RED LETTER DJS DJs, Photography, & Flipbook Studios

Chicagoland

Uniquely Personalized DJ Service

Your wedding deserves to be Red Letter- noteworthy, memorable! Professional DJs with Elegance & Value- the most you'll spend is $250/hr which includes dance lighting, uplights, and name in lights! We want to make your day perfect! Take $100 off at our website. Check out our Flipbook Studios!

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Naperville, IL
Chicagoland

AMAZING DJ

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

My husband and I are sooo happy that we chose to go with Red Letter DJ's. Our DJ, Dan V. was an absolute delight to work with. He was amazing and had a hard crowd to work with but everyone at the wedding was very pleased with his work. I thank you Jeremy for putting Dan V. to... Read More work with us. We were very pleased with his work. I highly recommend him for anybody's wedding...

Amazing DJ service! We loved Sam!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Kylee C

We met Red Letter DJ's at a wedding expo last winter. Most DJ's I had looked into seemed very expensive, and even when I picked a large package, it did not include everything we wanted. However, Red Letter had a great all-inclusive package! Email communication was quick and easy... Read More the whole time and the online planner was easy to use! We had not even met our DJ Sam, but as soon as we got to the reception we knew he had everything covered for us! He was so professional, yet still fun, energetic, and an all around nice person. At every point during the night, he seemed to be doing anything possible to make sure things were going smoothly and running the way we wanted. He was interactive and kept people dancing the entire night!! I HIGHLY recommend Red Letter DJ's, specifically Sam for all your wedding needs!

Happy customer

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Elyse N

We had a wonderful experience with red letter djs as our wedding music provider. To start, their website was so easy to use and everything that we requested that was not already in their data base, they were able to add in our play list. Ben was our dj for the night and he was... Read More fantastic to work with. He was on top of our schedule, played everything perfectly on cue and was very personable. Red letter djs made our day that much more special and our guests after getting on the dance floor rarely left it. I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks again guys!!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016

I can't say enough great things about Jeremy and Red Letter DJs as a whole. Not only did they make picking songs/other decisions for the big day super easy, I really got a sense that they were excited about being part of my event. Multiple guests told me how great they thought... Read More the music was and I had to agree -- we never had a time when there wasn't almost every guest out on the dance floor. We also had about 10 songs that we had requested to be played and Jeremy played all of them and made sure to fit them in where they sounded right. Jeremy was AMAZING at keeping the flow of the wedding going and even implemented a number of special activities we'd asked him to include in the evening. He was the perfect MC, DJ, and host! The lighting was even better than we could have imagined, the photobooth we'd booked through them was a BLAST, and we'd recommend anyone that wants to start their wedding right to go with Red Letter DJs!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Liza T

I am so disappointed in this company. I really wanted to be able to give Ben and Jeremy 5 stars. We used their flipbook booth at our wedding in August of 2015, and it was absolutely great during the reception. The guests as well as my husband and I were thrilled with having... Read More them as part of our celebration. After the wedding, we were supposed to receive a DVD of the video footage from the flipbook booth (this was in our contract). My mom said that they had not been returning her calls, so I called Ben right before Christmas. He actually called me back within minutes (surprisingly), and he said that he had sent a copy of the DVD already (which was to my parents house, and they never received it). We were understanding, and he said that he would send the DVD to my address within a few days. Apparently, something had happened with the footage, and they had to send it to a company to be recovered, and that was the cause of the delay. But that in itself is no problem. The problem is that it has been nearly 6 months since the wedding. Not only have we not received the DVD, but Ben has repeatedly ignored my calls, texts, and emails. I felt like I was extrememly polite and understanding, but never have I felt so disrespected and blatantly ignored, especially by someone who is supposed to be running a business! Perhaps these guys are great DJs, as they were great during the wedding with their flipbook booth, but I would highly advise against hiring them due to their extreme lack of professional standards. I am considering filing with small claims court, as we have the contract still which explicitly states that we would receive a DVD. And honestly...if something happened and they lost the footage or something, we would have been understanding of that; I understand that mistakes and accidents happen in life. But completely ignoring someone's calls, texts, and emails without a single hint of an explanation? Not okay. I have never been more disappointed in a company before. Be advised: take your money elsewhere and hire someone who will follow-through with their contract.

