Serving Des Moines and Any Destination

Fun, natural, and creative wedding photography for Iowa and any destination! We make the photos as easy as possible so that you and your party can enjoy your special day--and after it's over, you have the wonderful photos of the day! High-Res CD & Custom Flush Mount albums with most packages.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

506 E 6th ST, Des Moines, IA Iowa and all Destinations (515) 639-0733

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Megan L

First off, Paul and Tammy are AMAZING!! They are seriously everything we could have asked for. We are from the Cedar Rapids area and they drove from Des Moines to capture our engagement pictures and our wedding. And I have to say, there wasn't a picture I didn't like. They are... Read More such a fun duo to work with and will do anything you ask them to do. I can't express enough my gratitude to them. Every little smirk or happy moment during our wedding and engagement session was captured in a photograph. They also get your proofs back to you very quick. We had our wedding proofs back in 2 weeks. Lastly, my favorite part about their work is the highlight video they send along with music of your engagement and wedding. I will forever hold those videos close to my heart. If I could give 1000 star rating I definitely would!

2016-10-26T12:36:05 Response from the vendor

Megan - Your Amana Colony barn wedding was one we will always remember! What a crazy FUN day you had! :) Thanks for your review - it means a ton.

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Lindsey C

If we could give Paul and Tammy more than 5 stars, we would. They were phenomenal from start to finish, from our first meeting, to the engagement session, and then finally, our wedding day. We were completely at ease the entire time, they are lightening fast (which is awesome if... Read More you don't love getting your picture taken) and they are just the most professional, experienced team when it comes to getting the job done and managing a lot of family members. Paul helped my husband with his tie, and Tammy made sure I had everything in the right place. They really were experts on all the logistics and intricacies of weddings and made the day so relaxing and FUN! We couldn't be more pleased with Red Door.

2016-05-01T11:05:09 Response from the vendor

Lindsey! We are so blessed to be a part of your beautiful personal wedding and to get to work with you and Erik. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

A+++++ Let me just start by saying if picking a wedding photographer had been up to me, I would have gone with whoever was cheapest. I'm VERY glad my wife made the executive decision to go with Paul and Tammy. It's easy to look at their pictures and see they do great work, but... Read More what impressed me the most about them wasn't their pictures (which turned out great btw). It was how much smoother and organized our day was because of them. Yeah they were our photographers, but I felt like we had two very experienced coaches/ wedding planners making sure everything was going as planned and everyone was having fun. They were a huge part of our day and it definitely wouldn't have been the same without them. Also, get the slide show at the reception, you won't regret it. We got tons of compliments about it and it was definitely one of my favorite parts of the reception. Keep in mind this is coming from someone whose biggest goal going into this thing was get married for as cheap as possible. Thanks Paul and Tammy you guys are awesome!!

2015-10-22T11:57:29 Response from the vendor

:) Thanks so much Joel (we're pretty sure this is you)! We're so blessed to get to work with such a cool couple.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Megan D

The photographers were wonderful! They helped tremendously when our wedding planner wasn't doing the job she was hired for. Very calming, pleasant & efficient. Can't wait to see all our photos!

2017-06-12T16:04:00 Response from the vendor

What a great wedding day! So happy that you were pleased with us. :) Its important to us that everyone enjoys the wedding day and we'll do what we can to make that happen. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Hailee P

Red Door Photo and Design are absolutely incredible!!!! They were easy to work with, and are so experienced with weddings!!! During our photo time for our big day they were so organized we were done early, not to mention the shots they got. We had a tough time choosing what we... Read More wanted to go in our album and hang on the walls because they were all good!!! The recommendation that I got as a bride was to choose wisely with a photographer and spend the extra money on someone who knows what they are doing, this is them to a tee!!! They are fabulous!!!!

2016-11-08T18:29:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks Hailee! What a happy wonderful wedding day you and Andy had! We are so lucky to get to work with great couples like you!!! Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Megan R

Tammy and Paul are truly amazing at what they do. We could not ask for better photographers!! They are so much fun to work with and truly care about their work and the client. We had so many compliments from our guests asking who our photographers were due to their entertaining... Read More personalities and great photos they took. We have 0 complaints and would highly recommend to anyone looking for fun photographers who product absolutely amazing work. Couldn't say enough about these two. They are absolutely phenomenal.

2016-11-02T22:48:40 Response from the vendor

WOW! Thank you Megan! :) Your downtown Cedar Rapids wedding was fantastic! Loved working with you and your family.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Kristin W

Paul and Tammy are exceptional at what they do! They helped with the flow of our special day and helped ease our nerves. Our pictures turned out beautiful and I can't thank them enough!!

2016-11-01T11:46:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Kristin! You had a great day and we are so happy we got to capture it for you. :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michelle G

Absolutely amazing! Best photographers we could ever ask for. We are from Montana and had Paul and Tammy travel to us and they could not have been better! They made our whole experience so easy and relaxing! BEST photographers ever!

