Ray the D.J. Professional Mobile Disc Jockey Service

Phoenix, Scottsdale, AZ

Classy! Elegant! Fun!

YOU are the center of our attention--after all, it is YOUR wedding. You will remember this day forever, choose a DJ who understands that today is your 'once in a lifetime.' We at Ray the D.J. strive to make it your day! Call now to reserve your DJ & start planning the music for your special day

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

PO Box 26040, Phoenix, Scottsdale, AZ (480) 921-9665

Jeremy Cullen

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Danielle V

Jeremy was awesome! He created a mashup song for my dad and I to dance to and it was perfect. He help make the transitions smoother from ceremony to dinner to dancing, because the venue did not really do anything regarding transitions. Jeremy didn't miss a beat. Always kept me... Read More informed and was great with communication. I give Jeremy from Ray the DJ my highest recommendation!!!

2016-07-07T16:34:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We very much appreciate you taking the time to send your sweet comments!!!

Jeremy was amazing!

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Chelsey S

When we first met Jeremy we had already met with several other DJ companies and weren't able to find the right one for us. The second we started talking to Jeremy we knew he was the one for us! He was knowledgeable, funny, and an all around great guy! He made our night... Read More everything we imagined and so much more. Our guest could not say enough great things about him!

Listens to what you want

Reviewed on 2/08/2014 bridget y

Firstly, my husband and I are not your run of the mill music lovers. We were not looking for a pop-infused top 40's, typical wedding music DJ as we and most of our guests are more inclined toward the punk music scene. That being said, we were looking for a DJ who could fuse that... Read More with some of our other tastes and avoid the overplayed, usual wedding nonsense. We had Jeremy from Ray the DJ. Upon meeting him, my husband and I were a tad skeptical. He made suggestions we vetoed right out of the gate and we were not sure he was 'getting' what we were looking for. After taking a step back though, we now realize he was just feeling out exactly what we did and DID NOT want. Jeremy was very responsive via email and in person. We told him what kind of atmosphere we wanted to create and also gave him two lists prior to the wedding: Must plays and Do not plays. We talked about artists we liked and did not like and what we could tolerate if guests requested. It worked out. He was able to do everything we asked, including changing the first dance song minutes before the first dance. Jeremy did a great job playing what made everyone happy, avoiding all the things we hate, while infusing things to make all of the age groups having fun. We received many compliments on the DJ and music chosen/played and would definitely work with him again. Jeremy blew our initial impression of him out of the water. Also, very reasonably priced.

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Lindsey W

We had Teffanie and she was fantastic. She entertained everyone, had amazing games, wonderful timing, and I had so many people compliment me on her alone! She was the life of the party!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Jackie T

Fun! Fun! Fun! Very helpful, kept everything moving, had a great personality and set the tone for the evening.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017

Marcus was absoloutely amazing! He DJ'd our wedding on May 13th 2017 and we were so, so impressed with his professionalism and he did such an awesome job helping us MC our wedding! He played great music and played every single one of our requested songs!!! My husband and I were... Read More so pleased with Marcus and the way that he kept our wedding guests entertained with all levels of music! Our wedding was at Ocotillo Golf Resort and we even had staff comment at how "great" our DJ was and that they would recommend him to others as well! Great job Ray the DJ! You guys exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Brandon C

My wife and I got married last August and I've been meaning to rave about this and company and especially our DJ, Marcus. I can not tell you how many people came up to us to comment on how good he was. He mixed in the music wonderfully, which kept the party going all night.... Read More It must say something that not writing a review had been weighing on me that I felt compelled to do it 8 months later. A side note, the website was easy to navigate through all of the planning steps and our experience was that they are nothing but professionals. Top Notch!

2017-05-10T17:25:08 Response from the vendor

It's music to our ears to hear how happy you were :-) Marucs truly has the passion for his craft and pours his heart, soul, & energy into creating a memorable & fun celebration. We are fortunate to have him as an all-star on our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Brooke S

We had Gustavo at our wedding and he was perfect! We needed someone that could blend a variety of music especially with Mexican music and he did an incredible job. He was great at keeping the party going without interrupting with too much talking. Breanna was always prompt with... Read More a response and made everything so easy! Would definitely recommend them :)

2017-05-10T17:29:29 Response from the vendor

Glad to hear that you were so happy with Gustavo and Breanna! Gustavo is a seasoned, professional DJ who especially enjoys weddings that incorporate Mexican music as he was born in Mexico City. Breanna is the engine that makes our office run so efficiently. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Chelsey R

