RED LETTER DJS DJs, Photography, & Flipbook Studios

Chicagoland

Uniquely Personalized DJ Service

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Naperville, IL
Chicagoland

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Stephanie K

Jeremy and the entire Red Letter DJs staff were incredible to work with! Out of all our vendors they were by far the ones that gave us the most confidence and were there every step of the way! Dan was our DJ and Jeremy referred us to CJ for videography and both were extremely... Read More professional and on point! Dan kept the dance floor packed the entire night and made sure everything ran smoothly. He was both a great DJ and a classy MC, which was exactly what we wanted! CJ did a great job of capturing everything without being obtrusive and we love the cinematic feel of our video! We couldn't have possibly asked for anything more and they still delivered above and beyond our expectations! A first class company and great choice for sure!!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Kristina M

If we could, my wife and I would give Red Letter DJs a 0. Our complaints start with the services provided the day of our wedding. A week prior to our wedding date, we contacted Jeremy to confirm what time the videographer would arrive. After numerous attempts, we never heard... Read More back. The morning of our wedding we were unsure if anyone would show up. The videographer did show up but right away you could tell he had no idea what he was doing. He showed up late to our first look and we had to wait for him to set up to do it. There were no wireless mics given so we are unsure if he even got the important details of our day-ceremony/dances/etc. We also used the photo-booth services through the company. we were supposed to have a classic photo booth, but ended up being a white screen in front of a wall and a webcam. Our wedding was on October 24th last year. My wife and I have tried to contact Jeremy countless times without any response. About 2 months ago my wife was finally able to get a hold of Jeremy and he said he was putting the final touches on our video and it should be in the mail in the next couple days. It is now 2/22/16, 17 weeks after, and we still have not received our video, despite our contracting stating 6-8 weeks.

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

Red Letter DJs was a great pick for our wedding DJ! Ben was very professional, flexible and on top of everything. He helped our day run smoothly and checked in with us frequently to guide us through the itinerary. Everyone was able to hear us during our vows, the microphone... Read More picked up our voices well. Music choices were on par with the mood and energy of the crowd. He mixed the songs well and had all our guests, grandma included, dancing. We especially liked that they had a flat rate for pricing and was not a la cart like other DJs. We had multiple areas that he had to set up and we appreciated it was just one rate. We had many compliments on our choice of DJ and would highly recommend him to any of our friends!

Reviewed on 2/14/2016

Jeremy and Voke are by far the best DJs in the world! They really listened to what my husband and I had to say about the music for our wedding. There wasn't a single song played that cleared the dance floor but instead brought more and more people out as the night went on. Our... Read More guests wouldn't stop commenting about how awesome the music was. They hit all walks of life using songs that literally everyone could enjoy, no matter the generation! If you are looking for a DJ that will blow your guests away, Red Letter DJs is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2/12/2016

Working with Red Letter DJs was a pleasure from start to finish. We were referred to them by friends who had hired them at their wedding, and we are thrilled that we took their recommendation. Jeremy was very prompt in our email correspondence, and understanding when we made... Read More last minute requests in the final weeks before the wedding. Our final meeting with Voke showed that he was a well-seasoned professional. He had prepared for every single detail of the wedding and provided us with a clear outline of how the night would go. We received many compliments from our wedding attendees about how great the DJ was, and we were impressed by how he created seamless transitions between events during the evening. He also helped us in planning a special musical performance for the reception. Voke and Jeremy, thank you so much for helping to make our wedding such a beautiful event!

Reviewed on 2/12/2016 Whitney C

I met Jeremy at a bridal expo I attended with my mother in law. He was very personable, detailed and organized and I like that! The process he described in planning our day made so much sense. I could tell he knew how to provide the best music and MC services available. Now I... Read More just had to get my fiance on board. We met with Jeremy for a consultation and my fiance was instantly in agreement with booking him. Jeremy made it clear that he was going to make our day the best ever and keep the dancing and energy going. That is what we wanted! His questionnaire and interviews were so detailed and allowed us to really describe our ideal music taste! Honestly, I wish everyone could have seen our dance floor! It was never empty. I never sat down and many others didn't either. Jeremy had our grandparents, parents, relatives, friends, bridal party and younger cousins all DANCING. It was truly a party for everyone! I would highly recommend booking him for your wedding! Our friends and family are still telling us our wedding was the best they have ever been to and I know our music and MC Dan helped make that possible. Thank you Jeremy and Red Letter DJs!