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

We had Jeremy dj our wedding and he was fantastic. I knew I was taking a risk because I've never heard him dj before, but I really have nothing but great things to say. Jeremy was very upbeat and played great music. So great a second dance floor was started in another room bc... Read More the main dance floor was packed. He took into account his audience and played both old a new music and even some Italian music which was fun. He played songs from my request list and played guest requests too. He met with me, the groom, and the bridal party to give us a run down of everything ahead of time. I really couldn't ask for anyone better. Thanks for making our wedding memorable!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

AMAZING. First, the Friday night discount is awesome. The uplighting was gorgeous in the Silver Fox in Streator, IL. The website they use to organize your music choices works perfectly. Their response time is also quick, via text or email or phone call. I had some strange music... Read More choices and they played exactly what I asked for, when I asked for it. Ben was our DJ that night and he was ON POINT. What a beautiful day , made even better by the seamless music. Their experience is obvious, though not dated. Oh, and they did not play ANY of my Do Not Play songs. Thank you very much for that.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Katie I

I would not give them one star but 0 is not an option. I was recommended to Red Letter DJs by the bridal salon where i got my dress. I was in desperate need of a videographer and Jeremy at Red Letter DJs was one of the few remaining with availability for my wedding date on... Read More August 8, 2015. We negotiated a price for just videography and i signed a contract and paid half of the amount and the other half was due closer to the wedding. As soon as i paid and signed the contract its like Jeremy went MIA. He wouldnt return any of my emails, never reached out to lock down details. Within a couple weeks of my wedding i started freaking out because he was not replying, i hadnt heard from him in months and i had no idea if he would show up the day of my wedding. 3 days before my wedding he finally replied. He always had an excuse as to why he didnt reply. We locked down details for my wedding and he referred me to one of his employees who would be shooting my wedding/reception. The videographer, CJ, showed up and everything seemed to go as planned. However, once at the reception, after our special dances with our parents and each other, CJ approached my new husband and me and asked if my husband could 'redo your dance with your mom because my camera malfunctioned and I didnt record it'. To which we said no because thats a once in a lifetime thing that you dont just stop a reception to redo. The videographer approached me again towards the end of the night as I was dancing asking for the final payment...which i was annoyed by because i wouldve preferred to pay him prior but his employer was MIA and refused to reply to set anything up. I paid him in full that night and the video was supposed to be done 4-6 weeks later. At the 6 week mark i emailed Jeremy asking on the videos whereabouts...to which he replied that he mailed it 'a couple weeks ago'. I replied saying i never received it and he replied that he had not put our apartment number on it but would resend, 'no problem'. This was back on September 14, 2015. Today is October 26, 2015 and i have still not received it and Jeremy refuses to email me back or return my calls. I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau as well in regards to paying him for a service i did not receive. BEWARE. Definitely do NOT recommend this company. Very unprofessional.

2015-11-06T04:00:40 Response from the vendor

Hi Katie! I think you may have meant to post this somewhere else. Even as our page here shows we are a DJ company that offers sound, lighting, DJ, and MC services with a few other options- photobooths, flipbook studios, and we provide some exclusive... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Red Letter DJ was great to work with. The package we got was a great deal, they were easy to communicate with and their website is so convenient and easy to use it made the whole process a breeze. Ben was our DJ for our wedding and he did an absolutely fantastic job. He was very... Read More professional yet fun and did everything he could to make the night go smoothly - and it did! The ceremony music was right on cue and the reception was amazing! He kept the dance floor full all night. The venue said they had never seen so many people dancing there before. Everyone was having such a great time dancing we actually ended up extending our reception! I HIGHLY recommend Ben!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

As a former dj myself I can honestly say that everything went smoothly. John was a total professional and did a great job. He had the guests up and dancing all evening. He also did a great job of keeping the flow of the entire wedding from the ceremony to the cake cutting and... Read More all the other scheduled activities. Two thumbs up for Red Letter DJS!