My husband and I had a tough time deciding between a band or DJ for a wedding, but we went with Ray and we’re SO glad we did! He was the perfect DJ for the kind of party we wanted. We had our guests make song requests when they sent in their RSVPs and Ray helped us turn that... Read More into a playlist to get everyone on the dance floor. We had people dancing from the very start of the night to the end. It was perfect and Ray was great!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Jessica D

My husband and I had Ray dj our recent wedding at Troon North Golf Club. He was amazing! Ray and I had an initial call when I first got engaged. He was fun, personable, and clearly had a lot of experience making weddings memorable. I met with him again before the wedding and... Read More he made me feel like I was in good hands - he also made himself available for a last minute phone call when I decided, two days before, that I wanted to add an additional dance with my mom. He has an online portals that allows the one to clearly outline the songs they'd like played as well as what are the special songs (i.e - first dance, parent/child dance, grand entrance). It made the process so easy and organized. In addition, he and his team are SOOO responsive. I was always blown away by their response time and ability to quickly make themselves available for a phone call/question. Ray orchestrated the entire night and did a great job! He kept people on the dance floor with his great song choice and clearly ensured that all speeches/dances were done in a timely and seamless manner. I would highly, highly recommend him and his team!

2017-03-15T18:56:02 Response from the vendor

Jessica, Thank you so much for your glowing review :-) Your guests definitely came to party! Dancing in between courses--and at every opportunity they could. I and Breanna in our office totally enjoyed working with you. (Great job on your first dance BTW) Blessings always... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Liz A

Marcus was our DJ and he did our ceremony and reception music, as well as our lighting and everything was fantastic!!! We would recommend him to any couple looking for a fun, memorable night! He met with us initially in person to go over what the process would be and was... Read More receptive to my fiance's request to put together the playlist for cocktail hour, as he has more specific, non- traditional music tastes. We talked to Marcus several times prior to the wedding, and he always seemed to understand what we were looking for. We loved the online system that Ray the DJ uses to keep everything organized, which allows you to put in all the details, special dance songs, special requests and do not play lists. Marcus played a variety of songs that allowed all age ranges to dance, and then as the night went on, adjusted for the people that were there and focused on what was getting them dancing, which happened to be 90's and 00's hip hop. He checked in with us several times during the event to make sure that we were happy and he never took a break. We got a ton of compliments throughout the night. The lighting that Marcus set up was also AMAZING, and set the mood for the night. We are so happy we hired Marcus as our DJ!

2017-03-16T12:09:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Marcus very much enjoyed being part of your day!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Debbie A

Working with Marcus has been great. My husband and I were so pleased with Marcus. He did and amazing job. Once we met him, we knew he was the one we wanted to use. He was so professional and knew exactly what we wanted. His attention to detail was second to none. We would... Read More highly recommend Marcus to everyone. Thank you Marcus. You were exceptional and loved the "Italian" reference to our reception. Superb. :)

2017-05-10T17:33:39 Response from the vendor

Marcus is truly our internationally experienced DJ. He was born in Germany and attended school in Italy. He speaks both languages fluently which adds to what he was able to add to you reception. He was a DJ on Italian radio and also dance clubs.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Clare H

Marcus worked our wedding and was great! He called us twice before our wedding, to discuss song choices, timing specifics, and names. He was there very early to set up and make sure he was comfortable with our venue. His songs choices were excellent, he was on the microphone... Read More just enough to introduce those giving toasts, and that was it. He also gave us the courtesy of letting us know where we were in our schedule for the night, and if, for example, the time to cut cake had passed, he asked us when we would like to do it. He was great, and absolutely added to the fun atmosphere of our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Maggie B

Teffanie was UNREAL. I had requests from my guests after the wedding for her playlist because she did such a good job keeping everyone on the dance floor. She is professional and keeps the night rolling with cues on the microphone. I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Hillary K

Marcus was absolutely wonderful! He was so great to work with from the very first meeting - he called to check in a couple times and assisted us with any questions we had. He was patient and let us make our wedding and playlist our own while using his DJ expertise to play the... Read More perfect mix and make our party super fun!! He had an awesome attitude and accepted requests with a smile and even extended our time on the night of! Thanks so much Marcus!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Linda R

You can choose the girl's dresses, the guy's suits and the flowers, but that does not complete a wonderful wedding. You need great music and someone who can orchestrate the evening. We had that with Ray the DJ. We were lucky enough to have Ray personally, but I'm sure his other... Read More DJ's are as good too! He organized a fun entrance for the bridal party, he played beautiful music in the background during dinner and he had everyone dancing later. The dance floor was packed all night long! We had friends say it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to. Thank you to Ray for making this day so memorable!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tamra M

