This was especially helpful as we planned the entire wedding from out of town and only made a few trips to Pittsburgh to plan in person. I would not hesitate to recommend Rania's Catering to anyone. After thorough research and first hand experience, she is the best caterer in the Pittsburgh area, hands down. All of the positive reviews speak true of her excellent service.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Alan L

Rania catered our 50th anniversary party, and it was a spectacular job. The food was excellent, and the wait staff were first rate. I had to travel a lot in the weeks before the event (Beijing, Haifa), so we really had to count on Rania to make everything work. She certainly... Read More did that, working with the venue's events person and emailing me or calling about some details that she thought I should be aware of. Actually, I returned at 8:30 pm the day before our luncheon and saw things that came from the venue or the wine merchant about the same time her staff arrived. I had the sense from earlier interactions that we could count on Rania, and I was absolutely right. Guests kept telling me how great the food was as they came by to say goodbye, and additional notes raving about the food have come since then. I completely agree with them.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Meredith M

Rania was an absolute dream to work with! After our first meeting with her we felt confident that we had found the best. Not only is her food absolutely delicious, but she also connected us with many vendors and provided us with honest opinions and recommendations. As a bride... Read More who was easily overwhelmed by all of the wedding planning decisions, Rania helped to walk me through every step from the menu to the floor plan to the table linens and the china. She took the lead coordinating all of the vendors and the timeline for our wedding day. She answered all of our questions quickly and I felt confident that she had everything under control. Rania was always easy to reach and responsive and her staff was attentive and professional. They went above and beyond to ensure that the reception went smoothly. We received numerous compliments on her food. It was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend Rania's Catering and cannot imagine using anyone else for a wedding caterer!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Helen L

I can't tell you the number of compliments that I got on the food at our wedding. Especially on the passed appetizers at cocktail hour. Rania agreed to cater our meal "family-style" without trying to talk me out of it; she knew exactly what was needed and was also able to... Read More guide me on table sizes, etc. You aren't able to do a tasting before you sign on with Rania, but it's not necessary. They are happy to take your feedback during the later tasting and adjust for the wedding meal. But the food is just incredible, whether is a fancier dish or the rustic bbq meal that we had. Rania comes with a cake-baker, bartenders, a reception coordinator, along with everything else you would expect from the caterer. She also coordinated all of my orders with the rental company in addition to keeping tabs on all of my other vendors. I had wished for more communication during the planning process, but I'm pretty sure that was me trying to be nice and not bother busy people. The event went incredibly smoothly and our event coordinator knew her stuff! A plate of appetizers was ready for us after photos, she boxed up slices of cake for us to eat the next day. She even packaged up some of our meal, since I wasn't able to eat much after dinner! Highly recommend, but it does come at a higher price.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Halyse D

Rania is the best of the best, and I could never imagine recommending anyone else for your wedding caterer. After booking our venue, we explored the preferred caterers. I had a strong feeling we'd end up selecting Rania from the beginning. Her prices shocked me until I realized... Read More the difference between booking Rania versus another company. With Rania, you don't just get true homemade food (nothing frozen or pre-cooked) - you get Rania herself, and she is an absolute dynamo. She is someone who knows the wedding business like the back of her hand, and she doubles as your caterer and event planner/organizer. I'm still so impressed with how efficient she is with the amount of things she does in a day! Whenever I needed advice, she was easy to reach, very responsive, and extremely helpful. If I had an issue with another vendor, she even took it upon herself to contact them and settle it (this stunned my mother and I the first time she did it!). She made our floor plan, designed a very cool king's table for us, and organized all of our vendors a few days before! Rania's food is incomparable and *unbelievably* delicious. We had some dietary restrictions (many vegetarians), and my extremely picky husband, and she was sensitive to everyone. So many guests filled up on the amazing hors d'oeuvres before dinner, including myself! We had several guests tell us throughout the night it was the best wedding food they ever had, and I enthusiastically agree (and not just because it was my wedding - it was spectacular). I wasn't sure about our wedding cake selection because her pastry chef was going to do our wedding cake as well. So, I showed her pastry chef several peacock-themed cakes I liked. I was honestly surprised when she picked one of the most elaborate ones! The cake was stunning and scrumptious! The staff at our reception was also extremely pleasant and professional. I give Rania my highest of recommendations. You are in excellent and VERY capable hands with her.