Worst Part of Our Wedding

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Laura N

We hired Red Letter DJs as a rec from our friends who had been married the year before. The DJ at their wedding played the best songs and kept the audience dancing. We got a $500 discount which allowed us to have 6 hours of music and uplighting. They even had this cool online... Read More tool which allowed you to request music. Our DJ was horrible from the moment he walked into the room. The uplighting looked cheesy and the "love songs" we requested consisted entirely of Kenny G, which we never asked for. He would STOP the music completely to switch songs and did not MC at all. For our regular music he did not play any requested songs. The only thing he got right was our first dance song. My husband and his mother's song had no words and the DJ fled out as soon as his time was up. This was a terrible choice and unless you know who your DJ is in advance, I WOULD NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY.

2015-10-08T16:25:37 Response from the vendor

I'm really sorry to if you had an experience like this from our company- as I've never been informed of anything like this happening I'm not sure if this is actually from one of our weddings. In the history of our company I've never had... Read Less Read More

amazing

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Kailey V

Simply the best! And so much fun!!! Photo booth was great! So much fun!!

Jeremy was AWESOME!!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Barbara P

We have had several of our wedding guests compliment us on the DJ services provided by Red Letter DJ's. Even a few friends who will be getting married in the near future have asked for his information to use in their wedding. Jeremy was our DJ. He was there every step of the... Read More planning process, up through the morning of our wedding with the final details. He made sure the music that was played people were dancing, or he would change the song. He kept the vibe up the entire reception where some guests never left the dance floor. Overall great quality and good price for a wedding DJ. We will be using them again for future events.

Services not fully rendered

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Melissa M

We had a Flip Book Booth at our wedding and the booth itself was fun and everyone enjoyed it. But we were suppose to receive a disc, after the wedding, containing all of the video clips from the wedding. To this day we have not received the disc and it has been 7 months since... Read More our wedding. The owner Jeremy Mancini answered our calls and emails at first and kept assuring us it would ship out the next day and now he won't even respond to me after he asked me to rate the DJ service on here. So I gave them positive feedback for that service but I am now leaving bad feedback for his service for the Flip Book Booth because he has failed to fill all of his part of our contractual agreement of the services and products he was suppose to provide.

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Mike P

We hired Red Letter DJ for our July 3 wedding. Our DJ was Sam & he did an absolutely fantastic job keeping the crowd happy & dancing all night long. Red Letter DJ also provided the music for our ceremony which was tasteful & awesome. My mom can not stop raving about how good our... Read More DJ was & she is a hard woman to please. I would definitely recommend Red Letter DJ to anyone looking for a fantastic wedding DJ.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Jean W

I'm writing this review for my mom and my new step dad, thank you for making their wedding day (5/24) so special! I was doing most of the research for vendors for them. Which us through the night. Very friendly, organized and got the party started! So thank you guys for helping... Read More make such a memorable day for my family!!

awesome

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Tara H

I absolutely love their website. You can plan your wedding music using it and it gives the DJs a cheat sheet. Our DJ,Sam, did an awesome job keeping things on track, And was very personable. At one point he asked the little kids in the bridal party what their favorite song was... Read More so he could play it for them.