Great DJ, have been to three weddings where he DJd and can't wait to work with him for our wedding

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Leah M

Tony from Ray the DJ was the DJ selected for our wedding. We had quite a bit going on before the wedding including selling our house and moving, changing jobs, gone the week prior for a business, therefore, had waited until the last minute to upload our songs to your website.... Read More Literally, we were at the cutoff time uploading our requests. I spoke with Tony the week of the wedding. I apologized for the lateness on our side getting song choices to him. He was nothing but kind and considerate. He answered all my questions and even provided additional song choices to complete our list. He showed up early the afternoon of our wedding to ensure everything was set up and ready to go on time. He did a phenomenal job during the ceremony and reception. He went with the flow when we had additional changes to the wedding party and was very accommodating. Everything was perfect! Choose Tony to be your DJ. We couldn't have asked for anyone or anything better!! I would definitely recommend him or request him if the need arises to have DJ services at a future event. Leah S., 09/03/16 wedding

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Kristi B

The DJ for my wedding was Mike, and I can't say enough good things about him. He was beyond helpful at our planning meeting and made sure to answer any and all questions we had. We wanted to do a bridal party dance that was to cut into our first dance and was a mix of 4 songs.... Read More We only had to tell him the names of the songs and how long we wanted each one played. He then mixed it all together and sent it to us so we could practice. It came out better then I had hoped. On the actual wedding day everything went off without a hitch. He kept the whole night moving and did everything we wanted. The majority of our guests love to dance, and Mike made sure we could dance the whole night. At the end I had numerous friends and family members tell me that he was the best wedding DJ they had ever seen. You can't go wrong with him as your DJ.

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Ryan T

We HIGHLY recommend Ray the DJ! Robert was the DJ who worked with us, and he kept us all dancing! He was patient with us and went above and beyond to play the songs we requested. Ray the DJ is a great choice and we would recommend them for any wedding!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Taylor M

When we started the planning process, Breanna, the office manager, was very prompt at responding to emails and was so helpful! We liked the portal that we were able to request songs, make payments, and keep everything organized. However, on the wedding day DJ Jeremy was a... Read More little more hands on than we hoped for. He did a decent job at playing our requested songs, but he did play the incorrect 'last song'. He also kept talking with my husband and I at the sweetheart table. This was a time for us to relax and take it all in, and spend extra time together. Jeremy stopped by the sweetheart table while we were eating and interrupted and wanted to discuss our honeymoon? I had assumed that he would do his own thing and only talk to us when necessary. He was very nice, but it just didn't seem appropriate. He did however provide us with some extra uplighting that we appreciated. I would recommend Ray the DJ as a company, the portal and online billing was nice and they were very responsive to emails, but perhaps not Jeremy as a DJ!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Caitlin M

Clint and I had a blast at our wedding and so did our guests. Our main review from our guests was how FUN it was and we think so much of this had to with the way DJ Dan helped us plan the timeline and play the right tunes the day of. We were so impressed.

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Hannah Y

I was not impressed with DJ Dan from Ray the DJ. He was rude to my photographer several times throughout the night. He also refused my mom's request to turn the music down and rolled his eyes at me when I asked him later to turn the music down. He did not invite my guests to... Read More take a cupcake after the cake cutting. I asked him to introduce our parents as part of the bridal party grand entrance, and he basically told me no. He spoke very rudely to my aunt during the reception. He wants things his way is not going to let anyone tell him different. I loved all of my other wedding vendors, and Dan is the only vendor that I would not recommend to a friend.

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Daniella B

Jeremy was our DJ and he did a great job at our reception. My husband and I had a few calls with him prior to the wedding to discuss our style and the kind of music we liked; I thought the Ray the DJ planning software was really helpful during this process. Jeremy kept guests... Read More engaged throughout the night and, from what I saw, worked well with venue staff. Overall, very pleased and would recommend!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Charly T

Ray was such a great DJ. He ran the entire reception flawlessly and everyone was on the dance floor. I'm glad I was able to talk with him beforehand because he came up with some really great ideas for the ceremony. My favorite thing that he did was a dance with all the couples... Read More and then he would excuse them by number of years married, so the last couple standing was the couple married the longest. It was really cool and the couple that won grew up with my parents and have been a part of my life since birth. It was really great to have such a memorable moment with them. There were no issues with timing during the reception and everything flowed smoothly. I would definitely hire Ray again for a future party!