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Anna P

• I came on here to write a review for Rania's because we used her recently as we have many times and love her. I was shocked to see 1 bad review painting her as unprofessional or harsh. Rania has always made us feel like we were in her home anytime we've gone to plan a party... Read More menu or just have a bite to eat at Rania's Catering. It's a shame that you both haven't had the chance to use her for her services but feel so strongly about how bad you THINK she might be that you would bash her services. Either way, that's not why I came onto The Knot. I just wanted to do a quick review for her catering services. My Family and I love Rania's catering and Rania. I was also in a wedding of a friend's she catered and arranged the rentals for at The Pennsylvanian and Oh My, Was it Breathe taking! It's going on 3 years and I can still remember what that room looked like when I walked it. It was gorgeous the food was outstanding, the small details covered were remarkable. Everyone knows beef is hard to tackle for a sit down and everyone's was perfect! We (the Bridesmaids) even commented on how they are usually disappointed in their beef, but this was so good! We've been using Rania for catering ever since and she is always willing to work with us and take time out of her busy day to make sure we are happy. It's really remarkable if you ask me! My only regret is that I didn't know about Rania before I got married! Cheers!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Sydney G

My fiancé and I were very disappointed in our meeting with Rania’s Catering. Rania’s behavior was unprofessional to say the least. We initially reached out to her via e-mail, where she seemed very open with meeting us and discussing her catering services. She provided... Read More preliminary pricing to us and even offered to provide a “lunch” to taste test her food, which was a nice touch. When we went to meet her, she was 30 minuets late. During our short meeting she interrupted our conversation multiple times to take pictures and talk to kids doing a Christmas gingerbread house cooking class. When we did get to talk about our wedding and what vendors we were already working with as far as our coordinator and venue she bad mouth both of them! Extremely unprofessional. She then asked us what our total budget was for our wedding (which I personally feel is none of her business, the only budget she should be inquiring about is our food and beverage budget). Once she found out what our “total budget” was she immediately dismissed us. While we stood in her office she ran some numbers on a spreadsheet turned to us and said (verbatim), “You can’t afford me. I can’t help you, I’m sorry.” My fiancé and I both were pretty speechless that this women really just said that to us and awkwardly thanked her for her time and walked out. She didn’t make a move to try and shake our hands our even walk us out of her office. We were essentially dismissed and that was the end of the conversation. The most ridiculous part of this situation is that her head count price was only $15 dollars more than what we originally wanted to spend but my fiancé and I were both very open to spending the extra money if we liked what we saw and tasted but Rania did not even want to explore and discuss this possibility. My fiancé and I are both very level headed and realistic people. We knew what the per head price range was going into our meeting with her and never once in our 20 minuet meeting with her said that we thought her prices were too high or that we weren’t willing to pay them. Overall I was left with a very bad taste in my mouth, (which wasn’t even from taste testing her food, something that never even got to happen). I never write reviews for anything, good or bad, but I felt a need to do so with Rania’s Catering. I don’t want anyone to feel the way my fiancé and I did after our meeting with her.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Katrina F

LOVE RANIA!!!! She is amazing and her food is the best wedding food you will ever taste! She is a seasoned professional and went through every single detail with us. She knew all of our vendors and made sure everyone was organized and working on the same timeline throughout the... Read More day. Her Floor Manager, Cyndi, was amazing also!!! Super attentive throughout the entire night and went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. We could not have been happier with every service RANIA offered. She was like a caterer and wedding planner in one! Would recommend to anyone who wants the best caterer in Pittsburgh!

Outstanding food and service!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Jennifer G

My husband and I chose Rania's Catering to provide catering services for our wedding and we were never disappointed with our decision. From the beginning of our relationship with Rania's, we were able to collaborate on all decisions and Rania expertly guided us through the... Read More process. She helped us to develop a timeline for the wedding and communicated with all of our other vendors so that the day of the wedding would flow effortlessly - and it did! The food was absolutely delicious and the staff was outstanding. They anticipated our needs before we could verbalize them and made us and our guests feel welcomed and at home. Darleen, our floor manager for the wedding, was so helpful in guiding us through the events of the evening. We were able to stick to our timeline while avoiding unnecessary stress and feeling rushed. Finally, our cake was gorgeous! Patty and her team created a cake for us that was as beautiful as it was delicious. I highly recommend Rania's Catering for weddings and events!

Rania is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Tara P

You can't go wrong when working with Rania and her amazing staff. They were all extremely responsive and made my husband and I feel like we were the only clients they had. The food was to die for and our cake was the hit of the wedding! I would highly recommend... Read More Rania's Catering…her reputation in the Pittsburgh area is amazing and accurate!!

Amazing service, food, and staff!