Reviewed on 2/12/2016

Red Letter DJs was a DREAM to work with. Out of all of the vendors at my wedding, I worried about them the least. I had seen Dan DJ my friend's wedding and he did an amazing job, so I knew that he'd be able to take care of me and my wedding with no problem. For everything they... Read More included the price was more than fair and the service is flawless! Dan was great at MC-ing as well as taking stock of the crowd and knowing what song to play when. He's super flexible as well and was up for just about anything or any change we threw at him. The online song list was SUPER helpful and made choosing the soundtrack for our wedding easy and fun. He's a delight, super professional and 100% reliable. The owner, Jeremy, was always very prompt and helpful as well! I would work with Red Letter DJs again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 2/12/2016

Dan really made our night! From the very beginning he was very thorough in his approach to making sure our night was everything we dreamed it could be. The energy matched what we were hoping for and his participation really helped to reflect our personalities. He kept the crowd... Read More involved, and everyone was movin' and groovin' all night! We had a lot of little personal touches we requested that were completely out of the norm, and he incorporated them with ease and style. The only problem we had, was that it was so much fun, no one wanted it to end! Thank you Dan for everything you did to make our night so wonderful! We would highly recommend Red Letter DJs to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016

I can't say enough great things about Jeremy and Red Letter DJs as a whole. Not only did they make picking songs/other decisions for the big day super easy, I really got a sense that they were excited about being part of my event. Multiple guests told me how great they thought... Read More the music was and I had to agree -- we never had a time when there wasn't almost every guest out on the dance floor. We also had about 10 songs that we had requested to be played and Jeremy played all of them and made sure to fit them in where they sounded right. Jeremy was AMAZING at keeping the flow of the wedding going and even implemented a number of special activities we'd asked him to include in the evening. He was the perfect MC, DJ, and host! The lighting was even better than we could have imagined, the photobooth we'd booked through them was a BLAST, and we'd recommend anyone that wants to start their wedding right to go with Red Letter DJs!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Liza T

I am so disappointed in this company. I really wanted to be able to give Ben and Jeremy 5 stars. We used their flipbook booth at our wedding in August of 2015, and it was absolutely great during the reception. The guests as well as my husband and I were thrilled with having... Read More them as part of our celebration. After the wedding, we were supposed to receive a DVD of the video footage from the flipbook booth (this was in our contract). My mom said that they had not been returning her calls, so I called Ben right before Christmas. He actually called me back within minutes (surprisingly), and he said that he had sent a copy of the DVD already (which was to my parents house, and they never received it). We were understanding, and he said that he would send the DVD to my address within a few days. Apparently, something had happened with the footage, and they had to send it to a company to be recovered, and that was the cause of the delay. But that in itself is no problem. The problem is that it has been nearly 6 months since the wedding. Not only have we not received the DVD, but Ben has repeatedly ignored my calls, texts, and emails. I felt like I was extrememly polite and understanding, but never have I felt so disrespected and blatantly ignored, especially by someone who is supposed to be running a business! Perhaps these guys are great DJs, as they were great during the wedding with their flipbook booth, but I would highly advise against hiring them due to their extreme lack of professional standards. I am considering filing with small claims court, as we have the contract still which explicitly states that we would receive a DVD. And honestly...if something happened and they lost the footage or something, we would have been understanding of that; I understand that mistakes and accidents happen in life. But completely ignoring someone's calls, texts, and emails without a single hint of an explanation? Not okay. I have never been more disappointed in a company before. Be advised: take your money elsewhere and hire someone who will follow-through with their contract.