2016-11-01T11:48:17 Response from the vendor

We are super lucky that we got to be a part of your gorgeous Montana wedding! Beautiful surroundings, great people and a lot of fun. Thanks again for letting us capture it for you.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Katie R

One of the best decisions that we made for our wedding was choosing Red Door as our photographer. Not only did they do a great job and provide us with amazing memories to last a lifetime, they were fun and helped us through or big day with a lot of laughs. We love our engagement... Read More photos and all of the moments that were captured on our big day. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

2016-10-30T20:18:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks Katie! Your "cow" thank you card is on our board and makes me smile whenever I see it. Glad you have wonderful memories too. :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Michelle K

Paul and Tammy were great to work with. They kept both the engagement session and day of running smoothly and stayed to get all the pictures we wanted. Pictures were actually fun and turned out great! Would HIGHLY recommend them for your big day! :)

2016-10-30T20:17:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Michelle! You guys were great too! :) Will always LOVE your grandparent's trees... Wish you lived closer! :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Anna

Absolutely love Paul and Tammy! Would recommend them to anyone! They really take the time to get to know you and are so on top of things they made our life so much easier on our wedding day having everything laid our!! Can't wait to do more work with them! :)

2016-10-28T16:49:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks Anna! Loved working with you guys on your BIG day!!! Looking forward to working with you more. :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Amy k

Red door photography did an awesome job capturing our wedding day! They provided us with more pictures than we could ever imagine and it was difficult to pick out our favorites. They did an awesome job communicating with us throughout the whole planning process and the day of... Read More the wedding. They also did an amazing job at keeping the pictures moving, on schedule, and getting the pictures we wanted. I would recommend them to anyone who is getting married!

2016-10-28T16:50:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Caitlynn + Terry! Such a fun wedding with you guys... :) We appreciate your review. Thanks!!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Dan H

Aside from the beautiful photos, the whole experience was amazing. Paul and Tammy are simply amazing people! they kept us on schedule and were a blast to hang out with all day! There's a reason they've been so highly rated for so long, and we're glad we read reviews, picked... Read More them, and that they were just as Big a part of our day as anyone! Thanks Paul and Tammy!!!

2016-10-28T16:52:12 Response from the vendor

D+B's day was amazing! Beautiful couple! Thanks for your review. Can't wait to work with you again!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Dan H

2016-10-26T20:51:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks guys! Your wedding party was seriously one of the funniest ever! So fun. Thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katie F

Paul and Tammy are simply AMAZING to work with. They make any couple feel like they are one of a kind. It was a balmy 97 degrees on our wedding day. No matter how hot it was they made it easy and enjoyable to take pictures... and they look incredible. Hands down picking Red Door... Read More was the best decision we made when it came to our wedding!

2016-10-26T13:09:33 Response from the vendor

Awww..... thanks Katie! Your wedding that ended with fireworks! What a day!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley R

Paul & Tammy went above and beyond for my husband and I on not only our engagement session, but our destination wedding. They incorporated all of our wishes with some new, fun ideas of their own and made our whole year something amazing to remember! We traveled 2 hours in... Read More order to have them photograph us, and it was worth every penny. They offer reasonable packages, and like I mentioned, even travel with you if that's what your heart desires! I have and will continue to recommend Red Door Photo & Design over and over again. We couldn't be happier with the quality of their services!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley R

2016-10-26T12:15:19 Response from the vendor

Thanks Ashley! You guys had such a fun destination wedding! We are so happy that we get to work with you.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Kate R

Tammy and Paul are absolute rockstars. From our engagement photos to the wedding day, they made everything so easy. Cannot recommend them enough.

2016-06-02T19:52:47 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! You guys are rock stars!!! Looking forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Sara P

Looking for the perfect wedding photographers? Stop looking, because you have just found them! Paul and Tammy are a husband and wife duo (yes, TWO photographers) who have the experience and skill that result in the most beautiful wedding photos ever! They are so much fun to work... Read More with, we could not be more blessed to have found them for our wedding day! Years from now, we have so many treasured moments they have captured to look back on and remember our day. The are so much fun to work with, and very timely and prompt with any questions you could have. I promise, you will not be disappointed. They are the best!!

2015-10-22T11:58:21 Response from the vendor

Will never forget your windy Storm Lake wedding Sara! A gorgeous day for two awesome people! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Jill A

Info could give a million stars I would! Paul and Tammy are amazing to work with! They make photos so much fun and they have the best ideas and are so patient!! We had a very unique atmosphere for our wedding and they some how made a HOCKEY WEDDING beautiful and classy!! Photos... Read More were/are amazing! I'd suggest them to anyone anytime!! Thanks for making our wedding so incredible!! Your photos line our walls and I love them!!!

2015-10-15T20:17:34 Response from the vendor

What a fun and unique wedding you had Jill! So glad we didn't fall on the ice!!!! :) Thank you for your review

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Paul and Tammy are great! I've had people come up to me after the wedding saying how much fun they were to be around and how great the pictures look, I would recommend them for any/all photo needs, especially on your special day!

2015-10-14T20:18:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We are blessed to work with great people!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 D H

A year later and we can look back at the photo's from Red Door and still feel the excitement and love from our wedding day. Paul & Tammy are the best.

2015-10-14T20:17:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 E H

Paul & Tammy are the best, thank you for capturing our wedding in such an amazing fashion!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Eric H

Red Door treated us to the best experience you could ask for from a wedding photographer. The ability they have to capture moments is beyond amazing. One glance from a picture instantly transports you into that moment again. They have great ideas for new and unique pictures... Read More and poses that you won't see anywhere else. You don't have to worry about other people having a similar looking photo to you. Paul & Tammy are simply the best. To say that they are the best in Des Moines would not be giving them enough credit. Thank you for the great work and lifetime memories!

2015-10-14T20:16:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Paul and Tammy are the absolute BEST in the business! They are so much fun to work with and captured our wedding day so perfectly. They do amazing and unique work, and they truly care about their clients. Our family and friends loved them and I would recommend them to everyone!... Read More Thank you both for capturing our special day!

2015-10-14T17:21:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! So glad we've gotten to work with you guys!

Paul and Tammy

Hi! We are Paul and Tammy - we are the owners and photographers for Red Door Photo. We are married too! :) We love weddings and have a strong desire to capture your special event in a unique and fun way. Thanks for checking us out - hope we can talk soon!