THE way to go

Reviewed on 4/26/2015

I'm picky when it comes to music. Picky may be the wrong word…difficult. Yeah that's it. I'm difficult. I hate going to weddings and hearing the same 20 songs over and over over. It makes me angry, and then I want to leave. Seriously there are millions of songs and it's always... Read More the same freaking 20. So when it came time to select the dj for our wedding my bride to be let me make the selection (probably to save herself a headache I would create and who can blame her). We went to an expo and met Jeremy with Red Letter. He owns the company and you can tell by how much pride he puts into it and his work. We spoke at the expo and it was the next day when he gave me a phone call to see if we were interested in meeting. We set up a date and spent an hour with him going over music taste, what we wanted and just chatting. He's extremely nice and friendly while still being very professional. The value you will get is incredible. For the price of what most will charge you just for the music we got uplighting, ceremony set up, dance floor lighting and could have gotten more if we'd so desired. When we asked him why he offers SO MUCH at such a reasonable price his response was "Hey I've got all this stuff why wouldn't I want to use it?". Between that and the fact that he's not just a guy who's using this as a way to make extra cash we were sold. I didn't make it easy on him. Our song selections were stuff he had to pull off of the internet, we had to send a cut of our first dance to him since we personally cut it and I created a "Do Not Play" list that could have seriously hamstrung someone who was going through the motions. Even with all that Jeremy's response was always without fail "That's not a problem at all!", and it never was. The reception went without a hitch on his end, we got what we paid for and more, and were very very happy with everything. I'd highly suggest (and may myself again) use Red Letter for any and all dj needs.

2015-04-27T17:22:20 Response from the vendor

lol- it was a blast breaking away and coming up with new ideas for a great wedding!! I'm so glad I was able to DJ for you and Kristy, thanks so much for trusting us with your wedding! (Oh, and sorry for that "do not... Read Less Read More

BEST DJ EVER!!!

Reviewed on 3/09/2015

If you are looking for an amazing DJ, look no further!!! We recently had Jeremy and Stacy at Red Letter DJs DJ our wedding reception and everyone is talking about the party they threw! They are so amazing!!! Jeremy kept the dance floor packed all night, gathered the guests for... Read More all those special moments, and his energy is like no other...he never stopped smiling and checking in with me and my husband!!! You can't get any better than Red Letter DJs so just book them!!!!! Thank you for making our reception a night we will never forget!

One of the best decisions I made!

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Sarah S

After having a very popular wedding date, we had several DJ's book up. We were lucky that Red Letter was coming to Champaign, IL. Jeremy was the most professional DJ we met with. From the initial meeting to all the details, I was confident that we were in excellent hands and... Read More that our guests were going to have an amazing time. Don't be silly and book with anyone else. From service to value, Red Letter is worth every penny.

AWESOME DJ!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015

What can I say about Jeremy other than he is AWESOME! Jeremy DJ my wedding and aside from being a great DJ he was a terrific entertainer. We had no set agenda or idea of how events in the wedding were going to take place but Jeremy took care of it all. He was great at letting... Read More guest know what was going on and what was coming up next. Not once did I (the bride!!) feel stress or worried. The music was great and everyone loved Jeremy. The online profile Jeremy offers is brilliant. It allowed us to submit music before the big day and invite friends to submit their own request. I must also add Jeremy dressed to impress. He wore a suit and a tie matching our wedding colors :) Jeremy, Thank you for making our special day so much more special!

GREAT D.J.!!!!

Reviewed on 12/13/2014 Kim F

We had the pleasure of hiring Jeremy from Red Letter D.J. I say it was a pleasure because he was hands down our most favorite vendor to deal with. Not only did he offer the best pricing for everything he included; but he responded to our e-mails and phone calls promptly. He... Read More actually came to our home to review his services and worked around our availability to do so. He answered all of our questions and was not "pushy" in the least. During our wedding reception Jeremy was fantastic! He had the energy and enthusiasm to beat the band! His introductions were perfect and the mix of music could not have been better. We had guests complimenting us on his work. Our guests danced for 4 hours straight! We would recommend Red Letter DJ in a heartbeat. ...and if we need a DJ again, this is out "go to" man. Kim and Brian

AMAZING DJ

Reviewed on 11/27/2014 Shannon R

Jeremy was absolutely fantastic from start to finish!! He even went out of his way trying to get our slideshow to work and trying to find the cable we needed. Polite, professional, kept the flow going and super fun! He was conscientious about the type of music we didn't want... Read More played and kept it fun! I couldn't say enough good things about him and his service! He connected on a personal level and was super easy to approach. It was honestly like having a friend run the show. Book him, you won't regret it!!!