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

We had Jeremy dj our wedding and he was fantastic. I knew I was taking a risk because I've never heard him dj before, but I really have nothing but great things to say. Jeremy was very upbeat and played great music. So great a second dance floor was started in another room bc... Read More the main dance floor was packed. He took into account his audience and played both old a new music and even some Italian music which was fun. He played songs from my request list and played guest requests too. He met with me, the groom, and the bridal party to give us a run down of everything ahead of time. I really couldn't ask for anyone better. Thanks for making our wedding memorable!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

AMAZING. First, the Friday night discount is awesome. The uplighting was gorgeous in the Silver Fox in Streator, IL. The website they use to organize your music choices works perfectly. Their response time is also quick, via text or email or phone call. I had some strange music... Read More choices and they played exactly what I asked for, when I asked for it. Ben was our DJ that night and he was ON POINT. What a beautiful day , made even better by the seamless music. Their experience is obvious, though not dated. Oh, and they did not play ANY of my Do Not Play songs. Thank you very much for that.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Katie I

I would not give them one star but 0 is not an option. I was recommended to Red Letter DJs by the bridal salon where i got my dress. I was in desperate need of a videographer and Jeremy at Red Letter DJs was one of the few remaining with availability for my wedding date on... Read More August 8, 2015. We negotiated a price for just videography and i signed a contract and paid half of the amount and the other half was due closer to the wedding. As soon as i paid and signed the contract its like Jeremy went MIA. He wouldnt return any of my emails, never reached out to lock down details. Within a couple weeks of my wedding i started freaking out because he was not replying, i hadnt heard from him in months and i had no idea if he would show up the day of my wedding. 3 days before my wedding he finally replied. He always had an excuse as to why he didnt reply. We locked down details for my wedding and he referred me to one of his employees who would be shooting my wedding/reception. The videographer, CJ, showed up and everything seemed to go as planned. However, once at the reception, after our special dances with our parents and each other, CJ approached my new husband and me and asked if my husband could 'redo your dance with your mom because my camera malfunctioned and I didnt record it'. To which we said no because thats a once in a lifetime thing that you dont just stop a reception to redo. The videographer approached me again towards the end of the night as I was dancing asking for the final payment...which i was annoyed by because i wouldve preferred to pay him prior but his employer was MIA and refused to reply to set anything up. I paid him in full that night and the video was supposed to be done 4-6 weeks later. At the 6 week mark i emailed Jeremy asking on the videos whereabouts...to which he replied that he mailed it 'a couple weeks ago'. I replied saying i never received it and he replied that he had not put our apartment number on it but would resend, 'no problem'. This was back on September 14, 2015. Today is October 26, 2015 and i have still not received it and Jeremy refuses to email me back or return my calls. I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau as well in regards to paying him for a service i did not receive. BEWARE. Definitely do NOT recommend this company. Very unprofessional.

2015-11-06T04:00:40 Response from the vendor

Hi Katie! I think you may have meant to post this somewhere else. Even as our page here shows we are a DJ company that offers sound, lighting, DJ, and MC services with a few other options- photobooths, flipbook studios, and we provide some exclusive... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Red Letter DJ was great to work with. The package we got was a great deal, they were easy to communicate with and their website is so convenient and easy to use it made the whole process a breeze. Ben was our DJ for our wedding and he did an absolutely fantastic job. He was very... Read More professional yet fun and did everything he could to make the night go smoothly - and it did! The ceremony music was right on cue and the reception was amazing! He kept the dance floor full all night. The venue said they had never seen so many people dancing there before. Everyone was having such a great time dancing we actually ended up extending our reception! I HIGHLY recommend Ben!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

As a former dj myself I can honestly say that everything went smoothly. John was a total professional and did a great job. He had the guests up and dancing all evening. He also did a great job of keeping the flow of the entire wedding from the ceremony to the cake cutting and... Read More all the other scheduled activities. Two thumbs up for Red Letter DJS!

Worst Part of Our Wedding

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Laura N

We hired Red Letter DJs as a rec from our friends who had been married the year before. The DJ at their wedding played the best songs and kept the audience dancing. We got a $500 discount which allowed us to have 6 hours of music and uplighting. They even had this cool online... Read More tool which allowed you to request music. Our DJ was horrible from the moment he walked into the room. The uplighting looked cheesy and the "love songs" we requested consisted entirely of Kenny G, which we never asked for. He would STOP the music completely to switch songs and did not MC at all. For our regular music he did not play any requested songs. The only thing he got right was our first dance song. My husband and his mother's song had no words and the DJ fled out as soon as his time was up. This was a terrible choice and unless you know who your DJ is in advance, I WOULD NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY.

