Ravisloe Country Club

Guest Capacity

Country Club, Historic Venue

Food + Catering

18231 South Park Avenue, Homewood, IL

Pointer, Steele Wedding July 26, 2014.

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Tobie F

Pointer, Steele Wedding July 26, 2014. What an incredible day, the team at Ravisloe provided 5 star services. The grounds for the ceremony were perfect, with compliments of flowers and Ivy inviting our guest dancing around the frame clubhouse. The food was remarkable and... Read More beyond our expectation. Thank you for an impeccable day. Emanuel & Tobie Fitzpatrick (Parents)

Still Sad For My Cousin

Reviewed on 11/29/2013

I attended my cousins wedding at this location! I must say for the money she and her husband spent it was not worth it at all. I just found out on yesterday from another family member that they spent 95 dollars per person. True the location is nice but the food was horrible and... Read More I get it wedding food is not always the best but the food was really bad! They did refund her a 1,000 dollars but I know for a fact that all 10 people at my table didn't eat the food! I will never refer anyone to this location! The building is old and when you have a old building on a gold course you have mice, yes we did see a mouse in the courtyard area! And that's not just to beef up this review, it's the truth! I'm writing this review because I watched my cousin put so much energy into her wedding and she was nice to everyone during the whole process and to hear that she is still so very hurt by how she was treated by this venue is heartbreaking. Also, FYI they have speakers in the courtyard but they don't work so bring your own sound system if you plan to have a good rehearsal prior to your wedding! If you still decide to use this venue! I hope the food is better now then it was the day of my cousin wedding. Because my family will never get that day back and the venue didn't seem to have a problem with that. People praise Nachelle & Ashley but they were the greatest disappointment because they made a promise that the food would be great and it wasn't, and for that reason I would never recommend this venue to anyone. And they lost so much business as my cousins wedding had a number of guest that loved the venue until the food came out!

Nechelle is amazing.

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Leslie S

Ravisloe is beautiful and Nechelle is great to work with. We had so much fun and it was a great place for pictures. Everyone there went out of their way to make sure our day went smoothly -- it was a perfect day!

My Wedding Location

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Anita B

Overall excellent choice for location!!! Vendor provided excellent hospitality, pleasant atmosphere and very clean environment. Although food served just below room temperature and could have been a bit warmer, the guest complimented that food selections were great. Highly... Read More recomend this vendor.

The food was horrible!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 This is not the correct website w

Just had my wedding at this location. I'm giving the rating of one star because the food for the wedding was so poor that I couldn't even eat it. I was so in embarrassed by the quality and the fact that the food taste nothing like the food we had during the tasting. Although the... Read More staff was really nice, and I had a great ceremony and all my guest loved the location. The fact that the food was so nasty it took away from everything else. To be charged 95 dollars per person the food should have been on point. Meeting with the director today regarding the quality of food service I received but they really can't undo what has ready been done. Well after speaking with Ashley, I was made to feel that I was not telling the truth about the food which was even more hurtful. As she put it "she getting three different stories" well, I'm getting the same story from my guest the food was horrible period. Again, it's not about the money with me it's the principal and I'm warning anyone that's planning to have your wedding at this location it's not worth the money! N. Wash-Knight

Unique venue

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Rachel R

I loved my reception at Ravisloe. The whole process from the beginning to the end was so easy, thanks to Ashley, the wedding coordinator at Ravisloe. Also, the space isn't your traditional wedding venue. I got so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was. The food was... Read More also amazing. I've heard from multiple people that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. I really could not have asked for anything better.

2012-10-08T20:35:00 Response from the vendor

Rachel and Jarret!!!! Thank you so much for the fabulous comments. It truly makes our job amazing to have clients to work with like you and Jarret, you were a pleasure to work with over several months. Congratulations again and we wish you the utmost... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Carlyn C

Overall we were quite happy with things: the setting, the service, the atmosphere, etc. There were a few snafus (not all of the cake flavors were cut for the dessert bar, aisle runner was placed backwards, etc.) but overall I'd call them minor! BEAUTIFUL room - a little snug for... Read More walking between since we had 200 people, but no one else complained! Amazing tablescapes and phenomenal food!

Wedding Venue - Ravisloe was Great!

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Katie P

Ravisloe was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. We were looking for a "one-stop shop" that was beautiful, had character, had high ceilings (weird item on our must have list, but absolutely true), but also worked within our budget and Ravisloe met all of... Read More our criteria. The staff was also wonderful and made our special day seamless. Their courtyard is beautiful, the cocktail hour/alternate indoor ceremony space was a great alternate as it did rain on our wedding day, but still made for a nice ceremony space. The ballroom definitely had a classic feel to it, without being tacky or too ordinary. I also think our food was definitely above average for a wedding. All in all, we would definitely classify this venue as a "hidden gem" on the southwest side.

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Sara K

Ravisloe was an amazing place to have a wedding. The room we got married in, the reception room, and the grounds are absolutely beautiful! The staff was extremely helpful, and they made sure our day was perfect!

Review for Ravisloe Country Club

Reviewed on 9/04/2008 Jaime L

The food was not typical wedding food the chef works with you to design a menu.;The communication before the wedding was not great call instead of email for quicker answers.

TO Ravisloe Country Club