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Kara C

I initially sent an email to Rania inquiring about her services for our wedding at the Pennsylvanian. No more than two hours later, Rania had called my cell phone to give me more information about the catering she could provide. She stated she was on her way back from vacation,... Read More but wanted to get back to me quickly. This is one of the very many examples of the attention she provided to me while I was planning our wedding. She shared with me that her daughter had gotten married at the Pennsylvanian, so she would help me with whatever I needed. She worked along with All Occasions to help me with our tables, linens, flat wear etc… Rania truly is a one-stop-shop. I had asked her about bags for cookies, and although she couldn’t provide them she told me exactly where to get them! The day of the wedding was truly the icing on the cake. Our floor manager, Cyndi, and her team made my whole day absolutely perfect. They set up our place cards, candles, table numbers and so much more. Cyndi would continually ask me if I needed anything at all. When my drink was empty, she was standing there with another one! And I haven’t even begun to talk about the food, which was incredible!!!! It was the best food I have ever had at a wedding! Our cocktail hour hors doeuvres were so versatile and amazing. We appetizers ranging from pulled pork sliders all the way to a spicy California roll! The servers could barley make it off the steps because everyone was so anxious to try what was coming out next! Everything was beautiful and everything ran without a hitch thanks to Rania and her amazing staff. I could not imagine my wedding without her!

food wonderful buisness practices strange

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Heather M

The food was close to perfect with only a few missteps. The service was good. Rania asked us to write individual checks to each of her staff members (which there were 14 of) and include a 40-50% tip for each and send them to her before the event. We decided to tip based on... Read More service performance and hand out cash at the end of the night. Rania came in during the last hour and pulled me from the dance floor to ask why the chefs were not tipped! If you looking for great food and don't mind doing someone else's pay role then go with Rania's I don't think I will again.

Event planner and caterer

Reviewed on 11/11/2012 Kristina P

I highly recommend Rania's catering for any event. Her food is fantastic and her staff is over accommodating (if there's ever such a thing). Through out the whole planning process, Rania will tell you what info she needs from you while she keeps in touch with your other... Read More vendors. I don't know what I would have done for our wedding if we didn't have her cater. The food was amazing and our cake was beautiful and delicious! There's no one else in Pittsburgh that can do what she does.

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Sara S

For my husband and I, the food and service was our top priority at our wedding, and Rania and her staff delivered everything we could have asked for (and more that we didn't). From the very first meeting, I felt extremely comfortable knowing they would take care of the details... Read More from organization, contacting other vendors, giving us advice and helping us with rentals, and so much more. After our first tasting, I had a lot of different ideas for things I would like to change, and she immediately responded, called me while she was on our vacation to ease my worries, and provided us with a second tasting to make sure we were thrilled - we definitely were. The timing of our reception was perfect. We had enough time as a couple to eat and visit with all of our guests- this was Rania's suggestion and her experience showed. Everyone raved about the food, and pastries (we had a pie buffet). As a baker I was thrilled with the pastry chef's work. The service was impeccable, everyone was extremely supportive, courteous, and helpful. I didn't have to worry about a single thing leading up to the wedding or on the wedding day!

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Stephanie S

Rania and her staff were AMAZING!! Susan was our floor manager and she made sure our reception went perfectly! The servers were very helpful and attentive. The food was DELICIOUS and we received many compliments on it!! We put complete trust in Rania's Catering and they did not... Read More let us down! We would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

mother of the bride

Reviewed on 10/21/2010 Rebecca K

Rania knows her business and her food is second to none! She was more like a wedding planner for us, dealing with everything from linen rentals to silverware choices. I won't use anyone else in Pittsburgh.

Look No Further

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Jesse R

Rania is not only the most amazing caterer, she may as well be your wedding planner. She is the most respected caterer in Pittsburgh, so she gets things done very quickly. She handles linens, silverware, chairs, appetizers, entrees, cake, you name it. She doesn't make wedding... Read More food, she makes gourmet food for your wedding. We are so thrilled that we chose Rania.

Rania Harris

Rania Harris began her catering business thirty-six years ago from her Mt Lebanon kitchen. Her goal was to cater “just a few” parties a year - to satisfy her love for cooking and entertaining. Eventually, one party led to another and happily her business grew into a full-scale catering operation, along with a gourmet take-out shop, a cafe, a cooking school, a pastry shop has a regular cooking segment be seen on KDKA TV 2 every Wednesday on Pittsburgh Today Live. Rania is your "go to" wedding specialist for catering and event planning!