2015-10-08T16:25:37 Response from the vendor

I'm really sorry to if you had an experience like this from our company- as I've never been informed of anything like this happening I'm not sure if this is actually from one of our weddings. In the history of our company I've never had... Read Less Read More

amazing

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Kailey V

Simply the best! And so much fun!!! Photo booth was great! So much fun!!

Jeremy was AWESOME!!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Barbara P

We have had several of our wedding guests compliment us on the DJ services provided by Red Letter DJ's. Even a few friends who will be getting married in the near future have asked for his information to use in their wedding. Jeremy was our DJ. He was there every step of the... Read More planning process, up through the morning of our wedding with the final details. He made sure the music that was played people were dancing, or he would change the song. He kept the vibe up the entire reception where some guests never left the dance floor. Overall great quality and good price for a wedding DJ. We will be using them again for future events.

Services not fully rendered

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Melissa M

We had a Flip Book Booth at our wedding and the booth itself was fun and everyone enjoyed it. But we were suppose to receive a disc, after the wedding, containing all of the video clips from the wedding. To this day we have not received the disc and it has been 7 months since... Read More our wedding. The owner Jeremy Mancini answered our calls and emails at first and kept assuring us it would ship out the next day and now he won't even respond to me after he asked me to rate the DJ service on here. So I gave them positive feedback for that service but I am now leaving bad feedback for his service for the Flip Book Booth because he has failed to fill all of his part of our contractual agreement of the services and products he was suppose to provide.

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Mike P

We hired Red Letter DJ for our July 3 wedding. Our DJ was Sam & he did an absolutely fantastic job keeping the crowd happy & dancing all night long. Red Letter DJ also provided the music for our ceremony which was tasteful & awesome. My mom can not stop raving about how good our... Read More DJ was & she is a hard woman to please. I would definitely recommend Red Letter DJ to anyone looking for a fantastic wedding DJ.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Jean W

I'm writing this review for my mom and my new step dad, thank you for making their wedding day (5/24) so special! I was doing most of the research for vendors for them. Which us through the night. Very friendly, organized and got the party started! So thank you guys for helping... Read More make such a memorable day for my family!!

awesome

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Tara H

I absolutely love their website. You can plan your wedding music using it and it gives the DJs a cheat sheet. Our DJ,Sam, did an awesome job keeping things on track, And was very personable. At one point he asked the little kids in the bridal party what their favorite song was... Read More so he could play it for them.

THE way to go

Reviewed on 4/26/2015

I'm picky when it comes to music. Picky may be the wrong word…difficult. Yeah that's it. I'm difficult. I hate going to weddings and hearing the same 20 songs over and over over. It makes me angry, and then I want to leave. Seriously there are millions of songs and it's always... Read More the same freaking 20. So when it came time to select the dj for our wedding my bride to be let me make the selection (probably to save herself a headache I would create and who can blame her). We went to an expo and met Jeremy with Red Letter. He owns the company and you can tell by how much pride he puts into it and his work. We spoke at the expo and it was the next day when he gave me a phone call to see if we were interested in meeting. We set up a date and spent an hour with him going over music taste, what we wanted and just chatting. He's extremely nice and friendly while still being very professional. The value you will get is incredible. For the price of what most will charge you just for the music we got uplighting, ceremony set up, dance floor lighting and could have gotten more if we'd so desired. When we asked him why he offers SO MUCH at such a reasonable price his response was "Hey I've got all this stuff why wouldn't I want to use it?". Between that and the fact that he's not just a guy who's using this as a way to make extra cash we were sold. I didn't make it easy on him. Our song selections were stuff he had to pull off of the internet, we had to send a cut of our first dance to him since we personally cut it and I created a "Do Not Play" list that could have seriously hamstrung someone who was going through the motions. Even with all that Jeremy's response was always without fail "That's not a problem at all!", and it never was. The reception went without a hitch on his end, we got what we paid for and more, and were very very happy with everything. I'd highly suggest (and may myself again) use Red Letter for any and all dj needs.

2015-04-27T17:22:20 Response from the vendor

lol- it was a blast breaking away and coming up with new ideas for a great wedding!! I'm so glad I was able to DJ for you and Kristy, thanks so much for trusting us with your wedding! (Oh, and sorry for that "do not... Read Less Read More